This raises so many questions

This raises so many questions.
This implies that Star Wars takes place in our universe. Did the Force just stop working at some point? Or is it unique to their galaxy somehow?
Everyone in Star Wars is an alien, even Luke and Han etc. The fact that they have Midichlorians and we don't further confirms this.
If the OT was a long time ago, does that mean the new trilogy is possibly contemporaneous with us? Like, Luke just died the other day?
Who is telling this story anyway? How do they know about what went on in another galaxy far far away?
How far? Even the closest galaxy to us could be considered far far away.
Why did they put that text there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's just there to make it seem like a fantastical tale. Like how the old fairytales used to start off.

>If the OT was a long time ago, does that mean the new trilogy is possibly contemporaneous with us?

Is 20 years a long time ago?

Think of King Arthur and the legends surrounding his many deeds. It happened "a long time ago". Now instead of medieval fantasy, SW goes the science fantasy route. It's fiction steeped in myth in an alien setting.

Going to watch the OT today, cheers OP.

Better question
How did being burned by lava and having his legs chopped off change his voice to that of a middle aged overweight black man?

there was a han solo comic where the millenium falcon gest sucked through a wormhole and crashes on earth in the 1700's
the implication was that this is when Star Wars is set

For you

Star Wars is fantasy, not sci fi.

The lava destroyed his vocal chords. Palp had the lab guys engineer a more intimidating voice to strike extra fear into the rebellion.

>Han in 1700's Earth with the Millinium Falcon
Holy shit that sounds like the greatest thing ever, I don't know why

> (You)
>The lava destroyed his vocal chords. Palp had the lab guys engineer a more intimidating voice to strike extra fear into the rebellion.
Actually makes sense. Good job, Palpy.

Wait, no it doesn't, at the end when Luke takes off his mask he sounds white again. Lucas confirmed hack.

It was a tiny galaxy like in Downsizing (2017) Alexander payne. That why the speed of light seems to be so much faster than ours

His voice was enhanced through the suit. His real voice without the suit was further deteriorated from old age. Do you remember that scene when he removes the mask? Not exactly an imposing voice.

They're clearly human you fucking twat

>Did the Force just stop working at some point?
I guess someone finished what Kreia started.

It was his mask

Is that when soul calibur 4 took place?

It's a fairy tale in space. The line is basically a variant of "once upon a time in a faraway land."

I dunno man, tell me how your voice sounds after you scream bloody murder while burning in a pool of lava.

Disney is in the process of killing the force, so there is your answer, its dead in current year.

>muh alien green milk
Did everyone forget alien blue milk from ANH?

the blue milk was subtle and only fanboys noticed or remembered it.
Luke didn't squeeze it from the tits of an alien on screen and then drink up.

Where the fuck do you think blue milk came from?

I didn't say whether they were human, I said they were aliens. Get a dictionary.

Banthas. But only virgin neets know about that shit

But I thought his vocal chords were destroyed
And if they weren't, why the fake voice in the first place
Did Palpatine think Anakin sounded like a faggot or what

it was bantha milk, but we didn't need to see our hero milking one. even if we did, i think you can see the obvious difference here, stop being such a tryhard

>Did Palpatine think Anakin sounded like a faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E

decide for yourself

Who's to say they're earth years?