What is the quintessiental millennials movie?

What is the quintessiental millennials movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gVNFSFqGmL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They think it is an instructional video.

Capeshit
Drive

even though it was not made by, about, or even in the time of millenials; I strongly believe that "The Graduate" has themes that resonate with the generation

lmao, students and college leavers today are far better off than ever in history. They are far less likely to have kids and due to the privilege of getting an education have high earning potential than most of the rest of the poulation.

If you're complaining about student loans you're a fucking bastard, there are actual poor people in the world that have nothing at all to ever look forward to, that will never earn in their lives what you'll make in a 10 years.

Unless you took a liberal arts course, in which case neck yourself.

"omg I made a decision that in the long run will be great and now I have to live with the short-term consequences, why did this happen to me!?"

I just had this thought

Failure to Launch
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Billy Madison
Knocked Up
Mall Rats
I Love You, Man
American Pie (all)
Fever Pitch
Stepbrothers
The Hangover

Basically, if it features Owen Wilson, Kevin James, Adam Sandler, Vince Vauhgn, Will Ferrel, etc

>eat your poorly prepared slop, people are starving in china

nah, college kids from previous decades were a lot better off. college was a hell of a lot cheaper and not as many people enrolled, giving your degree more value. now every other person is going, paying much more, and having to compete with outsourced students from overseas when they graduate.

>you should be grateful for 200k debt Goyim.

I find myself relating to Clerks a lot more. Didnt think a college education would end up with me doing menial labor in my late 20s, but here i am.

Feels good living in Europe where education is free

PAY

Isnt it about how you should trust your political leaders and the media? At least thats what Hillary said.

Spring Breakers.

lol just invest in crypto dipshits

>70% tax rate
>all your money goes to house Jamal and his family
>"free"

Good goyim.

There must be a reason for that. Why exactly did the price of education rise like that?

Even if you didn't take a liberal arts degree, most degrees are worthless.
You can be really smart with a degree in History and that won't get you shit in real life.

>bitch about student debt
>you went in knowing you would have to pay it
>far better off now after achieving your degree, long-term
>bitch about it

How about you don't be a faggot? You gotta pay the piper man, GIBSMEDAT only goes so far.

I live in the UK, nothing is free. You pay for it in taxes, vat and many other things.

Nothing in the world is ever really free.

A degree in history is just as dumb as one in art.

bussines idea: buy lots of clothes then go back in time and sell them for double their price

>far better off now after achieving your degree, long-term
Not true. Most people that go off and get a bachelor's degree end up working menial jobs for low pay.

I didn't even go to college, faggot, just calling out your shit about how people enrolling now are better off than at any other time.

When people say "liberal arts", they are usually referring to the humanities, which INCLUDES history. Generally, they're contrasting those with STEM and finance (200k starting, any hours i want), but the truth is that those are losing value too.

It's free until its your turn to pay into the system.

t. Norwegian who has to give 45% of my income to taxes

Fair enough but other degrees such as a Mathematics degree is pretty worthless also.

Why are student loans and debt separate issues? Where is that massive debt coming from that dwarfs the student loans?

probably the Hunger Games or Harry Potter or some other young adult bullshit.

If you goto university and get a worthless degree you're a fucking retard, no sympathy at all.

If you know you're going to be paying for something, get a degree that is useful in the real world.

"but muh gender studies degree!"

clothing sold nowadays is comparatively poorer in quality. a lot of first world countries used to manufacture clothing up until the end of the '90s, then the whole market shifted to the middle east and asia, which likely helped reduce costs.

And in turn your country is the best place to live on earth, worth it.

If they are worthless user, why would anyone pay to get them? you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot with this argument.

>1984
>Not Brave New World
You had one job, user

> Free.
> Covered by taxes and, mostly, public debt.
> Covered by an artificial debt bubble kept by lower interest rates.
> Lower interest rates kept low due to competition with high risk / high rate countries.

You "free" tuition is payed by poor people around the world. There is NO such thing as "free".

Don't get a degree then maybe? Nobody is forcing you to get one.

Because a lot of stupid students go into college and major in something they have interest in, not what equals jobs when they graduate.

>why would anyone pay to get them?
Not him, but you're acting like everyone makes rational decisions. This is especially untrue at the age of 18, when they go to college.

nogs with credit cards.

>I have no money in the bank, but I need a car.
>Should I get a used beater for $1,000 or a brand new BMW at 20% interest?
>BMW! $100 a month for next 15 years!
>New iPhone? If I only pay $20 a month for the next five years I can afford it!
>I'm hungry! Lets to go Buffalo Wild Wings... every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday!
>My Chinese 60" flat screen broke after two years, lets get a 70" this time!

So because they are stupid the tax payer should pay for their worthless degree?

If you make your bed, you lie in it. Make stupid decisions, pay the consequences.

It's what being an adult is all about.

Hell no. I don't advocate free college.
But I not gonna say 99% of degrees aren't fucking worthless.
I advocate for people not going to college and instead learning a trade.

>reee they must have taken womyns studies

how about being a dumb 17 year old whos parents absolutely insist you go to university but don't have the money to put you through so they push you a long, co-singing a line of credit and you think you should so it because they told you it was the right thing and then dropping out 2 years later because it turns out to have been not the right thing for you

fuck you, just because you couldn't get into college doesn't mean we have to be happy about how expensive it is. to get a job that pays above minimum you have to go to post secondary so for the majority of people, that means you have to accrue debt and often large amounts of it

>get drunk
>fuck some girl
>get her pregnant
>"I dont' want to pay child support, I was just dumb, please no consequences for my actions!"
>"well, you stilly whipper snapper you didn't make a rational decision there did you! ok you don't have to pay it, you're so silly! :D"

>Because a lot of stupid students go into college and major in something they have interest in

thats how it should be. are you one of those "everyone should go into engineering because i read it on Sup Forums" people?

No. I think if you go to college it should be to get a job that makes money.
Otherwise DON'T go to college and learn a trade.
>to get a job that pays above minimum you have to go to post secondary
Not true at all.
You can make really fucking good money by learning a trade instead of going to college.

All these privileged man babies in this thread, grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your own actions.

Nobody owes you anything for free.

Neither I nor the other user said anything about taxpayer-funded education.

We just said college degrees aren't worth what they were previously, which is objectively true, and now you're talking about how it's funded for some reason.

you can learn about things you're interested in without paying $80,000. Or do you really need some old cunt and a syllabus to tell you what books to read and to give you writing prompts for essays?

Does UK student finance debt count?

So don't get one, if you already have one and now realize it's worthless you fucked up. You still gotta pay for it, such is life.

Tutors are assholes, they make money by teaching courses nobody needs. Be mad at them.

Napolion Dynomite

We're living the mix of both right now, strangely.

>have college business degree
>dont even bother to apply for jobs because no work experience

feels good man

I love Brave New World.
Its a great song.
youtube.com/watch?v=gVNFSFqGmL4

>boomers be like: why aren't these lazy milennials buying my house that I bought in 1972 for 20 000 dollars!

Citizens int he UK pay an insane amount of tax, you get taxes in so many different ways here that it's hard to even keep track of it all.

Fuel tax (petrol in the uk is insanely expensive in the UK, due to taxes on it), tv licence tax, alcohol tax, cigarette taxes, import taxes, vat, income tax, sales tax.

lol dude, america is actually like $20 trillion in debt from wars and shit it owes to world banks and shit. just ride the wave and spend ur shit while it lasts.

true

>200k starting

Thats a joke, right?

maybe not as much since we dont even pay it back unless we earn a certain amount, and even then at the lower end it's something like £400 a year

that's why I am trying to study architecture :)

lol thats prob in a really nice neighborhood in like San Fransisco or Manhattan or some shit

all jobs will be replaced by A.I. in 20 years anyways. who gives a shit lol

>state that college education is worth less than it used to be, which is demonstrably true
>state that 18 year olds probably aren't well placed to make the best financial decisions, which is anecdotally true
>some idiot starts talking about taxpayers not having to fund it, for some reason
>same idiot starts acting like these general statements are personal to me

>history isn't a liberal art

OC

This is why canada < the us.

My entire undergrad cost me 9,000$

And my uni is just as good as any american one.

oh ya? any? harvard? standford yale? any?

History is a social science. "Liberal arts" is a term used by bitter poorfag country bumpkins

Why not just go to the UK, they have top 10 unis and no proper debt if you get a gov. loan

Here are the reasons degrees are worth less:

Because more people than ever before are getting them, which makes them less valuable in the job market

Also because most of the courses people take are useless, only existing to make the colleges more money.

In many EU nations this is even worse because if you don't have to pay for something you'll be far more likely to get one and take courses that are shitty.

As a canadian you also will pay far more taxes to pay for everyone else to get those cheap / free edumacation after you get yours.

>canada < the us
>my uni is just as good as any american one

>canada < the us
>

Because the uk cost of living is extremely high compared to canada, especially london

>This is why canada < the us.

Canadian education

Degrees are more important than ever. The thing is you need to stay in school longer and get a masters, because BAs are so common. Good luck finding a good non-trade job without a BA.

How much does renting a flat cost in canada? In a good uni city anyway. Most people in london live with others to share the cost, so it doesn't come off as too expensive in the end, but I thought canada was expensive as well.

Really depends. In montreal you can get a big one bedroom in a great area for 1000 CAD/month. In Toronto or Vancouver, you're looking at 3x that.

This is really only the case due to almost unlimited mass immigration of unskilled, semi-skilled labor. Which is pushing down wages and availability of almost all jobs outside of ones that require a BA.

As more and more of these immigrants are encouraged to go into higher education (with far less strict entry requirements) this will start to hit people with degrees more and more too, it's already happening and it's only going to get worse.

Right now I'm paying 600£/month for a quite spacious two-floor flat shared with a friend, total cost is like ~1200£. So montreal is definitely cheaper but Toronto or Vancouver don't sound very different from London based on what you say.