Admit, you liked it

Admit, you liked it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wDw9H2h3rsI
youtube.com/watch?v=x3Rn6TX6wAc
youtube.com/watch?v=xt9wKkYKC1Q&list=PLohYzz4btpaTP-_w__UC9XExnb8WBjkTv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ya its kino. Adult fairy tales are what del taco mastered

I did like it. I just didn't know it was gonna be a fucking romance. For once maybe I shouldn't have avoided spoilers so rabidly.

I saw so much of the same direction as from Pan's Labyrinth. It was awesome.

I did but I didn't feel like she interacted enough with him to fall in love

She jerks off in water every morning. She's absolutely thirsty for some of that fishy cock. Also she fed him a lot of eggs

damn...

Really wasn’t that impressed... creature from the black lagoon was pretty lame

DUDE INTERRACIAL DEGENERACY IS FINE LMAO the movie

What's wrong with interracial dating?

mermen stealing all our women

Interspecies, jackass. It also showed black men being lazy and unhelpful.

In the movie yes its interspecies but the agenda is so obvious you can see it from space.

Sure, just by looks alone it was a good movie.

Had some pacing issues and kind of extraneous side plot stuff that could have been cut out, but overall it was an entertaining plot with a nice ending, I'm not above watching cute romance shit from time to time.

>2018
>we still don't have an Alien movie with a similar premise to the shape of water

I want see a human male fuck a sexy xenomorph already.

his best since Pan's Labyrinth

A fish man who eats only hardboiled eggs and cats, must live in water filled with chemicals and salt, and is also completely fantasy unrelated to real life is agenda...how?

seen Splice?

I heard there's a great titty dump in this. Is it true?

Is it out though?
I wasn't really into the Swamp Thing as a kid but maybe it all flew over head at the time..

I'll give this version a try

It's this year's Avatar.

Amazing filmmaking, godawful predictable story

Yes

You may have brain problems if the crew of accomplices being a homosexual, a black, and a communist wasn't enough tip you off that the movie had a political stance.

Implying people who aren’t white aren’t human. You do know furries and nerds exist. Inter species fantasies have been a nich for years. Del Toro just took advantage of the progressive climate to push it main stream.

Also if race is so important reminder anime cat girls aren’t white because they are part animal. Sorry racial purists.

stop replying to pol

Does it actually show him eating the cat? I don't want to see a movie where a cat dies on-screen.

>godawful predictable story
That's my only beef with the movie. At no point did I think or expect a twist and I wasn't surprised. It's really just an elaborate happy fairy tale formula.

yes the first scene of the movie is a full front and back masturbation sequence.

Not that user, but aside from the main romance plot shit it's clearly got a "fuck conservative white men since they're all horrible bigots".

Strickland is basically just the easiest guy to dislike in the movie from a social perspective, again, he's the whole 'conservative white religious nutjob' stereotype, he throws in racist lines every now and again ((the whole 'we were created in the lords image, well, maybe the lord would look more like me than you' while talking to Zelda thing)), he treats the fishman like a lab rat and basically just wants it dead so he can get transferred somewhere else, even when he's told multiple times that the thing is sapient.
He's also generally a creepy sex pervert despite everything since he's attracted to the fact that Eliza can't talk and wants to hear her shitty non-voice squawking during sex.

Is it just me or was Jenkins character kind of pointless? I feel like there would've been a larger emotional impact if she had been living alone.

It's Okay to be Mixed-Race

>It's really just an elaborate happy fairy tale formula.
Is this really necessarily a bad thing though? Cliches exist for a reason.

>homosexual
Brought up once, then never again. Man is alone for a reason. He's also an artist. Artsy, male...yea.
>a black,
Poor black women were and are typically cleaners. Big woop.
>and a communist
He helped in ONE scene, and only because of his scientific specimen preserving leanings.

>Not wanting to fuck a fishperson

C'mon user, you never have to worry about going bald

Reminder the commie was a traitor and a murder. He killed an innocent man at the lab to help the creature escape. He also sold them all out just as he was about to die. Not a good role model.

Yea. Really gorey too. It got decatitated.

Sad, guess I can't see this. Nice pun though.

Nice.

(And I don't mean the cat dying)

It's dead by the time they show it. Dumb cat hissed at a large predator, had it coming

Strickland is just a stand in for "big mean G-man". They're all like that in practically every movie. He's abusive, shallow, and thinks only about how a situation can make him look good .It isn't a new character. I wanted to reach oit and grab one of his lime candies.

There's no racial element to the movie. The film's statement was one against stifling social conventions the forbid people from expressing themselves and feeling comfortable as who they are. Much as Strickland is a monster, he's also tragic in the sense that he's trapped in a hell of unfulfillment and self-denial in order to project a ideal image that he nor anyone else can actually achieve, to the extent that he continues to wear his rotting dismembered fingers in order to remain 'normal'.

The Shape of Reddit

well it was the 60's. Not that much of a stretch to have a character like that exist, and Michael Shannon does a great job of making you hate him so thats all that should matter in the end

>to the extent that he continues to wear his rotting dismembered fingers in order to remain 'normal'.
I cringed hard when he rips them off. Body horror gets me badly.

They show the fishman holding the cat just after he's finished eating its head.

It's a pretty quick scene though and you can see it coming, so you could just close your eyes or something.

How rare is it to be born mute? I don't think I've ever met a mute person.

>tfw worked on the vfx for this film and its up for an oscar

fuck you Sup Forums

Of course I paid to see it twice I never do that

The Reddit of Water

She wasn't born mute, the cuts on her throat were how she lost her vocal chords when she was a baby, though I don't think it was explained who cut her or why.

>born
Did you not watch the film, bitch tits?

she wasn't born mute. she was maimed as an infant .did you watch the movie

>woman on male monster
TRASH
R
A
S
H

Ahh, a Del Taco 'white men are evil' movie.

Retarded spinster falls in love with illegal immig... creature and saves him with help from her black bff and her gay neighbor from evil white men with power.

A SJW trash take on beauty and the beast, only thing that made it bearable was the great acting despite such boring stereotype characters.

did you get a good whiff of sally hawkins' feet?

they were gills. they were always there. she can't talk because she's a mermaid not because she was cut by someone

Fish face made those scars into gills

no

but I can say she isn't really naked in the movie its a body suit / body double.

there were a few shots of her bringing a squeaky rubber ducky to him in his pool.

>that scene where the light focuses on her and she says "you'll never know how much I love you"
And yet Meryl Streep will probably win a fourth oscar for playing herself

>but I can say she isn't really naked in the movie its a body suit / body double.
Shame. She's pretty in a normal kind of way. Pleasant body. A real good 3 on the beer scale.

So it really isn't Sally Hawkins ass we're seeing? Disappointing but not unexpected.

That's never stated, they only turn into gills at the end.

So did they fuck or not?

That image is great. The artist didn't tack on boobs, the tail and legs are actually arranged properly, and the exoskeleton isn't some sort of latex-coated flesh.

lol the song and dance number

have you seen the movie?

I also thought she was secretly non-human. Fishman was shown to have regenerative powers, but I don't think he ever actually created something new.

Yeah. She mentions his dick popping out

Regardless of whether you thought the movie was bad or not, if you felt nothing while watching it then you have no heart

Yes, off screen unfortunately. But she gossips about it with her black friend at work. Apparently the creatures dick is in some sort of retractable vagina that can open and close.

They do, on multiple occasions, you just don't really see it.

it worked imo.
For the record the planetarium scene in La La Land fell flat for me.

>
soyboy

He's literally explained to be a god, feels like the gill thing isn't too outlandish for him.

In an interview Guillermo calls Eliza a mermaid, but it's metaphorical. The cuts on her throat are just cuts, not gills, until the end.

>unfortunately
A sex scene with Freddy Fish would have ruined this film.

No.

Well fuck that then. I could give two shits about the social commentary -- I'm just here for the Lovecraftian sex.

Well then you suck because they were both fabulous

It's the only animal I feel bad about dying, I really don't give a shit about people or even dogs dying, but cats hold a special place in my heart.

t. soyboy

>or even dogs
The cat poo parasite got him!

Just because a movie includes something doesn't mean that it thinks it's okay.

>has to use the toilet
I can't imagine the horror

RIP MP murdered by a Russian spy while merely doing his job we hardly knew ye *taps*

Does it show bert hole? Labia visible or just bush?

Sorry user, all you really see is some splashing around and some naked shots like pic related.

The fishman only does it because the kot scared him. He tries to touch with the other afterward

r8
youtube.com/watch?v=wDw9H2h3rsI

Key lime pie is for soyboys

This, I don't get people crying over dead dog scenes at all. They only look like they're smiling because of their jaw shape

Weirdo

youtube.com/watch?v=x3Rn6TX6wAc

>I hate that it shows a white guy not wanting a white woman to date a non-white guy
You know this isn't unrealistic right

Is this movie ok to see with a friend that's not a girl? Like I get it has heavy romance themes but is it really sappy or girly like a chick flick?

This is how true romance is done.

I did, but it had it's faults. Love Michael shannon but that character is tired. The dance sequence was a huge retarded misstep. Rest is kino. Elisa is literally the most beautiful ugly person

Well, do you wash your hands before...or after?

Very cute, I also like this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=xt9wKkYKC1Q&list=PLohYzz4btpaTP-_w__UC9XExnb8WBjkTv

There was an interview thing with Alexandre Desplat about the tracks and he said that the human whistle is meant to reprisent Eliza and the accordion is the creature, and together the music is meant to come like waves, pretty cute stuff.

Why would you wash them before? That's totally retarded, doesn't it make more sense to wash them AFTER your hands have been on your dick/potentially touching pee/the toilet flush handle?

I pretend to if there's someone else in there with me if I'm alone fuck that gay sanitary shit

>pretend to
Do you stick your hands in the sink and make wooshing noises?