Are any of the Transformers cartoons/comics worth watching/reading besides Beast Wars?

Are any of the Transformers cartoons/comics worth watching/reading besides Beast Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/notxXm9_FzE?t=248
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>He isnt reading IDWformers

Maximum Pleb.

I want to be an un-pleb :c

the japanese kre-o comics.

Rescue Bots

stop trolling me :c

IDW comics are a good ride. It has the best incarnations (in terms of writing and development) of just about every character save for a few exceptions like Arcee, Bumblebee, and Sunstorm.

If you like getting fuck drunk and laughing at shite, G1 cartoon is a fun ride.

If you want actual good Transformers content though Animated and IDW comics are the best you'd get.

they're short, full of easter eggs and quite funny.
you could probably do the whole series under 30 minutes (if you're a speed reader) because it's short lived.

The best thing about the Kreo-O comics is canon Megatron lingerie.

Classic Marvel UK stories like Target 2006, Dinbot Hunt, National Interest, and State Games.

IDW's comics, especially Last Stand of the Wreckers.

This one episode from G1 or was it G2 during the Rodimus run of things?

You learn the true nature of the Quintessons. They aren't out there the conquer. They are out there to make money and for millions of years they have been Jewing the entire fucking galaxy.

The fun starts at 4:08

youtu.be/notxXm9_FzE?t=248

Galvatron steals the journal because he thinks there may be some Quintesson super weapon mentioned. He fails to grasp the Eternal Quintesson's only 'weapon' is manipulating hotheads and despots (like himself) for Maximum Profits $$$$

so are the old 80s cartoons any good or just pure cheese?

Pure cheese but it's funny as hell.

G1, Beast Wars, Animated, and Prime are all worth the watch IMO

Unlike some of the posters ITT, I simply can't get into IDW (as a whole, I've read a couple decent things here and there, but as a whole too much of it seems so....untransofmersy to me and a lot of it seems to be really convoluted)

IDW stuff is pretty great, but it ain't flawless.

Here's the read list if you don't mind.

That's a matter of personal taste.

Transformers Animated is good. Transformers: Prime is good. Some of Dreamwave is good. IDW is pretty solid good. Devil's Due was pretty good. RID is not bad. Regeneration One was pretty good even if it was depressing.

But that is MY opinion.

IDW is heavily influenced by
1. Who is the writer (They had some SHITTY writers in the past. Mike Costa in particular was a fucking punishment inflicted on the fandom for... well we've done lots of things to deserve punishment)
and
2. Is there a stupid Hasbro-mandated "Event" going on. Events tend to suck. Fucking Combiner Wars...

They are not pure cheese. They had some gravitas that modern shows lack.

I don't know what it is. The music? The fact it was not focusing on a small, particular group of people?

I think it was that you never really got inside the characters. You were seeing them as you see real people: from the outside, without really knowing what they think and feel. Character exposition was rare and usually presented in the form of an epic story in and of itself.

Take 'The secret of Omega Supreme', which, oddlly, is one of the most intimate episodes ever. As Omega explains what fucked him up so much he basically took on an unemotional persona just to handle the trauma, it's still told like a normal episode... from the outside.

The characters are achetypes, even the humans. I mean, who the fuck IS Spike Witwicky? Does he ever even date a girl, like in the comics?

And, of course, it really is from a strange, distant era - a world that no longer exists. The First Cold War was still going on for chrissakes.

>They had some SHITTY writers in the past.
>had

I agree, lots of younger people simply can't handle 80s type animation or aesthetics which is a shame because I feel like people really miss out on some good shit, same as even younger people who can't handle the early CGI of Beast Wars long enough to get into it