>hero is a reject from society who saves the day

I can't believe movies have underdogs

Don't try to lump Lego Movie with this trash

>hero is a retard who saves the day

>lego movie
>good
reddit incarnate

i heard trolls was communistic

Yeah, but their retarded antics get them captured and almost eaten, while a stereotypical paranoid doomsday prepper saves the day

But the Lego Movie IS trash

>shitting on good things because reddit likes them
>being unable to seperate a work from it's fanbase
>This level of autism
Sup Forums incarnate

Emmett from The LEGO Movie was far from a reject, his whole problem was the point that he blended in to much with the crowd and didn't feel special.

I actually enjoyed Angry Birds, but thats probably because I went in thinking it was going to be the worst movie I've ever seen and only watched it ironically.

This

>liked trolls
>liked angry birds
>liked lego movie
Am I a pleb, Sup Forums?

>emmet
>reject
he was so utterly conformed to the system that he didnt leave any lasting impression on anyone who ever met him, since he was such a generic dude

also, lego movie is awesome, unlike those other movies

>Wreck it Ralph
>A Bugs Life
>The Incredibles
>Ratatouille

Zootopia kinda counts with Nick, Wreck-It-Ralph too.

Neither the Lego movie nor Trolls fit that description, since the hero of the Lego movie was a boring conformist and the heroine of Trolls was the princess who was like the physical embodiment of her society. I didn't see either of the other two garbage so I don't know about them. I suspect you haven't watched any of these movies.

Lego movie is legit great so no.

The Lego movie was 10 out of 10 and Trolls was a lot better than I thought it would be, mostly because they avoided pretty much everything to do with the actual product in favor of making a fairy tale. I don't know about Angry Birds.

>Contrarians who only hate an objectively good movie because the Leddit boogeyman also likes it.
I'm entirely convinced people like this are special snowflakes who can't bear the thought of their favorite series being mainstream.

Nah, you're good user. Like what you want.

Angry Birds was OK but it's still an enjoyable experience. It's even funnier if you believe the theory that it's meant to be an anti-immigrant movie is true.

You forgot httyd and bugs life and antz

And also.. The Point

Even still, it kicked of this shit trend.

Oh you man the movie where a tribe of islanders covered in feathers is invaded by thieves from the continent ?

>Lego movie
>hero rejected from society
I think you missed the point. By like. 100,000 parsecs.

Fuck you, Kronk is a national treasure.

>who is Branch
Wow, you didn't watch them but you are talking to somebody about them not watching it?

You're right Lego Movie isn't trash

IT'S DUCKING SHOT

In the other movies, the rejects were rejects because their outlook on life was so different from the others that he/she was ought to be a reject until his new outlook was needed to save the world.

Emmet, on the other hand, subverted the trope by being the most generic person in the city, making him the least likely person to be the chosen one to everyone else.

>a movie that tells the tale of a hero's journey to another world and growth as a person, integrating the physical nature of its characters into the story all the while mocking routine lifestyles but not going into typical 'hurr durr society is so stupid' but instead acknowledging creativity as something anyone can achieve
>possibly the most postmodern animated movie of 2010s
>not good
are you a fool?

the pugs even have coexist stickers on their cars in the movoe.

>>hero is a reject from society who saves the day
You can put Man of Steel Superman on that list as well.

Branch isn't the main protagonist, dingus. It's Poppy's movie. She's the one who sets off the chain of events, who has to deal with new responsibilities, whose character arc takes up more on-screen time than anyone else's, she is the one who seeks out Branch and who is motivated to go save everyone, she has the "all is lost" moment. Branch is a sidekick akin to Marlin and Dory.

Phoneposter, kill yourself.

"Guy who has everything gets even more" doesn't seem like a very interesting story. Too close to real life.

Wreck-it-Wally wasn't a reject, he was a villain. An extremely popular one at that, even people from other games knew him.