YA EUNUCH JELLY THOU

who was in the wrong here ?

Georgie the General, of course.

WELL WELL WELL WELL

A job for two, who are now of job age.

EGGY WEGS

COME ON ALEX, COME FOR WALKING HEHEHEHEHHAHEAHE

Did he actually have his head underwater for so long ? What was the trick to play this scene ?

I heard somewhere that he felt sick after like 20 takes of him being dunked into a troth that had meat extract put in to look like muddy water.

It is true, they did do it. Quite a lot of the shit in the film, like the torture, was very dangerous.

Apparently the eye clips were so unbearably painful, that he managed to get it to snap off his eyelids and scratch his pupils.

>troth

this book does not translate well to film

Disappointing the last chapter, the whole point of the novel, was left out.

Yeah I thought they looked extremely painful and super dangerous. The 70's were a different time though

This. The last chapter was amazing.

So the conditioning wears off and he goes back to his old criminal self, this time with a different group of droogs. He see's his old friend Pete (the only one that didn't participate in setting him up for arrest or become a corrupt cop later) in a restaurant with his wife. He goes and talks to Pete who's now turned into a normal man. This causes Alex to re-evaluate his life.

Alex then, by choice, decides to become a normal responsible adult.

I like this ending much better.

Though Kubrick's film is certainly kino, it has pacing problems (as with everything else he's ever done with only a couple of exceptions). Also, it's said, "nothing is dated faster than the future" and this holds true. Kubrick's styles in Clockwork are almost shamefully dated and it will have younger people thinking that it's far too corny to be good.

I personally like the book and the movie, but Clockwork could honestly deserves a better adaptation. I know this is heresy to Kubrick-worshippers. Malcolm McDowell is great, and the psychedlic scenery is cool, but very shamefully dated. Denis Villeneuve would probably slay it.

They're a vicious blood-thirsty gang that rapes, beats, kills, and pillages. Within such gangs there are, at times, a very vicious hierarchy struggle.

However's kind of low for George and Dim (in the book, Pete was neutral, in the movie, it's unclear) set him up for arrest, that's very ethically questionable even for lowlifes like this. Getting a rival set up for arrest by police is a scambag move, even among low-lifes. But I think they knew they couldn't take Alex in combat, he was too wiley and unpredictable, so they set him up for arrest.

>clockwork orange looks dated
kek

But it didn't necessarily HAVE to look dated. You look at Space Odyssey and really that type of scenery *might* be how the future conceivably looks.

>very dated

Clockwork Orange was a challenge, it had a very low budget compared to other Kubrick movies.

it doesn't look dated

it doesn't look dated. go to Britain that's what it's like

I live in Britain mate.

I don't think it necessarily looks dated. I mean, if you look at the milk bar, I nearly guarantee theres some hipster shop or bar in California that looks exactly like it. As for the other aspects, the clothes, his bed, interior design etc. It all just looks like a type of fashion show stuff. Most things you see in fashion shows never see the light of day in the real world, yet designers still make em, the world in Clockwork Orange just comes off as a world where this fashion actually takes off, still semi-believable to me

so what about it is "shamefully dated"? some user is going on about space odyssey as if the point of clockwork orange was to be show plausible future technologies or some shit.

Oh no it isnt dated, I'm just stating it was a intentionally low budget film.

But knowing Kubrick, he still managed to create an amazing movie.