WTF, so Rian Johnson doesn't even know what would happen in the finale movie? Johnson and JJ will just retcon eachother?

WTF, so Rian Johnson doesn't even know what would happen in the finale movie? Johnson and JJ will just retcon eachother?
OH no no no no n o

screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-rey-parents-kylo-ren-truth/

How the fuck do you even create a trilogy like this?

How is this a surprise? Things JJ Abrams has creatively helmed:

>Cloverfield
>Super 8
>Star Trek / Into Darkness / Beyond
>Alias
>Lost
>Fringe
>Person of Interest
>11.22.63
>Westworld

Nice quads!

you forgot that JJ wrote the screenplay for Michael Bay's Armageddon. Yet another achievement in screenwriting.

JJ didn't do Beyond.

You don't. They're not creating a trilogy, they're creating a trainwreck. I wish I wasn't being serious.

Lucas need to regain right for this franchise or Star Wars is fucked

>ANH - Luke is told he's an only child and orphan
>ESB - Luke kisses Leia, later he's is told he's Vader's kid
>ROTJ - Luke is told Leia is his sister and they both somehow always knew it.

Yeah, I hate how Star Wars episode 8: The last Jedi completely makes stuff up as it goes, disregards previous movies and will probably be contradicted later.

So un-star wars.

Michael Bay's Armageddon is in the Criterion collection, pleb.

Not at all because without some Bay flicks or some capeshit in there to make up for the low sales of everything else, Criterion would have gone out of business years ago.

Anything they shit out will make them billions from ticket sales/merchandise/streaming/selling to countless tv channels worldwide etc. etc. etc. so why would they give a fuck about the quality of the screenplay?

That's a minor inconsequential thing compared to the clusterfuck of nuWars. The story of nuWars was still primarily being handled by Lucas. 8 was literally wrote before 7 was even finished. This is not how you write a fucking movie.

I think Beyond was simon pegg's

11.22.63 is just King's and westworld is Jonathon nolan's child

Kathleen thought she was copying the OT by having different directors for each movie.

>>ANH - Luke is told he's an only child and orphan
Told that to protect him so he won't go looking for his sister or ask awkward questions
>>ESB - Luke kisses Leia, later he's is told he's Vader's kid
I don't get what you're trying to say regarding the kiss but Vader being Luke's father works. It's hardly pulled out of the air.
>>ROTJ - Luke is told Leia is his sister and they both somehow always knew it.
They are both force sensitive and drawn to each other for some reason like long lost siblings in real life.

None of this is on the level of Rey being a nobody or Snoke having always existed without anyone, including sheev yoda and Anakin from detecting him.

0/10 please shill harder

this is what happens when you give a multi billions $ studio to a failed secretary.

>Comparing the first entries in a series from nearly forty years ago to the eighth movie in a series with decades of exposition and outside media.

No one can be this retarded.

>we're going to make a trilogy of movies with an on-going story
>nobody working on a movie knows what will happen in the other two

Shouldn't they have written the story for all three movies before they start shooting, to avoid the whole shit becoming, you know, a total goddamn senseless clusterfuck? Like it is right now?

Jj helmed these

>everything he "produced"

Wewlad

The difference is the Original Trilogy was all written by the same person, and each movie was made under a different scope.

>ANH - A standalone fantasy story that will hopefully be moderately successful enough to warrant subsequent standalone adventures produced as TV movies
>ESB - The second in what is planned to be a series of twelve films chronicling Luke's adventures, with many twists to set up all those films
>ROTJ - The premature conclusion to what has become a trilogy, with a lingering thread from Empire being wrapped up as conveniently as possible.

The point is when the trilogy was written nobody knew it was going to be a trilogy.

There's no excuse for Disney to do what they've done. They've always known it's a trilogy and it should have been plotted out as a trilogy to avoid repeating the mistakes of the originals. Instead it's somehow become even MORE disjointed, because the second movie is handled by a different writer/director with a completely different vision.

is disney even trying anymore? everything they make it literally meme tier now. nothing but movie tropes over and over.

It's more than fucked. Star Wars is dead and Disney is just toying with the corpse's butthole

It worked for the OT, so they emulated that part too.

but George wrote the overarching story for all 3

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

You've refuted nothing.

can you at least fix the spelling mistake before copy and pasting this into every star wars thread

worst meme of 2018

You're not going to force your shit meme because it's just an annoying version of "not an argument" which is already an established meme. Get the fuck out with this pathetic memery

Yeas and the only reason he made a trilogy is beacuse his stories were too big to fit in one film. Meanwhile, Disney doesn't have enough ideas to shoot a 10 min short, yet they went with a trilogy, because 3 movies = 3X more shekels

bald assertion best meme

He wrote the music for NightBeast tho.

Execute order 6666.