Am I suppose to hate this character by the end of the episode? Because I don't his literally me IRL

Am I suppose to hate this character by the end of the episode? Because I don't his literally me IRL.

Matt looks fat.

love Plemons, or Plebbons or whatever his name is. Got sloppy seconds on Kirstin Dunst too

Best if you kys then

meth*

I don't get why this guy didn't just act like this in real life. Honestly he's the CTO, he can do just about whatever the fuck he wants. He's also rich so he doesn't need to worry about balding and to not be fat he just needs to diet.

No. You're supposed to hate this show because it is fucking shit. There were plot-holes fucking everywhere in this episode.

>How the fuck did the guy know where in the antagonist's apartment he kept his DNA samples?
>How the fuck did some random coder woman scale a building and go full Splinter Cell without ANY issues whatsoever?
>Why the fuck wasn't the guy able to exit the game with the command "exit game" at the end?
>Why the fuck would he be unaware of how the update would effect his game when he is the lead programmer/systems designer?
>Why the fuck would he program some kind of retarded constraint like "I need to be holding this random device to exit the game or else I'm trapped here forever"?
>Why did he chase them in a fucking ship at the end despite him supposedly being the "god" of this universe who can control every aspect of it?
>Why the fuck can't he just actually pause the game?
>Why the fuck couldn't he just disconnect his mod from the internet?
>Why the fuck did the antagonist just SUDDENLY believe the woman when she was throwing herself at him despite her clearly resisting and despising him LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR FUCKING HOURS AGO.
>How did a tech genius with a home as nice and secure as his not have any sort of security system or cameras?
>Why the fuck would a woman risk a felony over pictures of her lying on a bed in underwear (not even nude or engaged in sexual activity)?
>Why would he actively need a live sample of their DNA if he had already uploaded it and synthesized it into data form? Why is there not a copy on his hard drive now?

Fuck, there were so many plot-holes I was beyond annoyed the entire time I was watching the episode.

who cares entire episode was build around the fact u can extract memories from DNA which is retarded

Calm down Daly

The entire point of the episode is that he was trapped by his insecurity and petty anger, figuratively. The show (at least used to) takes these internal flaws and illustrates them.

The show isn't very complicated or deep, it just likes to give off that impression.

Black Mirror is a TV show for women and generally low IQ people who don't care about such things as consistency and plot holes.

According to Carrere, she is of Filipino,[which?] Chinese[which?] and Spanish ancestry.[2]

Hey, that could be interesting after all. After the Tnuctipun are finally exterminated, after things settle down in known space, someone finally takes a Quantum II hyperdrive ship toward the hub of the galaxy. And he finds that the galactic core is exploding.

Same. I just remember seeing someone on FB mention the drop in plot quality in new season so I thought I’d check it out. I’m frustrated because instead of being immersed into a parallel near future world with beautiful scenery and set work, looking to relax, I got a nightmare scenario making me question my moral stance on bullying in the workplace and whether or not my video game characters have “rights”.

If this had ended with his actions being leaked to the public, that might have been a better ending for that guy. Either:

1) It's a PR nightmare and Infinity loses it's main technical lead, leading to the end of the system, or a buyout by a shitty Chinese competitor.

2) The company rides the wave and offers a 'Premium' tier subscription to the game with the guy's cheats and ability to abuse the AI however they like, the cycle never ends, the crew are now stuck in a whole GALAXY full of petty sadists like their creator

There, Brooker. Sorted.

You're not supposed to think about it you just gotta turn your brain off.

The thread is certified edgy. Well done, young man

Also, how in the fuck did he copy his coworkers' memories from just their DNA?

This could be amazing existence horror episode about futile attempts to become something more than simulation, but they went hollywood way

>He was told
>plot hole
>He got banned and lots all functions
>He was to busy staring at the girl
>Immersion
>I think he was enjoying it? I'm not sure about this one
>It's an MMO
>The games fucking huge, it's a private server leaching off of the main
>Because it's happened before
>Believe it or not but most people aren't stupid paranoid Americans
>Panic
>The better question is why did they even need the lady to do anything at all. All they needed was the pizza guy and to flee

Maybe instead of being a brainlet you should listen to what people are saying

the better question is why they didnt tell her the truth as they intended. Instead they came up with a retarded MGS action

Hang the DJ spun me the fuck out with the tweest. Was nice.

This season has taken a drop and Im not binge watching them like I have with previous seasons because of how gripping they were.
I have Metal head and Black museum to watch today.
So far I rate the eps: USS Calister> Hang the DJ>Arkangel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crocodile

Archangel could have been executed a little better since it couldnt make its mind up on the message of either 'sheltering kids is bad' or 'knowing everything you kid does is bad'. Crocodile was just a fucking mess

>Arkangel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crocodile
really? Crocodile was at least interesting. Arkangel was boring

>He was told
This doesn't make sense though, why would the antagonist ever have the need to tell them that? Why would he be walking around telling them "hey just so you know, if you were ever wondering, I keep all your DNA in a mini fridge near my computer, fun fact!" It just doesn't follow logical sense that he would ever feel the need to elaborate that much about such a seemingly unnecessary detail.
>He got banned and lots all functions
Why could an AI program from inside the game somehow ban the admin and deny him access? This wasn't elaborated on nearly enough aside from "lel I'm a super amazing girl hacker". It simply doesn't follow that he would ever design the system in such a way to allow a rogue program to deny him access. That isn't how games or any kind of systems program work.
>He was to busy staring at the girl
He was distracted as to when the update was going to be live. He still fully understood the nature of the update and thus is would logically follow that he would know how that update would effect his mod.
>Immersion
That is fucking retarded. No one would allow themselves to potentially be trapped in a mental prison just for "immersion".
>I think he was enjoying it? I'm not sure about this one
Eh, I don't buy it. He seemed way too pissed in the end when things stopped going his way for him to be enjoying it.
>It's an MMO
It was a private server to which he had complete and total access to, he should be able to start and stop it completely whenever he wished. Hell, he even had complete and total access to the main server.
>The games fucking huge, it's a private server leaching off of the main
This is a fair point, given that it is an MMO. Being the CTO though I'd imagine he would still have access to a complete shutdown if he wanted to in an emergency (I feel like being about to become essentially brain dead in the real world counts as one).
>Because it's happened before
They all took time to break, they all said as much to the girl.

>Believe it or not but most people aren't stupid paranoid Americans
This is a retarded point. The man is the CTO of an incredibly profitable company (according to the CEO), he has more than enough money to afford even a cheap fucking home security system. You don't need to be paranoid or an American to want to protect your shit if you're extremely wealthy. It is just common sense mixed with a little human nature.
>Panic
I think you are overestimating how much the initial shock of seeing the picture would translate into action. You're imply she was in a state of panic long enough she could go home, get ready to break into a coworkers home, drive herself to her coworkers home, scale the outside walls to get up to his balcony, then proceed to break in, steal things, and escape. All because someone might share a photo of her in her underwear on a bed? That seems like a bit of a stretch.
>The better question is why did they even need the lady to do anything at all. All they needed was the pizza guy and to flee
This honestly would've been more interesting and made more sense.

Maybe you should watch less shitty shows faggot.

I think its the other way round, I can see something like a tracking device for children being a thing that a paranoid parent would volunteer for. But like I said the concept could have been a little better.
Crocodile tech was fucking dumb since it requires you to think then why the fuck could you not just daydream and say thats your memory and how the fuck did they get a guinea pig to think back to earlier that night? Also it was a bit far fetched killing a whole family and shoehorned in 'le baby was blind omg'

i had to stop watching when I realized this. somehow that person's memories up until their DNA was synthesized was embedded in a lipstick stain. unbelievable.

>This doesn't make sense though, why would the antagonist ever have the need to tell them that?

Because he was a sadist and it was part of how he broke the one guy. He straight up told him something like, "I have your son's DNA in a minifridge next to my desk. I'll just log out and make another one to throw out the airlock unless you play along," implied by that guy's story.

Black Mirror episodes wouldn’t work without plot holes.

To me, they’re worth watching in spite of them.

You'd have thought they would have done something with his hair to differentiate him from literally the only other role people recognise the guy from.

>every villian is white and every hero is a POC woman the series.

technologically you are right, but as a tv show episode the arkangel was dull. They could have spiced things up like the control device being stolen and the girl being blackmailed into doing dirty stuff. i want something i can relate to. i dont want to see a mother watchin her ugly dauther having sex.

He didn't deserve to die in real life for shit he did in a virtual video game I fucking hate roasties.

I’m far less functional socially and occupationally than Daly and would probably do a lot worse to the the sentient AI NPCs given the chance (no genitals? Fuck off) but he wasn’t a hard character to dislike once it was revealed he was keeping digital copies of his colleagues trapped in a video game for his own sick amusement.

I don’t know how you can excuse immorality in others just because you’d do the same given the chance.

why you think he died?

I agree with this.

I almost fell asleep during Arkangel. It was so dull. The story of an overly controlling parent driving their kids away or into some troubling behavior is so fucking played out and the sci-fi nanny cam didn't really add much to the story. And since the mom's entire character was "loves daughter and wants to make sure she's okay" and the entire daughter's character was "average girl who grows up and does average teen things like have sex and try drugs behind their parent's back," I didn't give a shit about the characters.

It was so bland.

kek. add "can make a bitch shut the fuck up for good"

>he wasn’t a hard character to dislike once it was revealed he was keeping digital copies of his colleagues trapped in a video game for his own sick amusement.
how is it diferent from killing pedestrains in GTA?

The sentience (or sapience), obviously. These were the digital equivalent of real human beings. Their suffering was exactly the same as that of a physical human being.

GTA NPCs are just crude imitations of human beings.

Because pedestrians in GTA don't possess self-awareness and consciousness.

neither did the crew.it was a neural network. pure algo

They're aware that they're digital replications of their real human selves in a video game that are subject to all the sensations humans feel, minus sexual ones because their genitals were removed.

How do you figure that they weren't self-aware or possessed consciousness?

bc they were a program

Think of it more like Toy Story and how the toys are alive.
Its also replicated in Hang the DJ with those avatars believing they are real and alive

How does that negate what I said? Artifice has absolutely no bearing on the capacity for self-awareness or consciousness.

The fantastical conceit of the story is that digital copies of people are programs so complex that they're indistinguishable from real people within the contexts of their world.

you used this argument like they are selfaware thus alive, They werent

Can someone explain the ending to a brainlet like myself? The deletion of his private server while he was in the system seemed to indicate his mind would be wiped along with everything else or he'd be stuck in a black abyss indefinitely. I really don't understand how that follows. Why wouldn't he just wake up?

>self-aware = alive

At no point did I say that. That's your own misunderstanding of what self-aware means. I don't really get how you're confusing this though. It's the premise for like every single story involving a homunculus or robot.

yeah

stop arguing with brainlets

Low IQ people will cheer the ending and see him as a bad person.

High IQ people will understand that they are just virtual Artificial intelligence and not actually consider people so it’s morally ok to do whatever you want to them. The end is literally a shy socially awkward Virgin dying from a computer program and the girl he had a crush on betraying him.

This movie did the thing normally movies about AI do wrong: it switched perspective to the AI point of view when shit hit the fans

In Blade Runner, Ex Machina, West World etc you always follow your human protagonist so you get just a vague sense that the AI is actually alive. In USS Callister I was really invested.
That was really the only part that kept the episode enjoyable tho

this a roastie literally killed him she was so easily persuaded into betraying her so called "mentor"

Crocodile was the best shot and directed episode you fucking pleb.

Wouldn't they just find him the next day if he didn't show up for work?

I thought they showed his arm falling still to symbolise that he died.

So he had to die for torturing digital characters?
Wonder what this show thinks about people that play The Sims or go dark side in Kotor.

Hang the dj really pisses me off. Women are such fucking sluts. Like she does nothing with the nice guy , but fucks chad on the first date. And the nice guy is suppose to just take her back afterwards because they are. “Perfect match”. If she was a perfect match she wouldn’t be such a fucking SLUT. A female had to written that shit

in Bees people died for much less

Monkey needs a hug

They covered this by having the patch roll out, and all the shit go down, on Christmas Eve. They explicitly say something like they have the next 10 days off work between Christmas and New Year's stuff.

>Why could an AI program from inside the game somehow ban
>the admin and deny him access?
It was a foreign code detection system that bans code from interacting with the live servers, the private server code was exposed to the live system when they "exited" through the patch wormhole. There are systems like this in current games, I remember getting banned in WoW for modifying textures to slip through places or increase herb size by 1000% so I could see them off in the distance.

>he would know how that update would effect his mod.
He set it up so the incoming updates shouldn't have been accessible as the only way to control the ship was through that device he carried around, which they stole from him when he paused.

>That is fucking retarded. No one would allow themselves to
>potentially be trapped in a mental prison just for "immersion".
His code was never meant to be detected but my best guess is that he still needed to connect to the servers to for the computing power to simulate sentient code and/or the realism of the world.

>He seemed way too pissed in the end when things stopped
>going his way for him to be enjoying it.
That's the point, he enjoyed the power over sentient copies thinking there were no repercussions. But since they were sentient they were able to outsmart him.

>It was a private server to which he had complete and total
>access to
He did have total control over it, but they took control of his interface because he was an autistic retard that let pussy rule over him.

For some reason he put his entire interface control in that device and since it was a solo development I guess he didn't think of every use case scenario which allowed him to get hacked. Why do you expect the writer to be able to give you every answer in under an hour, that's not how story telling works. Would you want to watch him code for thousands of hours and struggle with bugs or just see the end result and exciting parts of the story?

>dying because of a game update
Also, why would preloading would even start if he has his own offline build?

people that obsess over plot holes are fucking autistic.

it's a fucking television show. suspension of disbelief for chrissake.

Suspension of disbelief can only take you so far.

don't you find it weird how Sup Forums suddenly starts hating on the show when an episode about manbabies come out?

I thought we were going to get a different ending based on the show's usual tone.

They ping the pizza guy or get some other thing to happen that distracts him long enough for them to drive through the wormhole and delete themselves. Cut to the guy in his ship breathing heavily and disheveled and upset. But he slowly calms down, says, "Exit game," takes off the little bud on his temple, and opens up his mini fridge to get what looks like the chocolate milk he's been drinking all episode, but instead its a labeled bag with their DNA.

Cut to the girl waking up in the game again, but with all the other characters also waking up in pods next to her, they all look confused and wonder what's happening and where they are as the captain opens the door and says, "Welcome to the U.S.S Callister!" with some shit eating grin on his face.

>XBOX, THANKS FOR SOME JOB

Why should I feel sympathy for this guy? He's the boss and let the receptionist block him at the door

It's Christmas, everyone's off

it was so offputting when his voice came on.
He is too recognizable for his own sake

Excusing the overall tired formula of three arc structure, what really rustles my shit is that meth damon was supposed to be able to activate godmode whenever the fuck he wanted during the entire climax. But FUCK THAT, lets have an "exciting" race to the wormhole. I know that Sup Forums must have bitched already for this kind of shit

High IQ people would wonder why don't just simulate human behavior instead of giving the NPCs sapience and autonomy

"Meth Damon" LOL good one, i love /tv

It's summer! I got my hat on backwards and it's time to fuckin party THUMP

*don't the developers

You forgot >How the fuck did they hack their way out when all the buttons are useless and only for show. How was she able to write a coherent sentence?

>big time dev coder
>doesn't know what a patch will do
>doesn't stop automatic updates until he sees the release notes for the patch
>doesn't run cheat codes
>the update traps the user in the game

Same, I was kind of rooting for him. I've noticed myself rooting for a lot of "villains" lately.

>literally me IRL
same

They couldnt just run during the pizza man.

Not enough time without the fake interface and they figured he would just make another copy of them.

Fucking Todd at the end ruined it for me. I hate that cunt

Crocodile was so ass. All of the killing she did over a fucking hit and run was comical and made me laugh. The Muslim interviewer was qt tho.

>The Muslim interviewer was qt tho.

Its refilled actually. I'm sure that is how your relationship went. :)

Yeah...she was. I'd poke her falafel.

This was my thought.

God damn that bitch was a slut. Fucked everyone else like a $100 whore.

Redpilled*

He shouldn't have been such a pussy faggot and played a real game.

Shut it all down. Shekkelstiein out.

This. He should have put them in warhammer for eternity. They would all end up badasses.

This is purely you wanting the show to conform to your perception of it rather than acknowledging what is clearly authorial intent.

You are to assume that the A.I. is sentient, because it's central to the story. The story is the focus here.

THIN YOUR PAINTS

but yeah, I'm so glad I got into 40k everyone at my FLGS is cool AF.

>Why the fuck wasn't the guy able to exit the game with the command "exit game" at the end?

Seems like one of the most glaring flaws. Surely the safety aspects of your super immersion device would include "can't accidentally trap yourself in a video game forever". Even if it was rogue code or something you'd think it'd be like netflix and have an auto-bailout.

Jesus learn to paint

suck a dick mate

thats pretty sad op

I am still trying to figure out, and have been at it since 2011, why this show is so popular when every single episode has so many plot holes and awful dialogue in general. Decent concepts that are executed fucking horribly.

The shows episodes are so wildly inconsistent in terms of quality.