Is this guy just lucky or actually smart

Is this guy just lucky or actually smart

He's from Poland, therefore smart can't be an option

he is just chill

This

He was lucky and oblivious to have made such a bad movie, but he was smart to capitalize on the movie's unexpected success.

/thread

He's arrogant, but in the best ways. The only kind of arrogance I really like. Also he looks like a vampire so that helped.

He's amusing.

Smart before the car accident

I read somewhere he actually paid for the movie from his own pocket and earned 6mln by himself so cant be that stupid

He's severely mentally ill but wealthy, probably inherited.

He is now being wheeled around by James Franco and Seth Rogen as they openly mock how much of a retard he is.

he's really, really motivated and inspired by what he imagines the american dream to be

Where did he get his money from?

Is he a Vampire?
Is he related to the Bogdanoffs somehow?

Kek

Probably a lottery winner. That's why the source of his fortune was never revealed. Anyone who makes 6 million would have a trail of employees, friends and associates showing up to tell his story after he got famous.

I'm watching the disaster artist now and Tommy is odd but I will hang out with him he doesn't seem like a bad guy

I like this theory. Only reasonable one, outside of illegal shit.

He's more of a dick in the book. Even in the movie, he's insufferable while they make The Room. Greg must be chill as fuck to have stuck with him for twenty years.

He's literally the Donald Trump of film

>Greg must be chill as fuck to have stuck with him for twenty years.

Or desperate

>this is what 56% thinks slavs look like
He's clearly a gypsy, retard. I know you mutts can't tell white people apart, but come on now. Slavs don't have hair like this

Greg Sestero really got the short end of the stick in the movie. Getting portrayed by Dave Franco, what an insult.

I get the impression from the book that he's just socially awkward

if he had been more confident he would've easily gotten his foot in the door from his looks alone and never would've had to fuck with Tommy

Yes

Greg's interview with Doug Walker does make it seem like he see's something in the guy that's not Room / boom money

>Only reasonable one
There's nothing unreasonable about the story Greg presents in the book. According to him, Tommy worked his way up through different levels of sales, and ended up making connections with rich old people that helped support him and back his entrance into real estate (maybe because he was a boytoy). That's entirely reasonable, and not very uncommon (it's not that different from Schwarzenegger's, for example). The dude owns a bunch of very high-value properties in San Francisco that he probably got cheap before the tech boom, of course he's fucking loaded.

And as far as OP's question, I think he probably does have some kind of business sense. Apparently, he was a great salesman, and I can kind of see why (no shame and a hard time with boundaries), plus he's so miserly about weird things that he probably knows how to save.

Prostitutes from old country but Tommy is all-American guy.

Holy fuck, never thought about it but he actually looks polish as fuck, fucking potatoface. How come polish women are so hot when their men look like this?

He’s from New Orleans

retard.

I thought it was because all the men with the best genes died in war leaving only the sub-human men behind.

lol no, he even admitted that he fled to France as a kid. Why the hell would someone flee from NO to France?

Has anyone ever tried speaking in Polish to him? I thought about going to the next screening in Santa Cruz and asking him something in Polish.

I actually thought the movie was a pretty bad adaptation of the book. The book tells a very complicated story about the co-dependant relationship between the two, and the movie simplifies it enough to kind of destroy the most interesting parts. It actually fictionalizes way more than it needed to, and in ways that also tended to make their relationship less interesting.

Book Tommy is a selfish, insecure person who desperately needs to manipulate Greg to maintain some control in their relationship because of his jealousy. Movie Tommy loses a lot of that.

Has he ever publicly spoken another language? I just wonder how he sounds

No idea what your talking about Tommy is an all American guy

Considering how he reacted when Greg tried speaking French to him, I assume he would freak out if someone tried Polish.

>He's arrogant, but in the best ways. The only kind of arrogance I really like

what do you mean?

Even through the freak out I could see if he understood me or not.

Greg Sestaro is a better actor than Dave Franco. Its actually ridiculous how bad Dave is and it doesn't help that he looks nothing like Greg.

he's an honest filmmaker

>Greg Sestaro is a better actor than Dave Franco
That was actually pretty jarring to me in those side by side comparisons at the end of the movie. It might have had something to do with Dave giving an intentionally bad performance, but Greg's performances are way better.

He’s from Brazil, dumbass.

He is just a character, a Hollywood inside joke.

And Greg was phoning in his preformance in The Room too. Kek

He's proof positive of the power of sheer will power.

He's a semi-competent businessman, at the least. I think that he was a lot closer to normal before his car accident. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's actually brain damaged from the crash.

Tommy is iranian.
I have many iranian friends in L.A and San Francisco. Their accent is just like Tommy's when they speak english.

Reading The Disaster Artist gave me feels. Some of his interactions with Greg,his craving for friendship and what he had to live during his childhood and during his stay in France (if it was true)were really sad.
Though he really acted like a dick to the actors and staff during the creation of the movie

>Why the hell would someone flee from NO to France?

Why indeed. Why would someone flee to the most French city in the United States from France?

>/threading your own post

He owned Street Fashions USA though, there's no denying that.

That and he's possibly doped on painkillers

me too user :3

I understand he was crazy and a dick a lot but I had so many feels just thinking about Tommys need to fit in and make friends.

There might be something to it but he doesn't look Iranian.

He was a criminal that used illegally gained money to make the movie.

how about the more obvious answer? CRIME.

Greg debunks that theory, saying no criminal organization would ever want Tommy in their ranks and that as long as he's known him no FBI agents or police officers have ever questioned him about Tommy. And a criminal would not want to make a movie that's intended to give them more attention.

The real question is, how old is he? He says he’s around 20’s/30’s while making The Room yet no guy that age has wrinkles like that or dies his hair as much as him. I’m thinking he’s in his 40’s/50’s.

Best (F)riends will be Tommykino

According to IMDB, he was born in 1955, so he's 62.

hes 62

He's an alien, isn't it obvious? Either that or an A.I. gone rogue.

The shit he did to Greg gets me especially but I do feel for Tommy. I do hope he's chilled from his Pre-Room craziness