"I may have gone too far."

>reminder the media is en masse copypasting negative articles on The Phantom Menace to damage control The Last Jedi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg
youtube.com/watch?v=rTt96XbxMHs&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
paulgraham.com/submarine.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So we're at the "bargaining" stage of grief, right?

subhumans will defend disney

george went too far by making wotto blatantly antisemitic in AOTC. it was only subtly antisemitic in TPM but he couldnt help himself

Holy fucking shit, The Phantom Menace released in '99 what the fuck is Disney doing? I mean seriously this can't be some conspiracy theory, why are they bashing TPM out of nowhere????!?!

Anyone also notice that when TFA came out, RotS score went down from 83% to 79% out of nowhere?

>jews jewing on behalf of disney jews to attack a 20 year old movie of the series creator hoping it somehow makes their pile of shit look less bad
i'm so sick of jews

I'm just wondering how is this news, why are there so many articles highlighting a fucking scene in a DVD special feature that was already memed in RLM?

Why can they not just accept that the movie they released was subpar? Even though they've lost a lot of fans at this point, why can't they just promise us a better one? Why go through all of these things except actually apologize?
I don't understand, Sup Forums.

Trying to divert negative attention away from TLJ

honestly the world makes alot more sense if you just assume everything is an evil jewish conspiracy

This is actually disgusting

>20 years old "news"

>It was the RUSSIANS!
>It was the ALT-RIGHT!
>It was the RACISTS!
>It was WHITE MEN!
>It was MISOGYNISTS!
>It was ANGRY NERDS!
>It was TRUMP SUPPORTERS!
>It was PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was Sup Forums!
>It was REDDIT!
>It was WEEABOOS!
>It was PREQUEL DEFENDERS!
>It was DISNEY HATERS!
>It was REY HATERS!
>It was ROSE HATERS!
>It was HOLDO HATERS!
>It was the HOLIDAY SEASON!
>"People hated Empire back then, too!"
>"Dividing the fanbase was intentional!"
>"It did something DIFFERENT!!!"
>"I love how it subverted expectations!"
>"It made me rethink my views on life!"
>"It emphasized muh diversity/inclusiveness/feminist quota!"
>"It was an 'intellectual' film!"
>"It made some people uncomfortable. GOOD!"
>"It was expected to not make much money anyway!"
>"lulz it's just a movie turn your brain off!"
This is the most damage controlled Star Wars movie I've seen since any of the Prequels. The Disney shills are in desperation mode, and it's hilarious what lengths they'll go to. I haven't seen this much shilling since Hillary's failed campaign.
No amount of self-reassurance will EVER "fix" this movie. It was a complete abomination, and the defenders know that deep down in their hearts.
Disney's nuWars was made to pander to SJWs, and it is this very pandering that will ultimately destroy the franchise at some point in the near future. Deal with it.

>"I may have gone too far"
Meanwhile you can see disney already double down in their cancer. What a contrast.

I can't handle this shit
Somebody rec me a hobby that won't make me antisemitic

better to fly too close to the sun, than to never get off the ground you know what I mean?

Welding

Ty
Maybe if I'm lucky I'll burn my house down and exit this cold cruel world

The Prequels are flat garbage only worshipped by mouthbreathers.

But this news is so fucking old it's just in bad taste. Hell you can actually see him say this in the Plinkett reviews.

>It was the RUSSIANS!

>just reminded that that actually was the very first tactic they used
what is it with the left and blaming russia?

lmao exactly, but you should do that after you kill Kathleen Kennedy, you'll be going as a hero.

>Hell you can actually see him say this in the Plinkett reviews.

Because it's on the behind the scenes extras on the DVD, which came out in 2005. The media outlets literally got it from there.

It's not a new interview with him where he says that.

>Prequels are flat garbage
they are what they are, but they are a million times better than the capeshit and sjw wars shit of today

If you stop thinking of Leftism as a political ideology and start thinking of it as a religion, many things start making a lot more sense. Every religion needs its Satan, its devil, its antichrist. Ever since their goddess Hillary lost to a political first-timer--something their sacred dogma tells them could not have possibly happened--they have made Russia into that devil. Now they have an excuse: Hillary wasn't a shit candidate, she only lost because the Devil made it happen.

Actually, Plinkett is one of Disney's premier investigative reporters concerning the Star Wars franchise.

>Plinkett
go back

I had to check the dates on these to make sure they weren't years and years ago. Why is this only making headlines now? It was already brought up years ago in the Plinkett review of Phantom Menace.

disney shills on the attack hoping it somehow makes their pile of garbage look less bad

they have completely shit on everything and everyone that made star was special

Media collusion is so transparent these days

Wow George is /ourguy/

It was America's old enemy in the Cold War, surely people still give a shit about that.

Oy vey

this

You want to know a cool news trick?

Wait until you hear something about the holocaust or some tragic past antisemitism inexplicably out of nowhere in the news. Then go check on the Israel/Palestine news.

Actually the Soviet Union was our old enemy in the Cold War.

Same difference

No, not at all. When the Cold War was actually happening the left gave them their full support.

The leftists all said Russia was America's friend just in the previous election

youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

They made fun of Sarah Palin forever for saying Russia was still a threat, SNL ran with the "I can see Russia from my house!" shtick for fucking years etc.

What happened?

In that case, you should say the Soviet Union's enemy was NATO.

It's completely ridiculous to take that comment as "Lucas knew it was shit" in the first place

Every director will say they went too far in a few places after watching the rough cut of their films. That's why it's a rough cut.

this

You know what's creepy to me? When whoever/whatever runs the media decides to do one of these major lane changes in the narrative I often find it real hard to remember how it was before the shift.

poor luke. i just want to hug him and tell him it's not his fault.

>I often find it real hard to remember how it was before the shift.
that's an indicator of brainwashing, user :(

Have you ever read 1984? ....

We were always at war with eurasia. Goldstien. Two minute hate. Doublethink. War is peace.

It wasnt a joke. People just believe whatever authority figures tell them. And since the Jews are born hypocrites, it comes as second nature.

They preach against sexual violence all day long while raping their shiska stars.

lmao they are as well, Disney is fucking repugnant

One trilogy made him into a hero. Another made him into a villain. But little did anyone know there were larger powers at stake. He tried to save us, youtube.com/watch?v=rTt96XbxMHs&t= but we didn't try to save him.

What a smug, deceitful, hate filled asshole. I must have literally been out of my goddamn mind when I voted for him.

they should remade the last jedi, it will be cheaper and more efficient

There wasn't as much pedo-hysteria in the 80's.George is right, 15 is edgelord, 17 nobody cares.

got any proof of this buckaroo

>There wasn't as much pedo-hysteria in the 80's
probably because half the people working in media were pedos

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
accept da mystery

why are they both chimping out?

Unlike now?

Now they're all virtuous pedos (aka too scared to act on it)

what episode is the laughing haman gif from?

because there is a machine of PR humming alone below the surface of all media.
paulgraham.com/submarine.html

holy shit, enough of the shilling faggot

Because a lot of folks didn't like it and TFA was the kind of star wars movie they wanted before the prequels.

Man, I was off the internet for a week.
The spin just kept going. Sup Forums was the last one I heard being blamed.

I still liked it and I'm not any of those things you say it panders toward. Deal with it.

>TFA was the kind of star wars movie they wanted before the prequels

They're trying everything to shift the narrative. Remember before Ep VII when everyone said it just had to be better than the prequels? Well, at this point, a lot of regular people are beginning to think that the prequels were better, more enjoyable movies. Disney NEEDS to reestablish the narrative that, even if they're not the best, at least they're better than the prequels.

Just check Rotten Tomatoes for recent reviews. The Phantom Menace score has dropped a TON since it's initial score on RT thanks to an large influx of ratings from 2008 onward.

I really wish RT would let users filter reviews and receive an aggregate over a set time period.

>The Phantom Menace score has dropped a TON since it's initial score on RT thanks to an large influx of ratings from 2008 onward
combination of mr plinket numale faggots and sjw/disney shills

Rian Johnson: "Hold my beer."

Attack of hte clones is mah favereite stah wahs

TOURN OYUR BREN OFF

This has been widely known for decades, what the fuck?
>Foxnews
>Express

Who the fuck is paying these mainstream outlets for the hitpieces?

you know (((who)))

I don't get this, Luke is kinda broken, yet Leia is Superman?

>This has been widely known for decades, what the fuck?
>>Foxnews
>>Express

Got to get in good with the new boss.

that's actually really good insight

(((globalists)))

possible that many people rewatch or watched for the first time the star wars saga in preparation for episode 7, and that most objective people not blinded by nostalgia or fandom of star wars could see that although RotS was the best prequel it really wasnt that good.

Also how autistic are you that you monitor RT scores this closely

I mean I rewatched the prequels for the first time after 10 years after watching Rogue One and they actually stood up really well and were all probably 8-9/10s. And I didn't like them previously - this was the first time I watched them with an open mind.

What happens is one fairly big news source probably published an article on it then many other news sources jumped on it in hopes for some more clicks for ad revenue. This is how modern day journalism works user, the title is a very attractive one and all these news sources are just businesses that want to generate the most profit they can.

>and were all probably 8-9/10s
Poe's law in effect here

>that webm
Link to video?

The worst part is that it isn’t anything George said recently. They’re literally pulling a quote out of the special features of TPM.

it's infuriating

I'm talking about critic scores.

Haha. They think damage control will work. I can talk openly with random normies about how un-progressive TLJ is now, that it stereotypes characters and uses cheap tricks to to move the story along.

The fallout for this is worse than for mass effect 3. And people still complain about it daily.

Disney is buying up rights to try and keep shareholder confidence high, but they're spread thin. They're laying of a ton of staff. Netflix is destroying them.

Serves Disney right. That's what Hollywood gets for employing rich kid directors with minimal talent.

It's almost like Russia is run by a rightwinger now

>old plinkett meme becomes news headline

>now
This is weak bait, even for Sup Forums

What are you doing going to see Star Wars in anything other than 4DX ITS STAR WARS
How unamerican culturally depraved can you be ITS STAR WARS
Video Games Comics Clothing Music Religion Holidays Parties
What Are You Doing going to see it in a REGULAR THEATER when its available in a theater with HDsound Lighting Effects MOVING CHAIRS with pieces that punch through during action scenes air guns that shoot past your face waternozzles that IRL shoots water and mist at your face wind machines in the theater and SMELLS.

ITS A TRIP TO DISNEY LAND IN YOUR OWN CITY FOR $30

>ITS A TRIP TO DISNEY LAND IN YOUR OWN CITY FOR $30
I've seen it 6 times!

So can you really say the bad reputation of the prequels is just all my fault now? hmm?

I want to fucking kill that faggot Rian so much.

Even if you didn't like TLJ, you should be happy that it wasn't some scientifically tested crowd pleaser like most Disney-controlled properties.

A small but vocal minority spoke up about star wars 8 and probably ruined the franchise for good, going forward we'll get a series of scientifically bland TFA clones.

The face of a man wishes for a stroke.

>it wasn't some scientifically tested crowd pleaser
Are you high? These 3 films have pandered to the nth degree... the problem is they took it too far and now there's backlash.