/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

PREVIOUS THREAD: Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

>News
user wants to devour Emma Stone's butt Marketer shills for a 5 year old movie Anons post blu-ray collections user pleased with quality of previous thread QOTD: How many films have you seen so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
youtube.com/watch?v=LuxEwzf8HLo
letterboxd.com/Arokz/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
youtube.com/watch?v=AuIIOwozMyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Griffith is a loser

hope this cutie patootie is having a good day!

Remember when Tarkovsky was Japanese?

>“Tarkovsky was sitting in the corner of the screening room watching the film with me, but he got up as soon as the film was over and looked at me with a shy smile. I said to him, “It’s very good. It’s a frightening movie.” He seemed embarrassed but smiled happily. Then the two of us went to a film union restaurant and toasted with vodka. Tarkovsky, who does not usually drink, got completely drunk and cut off the speakers at the restaurant, then began singing the theme of Seven Samurai at the top of his voice. I joined in, eager to keep up. At that moment, I was very happy to be on Earth.”

GENES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEOPLE HATE WHAT THEY FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why is this fast forwarded

why is your brain slowed down

Snitz Edwards in The Phantom of the Opera, 1925...

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
Hello stinkypete!
Hello ON3!
Hello machill!
Hello petethecat!

>shorter than a chinaman

sad...

How much do you have to hate America to not like Burns's Civil War

*spits in your face

Which W.C. Fields movie is that first one?

*burps in your face

DOWNVOTE STERN WAAAAHHH!!!!!!

NEXT UP IN BRUCE'S QUEUE!

THE ODD COUPLE!!

AFTER THAT!

STAR-SPANGLED GIRL

Why was Griffith such a pervert?

THEN AFTER THAT!

LAST OF THE RED HOT LOVERS!

intimacy is a quality of GREAT pictures!!

logan paul

i liek mobi

The voluptuous and sultry foxy owner of a pirate radio station manages to stay always one step ahead from the Police who constantly tries to put her hot show-on-wheels out of business for good.

EMEILEEEY :* :* :*

Those repeating digits.

movie it's shit

>Michael Hackneke

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

I thought Logan Paul was the name of Emilio Estevez's character in FREEJACK

dem nipples tough

Fucking kek
youtube.com/watch?v=LuxEwzf8HLo

Diana Ross as Charlie Chaplin, 1971

Hello friends, does anyone know how I can change my letterboxd name without upgrading to pro?

Mann's Miami Vice IS Shakespearean, but can /lbg/ formulate why? Maybe the lurking little guy?

start a new account

>More recent assessments of Abraham Lincoln have been less effusive in their praise of the film, finding that Abraham Lincoln has not aged well. In 1978, the film was included as one of the choices in the book The Fifty Worst Films of All Time, criticizing the film's historical inaccuracies, instances of clumsy dialogue and Merkel's melodramatic acting style.[10] Glenn Erickson, reviewing the DVD in 2012, wrote that it "comes off as an interesting curio. Its earnest simplicity seems more dated than ever, despite the fine performance of Walter Huston in the lead role."[11] Film historian Melvyn Stokes found that Abraham Lincoln's episodic structure "came at the cost of dramatic tension" and suggested that the film's disappointing box office performance was due to its having "nothing of major importance and relevance to say about its subject to moviegoers of Depression-era America."
Oops!!

>the fine performance of Walter Huston in the lead role
Pete told me it was Jack Huston!

everything that can be said about Miami Vice has been said

watch Exiled (Johnnie To, 2006)

Abraham Lincoln was so bad no one even bothered to renew its copyright LMFAOOOOO

I think maybe auteurism was needed to appreciate some *late* Griffiths. Something like "Isn't Life Wonderful," which isn't particularly consciously artful, is my favorite Griffith up until that time. And then there's the generally reviled "The Struggle," which I think is great. A key early moment for me was going to the MoMA's Griffith retrospective, I believe in the summer of 1964, and reading about his "decline" in the catalogue and elsewhere, and then seeing the counter-evidence on the screen: "Orphans of the Storm," "The Sorrows of Satan," "Abraham Lincoln" -- all of them, really.

Auteur theory is a failed theory.

>46 replies
>19 posters

Nope, you're wrong. It is as valid, robust and rich as ever.

wrong

You will never understand film, you will never understand the world, you will never understand yourself.

Was Ken Loach ever good or was he always a boring ass leftist cuck?

Le Boucher is one of the most beloved Chabrol, but I was left disappointed probably because of my initial expectations.

Suburra is a great Italian mafia movie, there's not much to say. Nothing revolutionary. The series is on Netflix and isn't half bad, despite the Netflix "touch" (i.e. racemixing and homosexuality while there were none in the movie)

Crime and Punishment adaption by Kaurismaki was very underwhelming, I kinda liked it enough for a 3 but it was damn near the 2. It was a bit plain and the best scene in the book is probably the worst one in the movie.

Also, happy new year everyone!

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

>watch a kino
>found out Griffith made the exact same kino decades before and 100 times better

It's NOT fair!!!!!!

Just watched Ghostbusters (2016) huh?

Guys I'm lost why did Marie got raped again?

You do.

ah-bloo-bloo

Why did she pick the biker gang Drake Bell lookalike over her childhood friend who loved her?

smugemilyjean.png

higher culture such as poetry nor music doesn't have to rely on failed notion like auteur theory to have validity.

only imbecile manufacturing like film needs it to have pseudo validity

Robert Flaherty.

Werner Herzog.

Logan Paul.

he's a millenial youtuber, he didn't know better

This he's just a 23 year old kid, give him a break!!!

I am God.

I AM God!

Looks like Griffithfag's gone another cocaine binge.

Make Emily Jean appear in my house

sent ;)

where's the FRICKEN LETTERBOXD EMAILS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

export your data then start a new account and import

they said importing is only a limited time, but it's been available for MONTHS. whens it gonna end?

lol whatever buddy

myrm :3

myrmician :3

faggot

bump!!!!!!!!!!!

megaautist totally nailed Lady Bird with this post.

No he didn't.

t. Soyboy

I'm struck dumb. Villeneuve has gifted cinema with a ceaselessly exquisite masterpiece of atmosphere that drips poetry from every frame (thanks in no small part to Roger Deakins' photography + Dennis Gassner's production design). Each detail of Blade Runner 2049 feels lush, acutely so--its sound design and use of silence within is something I don't think I'll ever be able to not praise when discussing the film henceforth.

The entire ensemble plays like a dream, with Carla Juri, Ana de Armas + Sylvia Hoeks in particular standing out alongside the spitfire that is Harrison Ford 2017. Ryan Gosling, though, gets the real goods and delivers one of his best (possibly the best) performances to date, a quiet rage eternally simmering behind his replicant (...or human? [wink]) gaze.

I luxuriate in the glow of its aftermath.

(Also the fact that a major studio both funded this and [apparently?] didn't cut down its glorious mammoth of a runtime is nothing short of a Hollywood miracle.)

well said

LOGAN PAUL (Michael Haneke, 2019)

D. Villeneuve > D.W. Griffith

Rachel Griffiths > D.W. Griffith

Greta Garbo >>>>>>> Greta Gerwig

letterboxd.com/machill54/

new year new me

wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good! Beautifully shot! Highly rec!

how's my curve, senpais?

How much crap did you force yourself to watch just to maintain that curve

whaddaya mean? it's top heavy

how's my curve, senpais?

WHY IS HER BUTT SO BIG?
WAS IT ALWAYS THIS BIG?

skelly white gurl/10

Lovely film.

Reverend Mother, I have sinned. -Anna Lee as Sister Margaretta in The Sound of Music

is there any other snuff kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=AuIIOwozMyQ

Last house on dead end street is best movie about snuff films and one of best horror films of all time in my opinion

wish more people would watch it

That's a very dumb claim to make, mac. You're too biased for your love of trash.