Why does Disney have the comic licenses split between IDW (specifically stuff related to the Duck and Mouse comics...

Why does Disney have the comic licenses split between IDW (specifically stuff related to the Duck and Mouse comics, as well as a comic based off of the Tangled cartoon) and Joe Books instead of having Marvel do everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

featherysociety.proboards.com/thread/326/classic-disney-comic-solicitations-july?page=2
duckavenger.blogspot.mx/p/download-links.html
duckbanker.blogspot.mx/p/comic-download-links.html.
bankingtheduck.blogspot.mx/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Marvel doesn't want to do kid comics anymore.

Marvel doesn't give a shit about Disney and Joe Books is dead. They're literally dying after their last few Cinestory comics. They canned Darkwing Duck and I believe all of their other movie based comics because of poor management. It's over for them. Of course, when you sell nothing but literal screenshots of movies and call them "comics", what do you expect?

In terms of IDW they're on the edge with the Disney licenses. Due to printing costs they're canning Duck Avenger after issue #5 and Walt Disney's Comics & Stories is becoming quarterly.

Honestly, Disney should start up their own publisher for the mascot comics. They have enough money, whereas the smaller publishers always struggle. It's been a mess in America in recent years and I feel we're just going to see them switching publishers every 3-4 years now.

Look at Marvels recent catalog of quality and ask that question again.

They save money not having to publish them, plus they get license money. All in all I mostly like the division. Marvel wouldn’t have localized PKNA and wouldn’t have done great collections like Fanta does with the Barks and Gottfredson books.

They're canning Duck Avenger? WTF? It's never been translated and everyone took the scanlations down when it was licensed.

>they're canning Duck Avenger after issue #5
Source?

It's currently suspended because said printing costs- it basically is in profit, but by a very low margin.

That said, how the hell is printing so expensive in the USA? American floppies are overpriced by comparison in basically every other country.

featherysociety.proboards.com/thread/326/classic-disney-comic-solicitations-july?page=2

>Sadly, rising paper costs have been a problem for us since last fall, and necessitated us to put a hold on DUCK AVENGER at least for the time being—a severe disappointment to Jon Gray and myself, not to mention the rest of our team. We genuinely loved bringing PKNA to the English speaking world; we had wanted to do it for many years (and couldn't, until now, because the original PK continuity had to be established first); and I personally think Jon's PKNA translations/localizations rank with his very best Disney work.

>Other titles are affected too, but I'll need to wait till certain decisions are made before I can tell you more. All of this takes place independently of DUCKTALES, by the way (sorry, Fritz—maybe, like Launchpad himself, the brand has a knack for showing up at a difficult time, but that doesn't make it the cause!).

>Other titles are affected too,

Just Disney?

Yup. As I mentioned before, Walt Disney's Comics & Stories is becoming quarterly and I believe Uncle Scrooge is the only series safe and continuing monthly. About the other titles, I don't know. They may switch between Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck every month. We'll have to wait until the August solicitations, which shouldn't be a long wait.

Green laws. A lot of the laws meant to protect the enviroment are just taxes on regular shit factories do that don't actually do anything for the enviroment.

weird, given basically even the greener countries have cheaper printing costs.

>Oh well, that mean the scanlations will be posted again.
>The blog has been eliminated.
FUUUUUUUUUK.

What exactly do you mean, by greener?

Greater forested areas? Then it would implies they have a greater mean of production for wood in the first place so they can produce enough to accommodate their demand locally, its more a question of proper management than environment protection.

I still can see it

duckavenger.blogspot.mx/p/download-links.html

I was talking about duckbanker.blogspot.mx/p/comic-download-links.html.
Which has some stuffs from last year and was the original translator (I think), thanks anyway. I`ll download what I can.

Ah, he has a new one.

bankingtheduck.blogspot.mx/

>IDW has the license for the Tangled TV Show comic
>Joe Books did a cinestory comic based off of Before Ever After

Thanks a lot user.

I think it says something how the only non-disney comics fans to hear about Joe Books are Star vs Fans urging people to buy the star comic so we can get the later 4 issues