So great season overall but disappointing ending?

so great season overall but disappointing ending?

Samurai Jack was never good.

First three episodes were amazing. The rest was disappointing. So no. It wasn't a great season, overall.

It was a wonderful season.

I think you're numb friendo, that ending was the best possible way they could have done it!

This.

First three episodes were fantastic. After that it was a downward spiral. Genndy wanted to do too much in a short amount of time.

Liked both, just needed one more episode to have some time to breath on the finale.

This site always was dumb to think that if something isnt 10/10 it is trash.

I am sure that my opinion will be the one that this show is remembered, and Genndy will probably get us a new show on [as].

Rounding up my personal score, the series overall was a 6.1/10. That's an "okay" in my book, and a D- letter grade.

Yeah, pretty much. Thought the season overall was a lot of fun, but that ending just fell flat.

No.

Great beginning with the episodes 1 to 3

Fun but sometimes boring season until episode 7.

Wasted filler on episode 8.

Fucked pacing on episode 9, but good latter half.

Shitty finale which retroactively ruined the show and anyone thinking Genndy is anything but a hack after it should just kill themselves.

20 minutes wasn't enough for the ending

Great beginning, disappointing middle, bad ending, massive disappointment overall.

shit went downhill bigtime after the suicide samurai's reveal as just a fucking ghost

it still had moments, but the good moments were mostly reliant on nostalgia unlike episodes 1 to 3

Yup, pretty much.

How incompetent do you have to be to fuck up fucking Samurai Jack. when you have such a simple goal to go towards and such a simple concept to kickstart the revival.

>Ok it's been 50 years and Jack lost his sword and his hope
>Let's make it so at the end of the season Aku's dead and the people watching our show feel satisfied

And yet Genndy fucked that up I actually think it would've been better if he didn't revive the show if it was going to end up this way.

The battle with Aku was the best possible way they could have done it with all his allies showing up to help him. The ultimate solution however is pretty contradictory to his character and many of the moments leading up to it. It goes beyond headcanon when prior episodes show Jack not willing to go back in time because it would sacrifice people from the present, and season 5 really seemed to be building towards the idea that Jack could fix this world and didn't need to go back in time.

Yes. They show us so many of the characters he saved in his travels only for them to be erased from existence.

It didn't make sense to show us all of the Scotsman's daughters only for them not to exist in five minutes.

It also didn't really make sense. Ashi needed to exist to send him back in time. There was no reason for her to disappear, especially after 6 episodes making us care about her.

It was a letdown, especially considering the series had an implicit ending already.

Quite the opposite, shitty season but great ending.

If you had to erase all seasons from existence except one, which one would you pick?

No it wasn't.

>great season
>Jack barely interacts with Aku
>Jack doesn't interact with anyone other than Ashi and the Scotsman for a few minutes
>The characters who fought and died trying to help him don't even get a proper send-off
>Aku, the main villain, is killed off with so little respect that the Suicide Samurai Ghost looks tasteful in comparison
>Ashi's whole character existed just to cause a lazy bittersweet ending

It had good moments, but I'd say it was firmly average.

The salt has become radioactive

mediocre season overall but decent ending

I liked the ending. Thought it was the only episode that lived up to the first three.

It's for adult audience after all, not kids: "and they lived happily ever after." Especially that end scene with ladybug that makes Jack smile is a tribute to Japanese or Asian in general cinema.

dude i don't give a fuck that Ashi died, hell I don't give a fuck about Jack himself but seriously 5 season for everything being resolved by two fucking lines felt like an insult.

It didn't have to be "happy" but, it certainly didn't have to be that rush job we got.

>Aku manages to slip through Ashi's portal just before it closes
>short fighting sequence inside the portal
>they all go back to the past
>Aku merges with himself and becomes doubly powerful
>Jack and Ashi beat him in an actual fight and then stuff goes as before

There, I just fixed S5.

>Episodes 1-3 were pure kino.
>4-9 were pointless "character development" filler for Ashi the Mary Sue
>The finale was rushed and cheesy but seeing Jack finally return to the past made it all worth it
Overall a solid 7-8/10, It has just the right amount of what I actually wanted mixed with occasional disappointments.

this

You are entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree

You can only do so much with 25 minutes, user.

He wasted like half of the previous episode with Ashi and Jack being awkward with each others.

And a few minutes at the start showing characters no one fucking cared about watching a tv screen.

Not even counting the other filler plotlines in previous episodes. It's his own fault the pacing was fucked.

Amazing from episodes 1-9 but tanked really hard at episode 10. I'm astounded how one episode could take this from kino to just inches above trash tier. It could've been so much better.

But I'm glad we got closure for this series in Genndy's vision, even if it wasn't good. Nice to see how it played out after all these years at least.

I feel like 10 episodes weren't enough as is and they wasted way too much time on Ashi.

It was a little disappointing and probably should've been a double episode, but it was good for what it was. Not as disappointing as GF, that's for sure

Fuck off, if this was Genndy's vision then he should've left it in the trash.

in all fairness, it was Ashi's selfish decision to ditch everybody and send Jack and herself to the past
although Jack just never had a problem with it afterwards
the logic is deeply flawed and he should have just stayed in the future

He got back to the past. I just wish there was enough time to digest him getting to the past and being in the past.

>no one cared about

They were literal callbacks to early Jack seasons.

>filler

What? Every episode advanced the plot in some way.

Pretty much.
For fuck's sake, I wanted my boy to be happy. Should have stayed in the future, or at least gone the split timeline route. That would have made more sense seeing as how Jack is still around.

>They were literal callbacks to early Jack seasons.
Yeah it was so fucking important to have the frogmen and the talking dogs back, can't have the finale without them, gotta show them a lot too, oh shit we have no more time let's just cut the final Aku vs Jack fight.

>What? Every episode advanced the plot in some way.
Yep, one scene at the end.