youtube.com/watch?v=JBqB5LUKh8A
youtu.be/-Rl0fkh_0s0
youtube.com/watch?v=zVTMzzgqmG0
youtube.com/watch?v=QQQ86C4YSls
youtube.com/watch?v=j5k50t2Y-zI
youtube.com/watch?v=LE3T9u0Ftsc
youtube.com/watch?v=0EMMLD2KAMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was established in a time where Homosexuality was being normalized, political upheaval was being established across the country, and immigrants where starting to flood the nation.

Why do you think.

>brainlets are still being outraged by a tv channel 35 years later

Will the right ever grow up?

>Simpsons is still on at 6pm decades later

HOLY SHIT

All bollocks. STFU cunt

More than that, it was established to be a contrarian channel. While BBC was centrist (at the time before you start chimping) and ITV was right-leaning, channel 4 was made to be different for the sake of it. Like every year the BBC televises the Queen's speech at Christmas, channel 4 televises a speech by Ahmidinejad, Kim-Jong Un or whatever. It exists of controversy.

It used to be on BBC, kid.

>4 channel
>Sup Forums

>That ident were the logo carries refugees onto the white cliffs of dover

I'm starting to feel these guys should of come over instead.

the state tells it what to produce so it's main goal is to be a propaganda arm for promotion of degenerate activities, normalisation of white genocide and celebrating it and threatening thought criminals. The shows are empty shells for a bigger broader campaign to sedate a nation state. So of course the shows are gonna be shit. That being said IT Crowd and Inbetweeners is kino

It intended to be the alternative to the other three channels. To give attention to minority/niche topics. Things like euro trash. They had an irreverent attitude, with things like adam and joe, euro trash, hollyoaks, Vids, Bits. The later two being low-budget, energetic reviews of games and films. The sort of things You tube does now.

I really liked the adam and joe show, they did parodies of star wars long before robot chicken.

I remember they had special nights all about animation, blocks of programming about lesser known animations and the making of such things.

now it's just another normie channel. They think their rebelling against the norms when their the ones issuing it.

Its last good show was Skins.

>the state tells it what to produce
No it doesn't

>IT Crowd and Inbetweeners is kino
>skins
>good show

You cunts should really consider killing yourselves.

Skins was fucking dope mate. Dont pretend it wasnt.
The best thing about it was making the "prude" girls behave like sluts because they thought it was cool. Shit, thats the reason i lost my virginity, because these girls got so easy after this show.

>Channel 4 is a British public-service television broadcaster that began transmission on 2 November 1982. Although largely commercially self-funded, it is ultimately publicly owned; originally a subsidiary of the Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA),[1]
yeah haha they're totally doing things that support the establishment's agenda accidentally haha
>he didn't find the chaos and awkwardness of the inbetweeners absolutely relatable and funny
>he didn't like the great writing and wit from the IT Crowd
brainlet detected

>dope
Ah, you're a nigger. Makes sense you'd enjoy something as fucking dreadful as Skins

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtJdGBViojg

Pure trash.

>channel 4 is publicly owned therefore the state tells it what to broadcast

You stupid fucking piece of shit.

>made everyone act like sluts
Wow, thanks channel 4.

>dope

You guys are so fragile lmao.

I watched a bit of Channel 4 news the other day and holy shit it's as if Salon was given a major television network

>great writing and wit
>in it crowd

lmao. you must be the most easily pleased chav on Sup Forums

CHANNEL FOUR MORE LIKE CHANNEL BORE AM I FUCKING RIGHT GUYS

>channel 4 is publicly owned
>he doesn't think this means that the state has absolute influence over what it publishes
the naivety of some people on this board, fucking hell
youtube.com/watch?v=Ife-lJv2MKI
show me something better then

What were you watching?

Thing is they do make some great shows like the Guy Martin stuff, but people only concentrate of degeneracy like Naked Attraction and think "the state" are telling Channel 4 to make this stuff like this paki retard thinks

>people only concentrate of degeneracy like Naked Attraction and think "the state" are telling Channel 4 to make this stuff
yeah haha ikr so weird, when a state owned channel just spontaneously starts producing propaganda pieces promoting degeneracy that the state government also supports, so ludicrous lmao

No, the state doesn't have absolute influence over it at all, you psychotic paki wimp.

I bet you're one of those window-lickers that still rants about Danny Cohen at the BBC

Pretty shit half the time, but it gave kinos like Peep Show, Brass Eye, and Deal or No Deal, so it gets a pass.

The thing is hat Channel 4 is supposed to be a left-wing alternative to the BBC, but the BBC itself is so left-wing these days that Channel 4 is left with nowhere to go but full antifa if they want to distinguish themselves from the mainstream stuff

>state owned channel
I swear to God, you fucking pakis are retarded.

>Channel 4 is supposed to be a left-wing alternative to the BBC
No it isn't. There's literally no fucking remit whatsoever for them to side politically with one side.

Shut the fuck up you MI5 Spenk, sucking nanny state cock. I bet you're watching that show promoting pet play gimps right now. And do you think of it?
>well deh are da government but dey dindu nuffin channel 4, its a harmless show

Watching Spectre actually, Ahmed

>when you drink the Sup Forums coolaid

Remember where you are, m8. You're not going to convince Sup Forums that ch 4 is not part of some government-run cultural marxist conspiracy to deny them gfs.

>he thinks channel 4 is like some russian state broadcaster demanding they show programs with fannies and niggers

Coming up next, Russel Howard's UKIP R shit look at this funny internet picture

LOOK AT THIS VIDEO ON THE INTERNET

HE LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE WHO [INCERT SEXUAL ACTIVITY HERE]

ermagherd deh daylee mayol

op is probably too young to remember any of that.

Hey, how do I get UK channels on Kodi or android or whatever? Er, how can I get UK channels outside the UK, period? I'm willing to even pay for a service or whatever.

I don't know but you could use a British VPN to access the catch-up services.

>Implying John Snow isn't the best news anchor in the UK

No-name plugin for Kodi but I think that repository has been down for a while

patrician

Brother, nice to see someone who remembers Vids and Bits. Those along with Spaced, Jam and Big Breakfast are some of my favorite TV memories. I actually lived in Hamilton, Scotland around the corner from where they shot series one of Vids. Here's the first episode!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/w-dvAEoyE1w

Fair enough. Much appreciated, anons.

I never thought I'd see the day fucking ITV has better idents than Channel 4. BBC aren't too bad.

Shit, forgot to mention FATHER TED!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/oBJ_PwpoIvs

i like the lot of irish talent it brings up and anything with jimmy carr hosting is worth leaving on. i never watch the beeb or itv and i still don't know what channel 5 is but yeah fuck rte.

I remember it all. Used to love some late night anime like Cyber City. Now their programming is worse than ITV.

Cunt can hardly speak coherently let alone tell the news.

But I'm always reading that the BBC is a Tory mouthpiece. One side says one thing, and the other another.

The BBC are supposed to be neutral, but they have Muslim propaganda 24/7, Doctor Who has cringy SJW moments and all their documentaries are about global warmi-sorry, climate change.

>all their documentaries are about global warmi-sorry, climate change.
All of them aren't at all. Do you even watch BBC4?

Oh and who didn't lust after Denise van Outen?!?FACT!!!

why are scottish cunts so good at making cheap review shows?

seeing this and the dates it's obvious vids was a good influence on the guys that made videogame review show consolevania, which is pretty much the only game review show that doesn't make me want to cut my eyes out.

they just both seem to be completely honest about what they're reviewing, talking to the camera like it's their mate down the pub and not worrying about saying the wrong thing.

who told you that, you obviously don't actually watch it yourself, you've been bamboozled pal.

>and all their documentaries
>all

Opinion discarded. Too much hyperbole for my liking.

>"Conservative" Party
>right-wing

lmao

Damn this makes me feel comfy.

Cut to shreds though.

So they could bumble their way into losing another war?

also
>should of

It's central left which is tolerable, as is central right. It's only these American news channels which have ruined politics by only showing one spectrum or the other.
I actually fucking miss back in the late 90s when everyone was a bittersweet rather than now where 50% of the country is either miserable or ecstatic.

>decades later
they've only had the rights for one decade you fucking child

I know what you mean and Bits had the same sort of vibe and was also shot in Glasgow where Vids later relocated. Here's a clip with my beloved Emily Booth!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/LSwJfxw-reM

I'm convinced that Channel 4 is the sole reason Frasier is so popular in England over multiple generations.

They aired it first run for a decade and then for nearly 15 years after that have been showing constant repeats.

I feel like I know a fair amount of people in uni who grew up with the show, but when my friend and I went to Boston for a year abroad last year, literally nobody knew what Frasier was or understood our jokes/references.

For the last couple of months I've only caught a couple of good episodes in the 6pm slot. They get shown more often on Saturday mornings and around 10-11pm on 4Seven now.

I think you're right because me and my grandmother use to watch it every night!!!FACT!!!

They've been showing episodes from series 20 onwards, which aren't worth watching at all. Some from the mid to high teens. Series 1-12 are as far as I'd go.

>seeing this and the dates it's obvious vids was a good influence on the guys that made videogame review show consolevania

they just have the same sort of enthusiasm for the subject, like they've just turned on the camera and said what they think instead of it being overly scripted and edited.

youtube.com/watch?v=JBqB5LUKh8A

The Springfield Connection and Lemon of Troy were on 4Seven the other night at half 9 and half 10 respectively.
The episodes at 9 and 10 were from series 20 something I think so I just jumped back to FreeSports for the Aussie V8 highlights. Well happy to get some sports channels on FreeSat.

I've seen some britanons post about Frasier at like 8 AM or whatever which is the same time it airs on Channel 4 on weekdays.

Just starting the day off with Frasier and a cuppa

I remember watching the last episode of Big Breakfast with Vaughn and Outen and seeing it now, 17 years later (Jan 12 2001 was their last broadcast) makes my fucking heart ache at how the world has turned to shit since then!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/-Rl0fkh_0s0

Big Breakfast was fucking great. I remember they used to have the Gallagher brothers come in and they would clearly have been up all night getting absolutely pissed and only functioning with aid of some heft doses of Columbian marching powder.

None of this happened

Just finished watching this and I can't stop crying.......

What's with all the liberal soyboys defending the BBC in this thread?

The Word, Who's line is it anyway, vic reeves big night out. It was fucking great in the 90s. Not to mention all the late night foreign films that kindled my interest in kino. It's fucked now though.

I was thinking of Soccer AM
youtube.com/watch?v=zVTMzzgqmG0

But yeah both Liam and Noel were on the BB before

Please stop lying

youtube.com/watch?v=QQQ86C4YSls
youtube.com/watch?v=j5k50t2Y-zI

youtube.com/watch?v=LE3T9u0Ftsc

Post yfw channel 4 had a hijab wearing paki as the news anchor on Christmas Day

I like when they let retards read the continuity links.

Neither are pissed or coked up here. Please stop lying. No one is impressed.

Haha. I like how he has to tell the audience he's a retard just people don't start complaining.

Is it that bloke who looks like he needs a trip to Theme Hospital? Can't stand him.

Speaking of drunk Gallaghers on the airwaves.

Who remembers this?

youtube.com/watch?v=0EMMLD2KAMY

yes, i'll definitely be listening to this for an hour

Stop talking about oasis you soyboy faggot

Kek at these responses

>More than that, it was established to be a contrarian channel. While BBC was centrist (at the time before you start chimping) and ITV was right-leaning, channel 4 was made to be different for the sake of it. Like every year the BBC televises the Queen's speech at Christmas, channel 4 televises a speech by Ahmidinejad, Kim-Jong Un or whatever. It exists of controversy.

This. Back in the 90's it was the edgy channel. It's been a long time since I've watched TV so I have no idea of the state it's in now.

this tbqh. I see too much Skins love here

>ITV was right-leaning
STFU, you deranged niggercunt