/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

Link the New Thread Before the Old One Archives You Dumbasses Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Star Wars #31: Screaming Citadel #2 (May 17th)
Poe Dameron #15 (May 17th)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
starwars.com/news/cassian-meets-k-2so-in-rogue-one-prequel-comic-exclusive
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/677919736873684992
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/817046827488813057
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/812065768229597184
youtube.com/watch?v=9xMsBIlvTEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are those /swco/?

Young Han Solo spin-off filming

What the fuck is this shit

possibly Nebulon K's which were mentioned in one of the ST era books. might not be though, could be something else

Sweet, I made that image. Still need to make one of Grievous with *autistic grieving*.

A badly designed DS ripoff.

if people can buy this idiot as Han Solo they'll buy a recast Leia

>what is speed of light
>what is interstellar distance

Is this image accurate?

Just watch all of it.

Is it really worth random filler?

The exact moment every single Star Wars fan on the planet realized JJ fucked up.

its not random filler you mong, almost every single scene in every single episode has future relevance or references past lore while also being entertaining for its own sake, and this includes Rebels as well

Yeah. A lot of the "filler" excluded in that guide is actually important and not filler at all.

For example, the Onderon arc, which is not only the backstory of the very first Rebel Cell in the Rebel Alliance (Yep, George had the idea that the Rebel Alliance actually started to sprout before the Clone Wars had even ended. It's pretty neat) but also the backstory of Saw Gerrera, one of the first Live-Action characters to originate outside of the movies.

Star Wars is full of "filler". Even the movies. Chewie fixing C3PO is "filler".

If you like Star Wars, you should have no problem enjoying the entire show, even through its slower or lighter stories.

I never got this filler thing. But no, most of it has some sort of relevance. It starts a bit slow though in S1. Picks up fairly quickly though.

The only thing you could really do is watching it in chronological order, but that only affects three or four episodes IIRC.

No. You should watch every single episode, otherwise there is no point.
Especially Season 6, which for some reason isn't in the pic.

Watch everything, in chronological order:

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Filler is an anime thing.

Essentially, Manga often doesn't release the way Western comics do. They can be infrequent, or go on long haituses.

Sometimes an anime will be made adapting a manga that gets so popular, it actually catches up to the source material.

In this case, its common for the anime to start creating filler, which are completely meaningless stories that affect literally nothing. It's just padding to keep interest in the series, and keep the money flowing. These episodes are often completely ignored once the anime returns to adapting the manga again.

So it's completely an anime/Eastern thing. However the term is often incorrectly applied to slower western cartoons too. You often see people bitching about "this episode was just filler!" if nothing explicitly important happens.

In regards to Star Wars, Filoni has talked about Rebels, and being accused of having too much filler. He says that while he has admittedly had a few slower and more self-contained stories, literally every single episode has something important and relevant to the future of the show, or the franchise, so none of it is filler.

This is from an upcoming parody of ROTJ on Bongland TV. I'd rather have seen pic related at the end of Rogue One than the abomination we were dealt with t-b-h

maybe for a young character but they couldn't recast old

I hate the term "Han Solo Movie"

I wish we had a damn title already. No idea why they didn't announce it at Celebration. Do they somehow not have a final title yet?!

And it better not just be called "Han Solo" either...

>And it better not just be called "Han Solo" either
I fear that is exactly how it's gonna go.

"Old Carrie Fisher" isn't exactly an uncommon face or voice that can't be easily duplicated by lookalikes.

It's gonna be "Solo: A Star Wars Story"
Screencap this

Trips confirm
Although I think it's gonna be:
Solo: A Han Solo Solo Movie

It's going to be "Kessel Run: A Han Solo Story"

Trips of truth, screencap'd

>Luke, did I ever tell you about your grandmother? We left her behind on Tattoine while your father got to run off and go on cool adventures and learn wizard powers and got a cool sword and she got to rot in the desert until a jewish steriotype sold her to a fat cripple and then some tuskens kidnapped her and ran a train on her for 5 months straight until she died. She was a good friend.

I can't see his face without hearing Bushes of Love.

RIP in pepperoni Shmi

>HURR HE DOESNT LOOK LIKE HAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how isn't that a valid complain ?
You can't just take some random guy, stick "Han Solo" on his face, and expect people to believe it's him, especially with such an iconic character.

I mean, its a big deal. Star Wars turns its characters into icons.

>George said they wouldn't recast Luke, even if Hamill didn't want to reprise the role
>Leia and Tarkin were CGI'd
>Every peice of media, from comics and cartoons, to novel covers, attempt to capture the likeness of the actors, stylization aside

Alec and Ewan are one thing, the actors were separated by 30-20 years of aging.

But having two very different-looking actors playing Han at seemingly similar ages is very new to this franchise, and its offputting. Han Solo, in every piece of media ever, has looked like Harrison Ford. Until now.

>It's the young Han Solo bro, this pushing 30 "kid" will grow up into the 30 something scoundrel we know and love

Really they should've used "young Han Solo" for Rebel's successor, make him 19 like how Luke started then they'd only have to worry about a voice and not a face.

>two very different-looking actors playing Han

Ehrenreich has a decent resemblance to Ford.

He's a better actor than fucking Scott Eastwood or Harry Styles for that matter.

Ehrenreich should've been Kylo Ren, Driver should've been young Han.

If I cross my eyes and squint real hard like a retard, Ehrehrerenchritchitshshs sorta kinda maybe passes as Solo

bruh im sorry disney didn't genetically engineer a clone of harrison ford to star in the movie for you

You don't have to apologize, it's not your fault

>CAPTAIN FORDO NEVER MADE IT INTO CANON

Not too late. And to be honest, there's a dozen cooler Clones than him now, so whatever..

t. someone with a Fordo action figure on my shelf still

I don't see it.

>cooler clones then fordo
I think not

I see some guy who didn't get the part.

Like half of this image is cooler than Fordo. Cooler designs, names, action scenes, everything.

Fordo just has that one scene where he kills like 8 droids in a row which made my dick hard in 2004, but that pales in comparison to some of the stuff in TCW

am i obligated to becoming a marvel fanboy if i hate capeshit but like star wars comics?

Yes

No, I hate marvel capeshit, but I still enjoy the Star Wars comics

Nope, not if you just stick to Legends
You'll miss some good stuff, but there's enough good Legends comics to satisfy tou

>not fordo operating innacity taking out a siege tower
>Not fordo operating onnacourucant BTFOing horades of droids with his DC-15

>ywn play Imperial Commando

Life is unfair

Even just more Republic stuff would be grand.

The game was tedious in places but man was it fun.

>sev

Poor fuck that may or may not have become a Rebel Commando in the sequel.

At least Sev was never left behind, r-right?

Not in nu!canon, no.

Please Didney, don't leave him behind ;_;

JJ didn't make the film. Kathleen Kennedy did, she is responsible for every aspect of it. please leave innocent JJ alone

Shut up JJ

>mfw there are "people" who actually unironically believe this

well kathleen kennedy is still a problem still just as big as everyone else working on the new movies.
except for mark hamill of course the only person who seems to care about anything.

Looks like we'll be getting that Rogue One one-shot that was canceled.

starwars.com/news/cassian-meets-k-2so-in-rogue-one-prequel-comic-exclusive

>In Rogue One, we saw how Cassian Andor and K-2SO became legends of the Rebellion — and how their story ended. Now, we’ll finally learn how it all began.

>StarWars.com is excited to announce Star Wars: Rogue One — Cassian & K-2SO Special #1, coming in August from Marvel. Written by Duane Swierczynski with art by Fernando Blanco, the 40-page one-shot will reveal how Cassian, one of the top intelligence officers of the Rebel Alliance, met K-2SO, a reprogrammed Imperial security droid. Check out the cover below by Julian Totino Tedesco, which finds the duo back-to-back, ready for battle.

Might be cool

Thank god it's a one-shot. We don't need Poe Dameron: The Filler Comic 2.0

Neat.

>Marvel artists STILL cannot draw X-wings with any consistency or accuracy whatsoever

This triggers my autism.

seriously how hard can it be to use accurate source materials? The X-wings on this cover look like they were traced from a fucking lego set.

>Han Solo, in every piece of media ever, has looked like Harrison Ford. Until now.
He will look like Harrison Ford, don't worry. Finding an actor was just half the job, next they'll put make-up and CGI on him until he does look like Ford.

Of course not. You don't have to buy or pay attention to their other products if you're just interested in Marvel's Star Wars comics and only Star Wars comics.

Nice!

How many bucks on a Rebels cameo at the Yavin base?

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/677919736873684992

>What they're seeing is some weird hand-wavy hyperspace rip. Side-effect of the Starkiller.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/817046827488813057

>Well, the Starkiller is pretty hard to buy, even for SW.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/812065768229597184

>"Slower! Less intense!" FWIW, I do not mourn the Starkiller one bit.

>When you're space indiana jones but female just right

This is the story of how Jew-Jew screwed LFL in a nutshell. Death to all kikes!

Even based Pablo isn't very happy with this shit.

>Stormtroopers aren't conscripted, aren't forced, aren't brainwashed, aren't programmed from an early age to believe..

is this true?

youtube.com/watch?v=9xMsBIlvTEE

at around 1:10

variant cover for the new Mace Windu comic

For the Galactic Empire? Yeah, Stormtroopers are somewhere between a regular army and an armed police force. Hell in Twilight Company there are chapters following a Stormtrooper who uses her wages to buy supplies for her struggling neighbours

And then you have Rebels where evil Stormtroopers bully innocent locals just for the lulz.

>conscripted
>forced
>brainwashed
We've never had any reason not to believe that they weren't.

>aren't programmed from an early age to believe..
THAT is true. Something like that would be too expensive. It's one of the reasons why they shut down clone production. Training recruits and conscripts is much faster and exceedingly cheaper than producing a Clone Trooper from birth to active duty.

I suspect the guy fucked up and just made an assumption.

Turns out fascist states attract power hungry dick heads who want to inflict pain on other people.
There's a few if you look about, like the example from Twilight Company I mentioned. Not to say the Empire HASN'T ever conscripted or Shanghaied people into its armed forces before, but there's evidence to suggest that is far from the norm. Most people just join up because 3 square meals a day and a decent wage is a good trade for wearing that armour all day.

Hiro what the fuck are you doing.

Should have gotten Jamie Costa

>I wish we had a damn title already
Star Wars: Shoot First. Shoot Enough.

>Kreia is removed from the force
"WHOA DUDE THAT'S FUCKING DEEP, 10/10 CHARACTER"
>Yuuzhan Vong are removed from the force
"HURR DUMB FANFICTION POWERLEVELS GOD BLESS DISNEY"

This game was repetitive boring shit

Giving clones character is gay and an oxymoron

get off the itnernet, jamie

you missed your chance

Did you have a stroke there user?

>MUH SEV ;_;

Fuck off retard

Kreia was well written. The Vong weren't dumbass

I care for neither, so I don't miss anything.

How would you feel about Star Wars audio dramas?

Good if its about giving clones character

Depends, who by, who with, what about etc?
In theory it sounds fun, like a more in depth version of the audiobooks. Big Finish would do a great job of it

>Giving clones character is gay and an oxymoron
*teleports behind you*
*tips fedora*
*clinks glass of blue milk against yours*

>Big Finish would do a great job of it
Yes, yes, a million times yes!

>oxymoron
Wait, could this mean that the user (who thinks that real soldiers don't feel any emotion and that emotion portrayed on soldiers is unrealistic) is back?

Hey man i love them both.

>liking either of those trash examples
user pls.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, wasn't what happened to Kreia less "remove you from the Force" and more "fucked your brain up so badly you will likely never gain access to the Force again in your own lifetime"?
Because one of these is a lot more interesting than the other

Which elements of the old EU, which are likely (or at least not impossible) to be adopted into the new canon, you want to stay dead?