What was the point of this (((character)))?

What was the point of this (((character)))?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8QAimXvxPkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

to trigger you. it's a distraction because if she wasn't there you might be shit-talking Porgs and hurting their toy sales with your ridicule.

stronk empowerment

To RUIN STAR WARS AND SHIT ALL OVER MY FUCKING CHILDHOOD WHILE ALSO RETROSPECTIVELY MAKING JURASSIC PARK LESS INTERESTING BECAUE I CAN'T LOOK AT THIS CUNTS FACE ANYMORE.. GODDAMN IT TWIN PEAKS TOO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

triggered (((faggot)))

Well, Carry Fisher died midway through filming so they had to give much of her lines and her role in general to another character so they pulled another resolute older woman who occupies a leading position in the resistance out of their hat to do that.

am I crazy or is there a halo on her head?

Shoulda posted that about MY post you fucking shitdick

>Rey fails to bring Kylo back
>rose stops Finn from saving the resistance
>purple hair commits sudoku when all she had to do was tell Poe about the planet
>Leia flies

Yas queenz!

Oh look, another snowflake MRA autistically screeching about whatever's popular this week.

Join your kin at:

>women getting 99% of the resistance killed

Filling the obnoxious feminist quota.

to btfo all Sup Forumstards to the point that they trigger, providing a media narrative to distract from the generally low quality of the story ("everyone who hates this film are sexist morons")

This

Disney Star Wars. Almost as much fun as a two and a half hour lecture on gender theory delivered by an angry lesbian.

survivorsfemaleisland.jpg

+ femnazi love you
+ social brownie points
+ trigger alt-right kids
Free promotion and movie buzz all around

If Women aren't military heroes in real life and history where else are they going to be? are you Sup Forums tard's going to take away our sci fi fantasies too?

just like the promotional campaign of fembusters but this time it was in the movie itself so you bought a ticket first

>replying to yourself
The current state of butthurt /qa/ faggots.

To kill someone other than Leia and progress the story. She is there so we know the Resistance paid something for their arc, but we have no investment in her so its useless.

honestly i liked the movie because i know white cis males who saw it went home and dumped their interracial g/fs or punched a purple haired tranny on their way home

What kind of goblin do you think uses ((())) unironically and gets this upset over a kids movie?

shouldn't you be asleep? have to take the kids to school in the morning.

Amazing. People are defending this character so hard here.

If you think this character doesn't stick out like a sore thumb your lying to yourself.

found the tumblr whale

>le don't judge a book by it's cover meme

>le even insufferable bitches are good people too

>le I will sacrifice myself to aim a ship at another ship and press 'jump' even though we have literally hundreds of extremely competent robots

>le I am smort military commander even though my deeds are never even explained, and my greatest achievement is literally just ramming a plothole into the enemy fleet

>People
it's just soccer moms trying to win disney tickets

((())) is the GGEZ of internetland, i myself dont believe what it means but goddamn it feels so good to make someone post paragraph long rants just because of a bunch of letters/symbols

To kill off the rebels. Simply put, if she didn't feel the need to exert her "dominance" onto the Captain and told him the plan, he would've remained calm and not send Finn and Mei to get half their remaining crew blown to bits and have her kamikaze/suicide bomb the empire.

If you cut out half the unnecessary shit they did this movie would be 59 minutes long tops. Absolute garbage.

Angering you.

not making a profit for shareholders. mouse ears gonna roll.

>Well, Carry Fisher died midway through filming
She died after filming was already completed.

>No manspreading on the bridge.
Do strong females scare you sweetie?

But, like, that whole plotthread about Leia being injured and Holdo taking over her position seemed like an excuse to give most of her role to another character. They are way too similar for that being a coincidence. Maybe she had some health issues already
?

>implying she had to tell Poe anything

Still waiting for a female black character blowing up another death star in episode 9

She excites my little soypenis

Shes a self-insert for one of the writers.

people on Sup Forums legit do defend her

either they worship the military so much that they cant comprehend bad leaders existing or they hate the military so much that they genuinely think soldiers are just mindless soulless pawns subject to complete control

it doesnt anger me that if she had told poe the plan then he wouldnt have brought the guy who revealed their cloaked ships and kill most of the resistance
it's that poe nevre acknowledges this

I legit have no idea why a man with an ounce of self respect would submit themselves to viewing Disney Wars

Like destroying ALL that was left of the """"""resistance"""""?

>dude they can follow us through lightspeed
>how? do they have a tracker or something??
>btw please tell me your next plan

Holdo and Poe represent two sides of Leia's personality and leadership style that are vying for her place when she's hurt, and in the future when she's replaced. She's both an imperial, aloof princess in exile, who feels no need to explain herself to her subjects, in Holdo, and an impetuous rebel who's too eager to rush into things, as Poe shows. In the film itself, these two approaches are shown from Poe's point of view, so Holdo seems badly out of touch. But as a sophisticated member of the audience you're meant to see both, and the wider criticism of the entire rebellion that this kind of fracturing the moment there's no 'hero' to hold the reigns means.

Plot device for Po.
>Muh feminism!
I'm a feminist. This movie isn't pro-feminism. That's Hollywood fucking with it's demographic.

>Rose Tico
>Exists only to keep Finn on the right track
It's still his arc. It's still Po's arc. Keylo Ren's arc is still far more interesting than Rey's and they proved that by scrapping her back story to being a nobody because they don't know how to write for female characters. If you hate this movie because you think it's SJW garbage then you're as uneducated as people virtue signaling over it. That said, it's still garbage because apparently no one cares to write a coherent story for one of the greatest cultural icons of our time.

this is what (((you))) brought

Makes me think of how Grand Admiral Thrawn calculated approximately where someone would be travelling and had a ship to yank them out of light speed, and a tractor beam so there wasn't any of this space chase shit. Damn those books are gold.

>can't answer simple question
>throws string of insults instead

classy

Astrology.

Why are all the women in this movie always making this pained grimace?

WHY CAN'T Sup Forums STOP BEING TRIGGERED
PLEASE STOP I CAN'T STAND ANYMORE

And doesn't Malak do something like that in KotOR before you visit the 4th planet?

>Holdo
>popular

idk but laura dern has a nice ass

youtu.be/8QAimXvxPkI

So is there any rule 34 of her yet?

Oh, this one's sad enough to be true.

You can judge for youself

Decent point, but why the hair? Why not establish her as a privileged aristicrat?

>She had a quirky personality, often getting distracted, speaking in metaphors with a monotone voice, and being eccentric.

Do people think this is makes for good leadership, or is endearing somehow? Maybe it's cute in an anime or something ...

>a whole sidestory about muh rich are ebul
>teaser at the end imply now any rando can be a jedi (there are lots of force sensitives out there but they cant use it yet because they need to be trained)

>lets make a gown-wearing purple haired hunger games extra as the symbol of the resistance

If you changed absolutely nothing about this character, but made her a man instead, none of you would give a single shit

>quirky eccentric personality
Is this a female version of "intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor"?

Rian Johnson has a boner for plot devices around magic tracking technology. Watch Looper for an example.

He's a hack.

>pink-haired man

I liked Holdo, I dunno why you guys hate her so much, Rose and Finn and Rey and Leia and Luke and Snoke were all way worse in this movie.

Something I don't get is how absolutely none of that was present in her character outside her hair and attire, which is more likely to be attributed to incompetent directorial choices.

Once again, TLJ proves how utterly hollow the story group is. Their ONE job is to keep consistency throughout all Star Wars works to avoid an EU clusterfuck, and they've failed every goddamn time.

>astrology

So pseudo-scientific bullshit is canon now? Lmao.

>getting this upset over a mere echo

I bet you're not even jewish.

Sup Forums is just meming. If they hated Star Wars this much they wouldn't discuss it ever.

>patriotic woman
>in rebellion, or (((#resist-ance)))
Also, films do a shit job of establishing what governing body is in power. Does the First Order have a government's backing, are they themselves an established nation and govenment or a militarized non-state actor? I think they're a non-state actor, but how do they aquire the resources to outgun an established Galactic Republic? How are they able to construct doomsday weapons without intelligence agencies finding out? If they did find out, why did they allow them to complete the Star Killer?
And how did a single bomber flying at low speed manage to evade over a dozen TIE fighters that just gunned down several other bombers for over two minutes while a Chinese woman dramatically sacrificed herself? Why didn't she die when the bomb doors open? Why didn't we have a Halo Reach moment where four or five more ultra-ships lightspeed in to show how desperate and seemingly futile the Resistance's efforts were and put more sting into Poe's decision?
Questions forever unanswered.

> The force

So pseudo-scientific bullshit is canon now? Lmao

Neither they're just retard feminists who this character was designed to appeal to despite its obvious and massive flaws and idiotic actions.

>This movie isn't pro-feminism.
Yeah it is. If you think otherwise you're lying to yourself. Feminism is the only thing this movie's writers have a positive attitude about.

the sad part is that you probably think that's clever

You don't need to be trained. Fuck books, nigga. Established philosophy and training methods are rife with toxic masculinity and problematic patriarchal practices. Your struggles as a woman alone make you strong and independent enough to DYI ;)

(White men need not apply to Jedi Academy)

to me the #r/esistance is a very apt mirror of their real life counterparts

they have been allied with the ones in power(obama) yet they still delude themselves into thinking theyre perpetually a ragtag group of plucky and quirky rebels standing up against the man. completely overling that THEY are "the man"

trump may be the one with the highest seat, but everyone knows which side controls the public discourse. yet they still unironically believe theyre still the ones "fighting back"

I'd think he's an ass for dyeing his hair instead of sharing his strategy with his proven loyal staff.

Maybe the other writers just rolled their eyes at the character brief and just made her a plot robot.

The costuming and make up people are actually passionate about what they do so they put effort into their work rather than coasting by on the bare minimum.

the force is a retarded religious monk jargon for a semi-sentient quantum field underlying the universe.

Distracted and autistic, perfect qualifications for command.

She looks so fucking out of place too. Who decided her design, they need to be fired/executed.

Shut the fuck up, whore. If this character was a man every corner of the universe would be shitting on him including the ones that protect uppity fucking incompetent women at all costs.

She resembles a clitoris. Notice the folds in the hood.

>LE BATTLE HARDENED WAR ADMIRAL DYES HER HAIR PURPLE FACE

But the new Star Wars trilogy isn't a subversion of SJW culture, it's just an attempt at pandering to it gone wrong because of really shitty writers.

BR2049 is more of a subversion of hollyjewness than this is.

>implying kids give a shit about star wars

it's for 30+ year old man children

> woman makes mistake
> lmao all women are idiots
> man makes mistake
> lmao he is an idiot

it was her turn, sweetie.

its the same basic typical male feminist gets caught with his dick out and everyone trying to paint him as not a REEEEAL feminist

When the fuck has Astrology ever come up in Star Wars? Ever? It's so completely out of place

Interdictors are canon. They used them in Rebels season 2

Are you done, whore?

Do you have an argument?

they couldve used astroNOMY and itd make sense, but they had to corner the spiritualist/wiccan tumblrina demographic

Strawmen don't mandate argumentative response.

So no then

Her alternative was shooting him with a blaster set on stun. Clearly not the act of a sane and rational mind.

Didn't you hear, all Jedi are Gemini, like me :)

All Sith are Leo's, like my fuccboi ex >:D