Superman August Solicitation Previews

Superman August Solicitation Previews
UPERMAN #28
Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and KEITH CHAMPAGNE • Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by DOUG MAHNKE • Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
“FEAR ITSELF” part one! The writing team of Tomasi and Gleason are joined by co-writer Keith Champagne in a story that returns to their Green Lantern roots and asks the question “What scares Superman?”
On sale AUGUST 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPERMAN #29
Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and KEITH CHAMPAGNE • Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by RYAN SOOK • Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
“FEAR ITSELF” part two! This looks like a job for...Sinestro?! Thrust into the anti-matter universe of Qward, Superman’s only hope is the former greatest of the Green Lanterns!
On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPER SONS #7
Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ • Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
“PLANET OF THE CAPES” part two! Monster maker Kraklow puts Superboy to the test during his first team-up with Damian Wayne’s Teen Titans. As wave after wave of Kraklow’s wicked creations try to overwhelm the Teen Titans, can Superboy turn the tide in this onslaught of enemies?
On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Credit: DC Comics
SUPERWOMAN #13
Written by K. PERKINS • Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT • Cover by KEN LASHLEY • Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES
“RETURN TO SMALLVILLE!” Searching for an explanation of the source of her powers, Lana traces her steps back to high school with a teenage Clark Kent in Smallville. With Lana’s role as Superwoman hanging in the balance, Lex Luthor makes an unexpected appearance.
On sale AUGUST 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Honestly I don't know about this. Tomasi's Clark is the weakest part of things because honestly it doesn't seem like he understands Superman at all. Writing a story with him without the family is probably going to be rough even with cowriters helping.

I would like a place for normal Superman solo stories, but it needs to be by someone else.

>Sinestro returns
Good.
>Jimenez Starfire

That would make a great poster.

I could not find him Action comic.
What is the strength of the yellow ring?

HE Looks hot.

I'm getting Injustice vibes.

Young Animal solicits are also out.

BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #4

Written by LEE ALLRED—Art and cover by MICHAEL ALLRED—Variant cover by ADAM MACLEAN
Bug meets Boston Brand, known more commonly as Deadman, one-time circus performer turned nomadic ghost. Deadman has now become trapped in a robotic body, and Bug’s chase through dimensions and realities may just be the key to breaking the spook out of his tin can.
On sale AUGUST 2 • 32 pg, 4 of 6, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE #11

Written by JON RIVERA—Art and cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING—Backup story written by MARK RUSSELL—Backup story art by BENJAMIN DEWEY and BRANDON BIRD—Variant cover by JAVIER PULIDO
Earth has fallen beneath the tentacles of the almighty Whisperer! As his terrifying army conquers what’s left of the human race, Cave Carson and Doc Magnus team up to launch a desperate plan, one which has been complicated by the arrival of strange visitors from another dimension!
On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

i love Deadman,

Fear-based.

N52 Superman wore one during one issue of Bunn's Sinestro.

DOOM PATROL #8

Written by GERARD WAY—Art and cover by NICK DERINGTON—Variant cover by JAMES O’BARR
What is s**t, and why is everyone eating it? Cliff doesn’t like it, but Casey can’t get enough. Sure, Cliff doesn’t like a lot of stuff, but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong to be suspicious this time around. Meanwhile, we find out where Lotion the cat got off to, and how his journey has changed him. Life on the streets has made him an entirely different animal.
Resolicit • On sale AUGUST 30 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

MOTHER PANIC #10

Written by JODY HOUSER—Art by SHAWN CRYSTAL—Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS—Backup story written by JIM KRUEGER—Backup story art by PHIL HESTER—Variant cover by SANA TAKEDA
Back to full strength, Violet Paige hits the Gotham City party scene to dig up more clues for the people behind Gather House. What she finds is a figure from her past who she thought was long dead. Meanwhile, Violet’s allies discover something disturbing about her mother…
On sale AUGUST 23 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #11

Written by CECIL CASTELLUCCI—Art by MARLEY ZARCONE and ANDE PARKS—Cover by BECKY CLOONAN—Backup story art by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE—Variant cover by LESLIE HUNG
Shade goes to Hollywood! Following her adventures in New Mexico, our girl heads to Tinseltown on her search to find the actress who played Honey in her favorite Earth TV show. What she finds is a woman who is older than the one she saw on the black-and-white broadcast, but also one whose years and experience will teach her more than Shade could ever expect. Now, if Shade can just apply those life lessons
before her pursuers from Meta catch up with her…
On sale AUGUST 2 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

Don't get my hopes up for Prime Time like that...

When do the complete solicitations come out?

Holy, it's continuing past #12! Maybe the lowest selling titles will make it to #18 before the plug is pulled.

>Superman inspiring that much fear

How fucking paranoid and insecure is the world?

should be Monday

Monday according to Newsarama.

>Fear-based.
thank you

No Rebirth titles will be canceled, folks!

>Doc Magnus
IT’S METAL MEN TIME

It's always Metal Men time. Seriously though, they deserve better than Legends of Tomorrow

What's up with Superman always getting corrupted?

yellow ring isn't corruption

>giant robot woman
>metal men
I need to catch up with this series

Yes, it is. It means that you inspire fear in others. That your presence is scary.

>Look up Kraklow out of curiosity
>He's an actual character
I dig it when writers use more obscure villains

Yellow means to strike fear or master fear.

>What scares Superman?

Shot in the dark?

Jon: Dad! Guess what? Damian and I are dating now!

Yeah, some people fear one of the most powerful man in the world, color me surprised.

Guy Gardner wore Sinestro's rings for years during his JLI days. He wasn't corrupted.

Yeah, so why Superman again?

Isn't he a little too much like the Amazo Super Sons Army threat?

He is either scaring bad guys or is afraid of nothing.

He was an hateful asshole, though. Pretty much an anti-hero/anti-villain.

Jorge Jimenez is so good. Especially for teen characters.

Or scaring normal people and doing scary things without giving a fuck.

>sinestro

He's dead, though.

He still wasn't corrupted, and that's the important part here.

Yellow Lantern Gardner was pretty much Green Lantern Gardner with another ring. So was Hal or Soranik. This is not the ring of Sauron.

That's still not a corruption though. Fear is healthy.

>Staying dead in comics

>“What scares Superman?”
To lose his family and friends.

Hal kinda lost his shit for a moment and Soranik was yes being corrupted by her father.

Honestly, Soranik being a Yellow Lantern or her relationship with her father in Sinestro solo made no fucking sense. She came off as a weak-willed fool with daddy issues when before she was nothing like that.

Guys it's a fucking comic book cover. He might not even wear the ring. But Lex Luthor's fear alone is probably enough to qualify him.

Nobody should fear Superman, though. He certainly shouldn't wear the colors of the enemy.

>What is s**t, and why is everyone eating it?

Because mellenials have a lower standard when it comes to movies

Probably, though I guess we'll have to see how it plays.

>Nobody should fear Superman
Tell that to Lex and Batman. I'm sure there are others. Fear isn't always rational.

Why shouldn't villains fear him?

And Sinestro Corps have done some good. They are not fully the enemy. You are being really dumb here.

Didn't he literally force the ring on to her when he gained "cosmic awareness" that the Green Lantern Corps were about to disappear?

>Nobody should fear Superman, though
He can't control that.

What scares me ..
the dentist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>He certainly shouldn't wear the colors of the enemy.
He might not even actually wear a ring dude. It's a goddamn comic book cover.

I like how Frank puts a degree of Reeve into his Superman

Batman doesn't fear Superman. He looks up to Superman. Superman signifies hope for a better tomorrow for him.

Am I the only one who feels that not much is happening on her road trip. The stories going on in meta and with her friends circle and parents was more intriguing than her visit to Gotham. Why did they even make her visit Gotham if there wasn't anything Gotham about it?

Honestly that's the thing I dislike about his art. It doesn't look right.

>What scares Superman?
Trump

>What scares Superman?
Uncontrolled immigration, which will lead to an increase in crime in Metropolis.

I feel you, but the fees are the only thing to fear about the dentist. Numbing is quite good.

i love the superman books Because the storys are always new..TOMASI Writes good space storys..I hope we get supersons in space storys

>It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then… he shoots fire from the skies and it its difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him.
He keeps Kryptonite weapons just in case. You're fooling yourself if you think Bruce isn't slightly terrified of Clark.

I'm waiting for the Supersons Legion story, where they have to keep themselves hidden from young Clark as to prevent a paradox.

Is this series good???

He understands Superman very well, it's just that he writes him very boring. No charm, no even one bit of Chris Reeve-like cockiness, nothing.

>Manhke on art

Ugh, he's ruining this run. Gleason's issues are stellar, the rest are the worst.

Superman is an illegal immigrant.

Unless you're John Byrne and his NO HE WUZ BORN HERE IN AN EGG shit.

It's good as long as you're okay with a new artist for every arc.

I just want an explanation for what the fuck is going on with the Legion in Rebirth. All these little hints and cameos are fucking killing me.

I think he counts as a refugee, what with his home blowing up.

I like this cover

Tomasi is just a very mediocre and uncreative writer. He can't plot for shit. He could bounce off Morrison's ideas during his Batman, but doesn't have anything to do in his Superman run.

There's literally nothing of Morrison in Tomasi's B&R.

Good shitpost.

Probably waiting for King to have some free time or they are still in negotiation with Hickman.

Aww fuck yeah, Sinestro's back

DC likes putting Superman in yellow

In those days Sinestro's ring was just a yellow power ring, it had nothing to do with fear

>Damian's death
>Not from Morrison

>letting these hacks get their hands on Sinestro

>If you're not ignoring Batman Inc., you are copying Morrison
High level shitpost

If only this were good...

I don't want King on it. King isn't good for a straight superhero action book.

>Art by SHAWN CRYSTAL
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Except it was a huge thing in Tomasi's arc, you autist.

Is he the same guy who drew the post Tommy Lee Edwards issues?

Yes. I was expecting Tommy Lee Edwards back after the John Paul Leon issues but we get this shitter again. Whoever the fuck thought ti was a good idea to get this fuck on the art rotation needs to be slapped.

The book is "Batman and ROBIN", Robin dies and you expect it to be ignored, you fucking retarded? Are you an Ewingfag?

Oh, it's this retarded Ewinganon again. I'll just ignore then.

>Crying about this now after Vendetti
Johns can't fucking write him forever.

>Wants "Batman and Robin" to ignore Robin's death because REEEEEEEEE
>Is an Ewingfag

He's really good at character work. Damian and Jon are really well written and they play off great against each other.

Well that's like your opinion bro.

DO NOT DARE TO ENJOY TOMASI'S BOOKS!

HE IS A HACK! WHEN MORRISON KILLED DAMIAN, HE MADE DAMIAN DEAD! ONLY A HACK WOULD COPY MORRISON SO BLATANTLY!

No he's not. He's fucking horrible.

Is Gleason ever going to draw a complete arc?

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW HE CAN OUTSELL PEOPLE LIKE EWING! REALLY FUCKING HORRIBLE!

Well to be honest, almost no one knows how to write a fun Superman nowadays. They just write him as generic good guy.

Superman Adventures by Millar is my favorite Superman characterization.

And what did Millar's Superman had different? He is pretty much all around a nice guy.