Did she love him?

We all know she was programmed to do so, but does that make her love less real?

Aren't normal women programmed to love certain things?

That wasn't what bothered me about this movie. The resistance part was cringey. It's like, "Really?" I don't know if it was entirely the bad acting in that part or that there was this vast underground network that all decided to show up at the same time when robocop makes his appearance. It felt cheap, and unnecessary to the rest of the movie. It wouldve been better if they left it out.

the resistance was just to get the plot to get from A to B.

He was left for dead in Vegas with no way out. The resistance is just a way to get him back to LA, and perhaps make a viewer unsure if he was going to save or retire Decker

>does that make her love less real?
Yes. This is all transhumanist propaganda. Code has no soul.

And Stacys are programmed to fall for Chads. What's the difference really? The difference is a matter of preference.

The Resistance was meant to be ambiguously portrayed. Between Mariette acting hypocritical by being dismissive towards Joi and the leader telling K to kill Deckard, you weren't supposed to find them sympathetic. The climax of the movie is K rejecting them despite the buildup towards joining them.

>92525124
>not being a transhumanist
lmaoing @ u

The question is whether the removal of choice diminishes the value of the love.

So think of it this way: I put a gun to your head and tell you that you have to act lovingly toward somebody or I'll shoot you dead.

Were your loving actions any less loving because they were forced? The answer is obviously: yes.

Love is meaningful because it's the feeling we get from being chosen by somebody else. JOI had no choice.

no. it just means that her love was unconditional.

She reminds me of Tony Soprano's russian girlfriend in this movie. They should really do the holothreesome.

Joi chooses to love everyone. It would be like saying a woman brought to this world who loves every person unconditionally is wrong.

Neither do humans?? You fell for the soul meme? We are biological computers. We have genetic code that dictates a lot of things we have no choice over, like sexual attraction and other "behind the scenes" processes. A lot of our free will is just the machine learning portion of our programming. What we decide to do and how we do it is no different than the programming we would set up for a machine to determine what outcomes to take and what actions to make based on input variables. Even machines are capable of some autonomous behavior constricted to certain rules in their code. We are no different.

fuckin' this. the movie needed to be more self contained. Ford should have been a one scene deal and the main mystery should have been left open ended.

Did she have a sense of self though? You could say that a mother is 'programmed' to love her child but a mother exists, has self awareness and consciousness before the child exists and would even if it didn't. Joi had no prior experiences or passions, there is no indication she is capable of having thoughts or desires outside being what 'you want to hear'

The entire point of the resistance was to be there for K to reject them and go his own way. He was tired of taking orders from everyone and wanted to choose his own destiny, which was dying with a purpose

but we do have consciousness.

Which if we are going by the "cloud computing" logic of the film she doesn't because a remote version of her breaking would destroy her consciousness whether she had a backup or not

it's hard to say, honestly. it all depends on how other Joi's are. Maybe she was unique, maybe she wasn't.

It was pretty obvious she did, the movie spells it out for you several times. Your mother is programed to love you even if youre a little shit, that doesnt make her love any less real. When he saw the hologram he realized his joi was nothing like the advertisement

GUYS!
That's Lexi Belle and not Ana de Armas!

If Joi was advertised as saying "whatever you want to hear", why does she repeatedly say things K didn't want to hear? He said "don't say that dumb shit" at least twice

It all depends on if you think we have free will or not.

K is tsundere and can't take a compliment

>ive never seen mothers who dont love their children
>ive never heard of mothers killing their own children
>ive never heard of mothers kicking out/disowning/etc etc

you actual retards, all of these happen, yet most likely Joi has no choice but to "love" and say what you want to hear, thats what the product is made for.

He wanted to hear it just to say "don't say that dumb shit"
It was 3D chess

No, you fell for the behaviorist materialism meme. Your body is to your soul what your TV antenna is to the signal. Picture a red house in your mind's eye, using your consciousness. Now try to measure or take a picture of that red house using any technology. You won't find it under a microscope, not in your neurons, nor synapses nor in the molecules of iron, carbon and water you're made of. You are not (only) your body.

Learn to meditate if you want to understand that paradigm is just a very narrow view of the world, that your consciousness is capable of much more. If you're impatient, just one session of 5 grams of dried psilocybin mushrooms in complete darkness will do the trick.

>everyone who doesn't have retarded conclusion like I do is le idiot
classic

Sometimes we want to hear the things we don't want to hear. Like a subconscious that pushes us on in a direction we try to rationalize our ways out of but our emotional self wants us to continue to pursue it.

Please dont tell me you are actually this stupid, mothers who kill their children are broken, not the norm

Not even gonna finish reading your post lmao what a retard . why would post this

Is this you?

K's JOI was being controlled by Ana Stelline.

Ana planted her memories in a bunch of replicants(this starts the resistance) then when the date on the tree triggered the memory in K she was notified and she takes control of his JOI program and manipulates him into finding her father by building him and telling him he might be a real human.

She connects him with the resistance by contacting the prostitute named Mariette(which is literally a variation on Marionette) and having them plant a tracker on him.

Then later, when he's dying in the snow after accomplishing her mission she crafts a new memory of JOI in the snow with him, giving him a happy sendoff.

yeah big black dick by the jews

>Which if we are going by the "cloud computing" logic of the film
Joi isn't cloud computed at all

>This scene doesn't exactly make the case that K loved her for her personality
Does anyone want to tell Helen Lewis that men rarely if ever love a woman because of their personalities? And if they say they do, it's a lie?

>by building him
*by building him up

>computer can perceive your subconscious desires even over the ones you express to it
>but it's still not sentient lmao

She seemed to understand what her own death was, so it can be assumed that she has a sense of self.

Except Joi doesn't have a choice because she's programmed to love everybody thar purchases her.

And if a person is born into this world who loves everybody? Joi is just one type of human copied over and over again.

He doesn't care that she's programmed. looks so upset here because he's thinking of his own Joi and how she was special to him, she'll never be replaced. It's not a coincidence the preceding scene is Deckard lying about other Rachel's eyes and refusing her for that same reason.

I think common consensus among the intellectual reviewers of sci-fi is that she was simply a soulless program used to play upon his loneliness, so Wallace could spy on him while he hunted for the Replicant child.

And the titanic billboard ad really hammers that home when K sees it and she uses a lot of the lines that really made his heart melt while his Joi was still alive.

BUT I'm a human being and I want to believe in love and beauty and their relationship was truly beautiful even though she was a computer program and he was an artificial man. So I'm gonna say YES, his Joi truly loved him and NO she was not deliberately spying on him for Wallace (though she may have been used unwittingly for this purpose anyhow). But the fact that she herself wanted to be disconnected from the mainframe inidicates that their love was probably real, she DIDN'T want to be used to spy on K.

But ultimately whether you believe she was just Wallace's soulless spy program OR she was K's true love is left to the viewer and the outcome you project generally shows whether you choose to look at people optimistically.

We don't know for sure that Joi actually loves every owner anyway

Imagine if someone buys her just to be super mean to her and in return she treats him with nothing but sad, frightened obedience instead of the affection between her and K

I like Goose because I can relate to autism he portrays in his flicks

Oh God that scene. How memorable.

i love how kids trace something and call it "art"

If I ever could program a gf bot I would do exactly this. Imagine how much more valuable the product becomes when you actually have to put in an effort to have her love you? I mean it's why those Japanese dating sims are so popular. People want a reason to be loved. Not just have love.

Right

The advert literally says "everything you want to hear".

where are the proofs

>"everything you want to hear"
>basically 50% of the shit she says pisses Joe off because he doesn't want to hear it

I interpreted the scene as K waking up to that JOI and the love he felt for her was fake. Destroying him emotionally yet hardening him to his new realisation that he was in control of his destinty.

That could just be interpreted as her not having a clear idea of what he wants to hear. The AI might have missread him.

This is probably the truth, I'm .

But the truth is I WANT to believe. Since it's ultimately left to the viewer to decide, I choose to believe it was real.

That’s a very nice Pepe you have there. A shame if someone saved it

yes this is the true interpretation

I agree, and the film leaving it to the viewer to decide is a great thing, if they spelled it out the scene wouldn't be thought-provoking at all.

This was definitely my favourite movie of 2017.

You can interpret as that or as K actually feeling that he lost his Joi and she's never coming back even if he buys another. It's just not the same thing.

I think they should add voiceover narration to the scene

But the voiceover is just 90 seconds of silence followed by Gosling saying "I blade run."

>open your third eye

She observed how he behaved around her and what he said to her. This was so she could develop things to say that make him happy and avoid saying things that make him unhappy.

You break it down like that between two human beings and it sounds a lot like love to me.

Blacked Mirror is better

which proves mothers arent programmed into SHIT u fucking brainlet

yes, that was my point. There is no choice, no alternative, its meaningless.

women who kill their children have a bug in their mother program

Oh my, not even sure how to respond to this one

sciences proved mothers don't have any motherly programmation. It's all society. Remember when the Queens didn't care about their children, all alone with their wet nurse?