So was the witch real?

So was the witch real?
Also why is this movie not scary? Wasn't it supposed to be a horror movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/YMI7_bjrDHuJvOFTpVkJuQ/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It wasn't scary because it's a meme film. Get's shilled like crazy for being artsy but it takes the whole "No jump scares in my horror!" mentality to it's logical conclusion. And this is what you get, a piece of shit film.

Reminder that OP is an actual turboautist who posts the same exact pathetic thread of how a certain film isn't scary enough to him every single day.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/YMI7_bjrDHuJvOFTpVkJuQ/

>"it's not good because it's not scarrrryyyy"
embarassing

It's not horror because it's not scary

Okay let's say it's not horror, that still doesn't make it a bad film then.

It's a shallow movie about nothing

It's a a great puritan period piece character drama that shows how a family can crumble when isolated and confronted with and fear and paranoia.
Amazing production design, top notch performances across the entire cast, great cinematography, soundtrack, editing, basically flawless execution of every single filmmaking element.

this counts as censorship fuck you jannies it's 2018

Yes, she was. This movie has ZERO subtleties, everything is straight in your face.

top soyhorror

How can someone say that this film wasn't horror? The scenery was perfect, the music was perfect, the family breakdown was perfect....the whole fucking movie was eerie as hell.

People with short attention spans, like people who love Fast & Furious, probably wouldn't "get" a movie like this.

based 'aren't horror movies supposed to be scary' poster

It irritates me how often this movie is shilled despite so few people watching it for what it is. The only "horror" aspect is the atmosphere and the fact that it is based on some of Puritan folklores spookier aspects. Its a period piece, except the myths those superstitious puritans actually believed were real back then were actually real. The script is assembled almost entirely from primary sources and the atmosphere is surprisingly realistic given that Puritans were legitimately terrified of the woods. I recommend doing some research on the puritans and their relationship to the wilderness before watching. I was reading Wilderness and the American Mind when I first watched it and I was pretty blown away by the surprisingly accurate and intense historical context. This film is overrated because I doubt the hipsters who shill it get the context, and it is underrated because most people hate it because they dont get the context. End of story. The witch was real by the way OP, that baby really did get mashed and painted on a disgusting old lady in the woods.

It wasnt scary therefore isn't horror

wrong

A bold assertion isn't an argument

so there are no horror movies

Is this the only form of attention you get?

Sad.

>I doubt the hipsters who shill it get the context

...I still don't understand.......I'm not hipster, just a horror fan, and I absolutely loved this movie. It was slow burning, sure, but a great movie nonetheless. Not "shilling" it, just sharing my opinion.

what if no horror movie scares me

what if socially awkward scenes like the ones in friends scare me, would that make friends a horror series?

This movie was trash

>Da hole moobie wad perfect!

Thats fair. The movie was great for its style and atmosphere for sure. Context adds to it a lot more tho. Pic related irks me.

Why?

It's a suspense flick at best.

is not scary but is dreadful and ominous ala japanese terror movies like Kairo Kúripi Audishon Cure.

OP, just accept that you are too are autistic to understand this film due to the fact that it relies on emotional fear and dread and your ‘tism prevents you from “getting it”. I know autism is a meme, but you are without a doubt on the spectrum. Now, stawp poasting this fucking thread you tard.

It had no soul, felt like I was watching "The Village" 2.0. Also the artsy cut scenes every ten minutes was off putting

brainlet detected
I bet you enjoy Michael Bay films faggot.

I bet you wear a helmet and clap like a retard during movies

>I bet you wear a helmet and clap like a retard during movies

Are you implying he's american?

>turboautist

i like that. i really really like that

yes it was user. it was perfect.

Garbage soy horror