We are strong, independent women born to lead and are taking over. Do not fuck with us, soyboy

We are strong, independent women born to lead and are taking over. Do not fuck with us, soyboy.

there's been precisely one (1) good female leader in human history and her name was thatcher

last jedi's dialogue was cringe and the purple haired hag could not deliver a line to save her life.

I will not eat a single morsel of food until Margaret Thatcher is dead and buried!

No, we will remember a really stupid plan and movie

>Thatcher
>Good

Elizabeth I and Catherine the Great were good. I can't think of any others.

'Smart, brave and capable.'. I didn't know not telling your troops the plan was considered smart or capable. It's certainly a brave thing to do.

Destroy the entire rebel army is equal to be a capable leader now?
Interesting...

>the consequences of doubting their leadership

...You successfully defeat the enemy and survive while said leader perishes, opening up your prospects for promotion?

She weaponized spaceflight technology. BETTER VOTE HILLARY NEXT TIME.

She fucking ruined everything

Basically all she had to do was to give people some kind of plan, she didn't do that for several straight hours getting hundreds of people killed and then kamikazed their main ship as a last-ditch effort

The rest of the crew told her to fuck off at gunpoint

Disney Soy Wars - *almost* as much fun as a two and a half hour lecture on gender theory delivered by an angry lesbian!

Women think you're entitled to obedience and loyalty just because you're in a position of power. They have no concept of earning loyalty and allegiance. Consummate bootlickers.

Realistically (even in a scifi universe), how many women would sacrifice themselves for an abstract cause?

She didn't even die to save a child or sister. Everything we know about women indicates that they shy away from danger & conflict. Role models don't alter biology.

laura dern is also a coal burner

Why is he quoted as saying "ain't" in the gq one? Boyega is bonglish.

The man is a national treasure.

This. Literally everything could have been prevented if she just fucking told Poe about the rebel planet. Rose and Finn wouldn't have searched for Del Toro, in turn, he wouldn't have spilled their plans last minute to the first order, and everyone would have successfully evacuated.

>The consequences of doubting their leadership

I didn't see the movie but, didn't she cause a mutiny by refusing to share her plan with her subordinates, only succeed when she broke that universe's laws of physics, and ultimately cause the downfall of the Resistance itself?

Vanity fair,
I accept your challenge!
Im going to Call your bet.

They'll remember a pink hair fagget who wasted a whole movie doing nothing before an heroing

I haven't actually seen the film but I take it the last three Star Wars films had strong female leads with men as the bad guy.

Why can't it be the other way around? Are we supposed to take it that strong women can only be a force of good.

Sad.

i just want the world to burn already, just hand it all over to "strong", "capable" and "smart" women, it will soon finally be over

I don't see how anyone can see anything other than an aggrandised sense of self looking at that picture of her, the halo, the pink hair, the cold demeanour, it all speaks "I'm better than you but I'll prove it through image rather than merit."

The script had many rewrites by many writers and some things don't make sense because of it.
There was a spy subplot to explain the not telling the plan (Rose was the spy and was doing it to save her sister's life, but Hold On By Wilson Phillips didn't know who was the spy). That was dropped but they kept the part about not telling the plan.

>see these fake fictional characters in your movies?
>yeah look up to them they are great role models
>what do you mean women's rights activist who tries to stop genital mutilating in africa? why should I care?

Western consumerist "culture".

Never post again.

Britain died long before Thatcher.

whoa i just noticed the halo

Remember when Star Wars did a mutiny story right?

Rose being a spy explains pretty much EVERY SINGLE THING about her in the finished movie.

>High ranking officers have to share all thier plans with low level grunts.

That isn't how the military works you manchild. Your superior officer gives you an order and you fucking follow it.

This is so disgusting and pathetic

Like seriously, that's it

There was nothing else to her character. She didn't do anything else that we could see

She was appointed captain and she proceeded to do literally nothing for several hours. You can't even put any logic behind why

They took a look at this character and said "This is who women should look up to". Probably because they gave her disproportionate credit for being a woman. You know, being sexist.

It's so egregiously stupid I think Rian Jonson added her as bait for SJWs and they just don't realize it

The best wasted character was that. Not-Boba Fett of Tarth.
Fuck, that actress and that character could have been great. I'm mad. Make her kill Hux and take his place instead of having Kylo kill Snoke.

>consequences of doubting

So is this a veiled threat or is it just demanding that people follow the next Hill-shill Dembot that gets trotted out in 2020?

Who even reads Vanity Fair and Vogue etc etc these days? Don't tell me millenials because I know first hand they don't

>Women think you're entitled to obedience and loyalty just because you're in a position of power.

No, the military thinks that. Every military. Because that is exactly how a military functions.

>That isn't how the military works you manchild
that's exactly how the military works.

Women strong

White man evil

I'm 30, and I counted no less than 3 references to Monty Python and Holy Grail in TLJ. I wonder if this entire movie is actually satire.

They won't remember shit. SJWs have short memories, on purpose. There have been lots of "strong female characters" over the decades, yet year after year they keep being treated as something new or something that hasn't been done before, so that the struggle may continue.

No it doesn't faggot who has never served it goes down the COC the whole reason Sgts and Cpls exist in the first place idiot

They iterate empty, ambiguous threats to try and bully people into respecting them and keep other people in a well-defined box from which they're scared to try and step out of.

And then continue to try and make the box smaller to the best of their ability.

>doubting leadership
>rebellion

Whoa disney, so deep.

You are delusional if you think grunt soldiers are in the know about every plan the higher ranking officers are cooking up. You are told only what you need to know to do your job. And if your job is to sit around waiting until you are in transport range of a planet you can jettison too, than you need to know fuck all.

What is there was a spy on that ship? Now the enemy know to not bother with the main ship and just start shooting at the transports.

No, baby boy, that's exactly how military works. You get sat in a room with the other tools and endure a long, tedious lecture that explains why you are doing every little thing you will be doing.

I only just watched the camrip.
Did I miss something or was her plan to hide and wait for someone to rise up against the First Order? Was that her masterstroke, a hope and a prayer?

And Poe was demoted and thus, at the bottom of the CoC. Faggot.

>tfw manchil Lucas could write a strong female character better in the 70s and 80s than current writers can (post-90s heart broken Lucas is another story though)
But of course according the the people making the new movies Leia was always saved by a man, was at home cooking for her men and giving birth to their children.

If you don't explain the operation in detail to all the officers involved who in turn will explain it to their subordinates hilarious shit will happen and people will die.

They were told what they would be doing. They were told they were going to wait. The secret reason of why they were waiting would have been too sensitive information to tell the whole ship though.

He wasn't the only Captain or ranked officer in the whole resistance either idiot stop defending bad writing from clueless nobodies who have never been in a military environment never mind a battle

You tell people what they need to know. And grunts don't need to know why, they just need to know what.

This. People confuse real military and movie military.

Why didn't the First Order just scramble fighters
Why didn't the FO just take two destroyers and FTL jump in front of them
Why did the FO only drop like 6 walkers on the salt planet

>that exchange between her and Leia about who should say “may the force be with you”
Jesus christ

Admirals and Generals don't walk around in the middle of battles changing orders on the fly they give an objective to achieve, the framework to achieve, the rest is up to the junior officers and senior NCOs to execute

LOL it’s funny becuz it’s lik a dick! xD

>What is there was a spy on that ship?

If they wanted anyone to be worried about it they should have raised it as a possibility instead of having Rose/Poe theorize that the FO just has some device somewhere that can track through hyperspace and have everyone act like that must be true.

Considering that this entire military appears to have been less people than a graduating high school class, I don't know why it was considered such a pain to tell a battle-tested pilot who's been in every major conflict that we've seen what the plan for saving all his comrades is. Especially when no one seems worried about spies.

Where has Holdo been during all the fighting, by the way? Didn't see her blowing up Starkiller or shooting down TIE fighters or finding inexplicable maps to Skywalker or anything. Her nice dress didn't even have a single bit of mud on it.

>Turns out star wars threads on Sup Forums are 90% ex/current military.

Suuuuuuure.

>the consequences of doubting their leadership

Surviving is a consequence?

Isabel of Castille was the best female ruler
Thatcher was also good and she saved the UK from post-sovok fate

You dont need good acting or good writting when you movie has guurl powaaah

Even if that were true with real militaries (it isn't, they contextualize the fuck out of every mission), they're not getting extensive pay or benefits from the Resistance. Nobody is going to sacrifice to be part of an underdog faction for no pay if their leader is a tyrant.

Any resistance movement in the history of the universe is going to be on constant watch for spies in their ranks dumbass. It shouldn't even be something that needs explaining, but I guess mouthbreathers like you are why every movie needs 30 minutes of exposition before it can do anything.

She looks like a fuckin school teacher. I guess you gotta really old to think kids like teachers.

This is exactly why Israel won the six day war against the arab nations.

didn't she nearly kill every one when she wouldn't listen to po?

white men surviving IS a consequence

>constant watch for spies in their ranks

Then why didn't they act like they were worried about spies at any other point in TFA or this movie?

>Let's just have R2-D2 and BB8 display the map to the whole room, who cares?

The sequel trilogy has nowhere near the cultural clout of the originals. They are entirely forgettable.

>Poe was demoted
from what Capitan to a grunt? you're missing several ranks that would need to be told what the fucking plan was. Even throwing all that aside the guy just blew up a Dreadnought that would have turned them into ash a few seconds after it appeared on top of them should at least know your not just waiting around to die.

Woman are so misguided these days with all the shit blogs and what-not feminist outlets poisoning their brain.

Just look at the 3-way step program of modern female delusion:
>A man knows better than me? Mansplaining!
>A man does better than me? Patriarchy!
>A man doesn't like me(or any of the above)? Mysogyny!
The worst part is, how they actually try to rationalize it, by taking any institution or process and turn it into a me vs them thing. Like, I remember reading an article that said that all men are mensplaining by default, because academics and life in general is male focused. So that obviously means that every man is guilty of mensplaining, just by acquiring knowledge.

>What is Auftragstaktik?

To be fair, BB8 just rolled up to R2 and woke him up, completely unprompted by anyone else. You can't blame a dumb droid for being a dumb droid.

She didn't tell the fucking XO, the second in command of the fucking fleet, who perfectly reasonably assumes the lady in dress, who wears a fucking golden halo in her purple hair, has lost her shit and is going to get them all killed and tries to relieve her of command.
And she almost fucking does kill them all.
Literally 20 people survive those 18 hours, 20 people out of several thousands, and it's all on her head for keeping a fucking triviality a secret from her executive officer.

Poe was not a subordinate leader. He was demoted.

She didn't tell her second in command? You serious? Turbolaser hits at the right angle, HR lady dies, no plan?

there wasn't enough information on anything though, you at least want to know what the stakes of failure will be. will the bad guys rule the whole galaxy, some of the galaxy? who knows?

demoted to what?
a janitor?

Fucc Boy

>dude who blew up starkiller and a megaship that was about to vaporize the whole rebel fleet is a FO spy

Yet in a room that supposedly should be supremely concerned with spies, nobody panicked and tried to cover up his projector thing.

I just don't buy it. Spy worries are an after-the-fact rationalization for the movie, not something it intended.

People have been demoted more than one rank at a time before.

What do you think a briefing is?

Something that the commanding officer of the whole ship doesn't give to a demoted, grunt pilot.

Being demoted to the point of being out of the loop of need to know information in a active battle has never happened.

Neither has a laser fight in space between evil magic monks and princesses but here we are.

He's playing the long game!