What's next for his career?

What's next for his career?

Making more Adam Sandler vehicles.

Whatever happened to that imagination movie he was making?

He made season five of Samurai Jack and realized he didn't have an imagination.

Fucking up a Dexter's Lab remake, probably

More rushed product for adult swim or more Adam Sandler movies. Either way it's not looking good going off what we got last night.

Fuck off.

being a fucking hack

Whatever it is it will trigger Sup Forumsntrarians.

Getting all his personal projects cancelled.

This, really. He's probably going to make more Hotel Transylvania movies for the time being.

There is supposed to be an animated series too, I wonder if he's working on that in some capacity?

A Season 5 Director's Cut, hopefully.

Fanfiction

Whatever it will be Sup Forums will hate it now.

This.

Marathoning Gainax shows

God willing, some sort of sequel/follow-up to CAGE

Regardless of whether it's good or bad, Sup Forums will hate it irrationally simply because they were unhappy with an ending.

Like it or not, but S5 is killing it with ratings and critical claim.

I think Adult Swim will be willing to give him money for anything he has in mind.

Episodes 1-3 were fucking kino and if [as] picks him up for a new series then it will be kino too.

Two years will go by where he can't get any fucking work, then in a desperate move to save his career he will make Samurai Jack Season 6.

Counting his stacks of cash.

The dude is obviously burned out by all those Hotel Transylvania movies.

>no Ashi
>Jack is talking to himself because PTSD

Ending.

Why do you care so much what Sup Forums thinks?
People were dissatisfied with the season, get over it. If you can't handle that, then go to Reddit or something where everyone praises it as 10/10
BLAZE

He made a shit ton of money for AS. So he can do whatever the fuck he wants with them. My guess; he finishes the last 10 eps of Symbionic Titan, which were already written, he does a Jack/Dexter's spinoff about Dial M for Monkey or the Hunters (people forget that the Hunter's appear in an episode of Dial M for Monkey on Dexter's so Jack is technically a Dexter's spinoff), or he does a completely new show for AS cause he probably has lots of characters running around his notepad. If he want's to ascend to God Tier, he should hire Faust and McCracken to work with him on some new show

thread

Because, I browse Sup Forums more than any board on this fucking site and seeing a thousand fucking threads saying someone hates the same fucking thing gets fucking annoying.

>ending got fucked cause muh artistry
>cucked by kino
pottery

Never gonna happen. CAGE was sitting in a filing cabinet for years.

Use filters if they're bothering you so much.

Good.

Is Popeye still dead?

starting up some other project life long fans will adore at first just so he can throw their admiration in the garage when he shits out something that goes from wonderful to rotten.

Suicide.

It was killed by the Emoji movie.

Hopefully nothing.

He proved he's a hack

Season 6, of course.

Oh dear.
Would phil lamar and greg baldwin be up for it I wonder

Good. S5 of Jack had pacing issues, but if given the ability to make a new episodic series that doesn't have the weight of the world on its shoulders, I'm certain he could make something fantastic.

Story issues or not, Jack Season 5 looked fantastic, from colors to animation to cinematography and so on. With a project that can be designed to move at its own pace and really let setpieces and visuals breathe, Genndy and the team (not sure if he'd keep most of the same people, but I'd assume so) can excel.

Almost definitely

Now that I think of it, what if the series is some sort of prequel to S5 EP1? As in, it goes to show how actually bad Jack's despair has gone, but at the same time, showcases more stuff that was probably not done due to AS's pressure over ONLY 10 EPISODES, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

>inb4 we do get a better epilogue for Jack at the end.

As far as I know, he's not involved in any way.

It certainly doesn't have his art direction, I'll tell ya that.

Phil seems to really like the role of Jack and working with Genndy in general. I don't know much about Baldwin, but it's pretty high-profile work, and he did a real good job all things considered.

I'd be totally up for another season set between 4 & 5, if only because only the finale would really need to be story-heavy, in order to get Jack in the state he's in by S5.

Then again, it'd almost be a waste to not move onto something fresh now that Jack has ended.

Free Galaluna already. If symbionic titan is in tax write off status, go to Netflix, and make a Not-Sym-Bionic Titan, and then free Not-Galaluna.

I honestly wouldn't mind him doing a warhammer cartoon.

Hooks up with Mignola, and Perlman to do an 8 part miniseries on Netflix to promote the new movie.

Or I guess David Harbour if I'm going for more realistic chances.

IIRC he stopped working with Sony after they fucked him on the Popeye film.

He's expressed interest in doing another toon for Adult Swim, and in 2D animation at that (he was enthusiastically in favor). But we'll see. Probably gonna be years before we know.

No one's ever gonna trust him with a waifu again, though.

Whats the point since we know in the end none of it even mattered?

>inb4 we do get a better epilogue for Jack at the end.

Words cannot describe how much I want this.

Can't be any worse than that shitshow his little fuckup, Chris Savino, made in the early 2000s.

Alright Sup Forumscks, where can I watch the first 4 seasons? I need something to wash the shit taste of that ending out of my mouth.

Season 4 ends with 52
Season 5 starts with 92

He has a buffer of 40 episodes.

Fading into obscurity

and yet the ending makes it all pointless since it all gets erased.

Bravo Genndy.

Then step away and wait for this shit to die down. Or use the filters if you're incapable of that.

Kek has spoken.
But yeah, makes the many instances, where he did not use the time portal to save others entirely meaningless.
Like the fairy in the glassball or the Shaolin monks.

Hopefully nothing, it's pretty clear now that he's just an overblown meme animator.

pretty much
We wanted him to go back to the past but at the same time i feel there was no thought put out to ending and it was just rushed garbage

He can animate and choreograph like a motherfucker but he needs to be legally barred from touching a pen ever again.

There were a ton of ways it could end with him going back to the past and still be bittersweet without "lol everything after S1E1 doesn't exist".

Even though this won't matter int he story, I'd be up for this.

>Sup Forumsntrarians will still hate it tho

>meme

Calling things memes is a meme at this point.

>implying people shouldn't be mad after the festering pile of fecal matter that was the finale

Here's hoping we get a directors cut ending or something on the DVD release.

Animated adaptation of Ronin

they didn't fuck anybody, they just realized Popeye's public domain in most of the world

which to be fair a cartoon aficionado like Genndy should have raised at the first meeting, before he signed up for anything

It's sort of perplexing how people have wanted him to go to the past for over a decade and now that he did they are complaining that it renders the whole show pointless and makes him a murderer ot something. You had 12 years to bring this up, and for some reason it matters now?

Oh man don't get me wrong I hated this finale and people have full right to hate, but not for contrarian sake.

Maybe some day

>there would be no ashi
>no waifu bullshit
>more sudoku jack

SIGN ME UP

Yea user it sure is weird how nobody talked about this when the show was off the air and only started talking about it when it came back huh YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

everyone assumed the show would never be made till whenever it was announced hed do a last season. i forgot this show was even going to have a last season until the weak it aired.

its just more bullshit for Sup Forums to complain about for a week until no one cares. enjoy the memes while they last

For a show that spend so many years off the air there was a considerable amount of talk. It grew quite the cult following. Even then, these points were hardly brought up when the new season was announced more than a year ago.

there is a rumor floating around that the DVD release has an alt ending where he stays in the future, no confirmations yet though

>there is a rumor floating around that the DVD release has an alt ending where he stays in the future, no confirmations yet though

name a single source

>what is a rumor

bless your heart user but all hope is lost, please don't even try to apply your band-aids of lies

Its firefly/serenity all over again all the reboot did was piss off alot of the fans.

I was perfectly fine with season 4 ending. It actually would have been nicer to see Samurai jack come back as like a "between shows during commercials" kinda shorts that they used to do

it doesn't count if you make the shit up yourself you retarded faggot

WAIFU-KILLIN'

EH Honestly I'm afraid of this, not because I think Genndy is a hack (he is), but because SJ was a success for various reasons
>nostalgia bait
>amazing start that made everyone talk about it
>was well marketed before hand (even if the final product was completely different)

Honestly if tries to do another, original series or even continue with SymBionic Titan I don't think it's going to do as good as SJ. Although I do hope this will give [as] an excuse to ask for more adult action cartoons.

>people keep acting as if people are hating it for the sake of hating it
>in reality its because the finale just basically said fuck you to fans and everything that happened in the first 4 seasons because JACK NEVER FOUND THE PORTAL HE WAS JUST GIVEN IT DEUS EX MACHINA STYLE GIVEN TO HIM BY THE FUCKING MARY SUE CHARACTER

Hopefully an interview where he explains why the fuck he went with discount TTGL ending.

It's fundamentally exactly the same as "it was all a dream" and tv shows that end like that are notorious for getting a lot of hatred for it, like Lost and that one stupid hospital show that implied everything was inside some autistic kids imagination.

You can't have a series built up around the protagonist interacting with a ton of people and accomplish a lot of things and have the ending still be satisfying when it invalidates all that stuff from ever happening. Even in TTGL Nia may have poofed out of existence, but the ramifications of Simon's actions still held.

I didn't, youtube comments and reddit did.

Im fucking sick of this nostalgia crap they keep pushing. Its like they cant fucking think up anything good anymore so hollywood/comics/cartoon and tv realms just keep lazily rebooting stuff for easy nostalgia monies

>I think Genndy is a hack (he is)

I wonder how much of the writing was actually is. The finale was the only one he's credited as writing completely solo and it was just an anime ripoff with a lame as fuck universe reboot at the end that makes the rest of the series pointless.

I agree, but you are retarded, the TTGL rip off was shit but Jack going back wasn't.

>advertise a series where in every episode it's mentioned that Jack needs to go back to the past at least once
>surprised when he makes it
It was your fault.

I really don't know if he's gonna go back to Sony, especially after Sony denied his Popeye pitch

hes gonna go back, isn't he

Him going back was totally fine and I wouldn't have minded at all if he ended up totally alone in the end, but having all those people he met and interacted with vanish is pure, unwashed ass.

For being fair it's not like SJ was a shitty thing to complete, the original seasons are great (for the most part) and they never had a finale. It's shit like PPG what usually pisses me off.

He should be working on Hotel Transylvania 3.

I'd say there's like a 3% chance I get to meet him this summer because of this uni program I got into.

Why?
>all the people that suffered now never suffered in the first place, like Jack was planning from the very beginning
Like what the fuck did you wanted? The Scotsman was a ghost already and the world was shit because Aku destroyed anything good in it.

Same place Alex Hirsch is at after his terrible ending.

>I-i-it will all be worth it guys I have tons of new cartoons lined up!
>nothing happens for years besides maybe a lesser role on a shitty Hollywood movie

All the ashi fags disagree but I really think the baby ending in season 4 was best. Samurai jack wasnt a linear series and was just a collection of his adventures the series was just building up his legend.

Season 4 finale ended on the note that his legend is inspiring others and will continue to.
Season 5 ending was "fuck the past 4 seasons this season independent of the other 4 seasons will decide the ending of the show

There were still tons of isolated people and cultures living on. We spent much more time getting attached to the people in the future than in the past, and seeing them get fucked over so the past people are ok was a kick to the dick.

I just wanted them to be alive and be happy in some respect.

He's working on some shitty live action detective Pikachu movie that will try to ignite the same normie hype Pokemon Go did but ultimately won't succeed.

I liked Ashi and I would gladly take babby ending over what we got. She was good, but she wasn't worth THAT.