Wimpy Kid thread

Wimpy Kid thread

>they changed a ton of stuff
>no Wimpy Kid main theme
>shooting itself in the foot by being hip and cool instead of making the film timeless like in the original trilogy, dating the film in the process
>no day to day life of a kid vignettes which made these books awesome to begin with and made the original trilogy kid kino
>improved animated sequences
>Rowley (aka best character) relegated to the first 15 minutes and a mid credits stinger (sidelining a fan favorite character is never a good sign), it almost makes you feel sorry for the new kid playing the role
>surprisingly focused for a Wimpy Kid movie
>the new actor playing Greg was a actually likable yet awful and yet you don't want to punch this kid in the face like in the original trilogy, major upgrade
>the new actor playing Rodrick went veered full retard in this one and wasn't a mix of likable, dickish and full retard like the original was, those NotMyRodrick posters weren't completely wrong with this one. Major downgrade.
>the parents were fine
>Manny was adorable at points
>A new character sorta satirizes let's players/twitch streamers, They didn't have to make the character look like Boogie2988 cosplaying as Markiplier, hairstyle and all
>the clever jokes and the heart from the original trilogy is still there though
>went full overkill on the gross out humor

Not as awful as everyone says it was going to be due to the recasting and it was charming for the most part, and for the love of God, bring Rowley along for the ride in the inevitable sequel if the next movie they're going to adapt is the upcoming Getaway book, considering most of these movies deviate from the source material, it wouldn't hurt to bring him in in the process

I hope one day Manny gets his comeuppance

Cabin Fever was the last straw for him

Like the new Greg, they actually made Manny adorable and likable in the new movie, the only thing that made him an annoying little shit when he's crying, which is understandable since he's only 3.

>wimpy

This is hate speech and I will not stand for it, Jeff Kinney must be brought to justice! SOCIAL justice!

He's only 3

lolwat
why is rodrick an soccer mom?

People called him either Edna Mode, Tricia Takanawa or Lord Farquaad

I never read past Cabin Fever, are the rest worth it?

The last few are, had to read Long Haul again for the new movie

Did the original actors make a cameo in the new movie?

What did he do in Cabin Fever anyway? I forgot.

Can't be as bad as what Greg did with Rowley and the time capsule

Turned off the power to every room but his for several days

That little shit is going to grow up to be Jack Torrance or some shit like that.

I stopped reading these books at dog days, I had no idea that they continued until the new movie came out. Imagine my surprise when I find out there are fucking 12

Try watching the movies

I want this fucking meme to die.

Also, that's pretty damn smart for a 3 year old

This was a comic book or a cartoon?
No a few segments in a movie don't count fucko

Part comic book part novel.

Kinda like a LN but with 90% mostly illustrations

>Kinda like a LN
I'm hoping for an animated adaption.

The Long Haul movie was originally gonna be a fully animated in the style of the comics, which if you seen the movie had completely improved on the animation during those scenes, would be awesome.

Also Cabin Fever was gonna be some sort of animated holiday special also in the style of the books, but that didn't go anywhere

Lemme guess, the toon version didn't happen because MUH TEST AUDIENCES or some shit like that happened.

I think its mostly a case that execs thinking that kids cannot handle a 2D animated film that's mostly black and white.

Which I highly doubt because kids (the target demographic) will eat that shit up because it's faithful to the books.

>Rowley
>God tier
As much as I agree with you, the movie gimped his screen time so much that I don't even have an opinion on him yet.
>Alicia Silverstone
>Top tier
You do realize that everything that happened in the movie was pretty much all her fault, right?
>bring Rowley along for the ride in the inevitable sequel if the next movie they're going to adapt is the upcoming Getaway book
I really hope they do that, but considering the new book isn't even out yet, it's too early to tell.

Wait I never read Double Down what's it about

Greg and Rowley trying to make a monster movie.

is this even Sup Forums?

See

god you kids need to leave

From the limited amount of screen time the new kid had, he got Rowley down to a T, but he didn't get enough time to make his own interpretation of the character.

>tfw no based Steve Zahn as the dad

Honestly, DoaWK just doesn't work outside of Greg's limited perspective anyway. One of the best parts is the ambiguity of what actually happens vs. what Greg's selfish mind interprets. That ambiguity is lost in a screen adaptation.

He was the 2nd worst part of the recast

I actually know the kid playing Rowley in real life. I'm happy for him.

The first or second actor?

Why is nuRodrick asian when the rest of the family is white?

Second one

I think it's mostly bone structure

I think Cabin Fever was originally going to happen in a 2D holiday special, but it never materialized.

bump

I's it in comic form?

Doesn't excuse the shit he gets away with.