The Phantom Media

>all these news outlets suddenly en masse write near identical articles trying to remind people to dislike a 20-year-old movie
>this is just the latest coordinated TLJ damage control
What the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nMLOW3Gt1xE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It doesn't matter, in the end. It doesn't matter about the last movie. Audiences don't like THIS movie, and they're letting everyone know.

>trivia about The Phantom Menace is now breaking news

lmao aren't they late?

they want discount trips to disney world

What did he mean by this?

God I fucking hate disney

do you spend all day thinking up new boogeymen?

Phantom Menace is dead. Phantom Menace doesn't have to be Star Wars anymore.

Just goes to show you how bad their damage control got.

Things underage Gen-Zers actually believe:

1. People liked the prequels when they were released.
2. Ewoks exist for any reason but to sell toys.
3. There were no black people in Star Wars before Disney.

>1. People liked the prequels when they were released.
Are you saying that no one liked the PT at the time of release? No one at all?
Even the people that liked the PT at the time of release?

>'member TPM? it sucks!
>wtf I love TLJ now
are these journiggers serious?

Not a prequelfag, but what the fucking shit is this? How is this remotely news? Are they really referring to the making of feature in the Phantom Menace that came out like 17 years ago? Conspiracies theories aside, that's fucking ridiculous. How is that remotely news? It's been a RLM meme for like five years.

>outlets suddenly en masse write near identical articles trying to remind people to dislike a 20-year-old movie
jews gonna jew

1. A lot of people did.
2. Most people realize this.
3. The only notable black character was Lando and he wasn't just a black character, he was an actual character.

>3. The only notable black character was Lando and he wasn't just a black character, he was an actual character.
Mace Windu was notable.

from my perspective, he didn't go far enough

>The only notable black character was Lando
whatchutalkinbout

youtube.com/watch?v=nMLOW3Gt1xE

>Mace Windu was notable
Ahaha- oh shit you're serious

"It really takes talent to get terrible performances from a massive host of veteran actors.

Lucas is the Cleveland Browns of directing.

how is a purple lightsaber not noteworthy?

>outlets suddenly en masse write near identical articles trying to remind people to dislike a 20-year-old movie
I'm so fucking sick of jews.

Hey faggots! I saw all 3 prequels in theaters.. I didn't really like then that. Much but I still saw them all in theaters.. I only watched Force Awakens in theaters and legitimately thought about asking for my money back. What does that tell you?

And a lot of sites have those "stop crying" """news stories""" as well about TLJ. Maybe it's just low hanging fruit but it definitely feels coordinated.

Disgusting.

This i still love him tho

He's a step above Padme's bodyguard or whatever, but he's not really all that important to the story

I distinctly remember that my reaction to seeing Ep 1 in theaters was so dull and hazy that I completely forgot the movie the next day. I didn't immediately think it was "awful". I was hyped, though not "Star Wars fanboy" level hyped. Then I watched it and I was just "Oh, that was.. okay.. I'm sure.." And then it was gone from my memory the next day. The only thing that stuck was that I thought it was stupid for them to name the bad guy "Darth Maul" and give him a red lightsaber because it totally shat on the uniqueness of Vader even though this was supposed to be Vader's backstory? But I didn't care that much.
I didn't watch 2 or 3 in theaters. That thin scrap of hype flitted away from my grasp and disappeared into the wind.

The prequels were pretty popular when they were new. I remember friends who would watch the movies over and over at least, though I wasn't really crazy for star wars in general. I remember I even had to play fucking Duel of the Fates in band

I do still wish we got more Jedi like Qui Gon. Laid back copacetic stoner type with a lightsaber.

I think the clone wars cartoon had a literal version of what you just said

I want to see Qui-Gon's adventures of swindling and cheating his way around the galaxy with the jedi mind trick.
>I don't owe you for these drinks
>You don't owe me for these drinks
>They're on the house
>They're on the house

>Mace Windu's character is that he has a purple lightsaber

How about Vader before the reveal? JEL was a very well known award-winning actor and his voice is very distinctive. Everybody thought Vader was black (and they didn't give a shit he was still the coolest and scariest motherfucker).
That is why the twist of who he really was was so impactful to people back then and a stroke of genius.

This is straight from the Gamergate Playbook.
Because it's also the Jewish Playbook.

This is what a conspiracy looks like in action.
All these people have back-channel communication lines
despite the fact that they are technically competitors.

>I thought it was stupid for them to name the bad guy "Darth Maul" and give him a red lightsaber because it totally shat on the uniqueness of Vader
You were a retard 20 years ago and you're a retard now.

You were not born 20 years ago and you're a millennial childlet now.

>Jedi weren't supposed to be stoic
Fuck you, brainlets.

lol prequelbaby triggered as fuck

>You were not born 20 years ago
You're right, I was born way earlier than 20 years ago.
>millenial childlet
20 bucks says you're a millenial too.

How does it feel getting so angry your face contorts in rage because someone on the internet called out your shitty 20 year old movies, and there's nothing you can do about it?

I was 9 when TPM came out and thought it was the coolest shit ever

Literally not a single person born before 1990 liked the prequels and that's an objective fact.

>How does it feel getting so angry your face contorts in rage
I don't know, you tell me.
I wasn't even defending the prequels, I was calling you retarded.
You and the prequels can be retarded at the same time.

>nothing you can do about it
He can shitpost, that's for sure.

I mean, he is. Asshole number 2 Jedi. Most people would remember him.

>shitposting intensifies

>all this raw pure salt
How does it feel?

The only thing I remember about him is how terribly miscast he was.

One site doing this is weird enough but all of them nearly identically?
Not that the media had any credibility anyway, but still shocking.

Explain why pls.

yeah, he should only play unstable black characters who shout too much

No shit he went too far with Jar Jar, the CGI and the casting of Anakin which should have been a better kid which we saw in the audition tapes.

But is the movie still decent? I think it is. It's not a bad movie as people claim it is when you fix up some problems it has.

Is it better than Jackson's the Hobbit. OH GOD YES.

Yes, because he's a character actor, and he's incredibly bad at anything but his loud shouting angry black man persona. Even that is well past its prime. Sam Jackson was honestly never very good, only people who got their first teenage edgeboner to Tarantino movies think so.

If they aren't going to bother giving him anything important to do it would at least be more fun that way. It's a waste to bring in the guy just for him to be sitting in the background

I don't have a problem with his Mace. In fact, between him and the TCW Mac, I think he plays it better.

We might be witnessing the 'Death of An Identity'.
What we are seeing is the end of gamers...eh, Star Wars fans.

t. liberal projection: the post

Why the fuck do people hate them so much? Sure the dialog was cringe at times and the acting was bad mainly due to direction but the soundtrack and visuals were fucking great The new movies have absolutely nothing going for them.

>the media isnt bought and paid fo-

you tell me. I'm an observer commenting on how retarded your exchanges are. this is why we need IDs

>so triggered by a statement he has to salve his wounded ego by jumping into the conversation to advertise how upset it made him
fucking lol

>Why the fuck do people hate them so much?
it's a meme you dip

weird, my brother born in 1985 loves TPM. You stupid fucking plinkett nigger

lol no that's Vox, Salon, Slate and now Fox's job

What's going on?

I notice you're the only one claiming how mad everyone else is. it's almost as if you were so butthurt, you didn't read my post at all and assumed ill intent.

>all this damage control
hahaha

Yes, let's change the board completely just for your little butthurt sake.
Fuck. You.
Go somewhere else if you don't like it.

>can't even quip or project anymore
total anal devastation

holy shit that salt

First of all faggots, it was a ROUGH CUT. Unfinished sfx, no podrace, no John Williams soundtrack and before the last minute edits to make sure it wasn’t to intense for you brainlets to comprehend

>IDs = change the board completely
>t. chronic samefag

Go to Sup Forums, they have IDs.

Lads, we must embrace the prequels to fight them back

This.
It figures the prequelbaby would also be an authoritarian leftie who wants to institute IDs.

/thread

This is fuckng weird.

The Ewoks suck but the theme of nature vs. technology was still pretty competently executed in RotJ

Jar Jar was the key to alll of this

I'm sure you clap everytime you see the falcom millenium in TFA

It figures a samefag and shitposter would be afraid of IDs. literally no one else would care.

MSM finally realized that people would rather read stale memes than read actual news

George did nothing wrong

Jar Jar

>trying this hard when you've already been outed as a reddit migrant
Crying yourself to sleep cause you can't downboat people that hurt your feelings, huh?

>i'll call him reddit again
>that will surely cure my assravaging
try it 2 or 3 more times. it might work then.

>/comfy/

>trying this hard
You've been exposed. Nothing you do is going to change the fact we can see you for what you are now.
Look how he recoils.

Lol this

Born in 80, saw ROTJ in theatres, grew up with the toys, don't give much of a shit abt OT, and ROTS is the only one I will watch now on any sort of regular basis. While flawed, it's effectively a greek tragedy, and by far the best thing Lucas ever did.

that's 2.
go for a hat trick. surely you'll be successful this round.

Nah

Born in '81 and I remember being in the cinema for the midnight screening of AoTC and the cinema went fucking nuts when Yoda showed up to face Dooku. I thought it was the best SW film walking out of the cinema.

PM I found Jar Jar annoying and Boss Nas was too hard to understand, apart from that loved it.

RoTS was great and I adored it.

It was only afterwards, as the general culture shifted against them, the Plinkett reviews hit and probably as I got older that they became objects of hate. I tend to remember that my favourite original trilogy movie growing up was RoTJ because of the battle scene were we got to see the Rebel fleet fight. Now as an adult it's my least favourite in the original trilogy.

Interestingly I went back over the last few days and rewatched the prequels. I put Plinket and 20 years of internet hate out of my mind and just approached them with a fresh slate. And honestly? They're pretty good. Jar Jar is just as annoying as he always was but a lot of the points in the Plinkett reviews really don't hold water when you watch the actual movies. The storylines do make sense and the acting isn't as bad as the memes make it out to be. And visually these are some of the most stunning SW scenes out there. The opening sequence of RoTS is a visual feast.

Nah i hate star wars hype in general but I liked phantom menace. maybe if it wasn't a star wars movie.

Nope.

Sometimes I can't tell who is worse, OT fans or ST fans.

>you consent

checkmate feminists