Wtf even was the point of emily blunts character?

wtf even was the point of emily blunts character?

contrast

envoy

her character ruined the entire movie

>WHAT IS MEDELLIN??!?!?!
>DEA AGENT
lol

They needed an FBI presence so they could operate there

Yeah I understand this but I mean as a whole because ultimately she amounted to nothing

Apparently she was supposed to make the CIA look bad
I just saw a ton of bad people get killed and didn't stress over it like Blunt.

to be the newbie, the fish out of water type character that acts shocked over what's going on
basically to remind you why we call it "black" ops

That was the point
She couldn't hack it, you can say it's because she was a girl or because she was the character she portrayed and that specific character couldn't hack it but that's how it ends, shes told to fuck off
pic related

Mansplaining, The Movie.

A straight man, you first get to see she is more hardcore than average people by successfully leading that charge in the beginning of the movie. Then you think, wow she is pretty hardcore, then the CIA show her how much of a pussy she is in the real world of drugs enforcement.

2 b a q t

she worked for the fbi retard, see the poster

thats kinda the point. She is the law-abiding "good cop" character and gets shat on for the entire movie then fucks off without having done anything.

Because its a war and cops dont belong into war.

The entire point of the movie was showing her being completely out of her league

represents the naive ideal of truth and justice putting an end to the drug war
gets dragged around, repeatedly shown to be out of her depth, representing how poorly those naive ideals hold up to the reality of the situation
ends up little more than a tool used and discarded by far more powerful forces beyond her comprehension, representing how far the militiarized drug war has escalated into a self-sustaining engine of chaos

This.

Part of the point of a character was to show how the CIA just uses people to get what it wants done and that she ended up not being someone they could use or rely on in the future.

She's there to act as a foil to everybody else. In every Dirty Harry movie, he has a partner who acts as foil, insisting that everything has to be done "by the book" so when he looks edgier in comparison. Emily Blunt's character basically fills that role, except the film tricks you into thinking she's going to be the Dirty Harry, when in fact she's the pusillanimous partner. It's a bait-and-switch, and I loved it. This movie was something special, it wasn't afraid to go outside the box. We won't get another movie like this in a long time. Yeah, I know that a sequel is planned but it won't be as good. It can't be.

> are you CIA? is he?

what did she mean by this?

but who was meta jean?

The level of retardation of this post actually triggered me. Well done, I guess.

give the audience someone to relate to as they get introduced into the material.

Emily Blunt's character was to show that women should not work in that field of work. Too emotional.

To show how worthless women are.

Her character was supposed to serve as POV of the audience, but the purpose itself got lost in the complicated this particular way of the storytelling.

Normies need representation in film too

That he was a big guy

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

>complicated

seriously?

These people are the only non retards ITT

I'm upset they made her character a woman. I've seen so many shitty comments about how women suck and they don't belong.

>then the CIA show her how much of a pussy she is in the real world of drugs enforcement.

1) that doesn't happen, she was playing along
2) FBI are more skilled than CIA

>because ultimately she amounted to nothing
Are you retarded, she wasn't meant to amount to anything. She was there just to be there.

I don't think women suck, but they aren't made for that field of work.

They're enemies won't take them seriously, as well as their peers. And that isn't something that would change no matter how talented they are.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>ywn call up "some friends from Delta"

I actually bought these myselfMWWWHAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Who /getting a boner/ here?

didnt he have clamidia?

I'm actually not a retard. Although to be fair I hadn't posted on this thread at the time of your post

why did they into acid that guy's daughter?

>Retard: The Post.

Prove it wrong brainlet

she's such a fucking babe tho

For the banter.

mhmmmm

Your mom smells

>"this is the land of wolv-"
>muzzle flash followed by a brief glimpse of del toro's brain matter flying everywhere
>cut to mexican kid playing soccer then SICARIO
Would've been kino desu.

For you