Tried to watch A Ghost Story, Get Out and mother! in the last few days but dropped them all 10 minutes in

Tried to watch A Ghost Story, Get Out and mother! in the last few days but dropped them all 10 minutes in.

What the fuck is happening

Get Out is pretty easy to watch unless you are some triggered Sup Forumstard. The others are harder to get through. Just go back to cape shit my dude.

i walked out of ghost story, wasn't getting shit out of it. mother! is kino though

Quit carrying the TV while you watch it!

Get ritalin you fucking brainlet

mother! fucking sucks I don't blame you. I don't know why I sat through the whole thing when by the 10 minute mark I knew I was going to hate it.

I would honestly rather sit through Justice League than watch that shit movie again.

You're simply a soyboy with adhd. They are all good movies, Ghost Story is great.

Kino post op btfo

When I was younger I could sit through 3 hours movies just fine

BTW I watched BR 2049 without dropping it or alt tabbing too much.

By being here your iq is dropping at a dramatic rate and you cannot stand the idea of focusing on something more than 10 minutes

Mother is garbage so you made a good choice there. Aronofsky is the ultimate hack.

>A Ghost Story
breddy gud
>Get Out
meh
>monther!
I don't blame you for this one

Three of my least favourite films of the year. Baby Driver and It Comes at Night are awful too. mother! is the least bad because it at least makes an impression on you (it gets really crazy towards the end)

>What the fuck is happening

You're developing taste OP.

Assuming you've seen Dunkirk and BR2049, check out Good Time, Wind River and Logan Lucky. Just good, entertaining, non-pretentious storytelling. I also liked The Killing of a Sacred Deer myself but it could go either way depending on your taste

You missed out on the best scene of 2017

Eats pie for literally 15 FUCKING MINUTES

A Ghost Story > Mother! > Get Out!
I liked all of them, but I didn't love them.
All pretty good and unique horror themed wide release movies for one year, tho. I'm not complaining.

true

It's 5 minutes, stop misusing the word literally like a millenial underage

I really liked the movie, but I don't think that song used in the movie is very good. I think it could have benefited from a better song

This song listening scene is the best scene by far, the editing is superb. The pie eating scene is just neat in the concept of the film, nothing more.

Yeah I watched the first two and liked it.

Also watched GT and LL and liked it, only Wind River I dropped but it seems good.

Killing of the Sacred Deer I dropped.

It's just fucked when the movie is not entertaining, what's the point of sitting myself to something which bores me.

Low budget films also seem like an insult to me.

you didn't miss anything. those films are all garbage aimed at tasteless pseuds.

>Get Out is pretty easy to watch unless you are some triggered Sup Forumstard.
It's literally a movie about micro-aggressions m8.

movies are for dumb fucks who are too stupid to read or make your own story.
the visual medium is the lowest common denominator.

Absolute plebery.

>he thinks films have to be "entertaining" in order to be good
Embarassing.

Film is unironically the highest form of art.
It actually contains all the other art forms in all the filmmaking elements, from fashion, architecture, design to music, photography, the writing and performances.
With film, you can express your idea in just one single frame through framing and composition, the performance, production design, sound
etc, while in for example books you have to use multiple sentences just to set up the scene and for the viewer to grasp what's happening. Reading words linearly is not efficient and it relies too much on the readers imagination, film is just much more efficient. Also with film you get an exact fixed artistic expression that can’t be changed, while in books half of the narrative is in every readers imagination and it's entirely different with every single person.
Now that doesn't mean everyone uses the medium to it's maximum potential, but it has a far greater potential than any other art form.

Back to your star wars thread, fag

>When I was younger I could sit through 3 hours movies just fine

Same. I think it's more a function of having more responsibilities now, so we're more defensive of how we invest our spare time. Honestly, I'm just not going to waste 2 hrs. on some shit that'll just piss me off or that I'll forget I watched by the next day. I want a memorable, entertaining experience made by people who are good at what they do. If I can't get that with a film, I'll go do something else.

>what the fuck is happening

soy overload.

>pleb filter
>posts a bunch of plebby IMDBcore

last good horror kino was mama

Watch Three Billboards instead

You did right with last 2

A Ghost Story is wonderful and you are a faggot for dropping it.

You're a faggot anyways for not watching a movie enterely no matter how good or bad it was. If you choose a movie, watch it until the end or stop watching movies forever you fucking sack of shit

I watched A Ghost Story while sad and alone in my college dorm with nothing else to do. I feel like you need to be in a mood to watch it. Unironically is one of my favorite films of the year.

mother! and A Ghost Story were both good and you should stick it out

Enjoying any of those films only identifies you as a pretentious soy guzzler.

Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Wind River are the best pleb filters of 2017.

What is the last good horror movie , in your opinion?

Dude, you think because you can't hold attention anymore watching movies is because you think you have more responsibilities and wanna use your time elsewhere? As you continue to post here? And blame filmmakers for not making entertaining enough movies for?

thinking art has to be entertaining to be good is extremely cynical

>wanting your opinion on art valued
>using "artsy" as a pejorative

very cool... very masculine...

Only one of those I watched was Get Out
and oh boy was it terrible

>Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Wind River are the best pleb filters of 2017.

Add A Ghost Story and It Comes at Night.

stop being a faggot

from to tolstoy to adam sandler people only give a fuck about art as much as it entertains them. what, you think you're challenging your intellect or forging your moral character because you watched a fucking tarkovsky film once?

Do you think films like Threads or The Hunt are "entertaining"?

yes

>Today there are only a few types of horror that are made today.

;_;

This is what happens when the average Sup Forums brainlet tries to watch something that's not capeshit.

get out and mother! are capeshit for people too smug to watch actual capeshit