Sup Forums hates the ending of Samurai Jack

>Sup Forums hates the ending of Samurai Jack
>Ask them to come up with a different and better one
>All of their variations on it are worse than the ending we got

>people have different opinions
stops the presses lad

not only that but the people bitching on how he did go back to the past are nowhere near close to the people who would have bitched if he didn't

Welcome to Sup Forums a center of never ending denial

Why didn't Jack become the new Aku?

>people have different opinons
Who would have thought

>The Real Aku merges with Ashi-Aku
>Blends in its Aku-Army fighting Jack friends
>Jack doesn't know which Aku has Ashi inside while their friends attacking/destroying the other Aku's

I thought it was rushed but I didn't hate it. I would have loved for it to have been an hour long or a two part episode. The Birth of Evil was a 2-part episode but its death only gets one episode?

>Remove Ashi
I just made it 10x better
Your welcomed Sup Forums

>Jack never finds happiness and commits sudoku

Yeah, ya fixed it.

Sorry, Sup Forums's not my homeboard, what is with this "You can't dislike something unless you can do it better!" meme. If an user on Sup Forums doesn't like an OS, no one asks them to show the code they'd write. If a fag on /fa/ doesn't like a garment, no one asks them to prove they can sew.

>abloo bloo bloo remove the girl because I can't self insert on jack if he interacts with any female who isn't his mother

I'm glad you hate the ending. You do not deserve joy.

I liked the ending.

Gonna be honest here: I almost cried out in joy when they went back, especially given how suddenly it happened. I was actually expecting it not to happen (well, more like dreading actually), since Sup Forums seemed so sure of it.

IMO it almost makes up for many of the failures of this season. Almost.

>I need women to do a man's job
Hi there tumblrina

Why wasn't the Final Scene a setup to King Jack vs The Guardian fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm fine with the ending, the emotional pay off with ashi's death is next to nothing. If the finale was a 2 parter and half of it was jack and ashi romanticizing and dreaming their futures together then it would have an actual sting er not a retarded bee without a stinger bumping to my arm

Jack did his job and failed miserably, making him stay for 50 years with no hope in him. It's like ya never watched the season.

Only issue is
>she didn't disappear as soon as Aku died
>they didn't kids before she was erased
>last words weren't a declaration of love
>Scotsman didn't slag off Aku after jack jumped through time
>Jack didn't say thanks to everyone before jumping
Other than that it's ok. Not the worst but could've been better paced. Would help immensely

Jack never found happiness in the current version.
He kissed Ashi passionately once, then left her, then found out she was Aku's spawn when she chased after him, then told her he loved her when she was trying to kill him a second time, then they went back in time focused more on Aku than each other, then when they had time together they spent so much on ceremony she BONG'D before they could even get married.

How he'd get back to the past without her would be ambiguous, but the way she serviced that anyway isn't exactly great for her character or the story. Besides there are those who wanted Jack to destroy Aku and stay in the future anyway and live with her, he could do that without her existing anyway.

In fact had she never chased after him, had she never existed, Scaramouch would have still told Aku Jack lost his sword, Jack would not wasted time showing Ashi the sights only to lead him into a pointless plot that almost leads to him being killed for no reason, he would have had an eternity to realize he just needs to mediate to get the sword back since he clearly implied to her he knew what he had to do anyway and had just stalled for whatever reason, he'd have gotten it back because the solution to his instability wasn't her but letting go of his anger, he'd have heard the instructions to activating the prison security weapon without her interrupting him and had an opening on Aku at the destroyed portal without having to shield Ashi and wait for Aku to attempt to flee.

Does somene have the ending some user made aboutJack and Ashi having a kid in the past and thischild growing up to be the Aku Jach fought in the future? I liked that ending

>How he'd get back to the past without her would be ambiguous
Not ambiguous, it just would not have happened.
Ashi was a plot device first and foremost.

Sup Forums comes up with complete dogshit answers because they're mostly perma virgins that wanted the ending to be dark and edgy.

Sure, I would have preferred him to stay in the future, but seeing him come back immediately after Aku sent him away was one of the most satisfying things I've seen on television.

Honestly, I'm just happy for Jack. His journey is over, he can finally rest and be at peace. Why don't people like happy endings anymore?

>Ashi gets killed with her sisters in the end of Episode 03

>Episode 04 is still the same artistic episode inside the worm with the same exit route, except that Sudoku Jack is the one who's accompanying Jack throughout the episode instead of Ashi, lamenting him about the girls he killed and how he's stuck inside a yet another monster and he shouldn't get out

>Episode 05A opens up on Aku's castle raid, Scotsman dies but lives again due to CELTIC MAGIC, and leads his girls to go and find Jack
>Episode 05B, Jack gets haunted by visions of the girls he killed, his parents blaming him for his failure, and the Spirit of Death telling him it is time

>Episode 06 opens up on the Scotsman and his Daughters meeting Jack's old friends and the people he rescued as they try to find him, get instructions from the shadow figure about his whereabouts, and then the Daughters battle the Spirit of Death while the Scotsman forces Jack to snap out of it and be proud of his accomplishments for making the world a better place

>Episode 07A starts with the Goat Mountain as already shown, Jack and the Scotsman and his Daughters try looking for the sword and fail, so Jack decides to meditate for days by the top to seek answers

>Episode 07B is where the Daughters fight the huge army protecting Jack, the Scotsman and his eldest daughter notice the Cult Leader and stop her arrow just in time. The Cult Leader throws some exposition on why the cult was founded, how she convinced Aku to come, how she conceived his daughters, and how their deaths were at the hand of the Samurai and that she came to personally finish the job. Flora starts intensely fighting the Leader, Scotsman invades Jack's mind with the help of CELTIC MAGIC, starts arguing and brawling with Sudoku Jack, and Jack ends the fight by banishing Sudoku Jack from his mind and regaining the sword. Flora wins, the entire army gets demolished, Scotsman exits Jack's mind, and Jack becomes his old self again. Time to fight Aku.

A different and better ending would be Cartoon Network's ratings going in the shitter, leading to them forcing Genndy to make a Season 6.

What's the only halfway decent conflict left that Genndy could possibly do?

Having Jack finding some way to bring back Ashi.

that's Sup Forums for ya

>I WANT TO KILL MYSELF
>I KILLED THESE CHILDREN
>IM GONNA DO IT SHAGGY
>WAIT JACK YOU DIDN'T KILL THOSE KIDS
>WTF NOW IM NOT SUICIDE ANYMORE

I hate this fucking season

>it just would not have happened.
Eh, I can't say never because Samurai Jack is built on plot devices. Aku was claimed to have destroyed all the time portals, even the one the Lizard monks said regenerates even when destroyed, but there were still things like the gems of Chrono Cronos and ways to grant wishes.

In fact had Ashi taken Jack back to well before the wishing well was cursed and Aku knew Jack was in the future, he could have found the fairy and used her to purify Ashi of Aku but keep her alive, then caught Aku by surprise and destroyed him, then used the wishing well to make sure when he goes back in time everyone who is and was alive in the current timeline remains so, then go to any of the available time portals and get it done.

Or some shit like that.

>Episode 08 is basically build-ups and side-plots of Aku and Scaramouche and the Jack Army, commemorating Jack as King Jack and preparing for the final war against Aku.

>Episode 09 and 10 are two-parter battle episodes to defeating Aku once and for all, and through the power of determination, Jack's Army wins the battle.

>Jack leads the victorious army to the Guardian's location, we get the scene as exactly envisioned by the portal he's protecting.
>a close pan upon the The Guardian's slowly grinning face, he looks towards Jack with a look of pride, and asks him: "what took you so long, my man?"
>WACHA

>stronk women needed instead

fuck off. you are everything wrong with the world

>>a close pan upon the The Guardian's slowly grinning face, he looks towards Jack with a look of pride, and asks him: "what took you so long, my man?"

This is one of the cringiest things I have ever read

I don't necessarily care about the ending being different

I just wanted it to be more fleshed out than that

They could've at least given some semblance of what Jack was going to do after that

Why is it cringey, faggot? Is it because it doesn't have your shitty waifu in it?

And who the fuck are you to say their versions are worse?

Give this guy a medal.
The line is perfectly in-character for the Guardian.

>Sup Forums hates
So what else is new?

I CAN'T BELIEVE PASTFAGS WON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm ok with the ending.

That's not an ending, that's the start of a battle scene.

if anything they could have at least established the Future Aku'd world as now existing as a alt. universe and killed Future Aku before traveling to the past.

>wedding goes off as planned
>Ashi uses time traveling ability to bring different ones from the future to the wedding

>and killed Future Aku before traveling to the past.
Has an amateur writer I can sort of see why you'd want to avoid killing your big bad twice in the same episode though. Sort of deflates his threat.
Having him die once when weakened feels more believable, even if a little rushed.

The only out would be to have the gods rain divine fury down on Future Aku, but then you have to deal with those in the audience who shake off the flash of such a spectacle and wonder why it didn't happen years ago. By just leaving it all unanswered and killing him once and for all you circumvent a lot of shit you wouldn't want to deal with when you've got 22 minutes to wrap things up. That isn't to say how it was circumvented and what was used to wrap things up was what I'd consider better.

Not him but she literally saved him from killing himself

the sword has always been able to kill him its just after the first battle when Jack almost killed him did he learn to avoid it like the plague.

With Future Aku you could have just used Ashi/Scottsman/etc. to keep him from being able to successfully flee away while Jack got in close enough.

Past Aku just had his ass kicked anyways and was still weakened from the Past Jack to really contend with Future Jack.

>With Future Aku you could have just used Ashi/Scottsman/etc. to keep him from being able to successfully flee away while Jack got in close enough.
But we saw what happened when Aku knows the score and is done playing. He just got out of their attack area and slaughtered the opposition long range instead of amusing himself with them.

There's little any mortal or ghost or demi-god could do to make him stay, fight and lose.
I'm not debating Past Aku because as I said he was the obvious option of the two to take the fall. Beating a weakened and confused Aku not only makes sense but gets rid of the future one.

This is why you should never ever listen to the fanbase about anything.

Jack gets cucked from love by not only Aku, but also the universe itself. Jack is suffering.

From another thread:

>Ashi grabs Jack and opens the portal before anyone can think about it, as happened.
>Jack slays Aku in the past, keep this brief - we know Jack can be Aku and Aku is already weakened
>Brief moment of exultation as the pair leave Aku's collapsed citadel
>Ashi stumbles, then falls
>She can feel herself fading, and says as much as Jack rushes to her - we don't need to explain if it's time paradox or Aku being dead, doesn't particularly matter, and tangling with time travel questions is a rabbit hole not worth going down
>Jack cradles her, guilt warring with panic, maybe he pleads with her not to go or to keep living, don't oversell it - tragedy and comedy stand on a razor edge
>Ashi comforts him, thanks him for saving her life, thanks him for loving her, tells him she loves him, and asks him for a farewell kiss
>Jack goes to comply, but
>She's gone as his lips brush hers
>Lingering shot of Jack alone on his knees in Aku's wasteland as the sun comes out

>A brief montage of Jack returning home
>But what is initially joyous becomes confusing and then somber as Jack's family and subjects see that he has gone through some unspeakable ordeal
>Montage continues - show signs of the kingdom being rebuilt, but Jack keeps to himself as the seasons pass, back turned on the world
>Perhaps show he's been occupying himself with wood carvings of his friends from the future. A few lingering shows on more prevalent ones. There's a conspicuous empty space at the center. That one is Ashi's. He still can't give in to her just being a memory.

>Cut to the tree scene
>Jack sits, sombre and alone, until a ladybug lands on his finger
>Tears well in his eyes, and then a small smile
>Jack stands and looks out on the land, letting the ladybug go
>This is a world Ashi would have loved
>Fin

For me the fact that nearly everyone that Jack's ever help died fighting Aku makes me wonder if going to the past really was the best decision

>I'd like to see you do better!
>Dozens of anons do better
>No that's worse it doesn't count!

So to be clear, we do all KNOW guys like OP are gonna say it's worse before we even click submit, right?

>The ending happens.
>Jack lives a relatively happy life in the past.
>Except he still doesn't age.
>He rules the kingdom once his father dies, and brings it to a long-lasting age of prosperity.
>Years pass. He begins to make preparations for a long journey.
>He leaves the kingdom in good hands, and departs.
>He travels the world, helping people wherever he goes.
>Years pass, and Jack finally finds what he was looking for. The Guardian and his time portal.
>They fight, Jack wins.
>"My man, you're worthy."
>The guardian's portal is different from the other time portals, it takes you to any time in your life, even those that somehow don't exist anymore.
>Jack chooses to go back to the future that is Aku, during the final fight.
>He stops Ashi from porting past-jack and herself, and duos future-Aku with past-Jack. They win.
>He explains to past-Jack that Ashi cannot go with him, and makes Ashi to send him back to destroy past Aku.
>He embraces Ashi in a long kiss while all the people he has helped are around him, cheering.
>The cheering slowly fades, along with everything else as the future is no more, with him in it.

The ending wasnt bad, I cant see how anyone can think that.
It was utterly unsurprising and a bit rushed though. Jacks friends come to help, Ashi breaks her mind control, Jack goes back to the past, Jack kills Aku. The End.

Pretty much exactly what you'd think would happen condensed into one episode. The only major problem I have is how they neglected Aku, his defeated is really, really quick. He should have SOME kind of send off since hes the second main focus of the show, not Ashi.

Jack kills future Aku, because that's the thing we want to see; the hero defeating the villain at his strongest.
Ashi has to be told to open the portal by one of the smarter characters. She doesn't just instantly master that ability.
People have to point out that going back in time will change the future. This means Jack knowing he'll have to leave Ashi and all the friends he's made. They encourage him to do it even if it means not existing because it's for the greater good and self sacrifice is more satisfying as a narrative tool.
Except for Scotsman because he thinks no wibbly wobbly timey wimey paradoxy bollocks are going to stop him.
Jack goes back to the past alone, and defeats Aku using all his future skills. We have flashbacks to the characters that gave him those skills, from Jump Good guy all the way to Ashi.
Jack goes home, reunites with his parents.

Epilogue 1: Fast forward to the good future. We see that while changed, everyone's leading happier lives. Ashi's family is alive and good now. Her mother tells the legend of the samurai, starting it with "long ago in a distant land"

Roll Credits

Epilogue 2. Jack, feeling restless, starts wandering the earth, possibly with the implication that he's trying to find a way back to the future. Older and grey, he comes across the Guardian. Turns out that he was never meant to use that portal to get back to the past, but rather to return to the future.

Or we could just rip off ten year old anime.

My ending would be Jack killing Future Aku then everything is all sunshines until Ashi knocks him into a wall and starts giggling.

Jack goes "Ashi what are you doing"
Ashi goes "Whos Ashi?, yoo hoo samurai I never left the building"
Jack then goes "Aku is that you how I destroyed you?"
Ashi goes "I am not Aku Aku created me however I am that entity that was just trying to kill you moments ago"
Jack then goes "But Ashi broke free!"
Ashi goes "No no I made you think she freed herself Ashi is gone Jack Im now in charge of this body and my first idea was to get rid of Aku'
Jack then goes "Why?"

Ashi goes into her Aku suit and starts laughing" So I can destroy this world and everything in it"

Jack then goes "Ashi please fight it get out of it"
Ashi goes "I guess I am just like my mom after all no hard feelings my love but Ill have to dispose this sword so nothing can stop me"

Ashi then throws the sword into space.

"And its gone, oh dont be sad my love now we can be together forever while you watch me destroy this very world you despise so much its gonna be great Jack :)"

Jack then falls to his feet so depressed that he cant even think anymore.

Ashi walks over to him "He'll get over it my love for him will work this out".

WACHA

>Ashi's family is alive and good now.

TIME DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY

This. While I like Ashi there was so much wrong at the end. I guess Genndy just forgot or maybe he wanted to finish it because it would leave a bad taste in his mouth if he never finished what the fans loved.

One, Ashi needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time portal. Two, whenever Ashi's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Ashi"?

Utter shite

How is it shit you faggot?

It presents a betrayal and a bittersweet ending without any sappy shit.

Ashi's death doesn't make any sense. She should've stayed alive because she still had a part of Aku who never changed in the first place.
Maybe I am also wrong.

Such is the shit nature of Sup Forumsmblr my friend.

It doesn't work the way we were shown either. If you're not gonna do it right, at least do it in a way that doesn't rip off gurren lagaan.

>Unstable time loops
>No alternate futures and pasts
Now the entire series doesn't make sense.
Thanks.

I don't mind the ending, it just should've been foreshadowed.

Like have her flinch when he struck Aku or something.

She specifically says she "felt him [Aku] leave me."

>literally pulling a Gurren Lagann
>best ending

Epilogue 5 years into the future:

Ashi is seen standing in a wasteland in her Aku suit.

"There thats it everything on this planet is dead"

It turns out Jack was so depressed he attempted suicide but Ashi prevented him from doing so.

"Why stop here?, I should do this to every planet in this universe"

"At least Jack will always be with me, I couldnt just let him slip away to the past with those trash women who would take him away from me"

"Its better this way but why do I feel so bad about it?"

"I never had an issue killing innocent people before what is it?"

"Oh well Im sure Ill get over it"

Jack got back to the past, thats all I ever wanted for him.

I just think the wedding was unneeded. Ashi could have just faded a few moments after Aku was destroyed, saying her goodbyes to Jack and all that. Last couple of minutes would be Jack helping rebuild his country with a little help from his old teachers. Then the last couple of minutes are him ruefully entering the forest like in the episode we got with the ladybug and all. I dunno, that wedding felt like Genndy's swan song to that girl who taught him how to draw, the one he had a crush on, but never married; Understandable, yes, but perhaps a bit too indulgent here.

If Ashi died, Jack should have died for being from a timeline that got erased.

Jack kills Past Aku only Ashi never disappears.

Its revealed that you can change reality and Jack just made a split timeline where Aku died meaning his actual parents are destined to be killed by Aku no matter what. and he is also destined to go back to this very moment in a loop for all eternity to prolong the suffering of his parents.

The realization makes Jack return to the future to a gloating Aku, Ashi becomes sad that Jack didnt get what he wanted, then Jack kills Aku and tries to restore the earth back to normal with Ashi's help.

>mfw episode could've ended with Jack and Ashi happily ever after
>after wedding time portal opens up and its the scotsman telling Jack that the future needs his help
>new adventure ensues
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

This.

I don't really have any suggestions for what should be changed about the content of the last few episodes, only the pacing. Instead of spending almost all of 8 on the prison ship, I think that episode should have spent a little more time on Jack and Ashi travelling together and growing closer, but most of the episode should have been the episode 9 content of Scaramouche telling Aku about the sword, Aku arriving and taking control of Ashi, etc. We'd then have had all of episodes 9 and 10 to show Jack's allies uniting, Jack trying to reach Ashi, and the epilogue.

>Literally wanting the Super Mario Bros movie ending

Jack fans were a mistake

You mean random people on the internet can't come up with a whole television show that spans 10 episodes when put on the spot and only with five minutes of planning?

Exactly. Aku still exists in the future and now they must stop him there! Season 6 in 10 years damn it!

>Ashi still disappears
>Jack lets the butterfly go
>smiles as he sits
>50+ years of living catch up to him
>he turns old and dies as the world lives around him

I dont like it either.
But a thousand years of suffering under Aku being undone weights more.

Now that you mention it...
First I thought he would disappear if he went too far to the past but your point makes more sense.

How about this?

Jack kills Past Aku, Ashi still exists due to a concept called the temporal isolation phenomenon meaning your temporal existence is aligned to where you are. In short Ashi's existence if a time anomaly meaning she wont exist in the future because that existence of her has been overwritten by her new current existence in the past. So Ashi begins to exist the moment they leave the portal only the future doesnt exist anymore so this means that Ashi simply pops into existence as certain point in the past with no rational explanation at all and its looped as well.

>manchildren on the internet with little to no storytelling experience couldn't come up with a better ending, that must mean that it's actually good

I liked the ending but I wouldn't have minded Jack being stuck in the future and then another season of building Jack and Ashi's relationship more + Ashi then beginning to realize she has Aku's abilities. But that's mostly because I just wanted to see more of powered up Ashi in action. I thought that was neat.

All it needed was for Ashi to not disappear and give Jack the happy send off he deserved.
If you are aiming for bittersweet, do it properly or don't do it at all and go for straightforward ending that makes more sense and is more definite than vs that violates its own logic - by killing Aku Jack shouldn't exist in his time either or stick to changeable causality and let Ashi exist. Don't pull crap just because you want a tearjerk ending that end up failing

This.

Fuck you Kirby.

I'm so happy he actually went back

Futurefags need some self-awareness, accept that you've made memories AND MOVE THE FUCK ON, Jack staying in the future would have been self-serving bullshit

>letting part of Aku live
That's a shit idea and you know it.

>Sup Forums is autistic

SHOCKING

Now that SJ is over I'm leaving this shithole forever and going back to Sup Forums and baneposting

See
Plus she said she felt Aku leave her. The whole show so far operated on basis of show don't tell and to both introduce concepts that rush things toward the ending and then violate their own logic is just plain bad writing that aims for rubbish emotional appeal that isnt even sold to the viewer properly.

>That argument.
Or, you know, Jack could've accepted his memories of the past while staying in the future. You know, LIKE HOW TIME WORKS FOR LITERALLY EVERYONE.

>After credit
>"I never understand why the time portal didn't just let you come back and kill Aku. But i guess as a guardian i have no rights to question."
>"so is it a yes?"
>"Before you start your journey, i need to tell you one thing. This time portal is beyond all time portals. When there is time paradox crashing the universe, this portal is going to solve everything. There is a chance you can save your Ashi from the time paradox. but there are more chances you have to defend Aku again and again. Your friends may never knew you. The people you saved may never been saved. The suffering will be unimaginable and probably eternal."
>"so ... is it a yes?"
>(Season 6)

How to fix S5:

20 year timeskip instead of 50, no "doesn't age" bullshit.
Keep it grimdark for the whole season.

Also for people who want the future ending, just watch the comic series. That was the closest thing they can ask for.

>Introduce supernatural elements
>Don't use supernatural elements because "that's not fair" in reality
Never understand how this type of writing infected fiction.
Why watch a show with a premise defying how things works only to see it play out and end how things work like you always see them?

It's like a Fantasy RPG that starts with all the usual only to have you take the morning coal train to your desk job and spend 8 real time hours there pissing your life away.
Boy, this super realistic and relatable direction sure is top stuff! If only I could experience this captivating activity in regular life--oh wait!

Samurai Jack was never "grimdark."

Holy shit that pic, fukken saved

>Jack and Ashi defeat Aku in the past
>holy shit Genndy, are you actually gonna give us a happy ending?
>wedding starts
>Omg, pure bliss, Jack is getting his good end finally
>Ashi falls
>oh boy, here we go...

What's wrong with happy endings? Why couldn't we simply get that? Why set us up like that? Why, Genndy, why?

>Sup Forums is known for being contrarian
>something genuinely awful comes out, but pointing it out will only further get us labelled as contrarians
>the only thing to do is pretend to enjoy a horribly cliche end to a previously beloved series

Guess we got ourselves stuck in a catch 22 on this one.

What episode was the time guardian one anyways?

Wouldn't mind a conker bad fur day ending

>Jack and Ashi live happily ever after.
Here fixed.

Not everything needs to be "bitter sweet" or "mature". I feel like the ME3 ending all over again...

i thought about an alternative ending that still ends the same way

>jack gets the sword himself while ashi stuggles internally
>charges at aku
>ridiculous fight scene, frinds stay back and watch from distance
>aku weak
> SLASH. SLASH. SLASH.
>aku defeated
>friends cheering
>aku begins to leave ashi
>friends circle around jack
>"you still want to go home dont you samurai"
>ashi uses her last bit of aku magic to create a portal