Paranatural post-TCAF wrist exercise

2 LATE 4 ALT TEXT. 2 LATE 4 MAX???? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON PARANATURAL

>HEY I'M BACK! TCAF was super fun! Let's keep this action scene rolling!

I'm completely lost, but let me try to straighten this ACTION SEQUENCE out
Starchman blows his nerf load all over R.J.'s locker
Isabel does absolutely nothing instead of flipping herself onto the roof or something
Starchman zips around like a madman on a single skate while the gang chases him.
Isabel's hand???
Max is about to get nommed by the bat from his first encounter with the Activity Club which is back for reasons???
Isaac and Garcia are practicing their Rasengan and he's got creepy veins popping out of his arm and appears to be pushing Isaac back?

I have no idea what's happening in the last two pages.

Also, hey you know what's a good way to pace a tense action sequence with a bunch of moving parts? A big, three update long hiatus right in the middle of things happening. Really keeps things lively.

Why the fuck do I still read this?

If you aren't happy with it you should either switch to reading archivally and coming back every few months or just fucking off
I've been flipping through the comic again and it's still pretty fun

That's about it. I don't dislike the way this is done, but it's also a condensed of what happened with Zack's writing and pacing for a while now : everything has to happen simultaneously. We're getting four action scenes in one go, as a payoff for all these boring updates, and overall it would be much better if we only got one or two to make it less messy and more focused.

He's trying too hard. None of this is clear or done well. For fuck sake, if he just dropped some of the non-necessary scene and made the action one longer it would be for the best.

Watching paint dry can be fun too.

Because humans like watching wrecks.

I want to fuck Mr GarcĂ­a. Look at those arms, hnnnng.

>Page makes it look like Garcia is the one who's Hijacked

I would bet anything, literally fucking anything on how he's not and it's another fakeout.

He's fast!

I agree completely, this is something new.

He's a werewolf unrelated to Hijack. It's inside of Ms Baxter, cause she's the only one not involved in this scene.

Mr. Starchman is being Mr. Starchman.

Mr. Garcia was doing something shady in the woods in a previous chapter, so while he does seem to have super powers, I don't think he's been hijacked, unless those veins in his arms are supposed to indicate that.

We've yet to see Ms. Baxter, so I think she's the most likely candidate.

God, his visual storytelling is getting so bad...

>no johnny open jacket semi lewds have been produced
How disappointing. There hasn't been a good influx of lewds since Hitball.

I've something of a can to spill out that I've been keeping for a long time (off-topic to this thread, but still PNAT-related):
1. Do we have precedence of cross-grade school clubs on Western cartoons before?
Like, sure, it might do happen in real life but I don't see it much reflected on cartoons where character ensembles seem to be of the same age (e.g Recess) .The closest examples I can think off the top of my head this are sports animes like Haikyuu...

2. Considering that Zack hypes Isaac's age as being of a great deal (C5-P104) - to a point where he has to change some details in the old pages - I'm hoping we get to see more of the 8th and 6th graders. Maybe have spectral shenanigans around those people and we'll see the environment that is going on with them. I feel that it's pretty jarring and wonky that almost all of the middle school kids in the limelight (so far) are 12 except for Isaac, at least we get some variety out of the middle school setting if Zack expands upon this potential. If Zack doesn't do that, that's such a darn waste of a page and it really doesn't make any difference...I just don't like that a particular detail of a character is so emphasised like that just because, that's all I'm saying.

With the 8th graders especially, we'll get to see more of Isaac's point of view even beyond the paranatural like how he behaves around his normie classmates and teachers; then we'll get a better a picture of his supposedly 'hot-trigger' behaviour (I don't buy the bullshit of Isaac's moody character being shaped by animes and age at all). What do you think?

>What do you think?

I think you've put more thought into a single post on a Bangladeshi dart-throwing imageboard than Zack has into his comic and job for the past two years.

Just to emphasize on the "darn waste of a page and it really doesn't make any difference" thing I said:

Here's the page order after P104 is removed. You judge by yourselves if the story flow has changed at all...

What are the chances Zack has wrist issues next update?

Family issues is the next excuse

Dipper?

kek

>YOU'RE THE PREY!

Garcia dicking Isaac when?

...Fuck that's true.

You forgot the very obvious hands on the bottom left, most likely P.J is going to push Max to safety.

And yet it's so poorly conveyed that at first it looks like part of Isaac's attack that Garcia is blocking even though it makes no fucking sense.

>Check Zack's Twitter
>People praising the panel layout

oh my god that hand looks so badly drawn.

The thought of all the actions being connected is neat, but it's poorly executed.

I think it would've been better if Zack put detail into backgrounds, so the transitions would come across more clearly.

I don't even remember what was happening.

He started a frantic action sequence where we barely know why the character are doing doing what they are and also that rapidly shifts between four scenes, and then he took a two week break in the middle of it? Jesus Christ.

Here's the thing, though.

I know you think it's cool to bitch about people not giving you content for free but you have to remember that they work hard to providAAAAGH

Sorry guys, I'll finish this post next month! Thanks for your patience.

Here's the thing: you have many different webcomics and artists that update either daily (DoA, HQ, etc.), three times (BCB, Gunnerkrig Court etc.), or twice a week (poppy, A ghost story etc.) and yet not one of them seem to complain about busted wrists or taking so many mini-hiatus'. Is Zack just doing something wrong that puts a terrible strain on his wrists or what?

For a web comic that has a real pacing problem, this is the once instance where making this scene like 2 pages would have benefited from it. Instead of cramming four different action scenes into one.

Remember when this comic was good? It was like a 9 out of 10 at least. Now it's dogshit. This is tumblr's fault.

That's what happenes when you pander too much to one group and also shut out others (like Sup Forums).

>Used to think Paranatural was going to be the next Bleach, but actually stay good
>Now it's got the same pacing issues and lack of backgrounds Bleach had

At least Zack hasn't actually added in loads of characters that all have to get their little fights with other characters we don't really give a shit about. Fuck the quincy, arrancar and fuck the g13 captains.

Corrupting seductress.

>loads of characters that all have to get their little fights

He's done half of that, give him time.

>Skipped tcaf because the updated website was a mess to look up exhibitors this year.

Ah well.

>At least Zack hasn't actually added in loads of characters that all have to get their little fights with other characters we don't really give a shit about.
Just substitute "fights" with "dates".