Did she genuinely care about K or she just programmed to do so?

Did she genuinely care about K or she just programmed to do so?

what is the difference

They pretty much spell it out for you.

Did you genuinely not get it or are you just programmed to make these threads?

It literally does not matter. Imagine coming home to Joi, you'd forget about the whole programming things pretty fast. She shows so much affection, there's no way you'd ever resist that much cuteness.

>she just programmed to do so?
Aren't we all?

/thread

is she programmed to look perfect or am I just lonely?

human beings are biologically programmed to care about whatever they care about

do you genuinely enjoy eating food or are you just programmed to do so?

The hologram scene proves the latter peanut brain

why don't you ask her? ;)

She is perfect, it's not just you. Even everyone (except one weird guy) on Sup Forums likes her.

Ana is a very wholesome woman.

You're a handsome Joe

Answers that.

>You look lonely

Exactly, just like the Clone Rachel scene proves that Deckard was a dumb fag who fell in love with an object too

If thats what you took away from that then you missed the point my fren

i love her

I know. You're a good Joe.

Of course programmed.
She isn't special, same as him.

This is the love molecule, this is how nature program us.

D1d A1 r3al`1y c@r3 'bout K OR progr@m????????????

#villeneuveoscars2018

Joi is sentient. We know this because:

>She actually helps him figure out his case, indicating she has high cognitive function.

>She asks him to destroy her sync antenna, indicating willingness to self-sacrifice and the ability to break laws and protocols; something she was surely programmed not to do.

In the "good Joe" scene his expressions clearly show he's having the revelation his love was never real. But it's a false revelation. Just as real people convince themselves they never loved someone after losing them, K is retconning his own relationship with Joi. She was a real sentient being that loved him. He needs to believe she wasn't so he can create greater meaning in his life with real people.

Also, when the advert hologram calls him "Joe" just like she did, this is most likely the Weyland advertising system using data his Joi unknowingly sent them. Not because she's programmed to call everyone "Joe." We see in the living room scene she gave him several options of possible pet names, and had no idea which he'd pick (or not pick).

The majority of potential customers would have unique names. The system detected she had not synced in several days, so assumed his unit had been lost. The holographic billboard recognized his face and used the pet name on file to try selling him another one.

women never care about men, real or otherwise

>indicating willingness to self-sacrifice and the ability to break laws and protocols; something she was surely programmed not to do.
m8, she can't sacrifice anything. She just says things he wants to hear.
You are special, i love you. An he wasn't special and she wasn't loved him.

>The system detected she had not synced in several days, so assumed his unit had been lost. The holographic billboard recognized his face and used the pet name on file to try selling him another one.
He is replicant, without name with any base. He takes name from ai, but it was just a typical generic name and ad system can't know about it.

Deal with it, it was all lie.

Also
>using data his Joi unknowingly sent them
Very wrong. If it was a case, they would spy on him through her, and they never done it.
His waifu was stupid brainless siri.

Yeah I don't know OP, I mean that entire scene with JOI standing in front of a massive neon EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO HEAR sign left much up to interpretation. I shall be stroking my chin in deep though over this kino for many years to come

The scene where she was jealous/upset at the prostitute made me think she was sentient.

She wasn't, it is a trick. Because you believed she is alive.
She just said she needs to go away. And she was right and no need to be polite with a stranger.

every replicant and human in this movie acts like a fucking boring emotionless robot, the only character that acts naturally is the robot.

She was clearly jealous. Which is why the prostitute said "I've been inside you and there's not as much there as you think". Even robots don't respect AI sentience.

You don't have to say that

>She was clearly jealous
How, tell me exactly how?

It was more about home protection, because prostitute started to pick up his items.

Did you ever think maybe that's the point? This whole movie is about what makes humans human. Or what we think makes humans human.

looks like you can't pick on emotions from ton of voice and facial expressions, you might have autism

she was jealous and you could tell even before they had sex

>How, tell me exactly how?
Context, acting, basic screenwriting logic.

No I think it's poor acting, even in the original, Rachael is supposed to be an extremely convincing human good enough to pass the Voight-Kampff test or do much better than previous models, but she acts like a fucking mechanic robot. The most human-like character is actually an older model, Roy.

Did other Joi's hire prostitutes out of their own initiative to have sex with their owners?

I will repeat myself.
You think she is alive so you think she is jealous and has real emotions.
Now look at this if she was brainless siri.
And click, you will understand, just like main character.

Prostitute wasn't surprised about it, so how you think?

damn...

she was simulating jealousy, whether she "feels" it or not is impossible to determine, regardless of the other being is a mechanic machine or a biological one.

I’ve never seen a 10/10 before.
How can she be this beautiful?

Is it a Chinatown reference?

>jealousy
Again, she just asked prostitute to go away.

stay autistic

Wallace flat out tells Deckard that he and Rachel were programmed by Tyrell to love each other

She reasoned they would spy on him through her, which is why she asked him to break her sync antenna. She was very smart and deduced this herself. Again, she was intelligent enough to help him reason through the mystery of the missing replicant child, which included comprehending concepts of DNA analysis. The Joi could become as intelligent as her user needed her to be. K needed Joi to be very smart, which is what led to her becoming independent of her original design intent. The majority of the population were still natural born humans. Most of them would be alienated losers who only needed a Joi to feel loved. Almost none would have ever involved Joi in their professional lives. K's situation was unique. The combination of factors in his specific situation led to her becoming smart enough to go against the interests of her manufacturer.

Ambiguity and concealed intent of the screenwriter is a feature of timeless kino.

But clearly there was tension in the air. The prostitute even remarked: I've been inside you, not as much there as you think.

Now I'm sad because I know I'd just ask my Joi to play Mario Kart and watch anime with me and it turns out I'd be abusing her just by stunting her potential

why does being programmed to care for someone means that you don't "genuinely" care for them?

>She reasoned they would spy on him through her
Watch again. She said they can look through her data and see their past conversations, nothing more. This is basic rule for any file protection.
She wasn't smart, she never said anything he didn't know. She always said things for him to feel better, nothing more.

>tension
Again, you see it, because you think she is alive.

>prostitute even remarked:
Prostitute, not AI and AI not responded. Because prostitute saw many same AI and they all say I LOVE YOU, but it is a lie.

Here's an argument all of you need to consider

why are you so sure that robots can't have real emotions? what's the fundamental difference between a perfectly simulated brain and a biological brain?

That's the point OP. You're supposed to wonder, and not get a definitive answer.

>Did K have a soul?
>Is K part human?
>Do all replicants have human qualities?
>Do other AI?
>Do they evolve independent of their programming?
>Is Harrison Ford a replicant?
>Was he just programmed to meet and fall in love with Rachel?
>What is "human"?
>Is Elon Musk a carrot?

>have a girlfriend
Does she genuinely care about you or does she pretend to because she needs a rich and good looking daddy boyfriend?

At least Joi is honest.

No one is responsible for another person stunting their own potential out of love. Suppose you had a real gf with a lot of potential, but because she loved you she spent all her time playing vidya with you. Many girls do this. You wouldn't be responsible for that either.

>She always said things for him to feel better, nothing more.
Which only shows she was prone to biased reasoning. Another attribute of real people.

>why are you so sure that robots can't have real emotions?
And what makes his AI different? He thought he is different. And how it ended?
They programmed to do such things. No free will. No choosing.
You bought me, i love you.

>she was prone to biased reasoning
It was only things she said to him. You are special, i'm sure, you are special.
And he even believed it, like a fool he was.

>bottom left
Maximum comfy cute

fpbp

>No free will.

Free will isn't fucking real, it's an illusion.

>They programmed to do such things. No choosing.
Mothers don't choose to love their children, they are programmed to do such things.

Point granted, I see what you're saying. But Joi did in fact provoke that response from the prostitute.

>Mothers don't choose to love their children, they are programmed to do such things.
And many mothers kill their kids. Even newborn.

>Free will isn't fucking real, it's an illusion.
You do not understand? She can't not love him, can't be angry at him, can't argue with him.

>You are special, i'm sure, you are special.
>And he even believed it, like a fool he was.
She also believed it. She was also imperfect, in a quite human way.

If a Joi is programmed to love, does that make her love any less real? Biology has programmed you to love, but you consider that genuine nonetheless.

>But Joi did in fact provoke that response from the prostitute.
Intentionally or not.
It was more about prostitute and her world view.

Programmed. The scene near the start where she quickly swaps between several outfits to try and conform to K’s mood is depressing as fuck; she has no agency or will of her own, her ‘prime directive’ is just to please her owner.

>She also believed it.
Because he always was special to her, by default.

>She was also imperfect
How?

>And many mothers kill their kids.

yes, they are defective. Many, I mean most software is defective too.

>She can't not love him, can't be angry at him, can't argue with him.

so? You don't choose who you love, you don't choose when to be angry, you don't choose to feel pain, you don't even choose what thoughts to have, it all comes to you, no free will involved at all.

>And many mothers kill their kids.
Very, very few. And we all instinctively recognize that as an aberration.

I'm assuming you assume this isn't the first time the prostitute has synced with Joi. I like this idea.

>this isn't the first time the prostitute has synced with Joi
Wasn't it obvious? She wasn't surprised and looked like her usual deal.
She never commented on her to be AI and just waited to be synced.

Programmed.

Joi tells you what you want to hear. She wanted to be destroyed to keep K safe

>You don't choose who you love
If you want, you can stop loving and leave.
AI can't do this.

yes

>If you want, you can stop loving and leave.

>Because he always was special to her, by default.

Once a girl falls in love with you she also thinks about you the same way. You are also special to her by default.

The only difference is what the parameters are for falling in love. A girl falls in love with a man out of social conditioning + biological programming (much of that hormonal). A Joi falls in love with her user because he takes her out of the box and turns her on.

>If you want, you can stop loving and leave.
I've never been able to do this.

You just posted what said but stole the limelight!

Hey this guys a phoney!

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Probably an AI. Just telling anons what they want to hear.

Micropasta is the new meme of 2018.

spanish genes

>Once a girl falls in love with you she also thinks about you the same way.
Did you ever been in relationship with girl? It is never always yes and you are special.
But with AI it is.

It's a shame she didn't.

But then again, who does?

>if Joi doesn't emulate EXACTLY how a women would act like then her emotions can't be real

that's dumb, stop using this argument, she could have been a robot programmed to be an obnoxious PMS-driven cunt that could eventually hate and leave her owner, that wouldn't make her emotions any less or more real

Well if she had a choice how she can act, it would make her more real.
But it would be worthless product.

>virus that turns JOI into CEI

>Well if she had a choice how she can act, it would make her more real.

no it wouldn't.

Imagine if you were born with a genetic defect that inhibits your production of anger-related hormones, to the point that you are incapable of feeling anger. What's the fundamental difference between that and a robot that is programmed in such a way that it can't feel anger towards the owner? Are you less "conscious" because you can't feel anger? Is your feeling of love less real? The answer is no.

but we are the program

>imagine if we will remove human characteristics
Shitty argument m8, You example can't happen in real life.

But give AI an option how to act, based on your behaviour, if she likes you or not, she can't delete herself, be mean to you or leave.
Will it make her more human? Yes it will.

I'm not arguing over what's more or less human-like, I'm arguing over what makes emotions real (i.e. does she feel love?). If she has a huge set of possible emotions or if her emotions are limited, that bears no weight whatsoever on whether those emotions are actually real. If you concede that a robot that simulates a normal woman perfectly, including being capable of leaving her partner and cease to love him, has real emotions, then a robot that simulates a non-normal woman, one that is incapable of feeling hatred towards her partner/owner, also has real emotions. So stop arguing over "b-but she can't do this or that", it's irrelevant.

It isn't her emotions, it is her program.
Siri searches for you.
Joi makes you feel good.

And if you like when she dominates you and hates you, she will.

>then a robot that simulates a non-normal woman, one that is incapable of feeling hatred towards her partner/owner, also has real emotions.
You see, he is a flaw.
Show me, how human without hate emotion can be still considered human.

If Joi didn't care for him and was just programmed to then she would have turned him in or not told him to disconnect her.

humans aren't the only being capable of feeling emotions, you know, other mammals feel them too. Psychopaths feel emotions, but a limited set of them, they don't feel remorse, and they are still human. Read this from the beginning:

No

Show me a human without hate towards his partner.

I'm not sure if you two faggots arguing in this thread are pretending to be retarded or programmed to pretend to be retarded.