Is x-files worth watching?

is x-files worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvline.com/2017/12/31/gillian-anderson-leaving-the-x-files-season-11-scully/
darkhorizons.com/anderson-confirms-new-x-files-is-her-last/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you like ayy lmao conspiracies i guess

im watching it because three of my favorite shows right now were influenced by it

Its really comfy

>Is the best tv series of all time worth watching?

It is, but skip any of the main arc episodes

It's comfy 90s sci-fi

It's long and anything after S5 is never as good as the first five seasons with a few exceptions. The arc story becomes absolute shit.

why the fuck isn't it on Netflix in my shitty country? can't be assed to pirate desu

This. I dropped it involuntarily halfway through s5e3 because it loses all momentum.

Would you mind sharing those three shows? Genuinely curious and I'm always looking for more X-Files vibes shows.

Through season 4, at least.

Supernatural
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel

i like stories about things that go bump in the night. admittedly more mystical than sci-fi though but x-files is comfy and undoubtedly influential for my top 3 shows so far

Based nutposter, great meme

I want Buffy to fuck me.

Watch Jose Chung's From Outer Space.

I could ride you at a gallop until your legs buckled and your eyes rolled up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you popped like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more. And you know why I don't? Because it's wrong.

yeah after s5 the movie really takes away from the mysticism and was too overt. the main story is getting really ridiculous and I’m in s6

No. Nothing matters. We're all going to die so just do whatever. Who gives a shit.

Based depressionposter

A COUPLE MORE DAYS SENPAI

Yes it's comfy 90s TV

Yes

It's okay.

i don't know why people say stop watching before 6, it's full of great episodes. mytharc is truly a lost cause at that point though.

>Is it worth watching the best show ever made
Gee - I wonder

Yes, you disgusting plebbit.

>tfw watched that one episode where someone is murdering people inside of a video game so they get some "leet azn pro gamer" to take him out and the asian ends up getting brutally slaughtered

very scary and memorable when i saw it at age 7. if i watched it now it'd probably be pretty terrible though

Thanks user!
I will check out Supernatural

Man you missed some great eps. X-cops, Drive, 4-D, Tithonus, Agua Mala, Monday, Arcadia, The Unnatural. Just to name a few

Fringe is better

No. There are a few Morgan episodes worth seeing: Jose Chung's From Outer Space and Clive Bruckman's Final Repose.

is skinner the best boy?

>Agua Mala
Why this one? There are plenty of great episodes in the last half of the show, but I thought this was a stand out bad one?

I like rhe atmosphere of the episode. Plus I thought the creatures were unique and creepy

I haven't watched it since I saw the Bad Blood episode a year ago Is it worth continuing from where I left?

All I know is that I've been fapping to Skully for 24 years.

>Is it worth continuing from where I left?
Why wouldn't it be?

It's on Amazon Prime if you're a good goy like me that wants next day delivery for his rare oversea tendies.

If you continue for the alien arc then no but if you’re in it for the MOTW episodes, then absolutely. Some great episodes in there, even with Dogget and Reyes.

I don't know, I can't get hooked on the stories like I used to. I just watch it for the dialogue.

try fringe too, takes a bit to find its knack, but its enjoyable

tvline.com/2017/12/31/gillian-anderson-leaving-the-x-files-season-11-scully/

I'm all in for the MotW episodes and comfy dialogue between Scully and Mulder. I'm gonna download the rest of season 5, then.

not all of it
the main plot episodes are p bad
thankfully not that many of them
but the stand alone episodes are good
find a top 50/100/however many you want episode list
and start watching those instead of starting from the beginning

>If you continue for the alien arc then no
Why the fuck not? There are always retards in these threads that say the mythology isn't worth watching because they found it too convoluted. Even if that is the case, the mythology episodes themselves are usually great. Very different to MOTW and are often exciting, and also contribute to character development and relationships.

x-files is good if you're 12 and under. Otherwise it's nothing but hollywood promoting all the "coast to coast am" conspiracy theories.

>bigfoot
>ayyyylmos
>evil government conspiracy led by chain smoking white gentiles
>Chupacabra is real
>Jersey Devil is real

>find a top 50/100/however many you want episode list
>and start watching those instead of starting from the beginning
Are we reddit here? It's not like you would greatly benefit from getting naturally used to Mulder and Scully, and finding out their characters and motivations etc. Have you idiots actually watched the series? Just because you've heard there's usually a new monster every episode, doesn't mean every episode is a blank slate, with all aspects built from the ground up.

>with all aspects built from the ground up.
scully sees weird shit
next episodes
>weird things don't exist, mulder.

Fuck off out of here nigger

>SCULLY THIS THING IS SUPERNATURAL
>hold on Mulder, there's been no evidence for that - hell, we haven't even left out office yet. Let's not just presume out the gate that it's supernatural

Cmon duuude! The whole super soldier drivel and their baby being a modern day Jesus is fucking awful. It’s convoluted and boring. Nothing really happens and it’s all a big stall. Just fucking get on with the invasion already

I'm all about milf Scully

Reyes has always been the best

drop it after 5 save for specific episodes

I've only watched through season 5. Do they ever fugg? It seems like they really wanted to but didn't.

No.

It’s implied

Why don't you fuck off, stupid fucking X-Files fanboy.

>Comes into a X-Files thread
>WAHH WAHH FUCKING X-FILES FANBOY

?????????

Kim Manners gave Supernatural 1-5 its gritty and grim atmosphere

No. There's no climax and the paranormal side is dull

So no then? It always seemed to be (I stopped at the retarded evil doll episode in s5) mulder was too dense to try anything. Even the writers made fun of it

yes

>Smoking man and associates
>Not a bunch of Jews

Every single one of them except the brit looked like one of (((them)))

RIP

No the main arc goes to shit in later seasons but is pretty good up until season 5 or 6.

Yeah basically, you see Scully getting dresses in Mulders bedroom bathroom at the start of an episode that deals with her drama. Apparently that’s when they made their child. You see them kiss a few times and the last episode ends with them on a bed together holding each other

They have sex in season 7. They also have a kid.
Has anyone here actually watched the show?

This isn't an x-files fan thread. It's some schlub asking Sup Forums if he should even bother watching it to begin with.

I'm about 7 episodes into season 8. I didn't think I would like John Dogget but he's alright. This season is definetly darker and I kinda miss the quirky episodes from season 5. Started watching the series because I haven't seen any of the new stuff and want to be caught up beforehand.

I liked him, he got a rough reception at the time but when I marathoned a few years back I wondered why. He brought a fresh vine to the show with his beat cop scepticism. Duchovny was starting to phone it in anyway before he had his break from the show

I'd watch every episode where Scully goes hot and heavy on the male cast. Other than that, no.

I like the show a lot. It’s git great atmosphere and terrific soundtracks. Paper hearts is a great episode that showcases these elements.

The chemistry between scully and Mulder is what makes the show so if you aren’t into that the rest of the show won’t do much for you. Main arch is weak but some of the standalones are the best tv out there.

Skinner is great. I wish he appeared more often outside of the myth-arc.

Reminder that Gillian Anderson doesn't want to play Scully anymore, and won't after the upcoming season 11.

If anybody's hoping it will be much better than 10, this probably means it's not.

I said I stopped watching at S5. Might get back into it.

Hello plebbit.

Fringe has slow mid-seasons but it's damn good. Season 5? Not as good as 1-4 but still a 7/10 (at best)

Well fuck. That's going to kill the show.

>Source: My ass

This. The stand-alone episodes are pretty good. Some top tier writing.

Source?

No, sweetie. Unfortunately not.

darkhorizons.com/anderson-confirms-new-x-files-is-her-last/

Bummer

No. It is very dated.

Are you kidding it’s one of the only shows from the era that actually holds up well. It’s not packed full of cheesy 90s CGI and goofy costumes like so many other series from back then

So... how is this going to work?

season 10 was fucking terrible
season 11 will be a mistake

This. The main arc should be dropped like a hot potato after the movie. Hell, maybe even just before.

The standalones are mostly good, and there are quite a few great ones, but there are also several absolute bombs.

Anyone else start feeling really bad for Scully as the series progressed? It feels like everything is stacked against her. Everything that happens supports Mulder's theories and destroys her own, but when it comes to religion, she's the one who's deprived of any fantastical nonsense. She lost her fertility and just gets made fun of for it. It ain't easy.

Is Supernatural worthwatching? Just makes me think of fangirls.

Yes. It's in my top 5 favorite shows of all time. It's one of the few "I'm such a nerd" memes that is actually very good.

Also John was based even if the writing quality went down a bit.

>you will never have a qt redhead waifu who loyally follows you around in your quest to find ayys

she's too perfect bros, i can't take it

>didn't watch the kino hd remasters

Supernatural is actually really good for the first 5 seasons, and worth watching not just for the hot guys.

Check it out for the hot guys - stay for the plot, atmosphere, laughs etc.

ok pal, sure

Fave tv show of all time, max comfy too, so glad I watched it in my early teens so I overlooked most of its problems

Arcadia is the best episode of the X Files btw

Why would you watch Super Natural instead of Millenium?

Why not both?