Why did the ending turn out to be such shit? Everything about the finale was great until he went back to the past

Why did the ending turn out to be such shit? Everything about the finale was great until he went back to the past

Because Genndy is a hack.

Because it was sad as fuck. Jack is just tormented his entire life, until he finally finds something in the future he truly loves, and it's ripped from him. I get that bittersweet stories can be more realistic and artsy, but come on, let the poor fucking man have some happiness.

On top of that, even though it was pretty obviously the moral thing to do to prevent that future in the first place, we've lost all of the characters we've come to know and love over the years. They're literally just figments of Jack's memory because he erased their timeline. The Scotsman, all of them. All gone. They should have gotten some sort of proper goodbye, or maybe change the story a bit so that the future still exists but they rebuild.

I don't know, man. I just feel cheated. But that's just my opinion.

Fuck you, all the fans who watched it long ago wanted him to get to the past. Ending is fine, though Ashi needed to leave right after killing Aku

It feels like it just went off on a tangent and then realized it had to wrap things up
>then ashi tore open a portal and jack went back and killed aku and then married ashi but she died because she was aku the end

Pacing, honestly. Idea was okay but it felt like he rushed through it, go through the same plot points but with a 44-minute episode and you have an ending that's at least good.

FUCKING T
FUCKING H
FUCKING I
FUCKING S
FUCKING .

guys, you know Aku basically killed all of Jack's allies both on and offscreen during that final battle right. They didnt have a future in Aku's world, literally. As several people have brought up, I dont think its weird to assume most will just be born normally in a world without Aku in the future.

You are not alone. I feel like this was some kind of fanfiction tier bullshit and not a proper ending.

He shouldve never went back to the past you dense faggot, it was a cheap and hamfisted ending

/thread

Screencapped for posterity. Genndy is a fucking hack.

They all got rekt by the raining Aku spikes. Everyone knew Jack wanted to go back to the past because they all watched the old intro Aku put on the screens. Jack going back was as they wished.

Also there's no way that we know Ashi dying was because of the future not existing or because of Ashi just being unable to exist in a past time (or even just Ashi and Aku being more intertwined than we knew.) The whole time travel rules were never really established that well and I think that's where the issue lies with people finding it unsatisfying.

Because endings are notoriously hard to pull off

>He shouldve never went back to the past

Eat glass. All you "He should have stayed in the future because his friends are his real family now" cunts don't realize that you're the cliche loving faggots

Shove it up your rectum shitface, a cliche with a satisfying ending would've been better then what weve gotten

narratively its kinda lazy don't you think? killing off everyone in a single episode so that jack going back looks like the best option by default

I let my guard down when Ashi acknowledged that she's "ok, I felt him leave me".
So I started crying tears of joy at the following scene because I KNEW they weren't going to pull a gurren laggan.
I've been furious ever since.
God dammit, Ashi deserved better!

Ahahaha fucking what? Are you for real right now?

The bittersweet ending we got is several layers more cliche than him accepting that he couldnt go back and that he now had to UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU in the most literal sense by staying and rebuilding a prosperous world.

Because he l i t e r a l l y ripped off TTGL's ending and it wasn't even a good rip off.

The legend of zelda.

Happy endings are for plebs.

>Have a new, garbage character who is there just to fulfill your childhood fantasies added
>She takes up an absurd amount of screentime
>To the point that every other character is sidelined
>She ends up dying in the end anyways after a series of clichés

I'm not sure whether to be happy she never happened or to be angry she wasted an entire season just to cease to exist

Jack didn't erase the timeline, he's just not apart of it anymore. All those characters exist, but move on in their own universe while Jack moves in the past one.

The Scotsman got like 10 minutes of screen time total because he had to make room for this stupid waifu bitch that didn't exist until now. Fucking retard-o series

Wrong, Ashi faded away which means the Aku future also faded away.

>all of Jack's allies
Nope he still had lots more that the hack know as Gennedy forgot.

>The Scotsman, all of them. All gone. They should have gotten some sort of proper goodbye

This is what gets me. They tried to show the characters from around the world who raised Jack, but it was so milquetoast when you realize that all the characters you actually give a shit about cease to exist.

They really should have just kept him in the future. The Guardian could have explained that Jack going back to the past doesn't prevent that timeline from disappearing, so he would be dooming that entire universe to Aku. Then Jack would be forced to pick the past he was ripped from, or the present future where he has touched so many lives, with Ashi being the deciding factor to remain in the future.

Instead we got

>"ASHI YOU HAVE AKU'S POWERS"
>"OH SHIT YOURE RIGHT, GOTTA GET BACK, BACK TO THE PAST"

I just felt the pacing was off. The big battle was finally ramping up. All of Jack's allies arrive to help him. He's finally broken through to Ashi. Ashi joins him to fight. Finally time to kill Aku!

And then they go back in time like no big deal and squash old aku like a bug. Pretty disappointing.

If the ending was written differently then it's not unreasonable to believe that they could have also made more of his allies survive the battle.

I felt that the amount of kills Aku got in that battle was unnecessary. We already know how powerful Aku is, killing all of those characters was just excessive.

You pathetic fucking Cucks Jack had to go back for the BILLIONS OF SOULS tormented and killed by Aku through the hundreds/thousands of years. All the people of the future wish for a world without Aku. The people Jack helped along the way were gladly giving their lives to help Jack have a single chance at stopping him at the end.

While none of the people who Jack touched in the future remember him his success in going back in time was necessary to create a better world for those who never saw hope and died before Jack made it to the future.

Screenshot that for posterity faggot.
Ashi disappearing randomly during the wedding was total hack shit though. Aku had been dead for a while already

Because it was rushed. Lets say that it had more time.
They finish the fight with Aku. They seem to be in trouble. But then, the guardian arrive. Say something about "Jack you are finally ready.". Maybe something more about how Jack is late or something. Travel back. Defeat Aku again. Marry Ashi. Then finally. Ashi begin to dissolve/disappear slowly. They got to say their goodbye. Then the final shot with Jack again.

There a much better ending.

Shut the fuck up Sup Forums

Fuck those billions of souls. They shouldve moved on for the sake of the billions that already exsisted then ceased to live because of jacks actions. Go fuck yourself cuckold bitch.

>The Guardian could have explained that Jack going back to the past doesn't prevent that timeline from disappearing, so he would be dooming that entire universe to Aku.

The worse part about this, is that when Genndy parodied Samurai Jack in Duck dodgers, he literally said exactly what you just wrote. I feel like We would of had a completely and satisfying ending to Samurai Jack if it was never canceled. Genndy completely dropped the ball here.

Moral of the story:

Saving the world is never worth it

>One group of people is more important because I got to see them

Kys you fucking king of manlet cucks

>muh billions of souls

They are going to die regardless with or without Aku. You think Jack's world is going to be a paradise without Aku there? It's going to go to shit anyway. Staying in the future, funny enough would've brought humanity together to not only take down Aku but actually make the world a better place, by cleaning it up.

Stop trying to defend this garbage writing. Nothing worse than forced bittersweet endings.

the problem is ashi and her role.

she basically makes the previous 4 seasons irrelevant. as she is the magic mcguffin that allows jack to win finally.

yeah because I care about all those random faggots that trained jack in the first episode and not the memorable characters like the scotsman, spartans, woolies, etc. They got erased, why would they have come to jacks aid if they knew they would be erased?

Ashi?

Who is Ashi?

>Kills Aku
>Ashi doesn't disappear immediately
Stupid.

>Durr it woulda been better
>Durr you think jacks world will be better without aku

Yes the world will be better without the literal personification of evil running it.

Youre such a pathetic contrarian you cant even see how full of shit your arguments are

They are more important because i meet and knew them you sewage gargiling cuckold peice of shit

>Muh genndy can do no wrong

Fucking pathetic.
Jack's world will turn to shit regardless. There was no "win" scenario here. At least in the future, they could join together and rebuild.

But keep sucking that Genndy dick user.