I spent the last 13 years waiting for the finale and now its done

I dont even know how to feel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EkIJYrjUYyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uMk8H_ymVVE
youtube.com/watch?v=RMzHm_m4QF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's over

i feel pretty fucking sad and empty to be honest. i mean, he got what he wanted, hes back in his time period, but did he really get what he want? in the future ashi was the only thing he had, and now shes gone.

he also met a bunch of neat friends, and surely he's going to miss a lot of convenient future tech.

Oh well, time to move on.

Say what you want about the other shit but what really ruined this for me was how significantly underwhelming Aku's death was

It just felt so shallow

>Jack returns to the past, but everyone he knew for the past 50 years don't exist
>including his almost-wife

the ultimate sacrifice

He realized that even though all his friends and Ashi are gone, that they got what they wanted and even though Jack has lost them he knows that they and no one else has to suffer anymore because of Aku.

I'm underwhelmed but it's just a show and all I really want is there to not be eight or nine threads every hour for months and months.

I really hope that will stop or at least slow down now.

they really, really didn't need the "running from exploding building" shit. that was cheap as fuck

>you will never have an Ashi
or
>you had your Ashi and something happened to fuck it up

this was one of the things getting me through the weeks
what the fuck do I do now

When's Megas XLR gonna get its ending?!

>Your Ashi never existed because Aku saved the past, present, and future.

>tfw britbong
>its 5:23 am
>Cant even sleep

It hurts thats its over

These last 10 weeks have basically let me relive my childhood too a degree

And now here i am, in a post Samurai Jack world again. With nothing

It's been like 11 weeks. Do whatever you were doing before then.

If you waited 13 years for an ending to an old mid-2000s cartoon, then that's kinda sad.

Honestly when Jack made it back with Ashi I was just like "Ok Gennedy, I know the exact ending won't be particuallry good or satisfying, but lay it on me, I'm ready". Then cue Ashi dropping mid-wedding.

I'm just glad to have seen this series end, and to do so with Sup Forums memes and all.

I liked the ending, though simply killing Aku in the future to avoid Ashi dying and staying in the future would have also been a good ending. Seeing Jack go back to the old scene where Aku first sent him to the future was cool though, and ultimately means Jack prevented the suffering Aku caused.

Meant to say Jack. Fuck, I'm drinking to get through this.

aren't you tired?

>Implying this isnt setting up Season 6

My biggest issue with it is it's dumb how it took Ashi several days (or longer?) to fade out of existence. Why would she not immediately be gone as soon as Aku died?

That aside it was alright. Got back to the past, Samurai Jack. RIP to those hero robots in the mech.

Why are you sad over the ending of a continuation with such bad pacing and such a trite story? Have you never seen an actually sad work of fiction?

I feel like if I stood in front of you and told you that you should be sad, you would start crying.

Well I hated everything about Ashi but the series still ended the way I wanted it to so fuck it, good enough.

>People raging because they think jack will stay in the future
>People raging because he got back to the past and every friend he made in the future is gone

Wew

Genndy you fucking hack. I didn't watch Samurai Jack for the romance. And did you really put Ashi in just to set up that fucking ending. Fuck you Genndy. FUCK YOU.

We could do a storytime with Samurai Jack comics

She was only part Aku so maybe only part of her died when Aku was killed

And the rest of her body gave in days later as a result

You know what you must do.

If I was supposed to feel sad at this scene, they failed miserably. I honestly laughed at how off the pacing was, I felt like it was SUPPOSED to be comedic

Did Ashi die because of a time paradox exactly, if because Aku was eliminated? Would she have died even if she remained in the future and Aku was slain there?

>you will never have an Aku-powered Ashi

Why do I wake up everyday

Wait back off, "Beardsly". Where is your wife, huh? I don't see it. Oh? No no no no no, babe! Don't tell me you lost your wife!

aku's final trick was to wait till the wedding to finally die and kill ashi.

kek

He has his family and all the friends from the past though.

god damn it

Well played

Truly the rusemaster

I feels like Jack will feel empty in the end.

Yes. Like Openly Gay Robin Hood.

>Would she have died even if she remained in the future and Aku was slain there?

No. She only died (or vanished I guess) because of time travel shit.

Gotta get back.
Back to the future.

9/10 as a whole season.

I'm sorry but we're going to need a MASSIVE director's cut of the ending episode. I honestly thought the ending itself was fine, but holy shit, I don't know how the fuck CN looked and said: "yeah this didn't need to be an hour".

The emotional beats would have struck with me amazingly well if they had more time to settle in. But it didn't. Jack is all about the slower moments and letting them sink in and this episode went by so quickly, I know I wasn't the only who had to have felt: "That's it?".

Still I'm thankful we got this season at all. I just really want to know the production behind this season. It definitely felt kinda off to me.

That's the ending I was hoping for. No means of returning to the past, but defeats Aku in the future and prevents further suffering. The fact that he couldn't prevent it all would have been the bitter in the bitter-sweet ending I would have liked. Jack making it to the past, leaving all his friends behind, and losing his almost-wife? Wasn't thrilled with that. I honestly thought, when he was seen on the horse in the creepy forest, he was going to find some magical means of bringing back Ashi, or something, I dunno.

Was the identity of the little green-eyed creature that directed Ashi to Jack at the graveyard ever revealed?

I mean really? You're givning Gennady shit for pacing? The guy only had 10 episodes to re introduce the show, introduce new characters, fight in an arc for them all, fit in a romantic sub plot, fit in all past side characters, have original Jack return, have Jack lose to Aku AND then have Jack finally return to the past

The guy did fucking magic with what he had

It feels like people have forgot by now but episode 2 was one of the very best episodes of any show ever put to TV

>Yfw the Scotsman and everyone else cease to exist

yeah, everything after the time portal didn't give you a fucking second to breathe, it was just "OH SHIT WE GOT 2 MINS LEFT ROLL THAT SHIT! ROLL IT ROLL IT ROLL IT!

She died because Aku was DIRECTLY responsible for her birth. Samurai Jack seems to operate on Back to the Future time rules.

>tfw I wanted the Omen to be a samurai working for Aku named Ronin who was from the same clan as Jack and who Jacked his sword because he was a failure to their clan, and have Jack be haunted by the visions of him, until they finally confront each other, Jack gets his sword back by killing him, he then goes and boss rush every villain he fought in the series so far to kill Aku, and then ultimate boss fight the guardian to go home and kill Aku.
This is ending is fine too.

Yes, of course. is a fucking idiot.

No it didnt.

THE ENDING WAS FUCKING TRASH

This is how I would've rather the fight happened.
>Keep everything involving Jack's comrades appearing and battling against Aku
>Ashi regains control over herself and is freed from the darkness
>Hands Jack his sword
>Jack battles and defeats Future Aku, sealing him within a black tree
>His comrades and Ashi circle around him as peace is restored in the future
>Ashi creates a time portal for Jack since she knows how much his family means to him
>Jack is somewhat hesitant as it would mean leaving all of the companions from the future behind
>The Scotsman and everyone else encourages Jack to go on as they say their final goodbyes.
>Jack asks Ashi to come along with him
>Ashi sadly declines, as Aku's death would mean that she would vanish too
>Ashi encourages Jack to defeat Aku and save his family for her, The Scotsman, and all his friends he's made in the future
>Jack sheds tears before he and Ashi share one final kiss and embrace
>Jack enters the time portal
>Que Past Jack battling against Past Aku
>Battle plays out similar to how it's done in the episode
>Jack kills Aku, but is saddened since he's aware that the Ashi is now gone.
>Jack is now praised as a hero among his family and people
>Time passes on
>Ending plays as it does in the actual episode, but instead of the ladybug, it's an ancestor of the wolf from episode 3

>Pacing issues
>Power of love nonsense
>Get no look at the non-Aku future
>Scotsman and every other character in the series may not even have existed now
>Jack doesn't even get to bang his waifu
Kind of a lame ending, tbqh.

At least all the scenes with side characters doing their things were good. Mecha Samurai and that last interaction between Jack and Scotsman were the highlights of the episode for me.

Now you know why Genndy never originally planned an ending. Endings on tv shows aren't ever completely satisfying, no matter how good they are.

From how I see it, they did what they could with a 22 minute runtime. It definitely need more time though. And 3 more episodes like the previous seasons.

>Pacing issues

Stopped reading right there

But he's totally correct. If Ashi remained in the future she would have survived. She wasn't dependent on Aku.

She died because of the time paradox.

Look at this. He was so happy to finished his quest and find the love of his life. I knew something was going to happen when it took so long for Ashi to walk to priests.

Genndy shut the fuck up ok? The ending was shit and AKUs horribly anticlimactic death is unforgivable.

>He has his family and all the friends from the past though.

It's been 50 years since he's seen them. Hell, he's probably older than his own parents now. With his age and everything he's experienced in the future, his old family and friends are completely unrelatable to him now. He may as well be living in a city full of cavemen.

>She wasn't dependent on Aku.
???

What was the point of showing all his friends and reuniting with the Scotsman, if he just erased them from existence immediately after?

Jack seems like an asshole, he erased an entire timeline just to save his immediately family and friends.

Jack completed his mission but he lost something in the end

Why are you fucking people debating this

Why not just sit back and unquestioningly enjoy something for once in your miserable life

Its not like any of you will ever come even remotely close to writing anything of value

Honestly I was expecting some alternate timelines shit and killing Aku in the past AND future.

I'm not mad but I do think we got the lamest outcome that makes the least sense.

They are if they are written excellently

>there were no pacing issues
there were loads of them and it was especially apparent in the last episode

It would have been better if Jack was sent into the future alone, and the Scotsman caught it happening and said goodbye one last time.

Then when he finally kills past Aku, he has a moment to realize that the entire future was undone and everyone he came to know no longer exist. Then he comes back to society and is rejoiced as the hero, but he contemplates on how everyone he knew is now just a memory.

Then it fast forwards into the future to show modern day equivalents of everyone he saved. Maybe a modern day Ashi and her sisters learning about an ancient samurai who banished evil and stare at awe at the museum exhibit of his sword.

You're gonna see some serious shit.

>we could have had a G-Gundam ending
youtube.com/watch?v=EkIJYrjUYyQ

>but instead we got a Gurren Lagann ending
youtube.com/watch?v=uMk8H_ymVVE

How did you want him to die then?

Basically this. I didn't hate Ashi, I was pretty neutral on her, but damn if the ending wasn't almost exactly what I wanted

If Jack killed Aku in the future, Ashi was already born so she would've lived

Jack killed Aku in the past meaning that everything in the future doesn't exist anymore

i almost cried. 10/10 good ending

Ehhhhh, he still technically saved all his future friends as they never had to endure the tyranny of the Aku in the first place.

>implying there were no pacing issues
We went from 'everyone watching Jack on TV' to 'WE'RE HERE TO SAVE YOU JACK' in the span of like two minutes.

That's fucked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=RMzHm_m4QF0
>We'll never get a full lenght KINO Samurai Jack movie
>We'll never get a full episode epilogue with Hans Zimmer's Last Samurai music

>All we ever got is 3 episodes with KINO art direction and a lot of filler with a shoehorned relationship for one tear jerker that doesn't make any sense.

She wasn't even aware of his parentage until Aku started manipulating the pieces of himself inside her. She even says she can feel Aku leaving her.

Everyone else in the show will eventually be born and lead happier lives, away from the tyranny of evil of Aku.

Except Ashi. Better hope that childhood friend survived, Jack.

And everybody else on the planet from years of torment and cruelty

There were pacing issues, but what the fuck was he suppose to do with 10 episodes?

I mean holy fuck the guy only had 222 minutes to tell the whole fucking 5th season, thats fuckiing 3 hours and 42 minutes

Thats fucking nothing

>Thoroughly enjoying myself the entire episode, big grin on my face for most of it.
>Then the Ashi portal part and everything after it.

I just feel kind of empty now. The first half was just so damn good, but in my heart and soul I wanted Aku and Jack to have one last crazy battle, instead of having him be distracted the whole time while Jack only really fought Ashi. I suppose I should have seen it coming, but damn, it felt like a last second fumble. I even liked the previous few episodes that had people really irate, but this was just a huge miss.

True but he did plan to conclude everything with a movie

He didn't need to have a romantic subplot at all. And if he really felt it was needed he could have left out one of the shitty filler episodes like episode 4 or episode 8 in order to have a two-part finale that didn't feel like he tried to cram 90 minutes of plot into 22.

I agree that he wasn't given enough time but he could have taken the story in any direction. Trying to put in a romance in that short time was the biggest mistake, made it even more difficult to end it.

Fuck, you either negotiate or rework the season arc into the time that you're allotted. They, really, REALLY couldn't get a -normal- length , 12/13 episode season? Or at least an hour for the last episode? Then fucking reduce the amount of filler and subplots. They were clearly trying to tell a story that needed more than 220 minutes to deliver

>Jack making it to the past, leaving all his friends behind, and losing his almost-wife? Wasn't thrilled with that.

That's the fucked up thing. Jack has a good life in both the past and the (now non-existent) future. In the future, his longing for the past haunted him, and now the ghost of this dead future will haunt him.

Wow.All of the adventures he had may as well have never happened, and the friends who risked to save him either were wiped from existence or trapped in a future with an Aku without a magic sword to slay him.

Press f to pay respect

At least this makes more sense than the Gurren Lagann ending.

>have universe where will power can override reality
>refuse to actually save your waifu because of a POSSIBLE calamity that will probably happen anyway

I liked the ending
the sticky is a fucking mess

Better ending would have been Aku being killed int he future, and Jack stuck there with no way to go back.

Ashi still dies, but now with the support of all the friends and allies hes made he moves on and makes the world a better place.

Then he ends up becoming the old king seen in that one portal.

>Get no look at the non-Aku future

We're living in it right now.
It's worse.

He clearly felt like those things were important though

I mean the first four seasons of Samurai Jack we all 14 episodes long, dont tell me if this season had four more episode he couldnt have spread everything out and fixed all the pacing issues

He simply wasnt given enough episodes

f

>tfw he still cucks Jack after he's dead
Has there ever been a villain as undeniably based as Aku?

I have never seen a satisfactory ending to a tv show that has left me satisfied, no matter how well they're executed.

More like Ashi shouldn't have existed to begin with.

Then we would've gotten more focus on Jack's development, along with other characters like Aku or the Scotsman.

Introduce and brand-new, bland plot device waifu for a series finale that's returning from a 10+ year hiatus is one of the worst things you can do from a writing standpoint.

It's not a coincidence that the show quickly went to shit as soon as Ashi started interacting with Jack in a positive light - aka after episodes 3-4.

Gotta get back
Back in the sack
Samurai Jack