LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW

LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who was in the wrong here?

A few things that irk me about this scene

1.) Any old guy just grabbing a walkie talkie and yelling to launch the missile, causing a man to press the button on the sub, wouldn't happen. It violates all aspects of the nuclear command authority which existed even in the 1950s

2.) The sub that is said to launch the missle is the USS Nautilius, which came into service after the year in which the movie takes place

3.) The USS Nautilus didn't have ICBM's until well after the movie took place

man this movie's climax is intense as fuck. seeing the giant transform into a killing machine and blow up tanks was really visceral to see as a kid. plus all the townspeople realizing they're about to die

giant alien robots don't exist

What the fuck was his problem

>Guy who nukes himself because he's an insecure little bitch that wants to be seen as a hero and then thinks he can outrun the nuke in a jeep
vs
>Guy who was going to nuke himself, solely for the good of his people, had the wisdom to at least assess the situation before giving the order, had the choice taken out of his hand (literally) and then still proceeded to take it like a man, knowing he'll perish in nuclear fire, but being ready for it, knowing his men need a strong example to look to, for comfort in their final moments
Gee I wonder.

I rewatched it so many times as a kid, such a great film.

The most kino scene in a kids movie.

fpbp

They do exist and I can prove it.

>Literally the greatest portrayal of Superman.

I thought all this was explained in the first 10 minutes when we found out you're a total fagget

Okay, take a nap...

>white male
You just know

Yeah I agree we need someone to play villain but it shouldn't be the military every time.

Why doesn't he just zap the missile with laser?

but the military wasn't the villain, they were actually portrayed as reasonable people and it was the shady government agency fuck who was smeared

Is she to blame for my mommy fetish?

The Nautilus never carried anything other than torpedoes. The first Navy missile boat (carrying the Regulus I) was the USS Tunny which went on first combat patrol in 1957.

Yea this movie is really inaccurate. I don't think a giant robot ever at a power substation in Maine either!

Post your face when you saw this for the first time.

>tfw Giant will eventually put himself back together and return to hogarth, only to give the entire town cancer due to being highly radiated
Kent did nothing wrong.

That's what I just say. I like Iron Giant because it showed the military in relatively positive light and it's a government agent who did it

Brad Bird always has top tier themes in his films.

>tfw no marching giant
youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894