Well that was pretty good

Well that was pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!dy4CGLjY!_Zw7RiPg3TnLE-45YFNoU6MiiVzjIqvCJuiyjeuKqA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The first 3 episodes were literal bait for edgy manchildren
Was Genndy secretly genius?

First 2 episodes and first half of third are the best part of this show.

Rest is incredibly rushed, laughable story with retarded romance forced in and worst ending ever.

> Jack: Ashi what's wrong?
> Ashi: Time Paradox LOL *poofs*

It was fucking laughable. I couldn't even feel sad.

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

It was alright, the time paradox thing at the end was stupid.

Isn't it odd that she died like weeks after Aku? Shouldn't she gave been screaming in pain as Jack killed Aku?

>for the first 3 episodes.

This.

Gendry is a fucking hack.

Legit cringed at the line

>Ashi, you have Aku's powers!

She kind of is a fanfiction cliche you guys

In lots of stories with time travel, time takes a sort of 'meta-time' to catch up with itself. Sometimes it's only seconds or minutes, but it's rare that the timeline cleans itself up instantly. That wouldn't allow for heart-wrenching goodbyes and whatnot

It had flaws, that's for sure. But in the end, it was amazing. I loved it, despite its shortcomings, and it will forever hold a special place in my heart. I still don't know if I would have preferred a 2 hour long movie, but for what we got I am immensely satisfied.

I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE ENDING

It was perfect except how Ashi disappeared. I always believe that time traveling removes you from your original timeline so you can't get paradoxed, but whatever you don't have to play by my rules. WHY WAS THERE SUCH A HUGE TIME GAP BETWEEN AKU DYING AND ASHI DISAPPEARING? It is L I T E R A L L Y as if Ashi only disappears because only then at that point thought about it and thinking about it causes it to happen.

She should have disappeared right as Aku died for it to make any sense. But I know WHY they did it, they wanted it to be super fucking sad to have her die on their wedding day.

WELL THERE WAS AN EASIER WAY TO DO IT

When Ashi is preparing for the wedding show her coughing and getting sickly, then when she falls over she instead says "Aku's power was the only thing keeping me alive" and then instead of disappearing she flakes away as burned ash just like Aku does. Literally the EXACT same emotional moment, but now it actually makes sense. Precedence for it too given that Aku was able to control her by proxy, just say that they were secretly always linked.

Other than that it was fine. Just pretend it ended with Ashi smiling and walking up to Jack, just smash cut to credits right there and then it's fine.

fag

Well, she is his daughter and had been shapeshifting during the entire episode. It was pretty obvious she had them.

>best part of the show is 3 episodes that are completely different than the original series

Really? Every single time travel story either uses the parallel timelines thing or changes happen really quickly. I've actually never seen a story where timeline changes take like a days or weeks to catch up.

*Every single time travel story I've seen, I wanted to ask for examples of the contrary. My brain's bad today.

>a female character solely made to be the male main character's waifu
>gets OP superpowers proceeds to be as competent as the main character and villain
>essentially becomes the plot device/McGuffin of the story
>has an overdramatic tragic end during a wedding for drama

Literally fan-fiction tier writing,

If I'm not mistaken, Back to the Future is like this.
... When it's convienient for the script, that is, BttF is a bit inconsistent with its rules. But there are times when things start disappearing slowly after an alteration is done instead of instantly being wiped out.

Also, there is the possibility Ashi survived long because of her own Aku powers and only died when completely exhausted. Aku has time powers after all.

>Also, there is the possibility Ashi survived long because of her own Aku powers and only died when completely exhausted. Aku has time powers after all.

That's EXACTLY my point in my other post

THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT

THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID IT WAS HER AKU POWERS KEEPING HER TOGETHER AND AT THAT MOMENT IT RAN OUT

Because now it looks like she only disappears because she thinks about it and that's fucking stupid.

You guys remember that samurai jack was just a monster of the week show that kept contriving reasons why jack couldn't go back to the past. It wasn't known for its tightly woven narrative.

I hate when shows pick and choose which time travel rules to follow.

Yes. I wish they hadn't been made so I wouldn't be expecting that kind of excellence from the rest of the season.

Pretty much the same. I've seen many shows/movies with (painful) flaws however I choose to acknowledge but not be bitter about it. Instead I'd mostly like to focus on what was really good. Like in Jack's case: the music, backgrounds and scenery, most of the individual characters and standalone episodes.

I have a problem with the wedding scene as well, but I'd like the opposite. They get married and then she fades away on the altar.

And I agree they should have snuck in a line about how Aku's power was keeping her from fading, or, if that's how time works in this, how she would disappear a while after the change.

But neither of those are a major problem for me.

>pretty good
That last episode was a goddamn mess.

>Pacing issues
>Power of love shit
>Entire series, all those characters and adventures, undone because loltimetravel
>Ashi gets wiped out after being forced on the audience for the entire season
>Don't even get to see a glimpse of the future Jack created
A fucking mess. In fact, its the culmination of all the little problems that had been piling up throughout the rest of the season.

What a fucking shit. At least Scotsman and Mecha Samurai were good.

Jack killing Aku should technically make it impossible for him to kill Aku the way he did

since there is no more Aku, then Ashi can't be born....thus she is stopping to exist.

However, No furniture ashi, no time portal for jack to go back to the past

Fuck, I miss Sudoku Jack so goddamn much now.

The only problem with the time travel is that Ashi shouldn't have gone to the past with Jack.

The first 3 episodes were damn near masterpieces, series went to shit as soon as Ashi opened her mouth. There was nothing like the first 3 episodes after that.

Was this updated for the final episode?

We don't even get a goodbye to anyone, bitch just pops open a portal and away they go, then she dies.

How can you die if you never existed in the first place.

Exactly, it would've been fine if they played the "removed from original timeline card" or made up another reason for Ashi dying. But the fact that they explicitly make it about a time paradox means that the events as they happened shouldn't work. They decided to pick and choose with time travel rules.

They could've easily avoided the problem by making up another reason but they wanted to seem SOOOO smart and insert some time travel shit in the ending without thinking about the problems it causes. I hate that the most, problems that arise that could've easily been avoided without changing anything. Change Ashi's one line from "lol time paradox" to "lol Aku's power kept me alive" and you avoid this problem entirely.

Not really, it was clear she was weakining since they defeated Aku. There's that scene where she falls but reassures Jack she's fine. Then during her walk her eyes/expression also looked very tired.
That already shows it was a gradual process of weakining since Aku died.
This show never explained things in much detail anyway, and I don't really think this in particular needs to be explained beyond what was shown.

What was Jack's War Assets by the end?

It was shit. Ignore the Genndy dick riders. Only half of the show was decent.

you're right, Jack shouldn't have gone back to the past

I liked Yoko in a suit.

Better ending should have had everything be normal, Jack is training Ashi and she accidentally cuts herself with a sword.

As they leave to go tend to the wound, the camera pans down to the droplets of blood on the ground, and they turn black and start to move.

>[muffled Aku laughing in the background]

All they really needed to do was change Ashi's one single line of dialogue to be something NOT about time travel and it would be less stupid looking. Because her one explanation line is "I just realized time paradox!" it makes it look like she died because she THOUGHT about the time paradox.

Just change that one line to something else. They didn't need to explain a fucking thing just don't make that one line so stupid and nonsensical since it causes a time paradox with how Jack defeats Aku anyway.

That last picture makes the episode look better than it actually was.

Why does everyone in this thread keeps insisting time travel can only work one way and everything else besides the version they like of it is wrong?
I mean you do know there's a gorillion of different time travel rules in different works, right?

Thanks, user

Was shit. At least it ended.

That last episode though, that was the cheesiest fuckingbthing ive ever seen and i loved every second of it.

Theres nothing like good old fashioned cheesy action cartoons.

>it makes it look like she died because she THOUGHT about the time paradox.
To you, "it's because she thought about it" didn't ever cross my mind.
Maybe you're just retarded user.

Same. It was mostly good, but the finale needed to be double length. Also, that tea gag took too long.

But it's good.

Trying to find any flaw with the ending.

It's beautiful. Should have sent a poet.

Probability of the same team doing another project (hopefully a new ip)?

welp it's TTGL all over again. Fuck this. Out of all the choices on how to end they went with the worst one.

I liked it but it was rushed, Jack doesn't even get to say goodbye to anyone and may have just made them nonexistent with the time travel rules they set up.

The middle of the season was the weakest part, but yeah overall it was good.

Now I'm just siting back and having a laugh at how Sup Forums can't accept anything not being either utter irredemably shit or a flawless masterpiece.

Or maybe you are because you don't think things through. Either she had the realization as she was dying which then makes it look like the realization killed her, or she had some idea beforehand which makes it weird why she didn't say anything about it. It comes off as really weird that the time paradox waited that long to afflict the change to her existence but not any events that she had done, and it bothers me that that weird feeling could've been avoided even by rephrasing her last words.

The crux of it comes down to, anyone with half a brain can tell they only did things this way because they wanted to have this one sad scene. That's lazy, lazy in how blatant they did things to set up this one emotional moment. And if they wanted to have this emotional moment then fine but I'm just saying there was a better way to go about it that would've taken no more effort.

What?

>92574863
You're either being retarded for (You)s or your IQ level is that of a pigeon shit.

>the newfag hates SJ and loves JoJo
Surprising.

Except she was getting weaker before she says it. You're ignoring that.

Also if you would be ok with it had she worded things slightly differently, then we are just arguing over semantics.
I'm not disagreeing they could have made things more clear, but I don't get how someone can be this mad about it.

It was meh
Not worth the hype.

> they only did things this way because they wanted to have this one sad scene. That's lazy, lazy in how blatant they did things to set up this one emotional moment.
You mean the writers did a particular setup because they wanted a particular scene as payoff? Outrageous!

I'm so glad I got to see this completed. Whatever user was responsible for this, he or she has my eternal gratefulness.

Overall? I'd give the Season 8/10. It's not perfect, or what most people wanted/expected necessarily, and half the season's episodes had rushed final scenes so that the middle of the episode could let its animation/setpiece boner go full-force, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it.

3 > 2=1 > 9>=10 > 7>=8 > 6 > 4>=5, and I wouldn't call any of them bad episodes on the whole, but 4 and 5 were close to being mediocre if not for a couple saving graces.

I'm glad it happened, I'm glad it's over, I'm glad I saw it (and watched it with some friends), but I won't pretend it stuck the landing perfectly.

Fucking beautiful. Saved.
Genndy said he's already talking with [as]. I would hope an original project gets hype regardless of thoughts about SJS5; it would be an entirely different undertaking, likely more episodic and with WAY less baggage on how to do things than the finale of a 15+ year old beloved series.

In a totally unnatural way

Stephen King put it best when he said he creates characters, and where they end up isn't dictated or forced by him

other than the last 3 minutes episode xcix was incredibly boring and felt like a waste. It doesn't deserve that reaction.

I'm convinced something happened after episode three that made the pacing go to shit.

I don't think it felt that unnatural. It could be done better but I didn't find it particularly poorly done either. But each to their own I guess.

3/10

Only the first 3 episodes showed promise. Rest was just waifu baiting and time paradox bullshit.

Ashi didnt die

Your logic is sound, however you fail to understand just because something is logical doesn't mean it isn't fucking horseshit.

IT WAS FUCKING SHIT KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

>The comic actually had a better ending
Jack realizing he can't change the past and instead saving the future. But because the comic did this already, we got an ending where everyone throughout the series is erased from existance, ignoring the fact that if Ashi was never born, he wouldn't have been to go back to the past.

I'm this mad because of how easily they could've avoided the problem with no effort. It's like that video of lots of mildly annoying things happening. They could have made things more clear by changing one line of dialogue, that's just frustrating to think about. It's poor writing and poor pacing is what it is.

There's a good way to write a situation with the desired outcome, and a bad way

Say I want a character to die protecting another character

Good way
>"I'll shoot you with my gun!"
>"I'll push you out of the way, but in the process I got shot and am now bleeding to death!"

bad way
>"I'll shoot you with my gun that fires very slow energy bullets!"
>"Instead of pushing you out of the way I'm just gonna stand in front of you for what looks like a solid ten seconds and not make any attempt to move you out of the way or deflect the energy bullet"

It's not the worst example but I'm not gonna let it slide just because it's not the worst I've seen.

It should have ended with either both of them dying, or Jack coming to terms with the fact he'll never return to the past.

If they were going to pull the time-paradox bullshit, Ashi should have disappeared almost instantly, and Jack should have aged 50 years and passed as a result.

Or he could have accepted the situation that he would never return to the past, and after defeating Aku, lived out the rest of his immortal life with his Aku-Powered immortal Waifu as guardians of the new world, gradually undoing Aku's influence.

It was fine. The final episode needed a Venture Bros style 45 minute special on the ending to flesh it out slightly more. But Gendy was going for a Kurasawa homage ending and damned if he wasn't going to pull it off (Seven Samurai in particular). It just felt rushed, which made people confused to the final message (Jack won the battle with Aku. But it was phyric for him since he lost his true love. But their sacrifice was for the betterment world)

Pic related says all

something definetly happened with the first 3 episodes, they were absolutely great, but the rest of them were worse than the original series

those people would want to be erased from existence if it stopped aku. Jack had to get back to the past, any other ending would just be an edgy cop-out. No wonder they saved that ending for a comic book.

Oh shit can you imagine

They kill Aku and all the warriors of the past come to congratulate them. Suddenly Ashi keels over and starts fading while Jack suddenly ages 50 years in an instant. They're both dying but they're dying together and they hold each others hands as they go, and then you end with the same shot but two gravestones placed next to each other.

Bam. Twice as emotional, less confusing contradiction.

Is that even a question? It was Ashi, Ashi as a character basically fucked the rest of the season.

Watching it a second time made me realize how good it really was. It was a lot to take in the first time around and I understand where people are coming from. I'm sure in time this all will be cleared up in a few months.

Calm down autismo.

>edgy
This word has lost all meaning.

It's almost as if she REALIZED she can't exist and then BAMN reality hit her.

Makes sense in cartoon logic

What a horrific ending, in a way that's even worse than the futurefag one. So glad you're not Genndy.

>Except she was getting weaker before she says it. You're ignoring that.
There's the one line that's instead explained away as "I felt him leave me" which sets up the Aku juice explanation better. Then she looks pretty damn peachy when she's preparing for her wedding, her only display of discomfort is seconds before she falls over where she looks troubled like she's thinking about something and not feeling sick.

I thought I was the only one feeling mass effect on this

that's because some words are used to convey a feeling, like "nice" and "fun". They don't have objective definitions but that doesn't make them meaningless.

Anyone got a mega for latest ep?

You literally can't stop me
because I'm right and your only defense is "it's a cartoon mane don't think about it too hard"

>go into a story about time travel
>expect there to be no paradoxes

What were you expecting? Time travel never makes any sense, unless you're talking about parallel universes. Name one (1) example of a time travel story without any possible paradoxes.

mega.nz/#!dy4CGLjY!_Zw7RiPg3TnLE-45YFNoU6MiiVzjIqvCJuiyjeuKqA4

nice

I was expecting parallel universes because as you said, time paradoxes don't happen when you pull a DBZ Trunks thing and just say "fuck it they're not in their original timeline anymore"

Dragonball Z had a pretty succinct and simple-to-chart time travel story, which is pretty weird since a lot of stuff about DBZ is vague and hard to explain; I suppose it falls into the multiverse theory exception, though.

That's just me playing Devil's Advocate, though, I agree.

All of those are horrifying.
>So glad you're not Genndy.

This has probably pointed out few dozens of times already, but...

IS REALLY CEASING TO EXIST THAT MUCH BETTER FROM AKU'S INFERNAL WORLD?

It isn't just Ashi, but billions upon billions worth of lives that came into the world of Aku's creation, many of whom Jack tried to help.
All of that has been erased in an instant.

And all due to "Hey, Ashi! You randomly have all of Aku's powers!" twist.