Aside from the lack of interest in some, if not all, of the characters, and any other bullshit present...

Aside from the lack of interest in some, if not all, of the characters, and any other bullshit present, Rogue One is the best Disney star wars film period. They literally cannot top this film.

youtu.be/wxL8bVJhXCM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're not setting a high bar, but I agree.

WE

Vader was blatant fanservice, but I agree. It feels like it was written by actual human beings. TFA is boring and TLJ is an absolute catastrophe.

but what about their upcoming fil-
>solo production is a dumpster fire
>episode 9 will be JJ and 8 killed all interesting plot threads for it

I look forward to the Yoda movie about his life as a space ghost watching the universe burn and doing nothing to stop it.

The main chick is a qt and much better than mary sue in TFA

I really do wish we hadn't gotten the butchered and reshot version of Rogue One. Would have probably solidified it as the top new Star Wars film among everyone

Still better than all the other recent ones

I meant to say low bar

So I actually just watched this movie. I found it very weird when they ask Jimmy Smits character to "talk to his jedi friend". He says he'll send HER the message. And then of course we later see Leia. BUT Leia at that point didnt know she could use the force AND no one would ever call her a jedi.

Im not a star wars nerd but it bothered me. Maybe someone can answer or ill just spam in a few threads until some super fan sets me straight

Episode 8 will be branded a red herring and mostly pointless.

Snoke will come back(do you really think a godlike being who can channel the force across the galaxy can simply die by being cut in half? And if you pay attention , he acknowledges that Kylo is turning the lightsaber next to him to kill his master. He never had to turn the other saber to kill Rey.), Luke will be back as a force ghost, and Kylo Ren will admit he made it up about Rey's parents being nobodies because he thought it would compel her to put her daddy issues on him.

It's all gonna be bullshit and we will have to sit through hundreds of reviews about how fucking brilliant it was for Disney to do that.

They ruined Leia in nu-star wars by shoehorning the word HOPE into every fucking line. That was never her character in the OT.

The Jedi friend is obiwan he’s saying he trusts leia with his life ss the leader of the rebellion. It’s s word bit of dialogue.

Jedi friend was Obi-Wan Kenobi. Princess Leia was a proxy for obi. Did you even watch the first Star Wars movie ?

yea I thought of that but thats both luke and leia at risk

i cant even beleive that smits character would keep in contact with obiwan

"Jedi friend" refers to Obi Wan, Bail Organa meant since shit is going down it's time to get Obi Wan out of hiding and maybe get Luke into action. Bail gave the mission of finding Obi Wan to Leia along with the Tantive IV. Leia either disobeyed her dad or Tantive IV did not have time to undock from Profundity before Raddus made the call for his personal fleet to go to Scarrif. Once Leia has the death star plan she decides to carry out the rest of the mission her dad gave her and head out to find Obi Wan and bring him back to rebel command, that's why Tantive IV was over Tatooine before Vader caught up with her.

stop defending this trash you fucking faggot

I rebel.

The aspect of RO I like the most is it shows how the rebellion was a loose collection of factions and cells (including really shitty operations like Saw's space ISIS) barely holding together before Battle of Scarif, and Scarif was both rebellion's first victory as well as the event that transformed the rebellion into an unified organisation seen in ANH.

Reshot?
There's no official 4k, is the 4k torrent fucky?

This was actually the only Nu-Wars Lucas liked.

The way I heard it, the original plan for Rogue One is for Jyn and Cassian to escape back into space. The rebel fleet still get fucked up and the two of them freeze themselves in carbonite and set the two slabs adrift in space hoping to be picked up in the future. Gareth Edwards thought Disney wouldn't let him kill all the characters because muh family friendly movie.

The shooting didn't actually get that far though, they did some shots on the surface of Scarif that showed this such as the two of them running across the beach, but before they shot the final bits word came back from Disney execs that killing all the characters was fine, so Gareth changed the ending to what it was in the movie.

So there was never really an "original" Rogue One as such.

DUDE I REBEL LMAO

>only the characters where the problem
youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y

>TLJ so bad that the painfully average RO seems good in retrospect
Imagine my shock

Rogue One is the worst star wars film made to date for me. TLJ came close to taking that title, but it had interesting and enjoyable scenes that put it slightly above RO.

The first 2/3 of RO were boring as hell, awful script, terrible dialogue and generally some of the worst acting I've ever seen in a major film. The last 1/3 was a CGI fest with lots of explosions. It turned into Vietnam in space which was mildly entertaining, and that last 1/3 has somehow blinded people to how awful the previous hour+ you had to sit through to get there was. It was not star wars, it was just bad

Weak characters, some good ideas. Not much else I can recall about it.
Should rewatch.

>They literally cannot top this film.
Yikes, we're in for a rough decade then.

100% correct. also my thoughts exactly, disney would be retarded to not all of this.

He's talking about Obi Wan dude, he wants Leia to get the message to Obi wan

Lucas liked Rogue One, faggot.

I don't get the poor reception of rogue one. It's certainly an unremarkable flick, but I found it somewhat enjoyable unlike TFA which was total worthless trash. What do most people not like about R1?

Disney is an incredible company. I never imagined they could have made Last Jedi worse than Rogue One.

Yeap OP, Rogue One is a pretty good star wars movie. It shouldn't be lumped in with trash nu wars.

Source?