Live for over 50 years

>live for over 50 years
>be a warrior that is constantly attacked by bounty hunters and other shit
>don't kill anyone, ever
>literally 50 years fighting off-screen and still no casualties

This was a major red flag before the actual show started and now I actually understand why everything turned out to be like it is. It's a simple, childish mindset of the creator that doesn't consider the most simple implications that everyone can see (except him). I was trying to ignore it, because episode 1-3 were pretty decent but now it all makes more sense. Jack going back after a major trauma and depression like it was nothing really makes it evident.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aku was able to repair Scaramouche by just using his vision, so apparently throwing together machines is just one of Akus powers. Makes sense he'd go with them instead of having to deal with human henchmen.

Aku has lost all motivation to spite Jack anymore and the only people actively trying to kill him are scientists. Who make robots. Even in the CN episodes he has only encountered a small number of humans, and never killed any of them (inb4 bounty hunters).

I can understand why people don't like season five but at least trying arguing your point without making yourself look like a fucking idiot.

>no casualties
episode 1, 4, 5, 8

>don't kill anyone
episode 2-3

>childish mindset
because cartoons are for mature adults, right?
now go away retard

The point is he never killed a human before the actual show and he made a big thing out of it. 50 years and he never killed anyone.

Begone fool

>a cartoon originally for children makes no sense if you stop and think about it

Well fuck me sideways OP, are you some kind of genius?

>another super logical critique by a very smart person who would have done it better

Not OP, but I actually have an even bigger issue with Aku being so ridiculously overpowered this season. I mean, yeah in the original he could do shit, but not shit like THAT. It really makes one wonder why he doesn't simply overpower Jack and take the sword away without shenanigans.

>made a big deal about it
of course you idiot, when you have fought for 50 years fighting nuts and bolts and then suddenly something you kill spurts blood and is a human. it had challenged his morality, because human=good and aku skum and co = evil
>never killed anyone
the scientist in the earlier season and mountains of robots.
your point is moot.
as i said previously, go away retard.

Because in this season writing is so bad that Aku powers are dependent on his role in the actual episode. Something like in comics, a character is as strong as a writer decides it to be. There is no real reason for Aku to so strong that he can restore Scaramouche from nothing. It was a cheap way to bring him back, that's it.

>in 50 years
>the only thing Jack ever fought was robots

It's like there aren't any humans in this universe lol! It's stupid to assume that actual people can be bounty hunters too, right? Oh right, they wouldn't challenge Jack, why would they...

>>literally 50 years fighting off-screen and still no casualties
>This was a major red flag before the actual show started
The second red flag was Genndy admitting that he forgot The Bounty Hunters episode existed.

>forget about one of the best episodes of the entire show
>uhh oh right this one uuuhhhh aliens lol

i know right?
it is stupid to assume that jack had killed them when the word of god said they're alive.
no one would obviously assume that humans dont exist when jack is one.
no one would assume that he only fought robots, when he clearly was trained by humans during his childhood.
no idiot would deny the word of god, right?
no one could possibly be that stupid to assume that jack only fought robots right?
oh wait...

With or without the 50-year time skip, the premise is still dumb the more you think about it.

>Jack saw that Lone Wolf samurai kill people
>Jack saw his father as a samurai that killed people
>somehow Jack is surprised he as a samurai killed people

When the crew announced this season about Jack killing people, they touted this season as telling a story not really told before in western televised animation. But that wasn't saying much since they lazily throw a lot of elements under the rug to make it happen.

I wonder what was meant to be so special about it. So far it's barely on the level of mediocrity comparing to today's stuff (when it comes to the plot at least).

Your appeal to the word of god doesn't help considering that the development of S5 consisted of skimming through the previous seasons.

theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/

aku is a coward that hates personally dealing with the one thing that could possibly kill him.

and? so? does it invalidate anything?
>theverge
no thanks

>implying that creators don't forget or nonchelantly retcon what happens in their own series
People who read/watched the Dragon Ball series have consistently got on Toriyama's case for disregarding obvious stuff in his own creation since the 80s. Why should Tartakovsky be immune from the same dissension?

If you want to ignore the source of the interview, go ahead. It only makes you look bad and anyone else can see it for themselves.

contrarians are stupid creatures, user

what piccolo being a "demon" or being birthed from an egg wasn't retconned

he is not immune to shitfling as per thread.
I am merely picking apart your logic and evidence.
but you have no choice but to deal with it. there is nothing you can do to about it. so make as much noise as you want but at least make some sense.

>only defense
how embarrassing

Didn't he get over it in like five minutes?

>It's another "I'm mad that my headcanons don't come true" thread

>they touted this season as telling a story not really told before in western televised animation
Silly user and his silly expectations

I fail to see the problem here...

But Genndy literally said that new Samurai Jack is something that was never in western industry before

[citation needed]

Or he fought humans and took them out non-lethally because he's just that kind of guy

and then when he saw the daughters in their black suits and masks moving in unison and kicking his shit in he assumed they must be kill-bots. He was losing his mind at that point, so he's hardly going to put much thought into it which is why he feels so guilty when he sees the blood

>childish mindset
That is the entire point. That has always been the entire point. A simple, child-like story of good vs. evil. A story whose simplicity, naivety, and single-mindedness allowed the focus to be placed on setting, the action, and the interaction.

There has never been any moral complexity in Samurai Jack, just moral purity. The gods literally descended from heaven to assign this task to Jack's dad and he bequeathed it to Jack.

The original Samurai Jack was not for everyone and neither is the new season. But at the same time anyone who disliked the original was a pleb and anyone who dislikes the new season is a pleb. They can't appreciate a good piece of animation because it's not the one THEY would have made.

Why is this such a problem for you? Why do you give a shit about 'no reason for it to happen'? Yeah, guess what, there's no reason for many things in S1-4 to happen. And how exactly can Aku
>simply overpower Jack and take the sword away without shenanigans
with the powers demonstrated this season?

>family of gypsies attack Jack in a dark forest and try to steal his sword

>Jack's first instinct is to slice the mother's face off

>surprised that it's a metal eating robot

Well geez Jack, did you plan to kill her before you knew that?

>you are not allowed to defend yourself, Jack

Gypsies aren't people.

Realism fags are the worst

What you're saying is that there are no good cartoons right?

Everything is shit, user.

One of his first displays of power was opening up a portal and throwing jack to the future.

He has sixth sense to find jack or watch him at anytime.

All of this was before this season. What has he done that is show out there compared to his othr showings?

He doesn't kill humans, he kills monsters, cyborgs and robots

life isn't fair user he did what he needed to do

I beg to differ, user.
(Then again, TTG is sort of its own crappy "new season", but it can easily be ignored at least.)

>lol let's make anime gags and faces the show
>good

Stop reading other people's opinions and actually watch the show.

ashi sucks

I think he meant that the cats and maybe the black guy were aliens

It's pretty shit compared to other DC cartoons at the time(Batman TAS and Beyond, Justice league, Superman TAS etc.)

It's far better than any of those highly overrated "dark" and "mature" shitfests. Enough with this depressing crap, how about just good writing?
Also, "at the time"? It came out after any of those.

Even if your family was killers taking your first life would change you

Even in the original four seasons the majority of things he fought were some kind of machines. That's how they got around the issue of killing things. If they weren't they were never shown to die.

It's not that hard to understand and just shows that you are just trying as hard as possible to find anything about this season to hate.

This was my favorite episode as a kid. Loved the brutal and dark ending. Jack straight up murdered those guys.

Jack literally talks with himself about how he just killed his first human you fucking retard

The thing thats pissing me off has been the missing of an actual bombastic and rememberable soundtrack and jack talking WAAAAAY too much

What most people fail to realize is that Old jack just never brought up the issue of killing humans but it was deffinitly implied that he would only kill in self deffense (the first time he killed robots he didnt even knew that they were robots they looked like living beings and still attacked them) but now with season 5 it has been retconned to him never having a killed a living being before

read the fucking post, you waste of space.
where the fuck did you learn your reading comprehension from?
don't ever reply to my post again.

seems like you dont read your own post when you say that he killed someone in the earlier seasons but then also say how ashi was his first human in the same fucking post you fucking moutbreathing retard

>I have a big issue with a literal cosmic horror being so ridiculously overpowered
ok
it's still not like he's a threat to jack, he has to use underhanded tactics to defeat him every time

ITS

A

CARTOON