What are your expectations for tomorrow's finale? How do you think it will end?

What are your expectations for tomorrow's finale? How do you think it will end?

My prediction:

>Jack is tied up and tortured by Aku for giggles
>Scotsman's army shows up and distracts Aku
>Ashi overcomes her blackness because boners always overpower evil
>She creates a time portal with Aku magic
>Jack distracts Aku while she goes through it
>Ashi kills Aku in the past after Jack is sent forward in time
>Ashi is the ultimate hero, aren't we progressive and forward thinking?

What I'd LOVE to see happen but never will:
>All that shit, except she overshoots the time travel
>Ends up arriving just in time to give the magic sword to jack's father, who seals Aku in the tree the first time
>Becomes Jack's mother
>The cycle of time-travel and incestuous boners is complete

>unironically thinking that Jack will go back to the past
holy shit you guys are literally blind, are we even watching the same show?

Sup Forums throws a shitfit no matter what happens.

It would be a cop-out if they ended with him not getting back to the past.

Not to mention the endless fan-rage from the reason for not going back to the past being a cheap romance story.

Shittily

They don't have that much time for a very long fight between Jack and Aku with all the secondary character and yet to resolve plotlines. This is not necessarily a bad thing; Jack's fight with the Guardian was 6 minutes long. I believe Genndy will have put all his talent into this final fight sequence. Not only will it be intense and well animated, but it will be artistically incredible as well. I expect a lot of interesting camera angles and playing with coloring and such.

After how much they've hammered in that there are no time portals left, going back to the past thanks to some last hour portal showing up at the very end would be an actual cop-out.

At ep 1, I'd have told you it would be fantastic and amazing and everything we hoped for for the last decade. As of ep 9, I understand the finale will be horrifically disappointing and that we'd have been better off not having a new season.

The entire theme of the show is going back to the past. Its even still in the end credits.

The show will never be finished until he goes back

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Going back to the past is metaphorical.

>he actually believes cynicism makes him clever

The theme of the show is a samurai in the future, "going back to the past" was just a goal to glue the episodes together and give Jack some purpose.

I'm sure it'll cause a clusterfuck either way

To be continued...

HOUR

LONG

SERIES

FINALE

I think it will be good and surprise us

I have my expectations set very low

I am honestly expecting it to be rushed garbage

I'm going in with no expectations.

The only thing that will make me legitimately mad is if Jack dies to save Ashi and/or Ashi is the one who kills Aku.

I expect the pacing to be fucked, half an episode of nothing, than a rushed ending in five minutes

You mean like the second part where the Scotsman saved Jack halfway through, and the rest of it was a contest to see who's rowing the boat?

Will it be the best episode of the season?

Will it ever crack the top-3, which were the first 3 episodes?

Betting it right now Ashi will kill Aku and keep Jack from going back to the past if some opportunity to do so comes up

>Ashi dies
>Jack goes back a day or two in the past to save her, pretty much causing his people to suffer the wrath of Aku in the past

>Aku dies screaming
>Ashi is saved with love
>Ashi uses her rapidly-dwindling Aku powers to open a portal for Jack
>Jack can't bring himself to leave her
>She embraces him
>And shoves him in
>Jack slays Aku in the past
>returns home to his family
>finds this isn't his home
>begs his father permission to leave
>he understands
>Jack wanders the earth looking for a way back to the future
>Last shot is a grizzled Old King Jack at the Guardian's Island
>"It's about time, Samurai Jack. Ready to go back?"

Not watching it.

see you tomorrow

>Genndy leaves on another cliff hanger for lulz.

After the last 2 and a 1/2 episodes. I can say, I have literally shit expectations. The season literally fell off a cliff in terms of writing and quality the moment Jack "earned" his sword back...

>Jack kills Aku
>Aku takes full control of Ashi last minute
>Aku tears open another portal and sends jack futher into the future
>Jack must now face against Ashi's rule over the future

What will Aku's final words be?

I'm betting my left nut that's gonna be Aku's reaction to some ghostly bagpipes.

FOOOOOOOOOLISH SAMURRRAAAAAIIII

I like

I feel that the final scene will be a headless Scaramouche doing something comical

I just imagine a scene similar to the end of Monsters Inc where Sully came back to see Boo one final time after Mike remade her door. Sully went through the door and all you heard was Boo say, "Kitty?" before Sully smiled and the film ended.

If something similar happened with Jack going back to the future for Ashi, that'd be sweet.

Didn't Genndy say that the ending is gonna be bittersweet?

Remember that Scaramouche asked how Aku can hear things in the last episode. I think that was some foreshadowing

He did not. He said he wants it to leave us feeling love, that it was emotional for him, and that people might be bawling.

>If something similar happened with Jack going back to the future for Ashi, that'd be sweet.

>middle-aged Ashi running an orphanage
>sternly admonishing kids for bullying one another, then sending them off to play
>looks to the camera
>smiles
>"Jack."

Best possible ending:
>Jack goes back to the past; whether Ashi goes with him or dies during the final battle doesn't matter
I-accept-it ending:
>Jack can't go back to the past, Ashi dies, downer ending but Aku is destroyed in the future
Worst case ending:
>waifufag ending where Jack can't go back to the past and he and Ashi hook up together in the future

And right now I'm expecting the worst. Genndy seems like a waifufag.

I DID NOTHING WRONG AHHHAHAHAHA

Whatever happens, I expect there to be a credits fake-out.

>>Ashi is the ultimate hero, aren't we progressive and forward thinking?

If you think Genndy is doing this to be progressive and not because he's writing Ashi as an insert for his wife then you are retarded. Not waifu by the way, his literal wife. He used to dream about being a samurai and saving a girl and they get married and fuck. And now he's married. Jack = Genndy and Ashi = his Wife. It's how he sees his wife.

>at we'd have been better off not having a new season.

They just needed more than 10 episodes.
It would solve almost every flaw with pacing.

This.

Jacks past his his memories of his family.

Jack's future is finding family.

He knows he can't go back to the past, but in a way starting a family will be going back to what Jack wanted.

Why is everyone dumb as a bag of bricks here.

The latter half of this season being wishy washy might have just been Genndy focusing most energy on both the introductory episodes (1-3) and the finale. He's beating us down so the finale will break our expectations right the fuck in two and give us an ending none of use really accounted for, with a resolution no one thought they wanted but end up with a bitter but very real sense of satisfaction and closure.

Of course it's stupid to assume that'll be the case. If it is, though, I'll be happy.

It'll be rushed as fuck, sadly.

If that's true it's actually kind of sweet.

I think you're overthinking it.

it won't actually reach a conclusion and we'll have to wait another ten years

Why do people hate the idea of Jack going back to the past? Even if it doesn't happen, do you actually want Jack to end up stuck in the future? People defend not going back to the past as vehemently as they do Jashi for some reason.

It's not that it's something they want for the characters, it just makes narrative sense. This season has made it very clear that striving to hold onto the past has been a mistake for Jack.

Having Just watched it. I can say that its nothing that I expected or could predict, but in a bad way.

I don't hate it, but from the interviews, context, hints and themes it does seem really unlikely that he will get back to the past. But as long as Jack is happy or satisfied in the end both scenarios work for me.

I agree with you in regards to the narrative of season 5, but it's not just superfluous shit like his memories that are at stake, there are real consequences for Jack not going back to the past in the form of countless deaths of innocents. I don't see the point in showing us the dead people in episode 1 if that's never resolved.

>Jack lost his hope,
>Gets pumped up by pals
>Scotsman spectrally anusfucks him and makes him get over ash-e
>Gets the sword back but aku escapes the last second
>Cut to black
>See you in season 7
Put me in the screencap boyos.

You can't actually change the past.

That's a cool platitude but physically he can (or at least physically possible in the world of SJ) and there are real consequences for not.

basically this. although im cautiously optimistic that genndy will pull through and suprise everyone.
i doubt he'd settle for anything less than what he thought best for the finale

You think cartoon physics is more related to real consequences than metaphor?

Jesus, imagine that. Jack goes back to the past...only to find that you can only interact with the world when flung FORWARD, in the past you're basically an impotent observer.