What the fuck is wrong with these people?

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

>having any problem with C&H

Watch yourself bucko.

Their child is a stupid, destructive, ADD piece of shit with no friends that talks to imaginary friends

Your parents probably had the same conversation about you... probably within the last week

Children suck.

>Their child is a stupid
If anything Calvin was a smart-ass. Which frankly I think may have been worse.

I've read about two years of of Calvin and Hobbes, and I've yet to see them show affection towards their son.

because that isn't funny
I dunno, try the ones with the dead raccoon

Calvin is lucky his parents never came into his room in the middle of the night to smother him.

He wasn't a "smart ass". He was just rude and insulting. The way he acted he seemed to be special-ed tier

It gives the whole thing an undercurrent of misery. Makes me think the creator either had parents that hated him, or he hates his own children. Given that he's a bitter recluse, I'm guessing the latter.

This is actually how most 1st world millennial normies feel these days. People don't want to sacrifice their free time and money to raise a kid any more, and a lot of people are choosing to just have long term live-in relationships without ever getting legally married. There's a reason why the more wealthy a country is the slower the population growth.

He would regularly have philosophical conversations and discussions daily dude. He's an ass but he ain't dumb.

I never got this. Always just seemed like joking around to me.

I don't find parents that regret their own children and express nothing but anger and resentment towards them particularly funny.

He just wanted to make an entertaining comic strip.

He didn't Jim Davis his creation, and because of that the purity is retained.

How's it feel to be blind and retarded at the same time

You probably would if you had a sense of humor.

Well that's one strip out of what, ten thousand?

What is funny about parents hating their own children?

>Swift kick in the butt
>$1.00

>I've read about two years of of Calvin and Hobbes
>I've yet to see them show affection towards their son.
>Panel shows Calvin's mom showing affection towards him

moot point

Look at this dumb nigger.

They go into the woods at night to find hobbes for him you pleb sack of shit

Are you autistic? The whole point of the comic is that Calvin is a world champion at being a little shit, and good parents don't exactly condone that no matter how much they love their kid.

What, you want the parents to coo endlessly at Calvin flooding the house, breaking windows and injuring himself? Go read family circus or something, honestly.

The very fact that their child is so awful that it overrides their unconditional love.

So a six year old has behavioral problems that his parents do nothing about except resent him for it. Hilarious.

How does she do that?

Indeed it is.

Going out in the woods in the middle of the night to get his kid's favorite toy?

Only a spergie legitimately dislike C&H. Objectively it's at least alright

I don't get it.

>do nothing about except resent him for it

Is this the part of the thread where people post examples of them punishing him for his behavior, and you move the goalposts again?

Watterson actually said in an interview that he got asked why the parents were always punishing Calvin and complaining, and we never got to see them being positive people. He responded that he simply thought that the strip revolves around Calvin and that his parents don't really have a reason to appear in the story most of the time, and that they usually only appear when Calvin is at his worst because that's when including there makes sense.

The entire world is also skewed because it's seen through the eyes of a child, so school is monochrome and his teacher is a hag and his lunch is green sludge, and his parents are yelling a lot and neutral otherwise, and his trips downhill in a wagon feel like epic adventures because that's how an actual child sees his own life.

The guy also changed the dynamic of the strip a bit from the beginning, and you can tell in later strips that Calvin's parents appear less and less, whereas in the earlier strips he juxtaposes his parents' reactions to things with how Calvin sees them, using that as the punchline a bit more.

Anyway, they're just normal people in the end.

they're parents.

just got your shit kicked in

>moving the goalposts

Literally OP.

Is there a reason you posted this twice?

What's funny about anything? Fuck you and fuck your attempts to deconstruct humor

stop posting

>Give evidence against something
>Got shit kicked in
Why are you even here

Is there a reason you replied to yourself?

ITT: people who don't have kids. Being a parent is...a challenge. Hell yes most days having a rambunctious kid full of imagination and the kind of energy you wouldn't have one tenth of on your best day is something that would grind down almost anybody. But the love is there every day, and you can see it when your little boy smiles. It's just something intangible that happens over time.

Pardon?

what the fuck is happening

I misread your post. My mistake.

Y'all are messing with my mental mind

almost every parent has buyer's remorse when it comes to their own children. it doesn't mean they don't love them.
children are hard, they're destructive. Calvin's follies are played up for comedic value.
you can relate to both Calvin and his Parent's specific frustrations about life and the people around them.

That's because it's principlyour from Calvin's perspective and he views them confrontationally.

My parents made fun of me on occasion. My dad used to make the same joke about wishing they got a second dog. I never once took it seriously when I was little. Never doubted they loved me.
You take a comic strip too serious.

In the past I would've immediately wrote this post off as a troll but these days there`s good chance you're being sincere

>that time your friends dad nicknamed him mistake
They'd go to lengths trying to outbanter each other

Nice rebuttal.

I assumed that was obvious. We always see Calvin's mom angry or his dad yelling because that's what kids remember.

My dad is pretty chill, but all I remember of him as a kid is him yelling when he was angry.

The conversations they have with each other feel almost out of place, like when they discuss been burglarized.

>Watterson
>interview

one of the best

In all honesty the majority of parents ask the same thing, kids are expensive and annoying, they are cute but only in memories.

How does this fucking strip still get me to laugh after all these years.

i mean lets not ignore the fact that good jobs for young people have been shrinking for almost half a century

It's an elegantly written joke.

Doesn't Calvin actually take after her rather than his dad though?

I seem to recall more than one strip suggesting that she was an absolute hellion as a little girl.

My absolute favorite was being told that if the pope had to spend a day with us he'd change a rule or two. It took me a year or two then of being confused about it before I learned he was talking about contraception/abortion. Nearly fell over in class laughing.

There's no reason to get married in the 21st century (not that there's any reason not to if you plan on being with the person in question forever) and if you elect to biologically reproduce rather than adopt one of the countless children that don't have a home, you're willfully taking food from the mouths of someone you could have helped. Reproduction is literally morally wrong.

a baby boomer was romanticisizing/humourizing terrible parenting as an excuse for his own failures

Why? Does it bring back bad memories?

>millennial
Again with this meaningless meme.

One might fall for that argument if it wasn't for people constantly saying that Western nations must get more immigrants, and they must come from third world nations. If the natives aren't getting kids but the immigrants keep coming in and they have higher birth rates too, the population's slowly getting replaced. With cultures that have very conservative religious views.

You're joking, right?

The only reason you don't see "affection" is because Calvin's disruptive behavior is a lot funnier. It's not that the affection doesn't happen, it's that it's difficult to tie it in with comedy.

With that in mind, Hobbes Goes Missing, Broken Binoculars, and Dead Racoon immediately come to mind.

see, with the thing like that though, this sorta shit happens:
You say there is an abundance of children with no parents/homes, I agree. But how did they get in that situation? Careless people, who had children they couldn't afford, just so someone can "take the fall" for their mistake.

Nevertheless, I'm not knocking on adoption, it's a noble thing if one can't have children on their own or wish to have children but be more of a "giving to the world" person.

Do the hobo kids come spayed/neutered or do we have pay for that ourselves?

I dont get whats wrong. Dachshunds are great.

Then they should have got one instead of shitting out a kid they didn't want.

Probably 99% of parents should have done that

Jesus christ, how old is this picture?

My household was misery. Calvins is full of love. What, you think the average parent is just going to go "oh that lil' rascal of mine" at antics like calvins?
I swear i dont know how you millennials cant even grasp fucking Calvin and Hobbes.

Jesus Christ did Mr. Enter stumble onto Sup Forums? This is some high grade autism ITT.

Neck snapped during a gangbang.

I have no moral obligation to raise anybodys child for them. Fuck foster kids my own blood comes first you literal cuckold.

In some situations, children act out in such manners when they aren't being properly challenged or stimulated.

The mom even calls out Hobbes' name when they're out in the woods, half forgetting that he's a stuffed tiger.

you think Calvin would've done better in a montessori school?

If it's morally wrong to reproduce, why would I pay for the sins of my fellow man. I'm not fricken Jesus Christ or anything.

They're boomer parents. The most selfish generation in history. All they gave a shit about was hedonism and materialism.

t. the millenial

You're a millennial too, unless you're over 40, in which case get your shit together gramps.

Maybe. I went for two years (kinder and first grade), then transferred to public school when my parents couldn't afford it anymore. My grades dropped significantly even though the work load was significantly lower.

It wasn't til 7th or 8th grade that I started to regain enough interest to maintain an above C average, and wasn't til college that I started to get legitimately excited about what I was learning and getting high marks consistently .

I think you're forgetting y and z, kiddo.

with Hobbes

Millennial IS Gen Y, dipshit. The cohort name was invented in 1987.

Fuck, don´t do this to me, man ;__;

My mommy had severe depression and lay in bed all day for some time, because she just couldn´t anymore. It was horrible.

I recall that this strip caused him to get alot of angry letters from my 10th anniversary edition.

Good. Couldn't find a picture of the pile of letter bombs from the episode, but you get the idea.

That sucks man, my mom was a depressed alcohol who moved away from my dad when I was 7 and only called every christmas until she died when I was 12.

On topic: I love Calvin and Hobbes.

>"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
>Socrates ~ somewhen around 390 BC ~

It always has and always will be the job of the older generation to find the actions of youth to be irksome and grouse loudly as such.

C&H made me learn to read. I used to sit on my father's knee and he would read the sunday funnies to me...

N-no u.AHAHAH i sure showed him for being born in [previous decades]

Apparently this quote is attributed to everyone under the sun but i still agree with the message that it convey,that old people will always complain about dem kids and dem new toy