Itt: things casuals says

itt: things casuals says

i'll start

>Superman is the mask. Clark Kent is the person
>Bruce Wayne is the mask. Batman is the person

>itt: blind people say
>Superman is the mask

ftfynnttmtbhwymfaf

Depending on the writer Bruce Wayne is definitely the mask. The Clark one is kinda dumb.

But thats usually true.

I actually agree, sorta. Clark is the person. Clark is clark, he's honest, wholesome farmboy is his true personality.

Fuck Sup Forums
all of you autistiscs fucks all think that Superman is different from Clark or Kal-El. Jesus.
almost like he had split personalities or something, stop projecting your mental health in media

Anyone who grew up reading the post-Crisis Superman, in particular John Byrne's Superman, saw that Clark was the indeed the real man and Superman was the mask. Other than the New 52 era, that has remained constant in the comics since 1987. A 'casual' Superman fan would not know this. He'd just quote a Tarantino movie line as though it were his own original thoughts.

I just said clark is his true self, how's that split?

For Batman it depends.
Playboy Bruce Wayne is a mask.
Serious Bruce Wayne is the person. Or a Bruce Wayne who still can't deal with his parents death is the person.
When was the last time we saw a playboy version of Bruce anyways? It feels like its been a while.

Superman and Clark are the same person though. There's not really a difference in personality.

First of all shut the fuck up.

Secondly no, as an user once well explained to me once depending on the material Superman, Clark and Kal are all formed from the same identity, the man behind them just tweaks how they present themselves depending on who he's interacting with.
None of them are a "mask".

With Bruce there's some debate Again depending on the material, technically Batman very much literally starts as a mask since Bruce invents it to strike fear into criminals and all that, but with time Bruce becomes so dependent on Batman as a means of expression and influence that he makes his original identity more of a caricature to excuse his withdrawal from society. All the same there is still very much a person called Bruce under there. Whenever Batman sees a reminder of his the Waynes he doesn't just shrug it off.

Ultimately almost every dual identity character will have a complex connection between both halves of who they are, the only ones who have a mask are those who never had a secondary identity until they had to make it up at some point temporarily.

Thirdly shut the fuck up.

Go home, Waid. No one gives a shit about "disguised as a mild-mannered newspaper reporter" besides you and your autistic inner circle of friends, you warped old hack

>Superman's so boring, he's so strong nothing can challenge him

Kill Bill really fucked a lot of people up at this. You're supposed to see Bill's a nutjob for his supes' views, not agree with them.

>I like Batman because he's more relatable, since he has no powers

An autist would take things too literally like you are.

It's not about seperate personalities, its about acting differently in different company. Superman DOES put on a slightly artificial front when he's in costume to be more professional and heroic. He's more natural and comfortable as Clark.

The idea that "Superman" is the mask simply serves to humanize Clark. In the old days, Clark was just a convenient disguise. However, what this meant was that none of his relationships as Clark Kent were authentic beyond his parents. Whether it's Perry, Jimmy or Lois, his interactions with them was all just staged. None of it was real. And what that means is that outside of the Kent residence in Smallville, Clark Kent does not truly have any authentic relationships at all. That all his friendships are just frauds. The Christopher Reeve movies further accentuated this, playing up the fact that Clark pretended to be clumsy, shy and awkward when in fact he was none of those things.

Post-Crisis, things were changed up. In an effort to further humanize Superman (even though he's not human), they made Clark his authentic persona while Superman was something he made up. The television series Lois & Clark further popularized this concept when Clark insisted that Clark was who he is and Superman was just what he could do. Superman the Animated Series continued this trend with Clark being far more casual and easy-going in his civilian identity while having a more "proper" persona for the Superman identity.

Since then, however, the two ended up meshing together. Clark Kent is just as much a part of who he is as Superman and vice versa. As Clark Kent, he's able to express his upbringing, his casual and normal side. Even though he's a crazy powerful alien, he was raised by simple farmers and has lived among humans his whole life. He doesn't really know how to live any other way. On the other hand, being Superman allows him to further express his sense of justice, altruism and desire to help others more than Clark Kent ever could. Superman would pretty much go crazy if he couldn't be Clark Kent, but Clark Kent would feel frustrated if he couldn't do good as Superman. You can't have one without the other. They're both two sides of the same coin.

This shit right here. Then they rag on Superman without knowing anything about him.

>Infinite money
>Infinite tech
>Jack of all trades, if not a sudden ace when needed
I don't even have a bat hateon, but this comment always gets a chuckle out of me.

Bruce is like if the smartest, richest, handsomest and most athletic people you knew but could barely relate to all married into one big family and had a kid.

It's the same deal with Batman. Yes, much of how he acts as Bruce Wayne is a facade to hide his anger and pain, but much of who he is still leaks out. His compassion, altruism and desire to do good are expressed more fluidly when he's Bruce Wayne because he doesn't have to make a conscious effort to intimidate anyone. The way he runs his company, handles his charities, all these things are expressions of who Bruce Wayne is: a man who wants to do good. If someone suggests to him to do something stupid like build a partnership with Lex Luthor or tear down an orphanage for a parking lot, he will react in legitimate outrage. It's not like Batman is absolutely who he is either. He's out to deliberately terrorize criminals, so he has to put on a scary face and attitude.

Compared to Clark, Bruce probably has less people he can truly be himself around. I'd say that the only people he's 100% natural with are his family, Clark and Diana.

Last time I can think of was a Harley comic maybe a year or two ago, where she kidnaps him during a party or something.

I get Clark being a mask insofar as his mannerisms being different, but the whole bumbling, naive act hasn't been a thing for awhile in canon... The last I saw of it was in the All Star movie (golden age continuity) and Supergirl episodes.

Nowadays Supes is just Clark being even Clarkier.

But everything Superman is is a result of Clark's upbringing, and as for Batman you can argue that there are two Bruce's, the public persona he shows to strangers and the Bruce he shows to friends and family which is the real him. You can't just say that Batman was the person without recognizing that Batman is how he is because of a conscious decision Bruce took one night a bat broke through his window.

Or Tarantino's just a hack.

Superman is Clark, Clark is Clark, Clark is Kal El. Superman has no masks.

I don't think I've heard his opinion on the matter, but the scene heavily suggests that along with drugging her to make her emotionally vulnerable Bill is also clearly creating a false dichotomy to force Kiddo into believing a normal life for her is a lie, a fantasy she's created in her head, and that in the end she must live as the unstoppable powerhouse she needs to be read, he needs her to be since the rest of his assassins are dead or blind and dying.

I don't think it's a coincidence the big villain of the movie, who committed several other acts of atrocity under the guise of love, compassion and understanding, is saying something like this. He sees the world a certain way and wants others to, he doesn't really give a shit about the reality of anything or he wouldn't be forcing his hand through others.

>The Killing Joke is one of the best graphic novels ever!

Dude, calm down. Are you having a stroke?

>I love Batman because he can beat anyone
>I hate Captain America because he's a boring personality less goody two shoes
I was raging hard at this.

t. Casual

Clark is a reflection of us. Superman is who we should strive to be.

Every single comic marvel produces is sjw propaganda

>Secondly no, as an user once well explained to me once
Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound?
I don't think you're in any position to tell people to shut the fuck up and attempt explaining Superman lol. Even if it is Boco.

While Clark can be the wholesome farmboy he is, he's still hiding his power level. His powers are part of him. Superman encompasses both the farmboy and the alien visitor from another planet.

>Marvel is men trying to be gods
>DC is gods trying to be men
Triggers me everytime.

This. People always say this about JL, especially Flash and Superman but like....they were both raised human. Flash IS human.

Your post reads like a modern meme episode of archer

go unmeme yourself and lurk more

I had a coworker say "how can you not like Marvel, but you like Hellboy"
This guy really thought Hellboy was in the Marvel universe. He wouldn't believe me when I told him Hellboy is published by Dark Horse and he went out of his way to look it up.

I had a guy at my lcs try and push New 52 Suicide Squad on my while I was buying Ostrander's volume 1. He said "That comic doesn't even have Harley in it, and she's like, a founding member."

>Batman is so awesome, he can beat anyone with zero effort!
>Superman is so boring, he can beat anyone with zero effort!

>two remarks, zero rebuttals
Boco has fanboys now? Next thing Roasted Bread will get a welcome back party.

It hurts, my manon

Roasted was an artist compared to modern shitposters. Back in those days shitposting meant something.

I could probably fill up entire threads with stories of this guy I know at work just being an absolute casual. He's proof that it is possible to be a hardcore casual. But, for brevity's sake, I'll just go with ONE thing he's said that everyone has had to deal with before at one time or another:
>"Jason Todd as the Red Hood is a GREAT character"

that's funny since you probably just watched Kill Bill and started believing that about Superman. The only people who think Clark Kent is the mask are either people who grew up on pre-crisis Superman or casual. I can guess which one you are.

The way I see it, Superman is him fully embracing his potential and using the lessons the Kents taught him to help the world.

Clark is just who he settles into society with in order to have the benefit of not being seen as a god at every hour of the day.

Clark the mild-mannered reporter isn't exactly him being true, but neither is Superman. When you see him alone with Lois, the Kents, Jon, or Bruce and Diana, just hanging out, that I think is when you see the real him. There's parts of that in his public persona and as Superman too though. I remember a page from a comic somewhere that had a girl saying she idolised Clark in college because of the fierceness and skill in his journalism, then met him and was completely stunned at how mild he seemed.

I feel with Clark it's a more natural "this is how you act at work" vs "this is how you act at home" thing, but he just has two jobs. Like neither role seems to be a huge effort for him

It's not 2 identities, it's 3 for each.

Superman, Smallville Clark, Daily Planet Clark.

Batman, Batcave/Wayne Manor Bruce, Playboy Bruce.

They are the most honest when at home. They have nothing to hide.

>Snyder is the reason I like Superman
Makes my blood fucking boil.

It's pure fucking self insert bullshit. They don't care that Bruce would literally give all the money and perks up to get his parents back, or that he's on the edge of snapping and killing his rogues gallery because Joker got out and shot up a school again, they just imagine living in the mansion and fucking a super heroine harem. Bruce is a Mary Sue insert not a character for them. They're not real Batfags and I hate them.

>Batman can beat the entire League on his own, that's what makes him awesome
>An evil Batman story doesn't make sense, the League would easily stop him
Why is Batman in particular so attractive to hypocritical retards? It's annoying as fuck and it's obvious they know jack shit about Batman.

>Tfw you were hoping that Snyder would ruin the BvS bullshit with his terrible movie
>Fucking Boon brings it back
This is truly a hell without exit.

Evil Batman is just a shitty Luthor. There's no point.

Oh that reminds me of a good one
>"It's something different for Superman"
>Has read, played and seen 0% of Superman media outside of the cultural osmosis formed from word of mouth, assumption and cursory glance.
Mm, ground breaking stuff from the visionary behind such breathtaking, original classics as Sucker Punch. Truly a pioneer of the medium.
I just wonder where does such a mind come up with these never before imagined directions, and why no one else has ever in the nearly 80 year history of the character thought of anything like it before.

Perhaps it is not for us to understand such unparalleled genius, but simply shell out ticket fare and purchase the extended edition on Blu-Ray on DVD to experience the complete masterpiece.

Wrong. An evil Batman is Captain Hydra which is awesome as hell.

>Shit casuals say
Superman printed after 86 is actually Superman.

'>Superman encompasses both the farmboy and the alien visitor from another planet.

He doesn't. He plays a role. He talks almost like if he was doing an insurance commercial.

Counterpoint: every Mark Waid comic about the JL.

The deeper blue works better

Would you like to pick a date or title?
There's a lot of deep blues.

>Superman is a human and a farmboy, with no relations to Krypton.

>Batman is the most original hero ever and he's more human than Superman because he has no superpowers
>Joker is the best Batman villain because he's a dark reflection of Batman
>Harley is a strong female character and I hated how SS bimbofied her
>Penguin is boring he's just a fat man with an umbrella
>Brave and the Bold is the worst Batman cartoon

>Brave and the Bold is the worst Batman cartoon
Are there any non casual cartoons?

>92495666
>>Superman is the mask. Clark Kent is the person
Since Kill Bill casuals all say the opposite actually
Literally had this argument the other day at work and had to drop the subject because of how strongly three of my coworkers tried to defend that shitty opinion because muh Tarantino even if none of them had ever read a single Superman comic book

>>Superman is the mask. Clark Kent is the person
It's mostly postcrisis casualfags who say this. They've never read any real Superman ie the pre crisis Superman.

To be honest, watching Man of Steel in the theater reignited my interest in the character, and I don't regret a thing. I like Golden Age Supes, Silver Age, Post-Crisis, and out of all of them I think Snyder's Superman is my favorite.

Don't hurt me, please!

itt: things casuals says

i'll start

"itt: things casuals says

i'll start

>Superman is the mask. Clark Kent is the person
>Bruce Wayne is the mask. Batman is the person"

This was casual the post. Clark Kent IS the person, and if he had to give one aspect of his life up it'd be the Superman portion, not his treasured farmboy upbringing. And Bruce Wayne IS the mask because it's the opposite with him, he'd never give up being Batman even if it was life or death. Being Batman means more to him than being Bruce.

No, that just means you're a casual.

He's relatable because of his mortality, and because his abilities are derived from things we all have at least some frame of reference for (money, influence, technology, martial arts), even if we may never personally have or experience them ourselves. Does anyone in here have a frame of reference for flying at hypersonic speeds without a plane, or being able to perceive the entire EM spectrum? What about reading minds or running at the speed of light?

Christ, dumbfucks like you who say shit like that just to get one over on the "casuals" makes you sound just as stupid as they do.

No, that just means you're a casual.

A comic from the 70's is hardly relevant anymore. The character has changed drastically since then. And the only good thing about that story anyways was Clark actually got to fuck Lois in 297.

>70's is hardly relevant anymore
That's what a casual would say,

No one has a frame of reference for being a crazy, rich, highly-skilled orphan who can dodge bullets and take down superhumans.
Do YOU have a frame of reference for any of that?
Do YOU have a frame of reference for constructing a backup split personality in the event you go comatose?

This should be the gold standard, though.
Superman was not raised on Krypton.
He left Krypton when he was a baby, for Christ's sake.

superman doesn't wear a mask

WELL WHAT IF I DO HUH ?

Hey now, in that arc he alternates giving up both identities.

Worth noting though, while he mostly kept it together as Clark Kent (outside of one guilt ridden dream sequence) being Superman 24/7 drove him to tears.

>Do YOU have a frame of reference for constructing a backup split personality in the event you go comatose?
You leave Jeffrey out of this.

>itt: things casuals says
>Batman is more relatable than Superman

"I can't just be Superman all the time! I'd go crazy if I had to be Superman all the time!"

>Magneto and Dr.Doom are good villains because they are sympathetic and have good reasons

THIS FUCKING SHIT RIGHT HERE

I might be able to agree with Doom
Since I think it's been stated before that the only good futures are the one where he's in charge

But Magneto is a racist domestic terrorist

>I think it's been stated before that the only good futures are the one where he's in charge
That just seems like yet another instance of Doomwankery to me.
I hate when writers try to turn Dr.Doom into Ozymandias (and even Ozymandias was not meant to be sympathetic despite arguably beneficial intentions). It just flies completely against the point of the character.
Although I did like that time where he succeeded in ruling the world by literally brainwashing everyone into submitting to him, and thus ending all global conflict, but getting bored with victory and just giving up.

No.

Those legs. Wait. Leg.

Tarantino is a hack, but you are a retard, why do you idiots take what Bill or Lex in bvs say as the true?

Why are people so stupid that you actually think characters that are manipulative and evil will always say the truth? I know most movies have 2 dimensional bad guys that will explain their motivations, be sympathetic and handhold you but anyone that isn't a complete moron should know that you are not supposed to trust the villian.

>DC owns the comics, Marvel owns the movies

You will trigger Johnsfag Casuals

The true Clark and Bruce are the man raised in Smallville when at home with his family and the detective at the cave in suit but without the cowl, respectively. Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter, and Bruce Wayne, idiot playboy billionaire, are just personas they adopt in order to protect the secrets of Superman and Batman.

When you're talking to your boss, I imagine you act a little differently then when you're talking to your friends, right? Putting on a persona is not the same as having a mental disorder.

In any case, I've read more than enough comics where writers use OP's complaints, so at this point its a valid interpretation.