Samurai Jack Remastered

Some madman just remastered the original 52 episodes into 1080p.

imgur.com/a/UkpCS#P8X3MUA
It's fucking amazing.

reddit.com/r/RemasterSamuraiJack/comments/6c66i6/samurai_jack_seasons_14_in_1080p/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RemasteringATLA/comments/5hr9w2/atla_remastered_in_1080p/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

Exactly.

Because upscale is remaster. Because I am stupid and do not know how media technology works.

I don't get the appeal to 1080. Why do you care if the visuals are slightly more detailed? It's not like it changes the story.

There are no extra details. Upscaling does not add anything.

Usually seeing the texture of the paper or paint or even the grain of the film adds a different quality to the source. However this is no remaster, it just makes every look like a smeared mess.

Will CN send it DMCA or appreciate it?

>Reddit

>>>Reddit

How do you make something HD when you don't have the source material?

This reminds me of the idiots that upload Beast Wars to youtube in "widescreen" """""""HD""""""""""" even though the fucking show was rendered in standard definition and all they've done is LOWERED the quality by stretching it out.

Made worse by the fact that Hasbro themselves did it with clips of the show later on.

>appreciate it
>"remaster" that is stretched out, washed mess that is even worse than the original

>How do you make something HD when you don't have the source material?
remake it frame by frame

t. no understanding of animation OR technology

I expect detailed and thorough explanations on why we're wrong in the next half hour based on your expertise on the subject.

Based off your OP image it looks like it's simply an upscale with a filter to smooth it out. This is not a "remaster" it's an upscale. I have very serious doubts this looks decent in motion and it probably looks like a blurry mess.

I'm not going to bother clicking on that reddit link. You can fuck off.

No problem... to keep it as simple as possible:
Animation is NOT like live action: notice those large areas of single color, or gradients at most? In theory you CAN predict where those are "supposed" to go in an HD version, to some extent at least.

Indeed, there's already a common filter (waifu2x) that's basically an algorithm designed for doing just that - but only for shows with black outlines. The problem with Samurai Jack used to be that it didn't have those, but it looks like that's been overcome here?
I'm not OP, I actually clicked on this because it reminded me of the (admittedly terrible) ATLA remaster and I wanted to see if this was better.

Nigger upscaling shit is not a remaster. Do you even know what that term means? It means to create a new master copy from the original animation cels. Unless you have access to the original materials used to produce the current master copy of Samurai Jack then nothing you do is a "remaster". Fuck off.

I suppose it looks decent for what it is?

It's really too bad CN would never sink the money into a true remaster (presuming such a thing is even doable). Who knows if Season 5 of Jack will even be released on blu-ray.

What about the Beast Wars post?
You've failed.

>admittedly terrible) ATLA remaster
(You)

Great reply, great explanation.

[[[{{{(((you)))}}}]]]

By looking at the Imgur link, it's obvious that they're not just stretching out the original footage.

Not sure if sarcasm.

It looks like it's been run through a similar filter to one used on SNES emulators, "super eagle" or something like that.

It looks sharper than a usual filter.

Haven't even checked the thread, and yet I can guarantee that someone is gonna say
> reddit

Thanks for reminding me that ATLA is stuck on 480i dvds

Hasn't Cn just trashed their traditional cell animated stuff once they went to digital, like disney did?

Quite likely, which probably means a real HD release of Samurai Jack is quite literally impossible

Thank God someone took the time to make it look the same.

Are you actually using a demotivational poster in 2017?

Honestly it looks pretty bad and lazy compared to the ATLA remaster. This guy just encoded everything with one simple filter and that's it.

At least it's actually watchable, unlike that steaming pile of dogshit. (Yes, I know the source DVDs are much worse, but that's kind of the whole point of a *remaster* in the first place.)

Newfags don't know what up scaling is

>he thinks Legend of Korra was an ATLA remaster

What's wrong with this?
It's a nice bundle in good quality
Why are you people so fucking cynical about everything

>ATLA remaster

Link?

Here:
reddit.com/r/RemasteringATLA/comments/5hr9w2/atla_remastered_in_1080p/

Also, download link at The Pirate Bay.

Thanks

There's a reason lossy compression algorithms work so much better on real images than it does on minimalist digital art. Because even though it might be hard to "predict what was supposed to be there", the eye doesn't care. And for the same reason upscaling will work better on real photographs than on animation.

I'm sure some people are into the blotchy computer generated filter upscale pixel filters, but I'm not fan.

Anyone have an episode to share so i can decide if i want to download 30gb or not?

It's not

I'm not talking about TLOK...?

listen, i don't care much for upscaling arguments towards its veracity or not or whatever

all i know is that i put half an hour into making this WebM, not to mention the time spent downloading the video in the first place, so i'm leaving this here and walking away.

>What's wrong with this?
It looks like smeared shit. I guess it's okay if you need glasses but don't bother wearing them, I'll stick with my original quality bundled torrent though.

Not sure what implying but that's a great WebM, saved.

Good job user!

le ebin vector graphics

>DMCA a torrent