Let's fucking do this.

A run perfect for new readers! :^)

Wonder Woman #600:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwUilIo036g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JMS shat the bed completely during this time at DC

I don't think I can deal with Texas user and Bizarro Texas user on the same board.

New 52 was a mercy killing

Whoops, sorry bout that, had to take up a lengthy call

I liked the Earth One books, especially Vol 2

One day we shall fight to the death. But it is not this day

Uh yeah, they're called "guns", my dear. They're objectively better than arrows.

I hate this guy, he's the most generic bad guy I've ever seen, especially design-wise

Edgy

That ass doe

A bullshit metaphor, more like

Was this supposed to be funny?

>ass doe
That seems to be the only "good" thing out of Diana with pants.

>They're objectively better than arrows.
Not true for the super-strong.

Boring-ass page

A point in favor of all those rando bad guys in the Deodato run with Artemis was they all looked seriously fucked up.

I'm mostly against Diana with pants because then I literally can't tell her apart from Donna

Sometimes I wonder how much of a thought process goes into showing the T&A in a comic.

Well, we did have Wonder-thong in the 90's, so I'm not even sure it's got that going for it

That's gotta be a confusing dream

Well, I mostly meant in the sense of "bullets versus old-timey armor"

True

I liked the the jacket Don't tell anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=EwUilIo036g

Wondie looks good for a jacket but I'd take a realistic not-total-cheesecake interpretation of her old jacket costume over this one.

You have absolute shit taste then.

Me too, it was better than the pants

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stay mad, fampai

I wonder what happened to this guy, Don Kramer. Not that I miss him or anything, but he used to be all over DC before the reboot

>Don Kramer is the current artist for DC Comic's JSA and the Dr. Fate mini-series.
> I have been under an exclusive contract with DC since 2005.
He's disappeared, and his website looks like it was last updated in 2005.

Creepy.

This kid doesn't seem as impressed as you are.
He must have really wanted that orange doodle. And further more, when has any EVER seen an ice cream truck at night? Suspicious as fuck if you ask me.

I always hate it when you come across stuff like this. Like the dude just died or his life was ruined and nobody gave a fuck.

He had a wife and kids, lived in Seoul. I can't find anything.

What I do find personally more tragic is dudes like Ostrander or PAD needing to fundraise to pay their fucking medical bills or some shit (PAD is a little different with his tax thing, because he *did something wrong* way back but you see it with others). I hope JohnOs is OK now thanks to Suicide Squad.

Sorry bout that, wouldn't let me post for some raisin

That's the problem with this industry, there's no real welfare, the most you've got is Hero Initiative, and even that's only a half measure

RIP jacket, you were swanky

Yeah. It's complex on the economic side with you know, what people get paid vs. what gets made but it's the differences in engagement as a fan, as a creator and as a corporation that makes it particularly painful IMO.

S'part of the reason the Captain America backlash has made no sense to me. Even if you feel that way it's not worth convincing yourself that either Marvel or DC, as a company, are good-hearted (and it's Disney and Warner Bros now anyway).

The best alternative is to make something that will net you tons of royalties, and even then that's a gamble since you never really know what will take off (not to mention Marvel is stingy as fuuuuuuck with their royalties)

Oh no! Not... whoever that was!

Those middle two panels are like
>It's a Wonder Woman storytime!
>It's THIS Wonder Woman storytime!

I think the thing I hate the most about this new costume is the tiny-ass symbol

For those unaware, I've been purposefully posting the variants instead of the regular covers, bccause the regular covers suck shit

Nevermind, this is pre-jacket outrage

Oh boy, it's going to be one of those issues...

The Keres are actually one of my fave bits of Greek mythology but nobody ever goes Full Greek with WW well.

Diana using an Uzi? Well that's not very kosher

We need a Vertigo WW book so we can explore Greek mythology in all its weirdness

her face in that third panel is fucked

Kramer is pretty fucking bad with faces
He's also pretty fucking bad with deadlines apparently, because we've got a fill-in artist already!

I can't tell if this is an orgy or just a nude beach that got set on fire.

Orgy on a nude beach on fire.

durrr add it to the collage

Alright, Wonder Woman versus Cerberus! This should be awesome! Like Luke versus the Rancor! Bring it on!

what

WHAT

There's some stuff that intentionally diverges from the mythology in WW canon, even allowing for comic book mythology. I did think Jill Thompson's thing was more like a Greek story in the narrative (which is the most important bit really) and I'd be interested in seeing how that developed.

Well, that was a huge waste of time

I know this is supposed to build up tension, but it just feels lazy and decompressed as fuck

Oh no, it's naked bald rock guy!!! Seriously, who came up with this garbage design? It's horrible

These variants are easily the best part of this run

I like the skintight pants tee bee ehch

This dude sets a fire, just so he can walk through it and introduce himself?

>durr I just follow orders and like killing
Wow, great fucking villain

Like this, I think Earth One is pretty well written, and its ideas aren't as bad as this, but I still find the ideas pretty sophomoric.

JMS is a great writer, especially for TV, just a lot of his ideas are fucking godawful.

Yeah, he's just VERY dedicated to his theme

I think it would've been hilarious if this guy was an evil Steve Trevor, just to make it even more awful. Like, if you're going to write a trainwreck go out all the way, you know?

Should have at least required snausages to get past it.

I say I liked Earth One, but I have that feeling I wouldn't like it as much or at all if I tried reading it again.