Why did Disney act like Phasma would be cool?

>They literally threw this character in the trash
>All they did for the sequel was call her mean names and then make her fall down again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P2PtoWbNsaI
youtube.com/watch?v=_cDA9JiRerM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Female Bobba Fett

She'll be back in Episode IX with one blind eye & a hell of a scar

Rian just hated JJ's ideas, and wanted to burn the star wars rulebook.

>"She's Star Wars' first female villain. It's incredible, it's timely, and I'm very proud to be a part of it." ―Gwendoline Christie on her portrayal of Phasma
>Betrays everyone, thrown in the trash, bullied

At least Boba managed to track Solo and bring him to Jabba. He succeeded twice.
Phasma has done nothing but fail.

Read the comics, the novelisation as well as watching our tv series and playing the video game and you'll see how awesome she is, goy.

>Thrown into the trash
>To hell with her (Dropped into a firey pit)
Man, I guess she'll be thrown under a bus in EP9

Overinflating Boba's worth. He still dies like an idiot.

She just gets her ass beat by her subordinate in

Every moment of Phasma's screentime is Boba's death, though.
Fett had a single idiot moment whereas every winking moment of Phasma's life is idiocy.

But she isn't even IN the new Battlefront campaign! Either of them!

>You are a bug in the system
>Let's go, chrome dome
Who the fuck thought that this was a good idea?

So you'd give them money and buy the toys.

JUST BUY THE FUCKING TOYS

>Defeated by a janitor
>Twice
Such elite

Phasma expansion pack will be out in 2018, goy. Only $29.95.

Why would I buy the toys of a worthless failure?
Jango did cool shit like fist fight Obi-wan and kill Jedi. Phasma got thrown in the trash. Which toy would I rather buy?

Boba may or may not be dead in the new canon, they've left it ambiguous, perhaps because they want a possibility of a Boba Fett movie set after ROTJ

Based EA fulfilling my emotional needs

Star Wars dialogue went from wannabe shakespearean straight down into saturday morning ninja turtles.

HEY CHROME DOME THIS IS SALT PAGE TURNERS THEY WERE NOT SEE YA AROUND KID

*throws lightsaber over shoulder*
Sorry, I had to settle a union dispute with some crystal critters and...your mother?

its so dumb they could have just had the set up be they needed her "thumb print" or "access card" to shut down the shield and then have chewie knock her out.
also she should have been the one to fight finn instead of that dude who yelled "TRAITOR".

I like the shiney armor but besides that, instantly forgettable.
And in no way do we know it was a woman by just watching the movie.

Why did they make Finn out to be a suave masculine new leading hero when he turned out to be a sweaty cowardly bumbling sidekick Ministerial stereotype>

she has a female voice but basically since its a male costume and the helmet always stays on...it could just a woman doing voice over work. not sure why voud go out of your way to hire a meme tall actress just to have her dub her in costume the entire time.

She is a completely wasted character, diversity bs? Absolutely. Could have been decent but they didn't even try.
I just want to know why everyone thinks she's dead? I mean I saw the movie I watched the scene, but was that really solid evidence she is dead?

It should be but she survived the planet she was on getting blown up after being thrown in a trash compactor so I consider my expectations subverted.

>first female villain
Fake news. Jesus Christ fuck nuwars

Subverting expectations

Their fight scene, short as it was, was leaps and bounds better than the reylo fight.

Morale of Phasma
>so u think u get a stronk womyn role model now little girls? too bad she white, belongs to trash, killed by nigger twice! fuck you whiteis!

remember when that guard got fucking chopped up by a turbine? in the movie with porgs?

Exactly, I really don't think her story is done. Did people think she died after TFA? If so I missed it.

what the fuck was the point of her beyond selling toys. why not have her do something interesting if she HAS to be in the film. she went down like a jobber twice to finn who's basically a retard and a janitor

It looks like Team Phasma's blasting off again!

>Boba Fett solo movie
>Hes old
>Hes just doing his job
>Gets into bigger trouble
All I want, but knowing Disney they will hire some 19yo twink name it Boba Fett: Homecoming and make him quipmaster of Star Wars.

Jango is prequel stuff though, and by law you are supposed to denounce all things prequel. I don't care if you remember other parts of episode 2, the only part worth remembering is the cringey monologue about sand, the rest of the movie doesn't matter, bad or good.

Phasma is even boring in her own comic, she does kill a more interesting character though

Yea, thats the difference. Boba fett is just a bounty hunter scum in ESB. He at least fires his weapon at the hero in ESB. Phasma never attacks anyone in TFA. She just walks around and gets dunked.

If they don't want to do anything with her, they should at least give her a final jobbing scene in IX to finish her off for good.

am I forgetting someone or is it true she's the first "villain" in the films?

With the helmet?

REMINDER that she won the melee fight with Finn and the only reason he defeated her is because he snuck up on her while her back was turned, just like how niggers fight in real life.

Ah yes, the comics.

A fucking blaster isn't drop safe?

Yeah, but Boba was cool. Most importantly he looked cool. That was the reason he became so popular, despite what anyone may claim, he looked cool.
Phasma is a silver storm trooper with a cape. That's not cool, that's laxy design and boring. Just like everything about the ST, from the aliens to the planets to the ships.

You meanto say that i am supposed to acknowledge nu SW by kathleen kennedy instead? Ill stick to the prequels thanks

Prequel>>>>>>nu sw

She has less impact and less screentime across two movies as that shapeshifter from episode II does. She was female, and agruably a villain.

Don't forget this child molester.

His armor should save him from immediate death and his grenades, blaster, flamethrower may save him.

>TFW was only excited for TFA because of her

>TFW was so certain she'd finally be badass in TLJ

>TFW your post likely the reason all this has been denied me

Fuck kikes so hard. Gwen is such a precious cinnamon roll. she deserved so much more.

Now I want to read her stupid comics just to learn about TN-3465 because she looks cute in the pic you posted.

No no he looked cool AND sounded cool
>He's no good to me dead
>What if he dies?! He's worth a lot to me!
He snarled these at Darth fucking Vader and got away with it. Plus in his introduction Vader said, "No disintegrations this time" so you know he's a loose cannon who's worked with Vader before and gone off the books and gotten away with it.

The absolute state of star wars right now

Stunning and brave “reinvigorating”

>that pic
Don't most comics balance out their really intelligent MC by making them nerdy, beta, anti-social, or something like that?

>Exactly, I really don't think her story is done.
Wow, can't wait to see her brought back to be defeated yet another time.

>implying tlj even attempted subtext

Comics don't really "balance out" anyone outside of barely keeping the world in tact (for the most part)

I didn't imply that though, I was talking about ESB.

Admit it, you're gonna get a raging Christie boner as soon as she says FN-2187 out of nowhere in IX.

I could actually see it coming full circle with the female Fett stuff and it turns out the FO was using clones, with Phasma being one of the individuals they chose to clone. Includes Phasma line about FN-2187 being too inferior to even consider cloning.

>runs from danger when he feels unable to do anything but die heroically
>"cowardly"

You gotta cut this shit out or white boys will never be allowed to be protagonists again.

>send able-bodied men to fight WW2
>but only if you're white
>wonder why white boys are all faggots and black guys are all professional basketball players

No one is trying to make white men go extinct. They're doing it to themselves with stupidity.

God, I wish that was me

JUST FUCKING BUY THE GAME.

That also happening after they said they'd fucking fix her.

Reminder of what Kathleen fucking Kennedy lied about two years ago,

>But you won't see Phasma tapping out after being carelessly knocked into a sarlacc pit like a wobbly toddler. Kennedy has big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the next movie. "She's an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word."

What a lying piece of shit.

>chrome dome

No matter the youtube.com/watch?v=P2PtoWbNsaI that's a fucking lie.

Ben really loved his dropkicks, didn't he

Using her and then not making her a giant Mandalorian is such a missed opportunity. And I am totally opposed to shoehorning females, that I would have liked. It wouldn't have felt forced like so much of their other bullshit

Also, while Phasma's chrome design would do well on a toy, that it's perfect and unscratched really doesn't do much to make her out as anything but a whimp. Meanwhile Boba had armor with scratches all over, had Wookie braids supposedly like he'd started to go native collecting scalps (reminder that Boba was initially designed as space Clint Eastwood).

Phasma looks like you're usual "durr fight for me you retards" military man. Boba was an actual bounty hunter so confident he dared talk to the black robot guy.

More like............

BOOBA...............

Fett........... Heh

>character progshits and fashlords alike like and want to succeed

>into le trash

Why did they make such a retarded decision?

Boba Fett died like a chump, nor do you really see him do anything beyond get his rocket pack fucked up and launch him into an alien mouth.

Like Boba Fett, Phasma's overall story is gonna be in the books/comics and not the mainline movies.

I disagree. She's presented as the highest ranking soldier. Her gear can be properly maintained and serviced so it always looks new. That I don't have a problem with. But they wasted her character.

We literally see him mouth off to the second most powerful being in the galaxy with zero repercussions.

Shouldn't Vader respect him thematically? He did have Vader's Fist and all that

wowee zowee he can talk good for a moment

He tracked Solo. He captured Solo.

She was this generations General Grievous

>played up in the animated shorts as some robotic Jedi-killer that can go 6v1 and win
>a complete joke in the movies

This is what Disney thinks they are doing. But they are soulless retards so they don't understand that Fett was not invented to sell merchandise or comic books, he was a minor character invented for the plot who became popular and then the extra stuff came from that. Mouskowitz only sees the dollar signs and thinks he can imitate what happened before by going down a checklist, but even the most small-souled of bugmen know something is missing.

And we never saw any of it.

And didn't Lando set him up with a dinner date with Vader, which is ultimately how he got captured?

This, phasma has the money and logistic connections of a defacto imperial superpower. Fett was a space bum wearing armor with sentimental value. That being said fett was a genuine, neat character that people flocked to on their own. Phasma is calculated nerd bait that fell way short of the mark. A gimmick

i want to shaft captain phasma

Yeah we fucking did you nigger. You literally see from the Slave I cockpit's point of view Boba tagging and tracking the milennium falcon.
ESB ends on the cliffhanger of Boba winning and capturing Solo.
Stop trying to be a fucking retard.

Wow that sounds so bad ass and cool, thanks Randy.

"No disintegration this time"

i want Phasma to dominate me

Yes, it is fucking awesome, he's employed by Darth Vader out of all the bounty hunters to track Han. He sneaks up on him and tracks him without being noticed. He's the only reason Vader got to Lando first and made a deal. The entire fucking cliffhanger of Empire Strikes Back is that Boba Fett won. The entire set up to The Last Jedi is dealing with how Boba Fett one upped all the heroes and they need to get back at him.
Are you mentally impaired? Are you a child?

It's bait pham. Ignore him.

Fuck you soy dont you dare make a trailer park boys refrence to insult user as wise as

It shows it in the film, and Vader is only there because Fett told him to show up because he tracked Solo there.
youtube.com/watch?v=_cDA9JiRerM

pay up

Grievous first apparence was in the Gendy wars,Phasma first appareance was in the movie, one got nerfed very bad and the other got yaaayyyslayyqueen powers

You're literally retarded. If he didn't "die" (which it's likely he didn't, mandalorian armor was found near the sarlacc), he would've fucking blasted Luke's stupid head off. Really think that's a wise choice? He was originally going to be the big bad of Star Wars but George Lucacs cucked out and just did shitty writing. Daily reminder that Boba Fett is Jabba's right hand man, successfully tracked down the ship that the entire Empire couldn't find, successfully negotiated with Vader and threatened him.

>mandalorian armor was found near the sarlacc
In nu-canon or in EU stuff?
Because he defintly escaped in the EU. Didn't he hellp train one of the solo-skywalker kids? The girl IIRC?

Canon, Mandalorian armor was found. No body, but the Mandalorian armor was melted to Hell

Was this in a book or something?
I'll be honest, after the disney buyout I stopped paying attention to the new stuff.
The last thing we need is disney messing up Boba.

phasma was cool for the few seconds when it was a man in the suit stunt fighting with finn