Don't mind me, just being objectively the best...

Don't mind me, just being objectively the best, most effective DC comics villain and the only one outside of Lex that doesn't constantly job to his hero counterpart

Also, a pretty solid example (maybe even the best example) of a villain completely outshining his hero

>Sole life goal is to kill Aquaman
>Never killed Aquaman
>Most effective

Manta should cut the "I'm going to destroy everything you love before killing you" shit, this is already starting to become one of those dumb Batman/Joker "I can't kill you because I would have nothing to live for then" things.

I dont know anything about black manta, why does he have a giant hate boner for aquaman?

Fuck yeah Black Manta. Shame they'll never do him in the movies.

superior version

In some versions because he was kidnapped and held as a sex slaves by pirates, saw Aquaman frolicking with dolphins, screamed for help but Aquaman didn't listen.

In the current version, Aquaman killed his criminal dad.

In the best versions, it doesn't matter at all.

>Shame they'll never do him in the movies.
Mein user...

I don't want to know.

>In the best versions, it doesn't matter at all.
This is indeed the best version. Attempting to explain it only cheapens it.

MINORITIES CANNOT BE EVIL REEEEEE

>don' ruin my pure husbando, Hollywood Jews!
Fucking casuals.

>Fucking casuals
I'm a casual because I don't want to watch a movie that's obviously going to be shitty?

His sole life goal is to make Aquaman's life a living hell, not necessarily to kill him, although it isn't for a lack of trying. He definitely has tried to kill Aquaman.

>Aquaman created his own little "Justice League of the seas" just to go fuck Manta up and he isolates, taunts and kills every single one of them one by one

It was from that day on I knew Manta was /ourguy/

Fuck Aquaman

Well, can't go on Sup Forums until after the show airs.

Black Manta has already been cast and confirmed as the end game villain of the Aquaman solo movie

I thought they were using Ocean Master? Who'd they cast?

This guy. He was in The Get Down and The Rock's Baywatch.

You speak like a casual who thinks the MCU is a masterwork, so yes.

>a Muslim playing the bad guy
MORE REEEEEEEEE

I didn't mention the MCU even once you companywar faggot. Go back to Sup Forums, shoo, shoo!

I am okay with this.

Calm down, kid. I was comparing you to those losers. Or wasn't I? Ah, who cares

What the fuck is Manta's problem anyway? The ocean is a big place. Why does he have to spend his time just being a dick to one guy?

Nobody really knows, but maybe thats the point

How does someone wrestle a guy that is a few hundred times stronger than themselves while underwater....and the guy they are wrestling can breathe water.

That crack in the glass alone should pretty much end Manta.

This is a more mismatched scenario than Captain Cold trying to fight Flash.

Manta's suit is supposed to be some high-tech stuff.

in the silver age he just plain hated the sea, in the 80's he was kidnapped by pirates when he was 11-12 and got anally raped until he was fucking nuts and wanted to kill Aquaman.

Current Manta is just an autistic weirdo that focused everything he has on a guy he heard about on the news one day Mark David Chapman/John Hinckley Jr style.

Didn't the character go through the entire silver age without DC even attempting to give him a back story, real name, or any type of an origin? For 20-30 years he was just that evil robot guy that attacked Aquaman on occasion.

Lex Luthor is just a really smart guy trying to take down a superpowerful alien
Joker is just a crazy guy trying to take down a super rich, super smart, super fighty dude
Manta is just a really angry guy trying to take down a super powerful fishman king

That's what makes comics fun.

But do we ever see Lex actually rip off his shirt and wrestle with Suyperman in mid air?

Does Mirror Master try to foot race Flash?

Manta trying to throw down with Aquaman redneck style while underwater is just really stupid.

To paraphrase what Geoff Johns said about Manta, he's basically a villain version of Batman. They both are mentally unstable genius martial arts experts in peak human condition. Like Batman, Manta can asspull a device, strategy, or gadget that allows him to compete with metahumans

Hey look a casualfag that only reads wikis and not comics

>Aquaman created his own little "Justice League of the seas" just to go fuck Manta up and he isolates, taunts and kills every single one of them one by one

What do i need to read for this?

I'm not 100% sure because I only read the introduction of this team, but I think he's talking about The Others from The New 52.

>fucking casuals

>This is a more mismatched scenario than Captain Cold trying to fight Flash.

Isn't Aquaman one of the heroes that will kill? Why hasn't he killed Manta?

Because he's not good enough

I think the issue with the wikis are how they actually do present the facts right there in front of you without the context.

On paper, you see the Flash, who is likely one of the most powerful beings present on DC Earth. And Cold, who is a normal base human with a gun that shoots cold. He otherwise has perfectly normal human speed, perception and reaction times.

And then the Flash page will present scene like Flash saving everyone within a city from a nuclear blast one at a time while the explosion is still erupting.

Both of these together can make the modern casual just stop and say
>Wait...no, no this is not possible...how the fuck....

He has tried before, but Manta keeps Batmanning out of it.

So autism is a legitimate superpower in DC?

Sort of how average intelligence and decision making is one in Marvel?

Goddammit, black pussy manta

>thinks character's quality is dependent on how often they win

Sorry, this board is for posters 18 and older. Underage Batgod fans have to shitpost elsewhere.

At the same time, wouldn't that mean Batman villains are the bottom of the barrel villain-wise since they always lose. Sometimes 2-3 times a year.

Superman villains still get to rule planets, Flash villains typically get away to go trade stories at their little clubhouse.

Because autism. I refuse to believe he was just pretending to be autistic to fuck with him. He is in deep denial

He is just an asshole.

So is killing Aqua-Son Manta's version of "Pym-slap?"

How does he get his wonderful toys? I imagine having a private war with the king of Atlantis does cost a lot of money and how does he get his henchmen?
Black Manta reminds me of an more intimidating Monarch. Was Manta one of his inspirations?

Goddamn. Be nice, user.

Except Manta is quite proud of it and keeps reminding Aquaman of it ALL the time.

To bad it hasn't been canon since Flashpoint

I swear to god if he's really in the character pack DLC and it's not just a red herring silohuette and he has a "how's the wife and kid" line for Supes, I'm maining him 'til the end of time

Do you know if he's any good, acting wise?

excuse me?

will these two ever team up

I'd imagine there's a lot of dosh sunken under the sea, not to mention dosh getting traded on the sea. Combine that with raids on Atlantis and I bet Manta can easily fund his toys and men.

He's like the Monarch in that their basic archetype is classic comic villain. A fundamentally bad man who has a theme, a heroic enemy they furiously despise, and a bunch of mooks and weapons to help them do their shit.

Most comic villains started out like that, Joker and Luthor included. They just became something different over time, while the form was perfected in Manta.

Black Manta is the penultimate Aquaman hater the kind who say "oh he only talks to fish lol XD"

No. Manta was original a black separatist that wanted to create an underwater nation for blacks (this is carried over in YJ which the racial makeup of his crew and the decorations on his ship).

>Tfw Black Manta shitposts about Aquaman
Is there no end to his hatred?

Black Manta is a character like Captain Nemo/Captain Ahab. A warlord leading his own nation of murderes under the sea.
There are a lot of minerals and other rescources under the sea that he holds a monopoly and otherwise he is an efficienct mercenary.

He's a pirate

>tfw no Earth 32 comic detailing the exploits of Reverse-Manta

> It was me, Arthur.

This meme needs to fuck off forever.

I love this guy.

>Manta trying to throw down with Aquaman redneck style while underwater is just fucking Awesome
Ftfy

>In some versions because he was kidnapped and held as a sex slaves by pirates, saw Aquaman frolicking with dolphins, screamed for help but Aquaman didn't listen.

so he is just butthurt?

I suppose so.

Luthor and Manta would make an interesting team-up. They have the somewhat the same goal: conquering an empire and destroying their enemy, they have different ways to achieve their aspiration. Luthor chose to gain power via social, financial and political manner while Manta chose the direct way by brute force.

No wonder why they work so well together in a Legion of Doom situation.

Doesn't have a point? Does Black Manta have superhuman strength or something? What's stopping Aquaman from knocking him to the next town with a punch? Can a cop run over Black Manta with a car?

Manta's suit gives him super strength

Why doesn't Aquaman just rape black manta?

It is really should be "REEEEEEEEEEE!"

As long as he stands above a news conference and screams with magnificent gloating and hate, "How's the wife and kid!?" I'll be happy.

His suit, made of promethium, can adjust itself to any deep-sea pressure, giving Manta the strength necessary to take on Aquaman.

Sorry, but Aquaman cured Manta's (possibly/probably fake) autism.

Damaged goods.

Of course, because lex is fighting a guy so many levels above.

Bargain bin villains for bargain bin heroes.
"Muh brutality, muh vindictive" boooring, what am I, six years old?

the real question is, will he be good in injustice 2?

Autism rage (whether he's bluffing or not)

>Lex became a more developed villain given considering the thematic possibilities of what is essentially a mortal up against a god
>Joker became a target of writers to flesh out and experiment with given what he has stood for throughout his inception
>Sinestro gained more sympathetic and reasonable qualities in recent years
>Captain Cold evolved into a blue collared criminal with a sense of moral honor who treats his rogues like family
>Cheetah's been reinvented so many damn times and has recently been trying to be given the sympathetic route
>Black Manta hasn't changed at all since his creation and is still a asshole for the sake of being asshole
And that's why we love him

That was him just trying to convince everyone that Arthur is a racist.

Screw that, where's my Thawne/Manta teamup?

It's such a breath of fresh air. I'm still annoyed Johns couldn't help himself and made Sinestro reasonable for a while.

>dem big ol' eyes as he's about to be chomped
Damn I almost feel bad.

>Pulls the race card like it's the fucking Pot of Greed
I guess Manta really is the best villain

Is there a worse case of a hero jobbing to a lightweight villain than Aquaman/Manta?
Firestorm/Slipknot?
Superman/Toyman?

Manta torments a super-strong race of people that could simply tear off his helmet and let the "atmosphere" kill him.
Someone could just bash his skull in with a medium-sized rock.

Jezus rice.

Flash/Golden Glider?

It's pretty bad when your arch-nemesis could have his ass savagely beaten by Damien.

What are some good Aquaman comics. So far I only read some of the new 52 ones so far and really enjoyed them. Should I just keep readin them or are there better ones?

Effective no, but easily one of the best.

Effective goes to Antimoniter.

Abnett basically did just that in one of the recent arcs.

No, you're 12 and trying to get attention, got mine, good job.

Has Flash ever beaten Cold by just strapping one some Ice Skates and giving chase?

I mean in the Silver Age, before all the power creep and freezing the ground was Lenny's main way of keeping Barry off his tail.

Not that I can think of. Cold did laugh in the Silver Age about how many times Barry fell for the ol' ice patch in front of him schtick.

speedforce doesn't work on ice skates, idiot

physics, much?

Classic Golden Glider used a lot of tech, just like the other Rogues. Before Crisis her biggest strength was that she was vicious and reckless as hell, because she didn't care much about her own safety. She was willing to die when Barry tried to bluff about killing her.

After Crisis, her biggest strength was that she was even more overtly nuts and liked to slash people with her skates. She was still pretty vicious.