Technology to pull ships out of hyperspace exists since 4000 years in the Star Wars universe

>Technology to pull ships out of hyperspace exists since 4000 years in the Star Wars universe
>First Order doesn't make use of it
I call bullshit

>4000 years in the Star Wars universe
Umm, no sweetie.
This is Disney's nu-Wars. Your autistic EU canon no longer applies. We all "Force is Female" now.

Rumor has it that kotor will be recanonized and with it the gravity well technology

what was the logical explanation for that ship's design?

No it will be disney-ized.

No such rumors, cuck.

Ummm, no sweetie, watch Clone Wars, they find a ship from 4000 years ago and has hyperspace, and isn't even something strange

That's just what Corellian ships look like

Yeah but why?

Really wish KoTOR had done better with bad guy ship designs instead of more wedges. Mostly everything else was fairly original, like the Hammerheads and the Star Forge.

It's called SHITTY WRITING.

Hammerheads were pure kino.

It's too bad disney ruined them.

Hyperspace, in old canon, was around at least 25,000 before the Empire, because some old foretunners laid out the major hyperspace routes in the East of the galaxy, and arguably in the Western Unknown Regions. 5000 years before, you even had the Great Hyperspace War, which if playing by TLJ rules, was just slug slinging and vaporizing whole planets.

Because technology in star wars is completely stagnant

>Took us 1 sec to discover nuclear energy and turn it into a weapon
>Takes them at least 4050 years to turn hyperengines into weapons

>Moving the goalpost
4000 years, they had the hyperengine for 4000 years and is just now that they discover it can be weaponized? fuck off, this has nothing to do with stagnation

Please like the female writers could be bothered to actually read the star wars cannon.

Its stupid boy shit.

Hyperdrives are 25,000 years old at least. 5,000 for sure, but nothing in nuCanon exists before Darth Bane's rule I think, which means still ONE THOUSAND years before the Empire.

>Concave body = More Surface Area = More places to mount cannons on
Also the bent design makes it look cool.

Wrong, in the Clone Wars show (100% canon) they find a starship from at least 4000 years old, and it has hyperspace.

so which of the original movies are these facts in.

for 99% of the audience, that's all that's canon.

fkkn turbonerds trying to make kids movies into something special and deep lore with fanfic.

Luke mentions that the Jedi were around for a thousand generations in TLJ, so it doesn't seem like they're retconning that.

>25,000 years old
not for the current galactic civilization

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

What part of Non Canon don't you understand?

You don't even need to go Kotor.
They literally have anti-hyperspace wells in Rebels, which is not only canon, but canon written and approved by Disney themselves.
Well, "written" in that they put it in the script with intention. They used an older Star Destroyer variant that existed before. I forget its name, but it's the small flat one with 4 orbs on its body.

Is this the birth of an epic new meme?

What part of everything released by Disney and Clone Wars CGI show is the new Canon, you don't understand?

Also called an Interdictor

>4000 years
I might have to rewatch it but they never state the time, they only say "several hundreds of years" if I remember correctly, that is at least 2000 years, right?

Exactly. Even if they're both just waxing poetic, and you take a generation at its smallest unit of 20 years, that's 20,000 years, which falls in line with the Rakatan Infinite Empire collapsing and the rise of the Old Republic and the Jedi starting on Typhon.

Looks cool

Right, that's probably the one. It sounds familiar from back when I played Empire at War.

this pic makes me angry

you have no honor.

KOTOR is incredibly overrated, a video game tells a coherent story with a cool-looking villain and something like a twist and fanboys think it's the best thing ever. Fuck off.

Also their ship lasers fire in an arc now.

maybe its designed to perform pincer moves

You've never played KOTOR or II, have you? It feels more like Star Wars than even the prequels. To me, and to a lot of others who played that game in their early teens, that's what Star Wars is, more so than anything. That's what Star Wars feels like, looks like, and sounds like. We're just a little bit confused about how some fucking RPG and its sequel from the early 2000's can nail the substance of Star Wars but movies that cost more than 100x as much money, resources, and effort can't do it. Movies backed by Disney, FFS.

From what I heard, the old PC games like Dark Forces and the Jedi Knight games do an even better job of nailing it, although I've never played those myself.

I think the problem with the new movies and games is that now the stakes are much higher financially, so nothing good will ever come out of the property again. Quality means taking risks and doing interesting things. It means letting people do things lovingly. That's never going to happen in Star Wars again.

>You've never played KOTOR or II, have you?
Yes, I have.
>It feels more like Star Wars than even the prequels
No it doesn't, it feels like a BioWare game.
>To me, and to a lot of others who played that game in their early teens, that's what Star Wars is, more so than anything
I also played KOTOR in my early teens.
>
From what I heard, the old PC games like Dark Forces and the Jedi Knight games do an even better job of nailing it, although I've never played those myself.
So don't talk about them

The prequels have very little visually in common with the original trilogy. KOTOR captured the heavy, clunky, "used" feel of all the technology and ships better than the prequels did. Everything in them looks shiny and new until Revenge of the Sith, which I'll admit looked a hell of a lot better than the first two prequels.

Rogue one did an okay job. I didn't love it, but it was certainly more in-line aesthetically than the prequels or new mainline.

>KOTOR captured the heavy, clunky, "used" feel of all the technology and ships better than the prequels did
The idea that there are no 'new' or 'shiny' ships in Star Wars is retarded. Imperial tech always looks clean and well-maintained, even if TIE fighters aren't as good as X-Wings. If you think the problem with the prequels is that there are too many 'new' or 'shiny' starships then you missed the entire point of the series.
I guess as long as there's a lot of dirt and garbage between the aliens on screen fanboys like you will eat it up.

>a video game tells a coherent story with a cool-looking villain and something like a twist

Exactly, not even Disney can pull that off with more money and resources.