Just finished this documentary about a computer who beat one of the top players in the field of Go

Just finished this documentary about a computer who beat one of the top players in the field of Go.
It felt pretty great throughout, the development of the program as well as the human player.
Has Sup Forums seen this?
Has Sup Forums seen Hikaru no Go?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/why-google-ai-game-go-is-harder-than-chess-2016-3
youtube.com/watch?v=WxY-GAbY3v0
youtube.com/watch?v=8tq1C8spV_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I still don't understand what STEM fags think this will achieve. Deep Blue defeated Kasparov like 20 fucking years ago. Wow such AI.

wtf is GO? Pokemon Go?

it beat all the top players and then it beat itself 500 times without knowing what the game was

Chess openings is like 20 possible positions. But go has about

businessinsider.com/why-google-ai-game-go-is-harder-than-chess-2016-3

>300 times the number of moves vs Chess

i mean >200

I shall do my best to apologize with actresses.

Go is a strategy game roughly based on strategy (based on my simple mind) developed over 2500 years ago. It's older than Chess.

The most amazing points of what the documentary shows is that it can't anticipate human nature's ability to win. And then it learned from that in Le Se-dol game 5 where it went beyond what the 'expectations' of the game was.
For me it was a Bruce Lee vs Gung Fu moment, wherein it disassembled the antiquated rules and old culture of martial arts.

Are you an AI? What the fuck are you trying to say?

Literally an old board game wow.

Let me know next time an AI writes a better play than Shakespeare

I'm drunk and have been thinking about this all day... Now I'm trying to find the right videos to uphold my thoughts about the philosophy of an art. Whatever artform that may come in.
youtube.com/watch?v=WxY-GAbY3v0

chess is for babies

Here's a trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=8tq1C8spV_g

It's still super intricate that you have to anticipate your opening, your opponent's moves, your opponent's development and respond to that.
In the form of war, it is ultimate in terms of victory and defeat and we are teaching computers this.

It loses! But WHY it loses is the burst of the human spirit

Hikaro no go was a shitty anime from the early 00's, the mom dojins are great though.

Go is about territorial control and deceit rather than positioning and attrition. Different kind of games. But they're still both literally TABLETOP BOARD GAMES. I don't shit myself everyone the computer beats me at minefield so who fucking cares.

What I'm saying here is only stem faggots think this matters or is impressive beyond a narrow programming achievement

But it shouldn't only impress the STEM fags and that it should push Human Kind to further their understanding of their own.
We should be able to use technology to our betterment.

Technology makes everything worse in case you hadn't noticed

>shit

homie you have shit taste. Hikaru no Go was great

I think it's 50/50