Sunday Symbiote General: Issue 150 Anticipation Edition

It's coming next Wednesday, anons. You ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VK16w_Esrno
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm looking forward to the Flash back-up story by Robbie Thompson, at least.

>Getting hyped for this shit
Holy shit Marvel Fags are masochistic.

Posting preview.

End of preview.

So I have to admit. The writing seems to be improved from the previous issues, At the same time however I have a feeling that this may just be Costa trying to be deep. Also I still miss Flash and Andi.

>my abs have abs

>bitches dont know where my chest ends n' where my abs begin

I wish I had my own symbiote.
It would cherish me and keep me, never wanting to be apart. I'd hear the sounds of its voice while it whispers sweet nothings into my ear. It would hold me at night and say how lucky that we are to be together.
I'd feel the warmth of it flowing over my skin and I'd make certain that we're never separated. Made for each other, bonded wholly and completely forever. And encouraging me to crush the skulls of the innocent with my bare hands and bathe in their blood, saying how good I am at it.
Yes, I'd like that. I'd like that a lot.

1/2

OP here. Same. To be honest I'm not sure I would even be buying the issue if it wasn't for the Flash back-up story. Though unless if they do a fakeout, I don't know how I won't feel disappointed and bummed by the end of it. Also wish Sandoval wasn't doing the art. He draws the worst Mania.

Why not post the stitched version?

Glad to see they fixed the coloration on Carnage.

I completely disagree. Again, this preview shows that Costa did zero research. He seems to be completely ignoring the fact that Eddie has hated the Venom symbiote for years now. Even going so far as to try and murder it, straight up, on numerous occasions. Both on his own and while bonded to Toxin.

Costa is also ignoring the fact that Eddie didn't just separate from the symbiote, he actively rejected it and sold it off.

>toxin

>super strength
>regeneration
>shape shifting

>sidekick
>bro
>vigilante
>scientist

>menace
>nemesis

Let's do this

>Carnage

>natural weapons
>tendrils
>strength
>enhanced shape shifting

>Reporter
>Henchman
>#1 Fan

>Menace
>Strong Willed Other

I'm not going to lie; I just want another Carnage-Man series

Pretty goddamn hyped actually after reading Venom #6, I was worried that Venom would latch onto Eddie and suddenly have a hate boner for Spidey again, but actually, that hate and anger makes perfect sense given what happened in that issue, seriously dick move Peter. I also thought it was odd that Eddie would be so quick to toss Venom back on, but then I remembered Eddie is a junkie who relapsed on Toxin, now he needs that fix. I know a lot of people would say that this is character assassination, but it's a textbook behaviour of an addict.

I may be alone in this opinion, but I think it's a good move, Eddie once had redeption forced onto him, now that he's back where he started I hope he can find it for himself again.

> A triple-digit Marvel comic
Forgot how they looked like.

>but actually, that hate and anger makes perfect sense given what happened in that issue, seriously dick move Peter
But as soon as it goes back to Eddie, it'd know he was in on the plan as well.

>but then I remembered Eddie is a junkie who relapsed on Toxin, now he needs that fix
But Eddie actually talked about how Toxin was different from Venom, owing the change to Toxin working with Pat.

>Eddie once had redeption forced onto him
?

Checked em.

It's not like this is anything new, they did the same thing when Amazing Spider-Man reached 500, it went from issue 37 to issue 500 in the next month and so on.

>I was worried that Venom would latch onto Eddie and suddenly have a hate boner for Spidey again

Hate to break it to you, but thats exactly whats happening. The symbiote hates Spider-Man for following Eddie's plan and trapping it. Did you even read #6?

>but actually, that hate and anger makes perfect sense given what happened in that issue

So... it makes sense that the symbiote is pissed that Peter trapped it after watching it trash a helicoptor, punch him in the face and cause general chaos? It makes sense that the symbiote is pissed at Spidey for following a plan Eddie came up with?

Are you fucking high?

>but then I remembered Eddie is a junkie who relapsed on Toxin

user, did you even fucking read Remender's run? Bonding to Toxin wasn't Eddie's choice. Read a fucking comic.

>But as soon as it goes back to Eddie, it'd know he was in on the plan as well.
While that is a possibility, I can see Venom completely ignoring the fact now that it's back with a familiar host, honestly I'm hoping that Eddie is the one who talks it out of hating Peter again, what they did was crule, but considering the threat that Venom can pose it needed to be done.
>But Eddie actually talked about how Toxin was different from Venom, owing the change to Toxin working with Pat.
Toxin and Venom are obviously different, but fundamentally they're the same in a lot of ways which I believe is what caused Eddie to relapse after he lost Toxin in Carnage, remember the first thing he says when he actually sees Venom is "my darling" that's not unlike an addict looking at their favorite substance.
>>Eddie once had redeption forced onto him
When Eddie became AntiVenom he had pretty much already given up on life, then was suddenly granted the power to fix everything and redeem himself, he can do it again, but this time he actually has to choose to do it, when he became Anti-Venom he didn't even want it at first.
And wherein issue #6 did it say that the symbiote knew that it was Eddie's plan all along? Because from Venom's point of view that was all Peter. It wouldn't be so hard to make it believe that Eddie had actually planned to free it the whole time.
Obviously it wasn't his choice, but that really isn't a factor here, once bonded he relapsed, don't forget that when Agent Venom first encounters Broxin he mentions how quickly Eddie bonded with Toxin almost as if he wanted a symbiote back. Don't tell me you forgot about that line.

>And wherein issue #6 did it say that the symbiote knew that it was Eddie's plan all along?

How would it not know this as soon as it bonded to Eddie? It has access to all of his memories. Do you even know how symbiotes work, user?

>Obviously it wasn't his choice, but that really isn't a factor here, once bonded he relapsed
That's not how it works.

>don't forget that when Agent Venom first encounters Broxin he mentions how quickly Eddie bonded with Toxin
Yeah, its not like symbiotes are mentally linked and suductive. Its not like that's exactly how every hose as work (sans Lee, who because of his magic Ranger training dominated the symbiote instantly).

user, you should probably read some comics that Costa didn't write.

>When Eddie became AntiVenom he had pretty much already given up on life, then was suddenly granted the power to fix everything and redeem himself, he can do it again, but this time he actually has to choose to do it, when he became Anti-Venom he didn't even want it at first.
He was working at Feast to help the downtrodden when he became Anti-Venom. And he was completely fine with becoming that, what he was scared of was Venom getting his hands on him again.

>And wherein issue #6 did it say that the symbiote knew that it was Eddie's plan all along? Because from Venom's point of view that was all Peter. It wouldn't be so hard to make it believe that Eddie had actually planned to free it the whole time.
It has total access to all of his memories.

>remember the first thing he says when he actually sees Venom is "my darling" that's not unlike an addict looking at their favorite
And that was completely out of character based on everything we knew of him before that moment. And he'd never say that phrase, anyway. It'd be "my Other" if anything.

This could easily be explained, half of Brock's plan was to get Spidey to trick the symbiote, deep down it has to know that Spider-Man is never going to take it back, and it was so desperate to escape Lee that it didn't care, the other half of Brock's plan, the part he didn't tell Spider-Man about, was to free Venom later, because he's the only one who ever loved Venom the way it did Peter.
Do you know how relapsing works? Once you get hooked on something, then get clean and get reintroduced to something it's very easy to fall back into it. Eddie and Toxin made a deal with each other, but then Eddie lost Toxin, suddenly he's without that fix again. It's not like Eddie had Toxin for a day and lost it, the time line would suggest that he's been bonded to Toxin for well over a year, a healthy amount of time to develop an addiction.

Of course this is all speculation and what i gathered while reading. I'm not saying that I'm right or wrong here, it's just speculation.

And that changes the fact that the symbiote hates Spider-Man for being a hero and doing what needed to be done.... how?

>remember the first thing he says when he actually sees Venom is "my darling" that's not unlike an addict looking at their favorite substance.

How new are you? Its like you don't know anything about symbiotes or Eddie Brock at all.

It doesn't, I don't believe I said that it did, it's just there were steps to Brock's plan that he kept from Spidey, he was intending to free Venom all along, and once reunited Venom will have learned this. It'll still be sore at Peter, what ex wouldn't be after a stunt like that? But it's my belief that it will understand what Brock's plan was.
You do know that in Marvel Knights, after Eddie sold Venom off and gave the money to charity he killed himself right? I'm almost surprised you didn't use Ultimate Venom as an example of how little I apparently know.

Venom kills Aunt May and this is what causes Peter to snap and go darkside.

>he was intending to free Venom all along
Yeah, that's painfully obvious. The problem it is that goes against everything Eddie has been doing for the last decade worth of appearances. Its completely incongruous with his characterization.

>after Eddie sold Venom off and gave the money to charity he killed himself right?
You know that he failed, right? And ended up in a hospital, where he dealt with his issues and then went to go on and work at the FEAST shelter as an attempt to redeem all his atrocities and give back to people in need... you know, where he meets Mr Negative and becomes Anti-Venom.

Its like you don't know how continuity works. Fuck man, go read the retrospective threads. Someone else is handing you all the information you need to stop being such a casual.

This.

All New Midnight Sons when?

Moor gets increasingly Grappler Baki with each book.

>Anti-Venom

>Shapeshifthing, Tendrills, Strenght, Regeneration, Natural Weapons

>Scientist, Reporter, Hero

>Menace!, Strong Willed Other, Hunted, Nemesis

Anti-Venom was taken too soon from us.

>Venom
>Enhanced Shape-shifting, Tendrils, Spawning
>Bro,Sidekick,Scientist
>Menace, Nemesis

its my dream

>The problem it is that goes against everything Eddie has been doing for the last decade worth of appearances. Its completely incongruous with his characterization.
So is this So is all symbiote lore that happened with Flash during that space bullshit

Just because it happened in the past, doesn't mean it's better than anything now

You can't unfuck symbiote lore or any of the characters associated with them now, all you can do is hope for the best

youtube.com/watch?v=VK16w_Esrno

>hybrid

>enhanced shape shifting
>resistant to sonics and fire
>regeneration
>seperate form
>mind control

>sidekick
>reporter

>nemesis
>hunted

I just want Robbie to have an actual book again, and not one where he's featured less than the guest characters.

What killed me about that was that I've always really liked that version of the F4 and was hyped to see it return, but then they went and canned the series before it could even get its wheels turning. Hopefully Robbie will return one day

Guys I'm worried about Andi. Not so much about her dying in 150 like some are. Robbie Thompson seems to really like her so I trust he won't kill her off. I'm worried about what happens after. Flash is going to become part of the Amazing Spider-Man supporting cast again, which means he's going to move back to New York. So he is going to leave Andi AGAIN? I really want to hope that he'll bring her to New York with him(maybe he could adopt her or become her legal guardian). However I also realize that Slott very likely does not give a fuck so he'll just place Flash back in New York with not even a mention of Andi. And really all I need is a mention. Just a mention that shows he didn't abandon Andi. Sure I'd love it if it turned out to be more than a mention and she actually appeared in ASM, maybe as a supporting character. However I'll take a mention if that's what I can get.

Oh shit, Lasher is in the upcoming rumored Spider-Man Marvel Legends wave

>Flash is going to become part of the Amazing Spider-Man supporting cast again, which means he's going to move back to New York. So he is going to leave Andi AGAIN?
I actually brought this point up to Slott at a comic con in March, so here's hoping he remembers. I feel like Slott writing her would be worth it for the exposure in ASM.

I think the writer(s) for the Symbiote World storyline in Spider-Man Unlimited confused Ben with Kaine.

>all you can do is hope for the best
I can safely say that your hopes are not for the best.

...But that's Kaine.
And to be fair, Ben was created to be evil too wasn't he?

>...But that's Kaine.

In the dialogue he is referred to by other characters as Ben, despite being in Kaine's costume.

The edge that just won't stop.

>I feel like Slott writing her would be worth it for the exposure in ASM.

Definitely agree with you. The exposure would definitely be worth it and could lead to good things for Andi (like a solo for example) as well as keep her out of limbo. And yeah I know people here fucking hate Slott but if Andi appeared in ASM then sorry Sup Forums but I'm buying it, because I will support this character in any way I can dammit.

To be honest the only thing I would worry about when it comes to Slott writing her is the possibility of him deciding to kill her off for shock value. Because he seems to have a tendency of doing that sort of thing.

Oh god this Scorn is so sexy.
I think I want to lick those abs.

So solicitations are coming out tomorrow. What are peoples' hopes in regards to Venom? Hopefully no more of that Land Before Crime shit.

Hopes for Venomverse?

Do you think Bunn will have Deadpool kill Mania in pic related? Like exposure's exposure, man. I'd be for it lol.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Venom be completely memory wiped from its days with Spider-Man/Brock/Gargan?

>Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe Again

Last year I was thinking Marvel couldn't get any more creatively bankrupt and with this they prove me wrong.

How about Gwenpool Kills the Marvel Universe except only the white heterosexual males?

The first two issues of Edge of Venom Verse already have me hyped, first X-23 with a symbiote, then what we can only assume is ANGR with a symbiote? Fuck yes. And it's not being written by Slott so it will be leaps and bounds better than Spider-Verse

Mania and Hummingbird team-up when?

At least we'll get to see the shitty legacy characters get killed this time.

>And it's not being written by Slott so it will be leaps and bounds better than Spider-Verse

Now wait let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. We know the writers for the first three issues of Edge of Venomverse. However we still don't know who the main writer for the Venomverse event that I assume these Edge of Venomverse issues are leading up to. Now I wouldn't want it but what if it's Costa? Costa is writing Venom so him being the main writer for Venomverse would definitely be a possibility. I hope he isn't though. He would probably fuck it up so hard.

I can't see him fucking it up any worse than Slott, or even worse, Bendis, would. I'm hoping that Thompson and Conway will be the main writers, but you never know.

Gwenpool Cucks the Marvel Universe

What if Zeb Wells was main writer?

Did Venom appear in the original Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe?

My body would be ready

Moore is too good for this. Costa doesn't deserve him.

I'm starting to recognize you, Maniafag, from how passionate your posts always are.

A surprising choice, but not one I disapprove of if it turns out to be true.

That gaping void in her face...

That pic is really cute...

What happened to this edgelord?

I want at least one symbiont to have a happy ending.

Who is this?

Nice dubs.

This is Itsy-Bitsy, from Joe Kelly's Spider-Man and Deadpool

She's Itsy Bitsy, the Mephisto-created offspring of Spider-man and Deadpool.
General theory is that she's Pete and MJ's aborted daughter from One More Day, who's being used by Mephisto to drive Peter into killing her.
She likes to call them "Daddy" while she fights.

Well, Costa wrote Web Warriors and that was not great, so he's not even good with multi verse stuff.

Web Warriors really suffered from bad art and using some of the worst spiders. Fucking Gwen front and center was a huge problem while Mayday was made into a supporting character in a team book, and Ham...no one ever liked Ham. I will say I that I was digging the Legion of Electros though, I wish we would have gotten to see more variations of Spider heels, that tease with venom wasn't enough for me. It could have used some better art too

Yeah, I shit talked Web Warriors but I honestly kind of enjoyed a lot of it, but it still definitely had its problems. The focus and Spider-Gwen and Spider-ham was stupid. Gwen has her own book already, stop shoving her in my face here.

I'm still betting that Venom tease has something to do with Venomverse.

Also, Costa also wrote the atrocious Secret Wars Spider-verse story, but he also wrote Scarlet Spiders which I loved.

Now, the Secret War Spider-Verse suffered really bad from the art, like oh man that was bad, but I remember enjoying the story he told. And Scarlet Spiders still remains the only thing I consider worth reading from Spider-Verse. I'm still willing to give the guy the benifit of the doubt for his venom comic, but it is wearing thin.