/got/ Thread

2018 Edition Thread

Let’s start the year “2018” with a good start and a perfect thread: /got/

Blackfyres did nothing wrong.

They didn't remove the Targ fucking shits.

Azor Jaqen

Its been revealed that Dany wins.

Spare yourself the trouble.

So Martin... Where is the book?

They had a marathon recently. Season one was so good. Particularly, the tone in he way it was shot. Dark scenes were dark, bright scenes were colorful. Scenes in the North didn't have such a retarded blue filter. Characters expressed emotions beyond smug satisfaction and unapproachable regality. Motivations seemed more logical, it was on track with the books barely cutting out content.

As seasons progressed, the writers got more and more bold and strayed from the source. I forgot how altered Stannis was as a character, lusting for Melisandre. Using Gendry instead of Edric Storm. Making Loras a non-knight who fucks every man willing instead of still being fucked up over the death of Renly. Making the Faith Militant into Middle Age ISIS. Having an ENTIRE season in between Jon leaving the Wildlings and the Wildlings attacking the Wall. Having Mance and the Wildlings already beat by the time Stannis arrives, instead of Stannis managing to beat an army over 30,000 with 1,500 knights, mounted men, etc.

herro

S1>S2>S3>S4>S5>S6>S7

>b-but stannis was so great in the books
"NO"

Anyone else bothered by the lack of crowns on the claimnents? Renly and Joffrey are the obly ones to actuslly wear crowns, and they later half-assed it with Euron, but how hard is it to put a crown on Robb or Stannis? Admittedly a minor quibble.

agghh...

Not really bothered desu. It was expected, the costume designer seems to prefer being extremely minimalistic when it comes to accessories, and shuns color for the most part, especially when it comes to dressing men. And besides, the only cool sounding crown in the books is Aegon's. Everything else sounds silly.
>bronze ringlet with 9 iron swords
>red gold with flames
>a fucking piece of driftwood
>taky monstrosity of gold roses and jade stags
>a black, shark tooth filled crown of bones and edge
etc.

Stannis and Dragonstone Troops have best aesthetics desu, shame we won't see more of them. Wonder if HBO would ever auction off some of the shields or helmets?

Azor Gendry. I’ve been saying it for the past three years and I’m going to continue saying it

anyone have those supposed leaks from a few weeks ago?

2018, the year Gurm dies.

Have faith, this year we get TWOW and the next year ADOS. GRMM hasn’t forsake us yet...Valar Dohaeris

He has more autism in the books. It is an objective fact that the arrival of Stannis smashing a massive Wildling force would have not only illustrated the actual threat of the Wildlings during their attack on the wall (how hopeless the efforts of the Nights Watch was) as well as after Jon Snow lets them all pass through.

I'm also angry with the way the handled everything involving the Tyrells, the struggle between Cersei and Margery, the fight over sending the fleet to take Dragonstone from Stannis or combat Euron Greyjoy in the Reach. Completely cutting out Victarion and robbing us of the bad ass pirate ship scene where a red priests off screen ritual compels animals to commit suicide just from being close. Dorne isn't even worth bringing up. The book series was just too large to be adapted to a television show.

Fuck, he could release TWOW and ADOS at the same time, saying that's why it took so long, and I'd still say it took to fucking long. Fat shit needs to speed the fuck up.

>the struggle between Cersei and Margery
In the books I felt like that just 96% Cersei's projection and 4% Marge being tired of Cersei's shit.

That it was. Maybe three times where we see anything that is close to conflict. When Cersei refuses to send the royal fleet to the Shield Islands and allows Loras to lead the attack on Dragonstone (where he gets fucked up). When Margery learns about how fucked up her brother got, and when Margery calls out Cersei in the prison cell in the Great Sept. Also, I'm almost certain Margery is spelled differently.

Either way, Cersei's paranoia is insane and the show doesn't depict her fall into madness and brutality well enough.

They will. The Fyre Rises.

>. I forgot how altered Stannis was as a character, lusting for Melisandre
That part happened in the books it was just more subtle and offscreen. Otherwise though yeah they fucked up Stannis.

Muh strong womyns memes is what they did to try and justify cersei to female audiences.

It was and it was glorious.

Dialing down Cersei's insane cuntishness and incompetence is one of the changes I was fine with. For the most part, show Cersei is a competently and consistently written character. They felt like they needed a believable and sympathetic human villain for the show, and she preforms better than her book counterpart would in that regard.

"Beneath the gold, the bitter steel"
Too bad Bloodraven and Bittersteel conflict was cut from the show :^)

I always thought if he did fuck her, he did it out of duty. But I like to think he didn't fuck her. That the shadow she birthed was a virgin birth sent by the Lord of Light as an inversion of the birth of Christ. I'm also siding with Preston in saying Stannis warged the air because reasons and that he looks so fucked up after the blackwater because he doesn't know how to cope with his disastrous defeat and I think the stress of his campaign is responsible for his weight loss. and, I don't think he buys into fire visions as much as we are lead to believe.

Worst part is there are in book strong women, with flaws. Like their are strong men, with flaws.

GET IN HERE BOARSLAYER, WE ARE TELLING WHORE STORIES
MY FIRST WAS SOME JANITOOOOR AT THE BATTLE OF SUMMER WHOOORE
THOUGHT HE COULD END THE GENRALS WITH A SIMPLE BAN OF THE THREADS
I KNOCKED HIM DOWN WITH THE BREASTPLATE STRETCHER, GODS I WAS STRONG BACK THEN, BROKE EVERY POST ON THE FORUM

Worst change about her is that we missed out on Myrish swamp.

>Too bad Bloodraven and Bittersteel conflict was cut from the show :^)
Who cares about the show?

>I always thought if he did fuck her, he did it out of duty.
It's not an if, it's absolutely Stannis's kids she popped out. And they kept sleeping together long after. Stannis isn't a robot, and Mel is hot and may even be in love with him in a creepy obsessive cultist kinda way.

>unironically still waits for the next book
Jesus

Fuck you for reminding me

One can only hope.
>fatfuck realizes he's dying
>rushes out both books
>they're shit

Holy shit, is it really you? Are you the STANNIS DID NOT BREAK HIS VOWS guy?!

LANCEL
LANNISTER

Gods...

It was a different time

I don't see her as sympathetic. She hardly sheds a tear over Myrcella and Tommen, her devoted loving mother angle disappears half way through season 4.

I still like her because Dany is the true villain.
>has features of ancient oppressors
>leads barbarian horde
>leads slave army that literally cannot feel emotional or physical pain and have killed puppies and babies as part of their training
>has three dragons (monsters typically associated with evil)
>burns slaver alive in order to steal slave army
>frees slaves just to allow "voluntary slavery" to reoccur after Dario says she should (because she thirsts for his cock)
>fucks everything in sight and is influenced by her lusts
>accepts the service of treacherous and brutal sellsword companies
And then we have this from the show to pile on
>leads exiled force of pirates (the Greyjoys)
>burns man and son alive together and sees men bending the knee in fear as a result as desirable (while Robert actually befriended his enemies)
>joins undead fire wight (Jon Snow, executor of children)
>loots Qarth
She's bad news, and that's a fact jack.

He probably fucked her. I'd just think it wouldn't be an unbelievable twist if he was just sleeping in her bed for physical comforting and some blood ritual was performed to generate the shadow child rather than penetrative sex.
No, but I'm certain he's a good man.

She also looks pretty evil in the books in Aeron's vision from that preview chapter.

>stannis is a MOMMY poster
It Fits

Melisandre is the comforting mother Stannis lost when his parents got killed in Shipbreaker's Bay. And Meli is much older, more proof. And that's why he's so sad when he leaves the wall, no more mommy gf, nor wi-fi to shitpost about mommy gfs.

>mommy giv milkies I am the rightful lord of the Seven Kingdoms and it is the law that you do so