Is this too long?

Is this too long?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not at all

It wasn't long enough...
youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is one of the few films that uses such a long length perfectly.

Shit. At least one of the greatest cultural icons was given the proper care it deserved. Can't say the same for The Hobbit or SW which is a shame

needed the scouring of the shire to be perfect

It's half as long as it should have been.

fuck

Pelennor Fields got butchered. We needed at least 15 minutes to show the ghosts help Aragorn and Co. defeat the Corsairs, then rallying the slaves and coastal Gondorians and pincering Sauron's army from the port. Invincible ghosts slaughtering everything was silly and created plot holes.
In fact the whole Siege of Minas Tirith was way too simplified and undetailed. No orc-built trenches and earthworks, no cloud of ash and smoke, under-utilized Evil Men, Gondorians getting shit on constantly instead of being stalwart and courageous.

Nothing will ever top this trilogy.

>had another sad day

everytime

first time watching the extended edition right now see you tomorrow

I knew what this would be before opening. Hits me in the feels every time. This trilogy couldn't have been long enough.

As others have said, it wasn't long enough. Even the EE could've used more scenes. These are the only movies I can sit down and watch without thinking about time, I just get sucked into the world.

Not even half as long as it should have been
I wish those people had filmed for another 3 years

having watched lotr and 2T ee, I'd say they are long enough for those that care. about to watch rotk ee with gf and family. none of us read the books, but love the extra nerd scenes

The theatrical versions are just right for a trip to the cinema, I completely understand that they had to cut or shorten a lot of scenes because you can't expect people to sit down for 4 hours in the cinema.

The Extended Editions are perfect in terms of length, because you can watch it from the comfort of your own home, sitting on your couch, lying in bed, time to make lovely snacks, toilet breaks etc. I wouldn't want to watch the EEs in the cinema because I hate sitting still in those chairs for so long. The EEs also have a lot of scenes that develop the several characters, explain more of the plot, and much more, which all results in a perfect trilogy experience that doesn't slow down or feel like the scenes are forced in to make the running time longer. It's perfect.
Except maybe one or two Merry/Pippin/Treebeard scenes in TTT EE

They aren’t even long

Of course not.

what is/are the best editions to own?
serious question.
thanks.

Not long enough. Needs longer shots of Galadriel's dirty bare feet.

When are we getting the Feanor quadrilogy? 16 hours. EE 20 hours

Extended Editions. It's the way the trilogy is meant to be viewed. It's about 12 hours in total but if you enjoy the atmosphere and aesthetic of the movies you shouldn't have a problem with that

is there EEs for the hobbit as well?
i've the fan made version, forget name and meh...

>EEs for the hobbit
Who would want that?

i would like to see goldberry cucking old tom with short people.

why the fuck have i never seen this before

user you should give yourself the pleasure of seeing all the making-of videos of all three movies. They're all on youtube.

They all have EEs as well.
I do recommend the fanmade version though, it turns all three movies into one 4 hour movie that follows the book much more closely and gets rid of all the terrible extra plotlines they forced in, like all the Tauriel and Legolas scenes, the terrible Necromancer plotline, the Alfrid comic relief scenes, and much more that the adaptation really could've done without.

I prefer the Maple Films Hobbit edit. 9/10

No
If you had posted the Hobbit trilogy on the other hand . . .