Bluray Pickups

So Sup Forums, any Holidays Bluray pickups?

I don't buy blurays. I read plot synopses on wikipedia then argue that the movie was good or sucked based on the number of colored people in it.

the important question is... if there's a lot of colored people, do you consider that good or bad?

I got a Blu-Ray player for Christmas so I went and got lots although it's all weebshit.
I want to get more but region locking is a bitch.

I was really pleased when I heard about Outlaw Star being released on blu-ray, gotta pick that one up soon.

>I got a Blu-Ray player for Christmas

How is it living in 2007? Good?

>the Soyboy Cinema starter pack

I got Inside Llewyn Davis’ Criterion and Brigsby Bear, plus A Ghost Story and Good Time a few days earlier.

I'm triggered that they used the title "T2." That's Terminator 2 and everyone knows it.

>he didn't get Eureka Seven

Got some of the best Capekino plus the new T2 Remaster. Other than a green hue in some scenes, it looks great. Bit too much DNR though.

Guaranteed you would say that regardless of the films.

You got me.

Picked up Planet Earth 2 and Fury Road on 4k BD.

Any recommendations for good 4k transfers? How're Nolan's films?

apparently that was the point. They thought that's what the characters in the film would call it just to annoy James Cameron.

Where the hell is Memento and Insomnia? Might as well be a complete collection.

Who's the guy on the bottom left corner? Why does he wear that thing on his face?

>bottom left

almost had it m8

TDK Trilogy Colour Grading is closer to the theatrical colours and look incredible. The plane scene in 4K is a real highlight for me.

Not sure about the rest, probably good

The fuck are you talking about?

i wish CAPESHITTERS would leave this board forever
fucking low iq SCUM

shit, my bad, I must be blind.

Got the new The Thing 4k transfer release, its glorious. Its my first Arrow release and Im very pleased.

>Black Rain
Nice

>Alien Covenant
EEEAAAUGHHHUAAA

I finally replaced my not so great quality Lone Wolf and Cub DVD set from Madman Entertainment with Criterion's blu ray set. Also ordered Tenebrae from Arrow.

>cowboy bebop

Mobile Suit Gundam and Outlaw Star both got blu ray releases?? Holy shit I need to go download those asap

Is Sup Forums really this dumb?? Imagine wasting all this money on cartoons when you could have gotten a region free br player

So you admitted that the whole remaster is utter shit then? Because it is

Cowboy Bebop is fucking fantastic, Sup Forums shitters like you always feel buttblasted when people like it since it isn't "moe" or full of typical anime cliches, but it's still anime.

does anyone have the Death Wish blu-ray? curious about the quality

it's actually pretty fun famalam.

never seen it but heard good things. I'm not a Stuckmann level weeb, no need to panic.

You'll like it if you don't typically like anime, it feels more like a western production even though it isn't.

If I love Akira, will I love it?

It's nothing like Akira, every episode is more like a mini-movie that happens to focus around the same four central characters. There's one episode that's a homage to The Thing/Alien, and another that homages blaxploitation films.

I got the Before Trilogy, Tampopo, and The Night of the Hunter on criterion, The Assassin, and i got The Killing of a Sacred Deer and Blade Runner 2049 on preorder.

okay well that sounds great

T2 IS SUPER SHIT

GOOD TIME IS A BETTER TRAINSPOTTING THAN EVEN TRAINSPOTTING 1

!!!FACT!!!

nice thread and solid pickups bros

I didn't get them yet but I ordered a few criterions

>400 blows
>Paris, texas
>The breakfast club

Nice man! I really want Punch Drunk Love for my collection.

Also how much did you get Buffalo '66 for?

Not judging, but how do you guys afford all these criterion collection blu rays? I have a job and I still can't afford that

I'm gonna assume they get a lot of them during those Barnes and Nobles sales and the Criterion website sales.

I live in Canada so I'm kinda screwed and have to pay full price or buy enough during the website sale that warrants the shipping fee to Canada.

I got some gift cards for christmas

What price do they go for on sale usually? I feel like even $10 is too much for one blu ray

Usually closer to $15 or $20 it seems. But considering the effort they put into the Criterion releases, that usually makes it worth it. Sometimes they're jam packed with extras and shit.

Logan and Baby Driver

IS THIS HOMOSEXUAL SERIOUS

Why list those films in that order?

Drop dead.

They're $20 when they go on sale for Blu-Rays. it's a meme though, unless you really enjoy the film and want to fan out on extras, Criterions are a waste of money when you can find the same film on blu-ray for a lot less. people always vouch for the quality but off the top of my head, Moonrise Kindgom and Badlands have some pretty shit transfers.

10$ on amazon right now

>paying a monthly subscription to netflix even if you don’t watch anything the entire month, just for Netflix to rotate different films in and out of its library
>instead of buying a bluray player, which should be paid in a couple months if you didn’t get it as a gift, and only getting the films you want to see whenever you want to see them

>like a mini-movie
It's called "episodic".

Streaming will never have lossless audio

$16 for Canadian Amazon. Thanks!

1.) It's 2017. I've had a blu ray player since 2007
2.) I don't subscribe to netflix
3.) >buying a bluray player, which should be paid in a couple months if you didn’t get it as a gift

Where the fuck do you live that you are paying monthly installments on a fucking blu ray player? lol. That shit is like $50.

>3.) >buying a bluray player, which should be paid in a couple months if you didn’t get it as a gift. Where the fuck do you live that you are paying monthly installments on a fucking blu ray player? lol. That shit is like $50.
I was just saying that for the poorfags out there

Be sure to find that hidden poster.

Nice kinos

why the fuck would you buy physical media.

All this wasted money is making me want to waste my money. What are some God tier kino bluray boxsets I can feel good about emptying my bank account on?

>The Villainesse
yuck

>Black Rain
top tier action film from the 80's, great pick.

Kurosawa/Kubrick ones.

really? I generally find myself forced into buying some stuff off them because of literally zero other options, like ghost world or if... (though I live in australia so that might have something to do with it)