Video game trailer has better action than a multi million dollar movie

>Video game trailer has better action than a multi million dollar movie youtube.com/watch?v=SAkcolVxDy0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NZ_ZbMOreZI
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
youtube.com/watch?v=c4iL5uUDf5I
youtube.com/watch?v=RjG61DoDzN8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM
youtube.com/watch?v=HQhfDP-Xy8g
youtube.com/watch?v=8QZI2Jv0EVs&t=286s
youtube.com/watch?v=S_04E6IkcUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XRMUYpH7bQk
youtube.com/watch?v=3rridXskgWg
youtube.com/watch?v=PpK0UEqdEhg
youtube.com/watch?v=3vItyS0Z81w
youtube.com/watch?v=l2b3JTTazaw
youtube.com/watch?v=VkFj1JtZAyk&t=21s
youtube.com/watch?v=ML7UOhCyy38
youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88
youtube.com/watch?v=UxrQF-w3pQk
youtube.com/watch?v=ktkKlc1eFNw
youtube.com/watch?v=X9sdwpbL4kc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

blur trailers cost multiple million dollars tho

$200 million dollar video game, retard.

Why are Hollywood flicks so shitty?
youtube.com/watch?v=NZ_ZbMOreZI

Holy Shit
Everything about this trailer is better than the force awakens, how's it even possible?
It looks great, the action is top notch, the architecture, weapon design, landscape is fantastic and it even has a strong female character
I knew the new "starwars" but this btfo Disney and their shills completely
>made in 2011
Why we regressed so much as a culture and as state of the art is less than a decade?

The most kino of those series of trailers is this one. I will rewatch this like once a month
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

How does that logic explain all the movies with good action scenes?

Man these were good

youtube.com/watch?v=c4iL5uUDf5I

came here to post this

sit tight, you're in for a ride
youtube.com/watch?v=RjG61DoDzN8&t

There is more character development in 4 minutes then Rey has in 2 movies.

It's not like they spent that $200 million on the trailers. Most of that went to developing a shitty videogame, the trailers were a pretty small part of the budget.

Wrath of the Lich King opening cinematic is true game kino.

I have no idea who these guys where but it was a much better story than fucking soy wars and it made more sense on their motives
Amazing, Hollywood is completely dead

>the emperor's voice acting and cinematography
>twin males trying to achieve greatness
>for the entirety of the video the father is basically speaking to the twins as infants, telling his sons exactly what's going to happen
>his slight grin when the more aggressive son leaps to attack him. He was waiting for this
>when the brother strikes the other down he finally shows affection to his son for the first time in his life
>a successor has been chosen
Everything about this is kino

We posting video game kino here? I have one hell of an opening cinematic for ya

youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

because the people who made these characters cared about the lore and the characters they were creating. The fact that the girl jedi is an asian, or that the bad ass commander is a minority are secondary aspects.
That's the difference between creating characters for a story against making shit to fill quotas

Halo Reach might be a black sheep (for some fucking reason) in the Halo community, but fuck me the cutscenes were so damn good and impactful for this game.
youtube.com/watch?v=HQhfDP-Xy8g

This.
So good that GoT shamelessly ripped it off

Halo 2 had some good ones too, and they looked incredible in the remaster.

ODST is great as well. Pretty much any of the Bungie Halo games were cinematic and amazing. That along with Marty Odonnell's god tier soundtracks make the games near masterpieces.
youtube.com/watch?v=8QZI2Jv0EVs&t=286s

Bungies always had good trailers

youtube.com/watch?v=S_04E6IkcUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XRMUYpH7bQk
youtube.com/watch?v=3rridXskgWg

Too bad the game is crap

This looks fucking edgy. I bet you think Watchmen is "kino"

Bungie-Halo had the best trailers and cinematics
Reach was such an unexpected masterpiece of a game and I can't help but play it every once in a while.
youtube.com/watch?v=PpK0UEqdEhg

Seems like everyone disagrees with you but that's ok. What trailers would you recommend user?

the edgier and more sincere, the better

>drop your gun and try to sword fight a Sith

Wat

THE PAIN... IS YOUR ENTITLEMENT

>republic shits getting wrecked
That brought feelings I didn't know I had

>Video game trailer has better action than a multi million dollar movie

Sure if you like circus dancing. Honestly I find these trailers to be boring these days. Personally I want to see some light saber combat with solid tension and release.

youtube.com/watch?v=3vItyS0Z81w

youtube.com/watch?v=l2b3JTTazaw
TESO trailers were so much better than the game. Hell, they were better than the Warcraft movie.

>be archer
>dive into the melee
2 bombs weren't enough.

That looks boring, though. It's not cinematic.

Halo Wars had the best CG I've still ever seen

t. brainlet

t. weeb

You admit your loss and that you have no argument.

>Bioware

That is very true. Granted, I think that the CG in a game like Diablo 3's cutscenes is better, but Wars had some damn great scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=VkFj1JtZAyk&t=21s

Too masculine. They're acting like they're in grand opera about space marines and magical samurai. Where's the commentary about veganism and feminism? Why aren't they smiling at the camera so I know it's not real life?

She's a bard and she had to get in close to Protect the retard that stopped to look at the moon in the middle of a battlefield

Star Wars is inherently edgy if you don't like it you can taste my iron blade

Is Bloodborne /vidyakino/?
youtube.com/watch?v=ML7UOhCyy38

>That looks boring, though. It's not cinematic.
It's almost literally the Kenobi vs Vader fight in ANH

I fucking miss Halo's good art direction

Republic AND Sith both getting wrecked by a force sensitive outsider faction is what really tickles me

Kylo ren stabbing the ground for no fucking reason in his fight scene with Rey in TLJ was the most retarded shit I had ever seen. Surprised it hasn't been memed here more.

Halo had an amazing story and it all got shit on by 343

youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88

This is just sad to watch, 343 is an awful company.

>getting this out fucking skilled by nuBioware at your own game
Get some proper writers mouse

>You are the child of my makers, inheritor of all they left behind! You ARE Forerunner!
What did Guilty Spark mean by this?

No it isn't. It's faster. They're constantly making bodily contact with their swords. A lightsaber fight that sloppy would be over in 5 seconds tops. Not very exciting.

That before Halo 3 gutted all the plot points set up by 2 Humans were the original Forerunners

giv lolisith gf

>femDarth Vader
>Mary Sue

FFS pay attention to what I said originally. I want to see some light saber combat with solid tension and release. The video is highlighting that, do you understand.

>she will never crush your balls like this

I get teary eyed knowing Halo is a dead franchise just one game in by 343. Halo 4 was fucking garbage and such a let down from the fantastic game that Reach was.
Well, before 343 took a mysterious race and turned it into a VERY bland antagonist race, Bungie originally wanted Humans to be descendants of the Forerunner after they activated the Halo rings. I think the main reason why 343 ruined the series is because they acted like they were fans of the games, but clearly had zero interest in keeping the art direction or story cohesive with the other games, and instead of keeping a mystery alive and leaving little hints to let the players figure it out on their own, they just flat out told us who they were and made them incredibly fucking bad.

Alright, what the fuck happened to Revan in tortanic? I'm replaying kotor 1 and 2 during break and want to know how badly bioware fucked up my favorite space christ figure.

No

No you don't

In addition to The Old Republic, The Force Unleashed had some great cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=UxrQF-w3pQk

Which games are good? RPG wise. I have KoTR 1 and 2. I'm not sure about anything else other than that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktkKlc1eFNw

holy shit this is kino, based Blur

I'm a jaded old fuck that saw the writing on the wall in 2011. Just tell me how they ruined him.

>Alright, what the fuck happened to Revan in tortanic?

Turns out him and Malak got brainwashed by the Sith Emperor who's basically not!Nihlus, except with none of the drawbacks. Shit happens, Revan tries to genocide the whole population of the Sith Empire, because they all are mixed-species with some percentage of Sith (species) blood in them. Then you kill him. Then he splits into his good and bad half, bad half does shit, you kill it, they reunite and stuff happens even more. Basically, it's shit.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are gold

Can you play any of this Knights of the Old Republic shit standalone offline or do you have to play it online with a bunch of fucking loser neckbeards like World of Faggotcraft? I remember liking KOTOR 1 and 2 but if I have to get online and play with a bunch of fuccbois I'm out.

In case you want to know what happened with the exile she got shanked by some random nobody

the Star Wars: The Old Reblic cinematics are better than anything Hollywood has given us for a very long time, they also show the potential of the Star Wars universe, lost potential now...

Valkorion could have been one of the most interesting characters in fiction but they turned him into another power hungry retard with moronic plan to steal literal who's body. And the entire Zakuul thing was criminally underused even though it is much better then fucking Jedi/Sith bullshit.

she's no Mary Sue, her whole story is fucking tragic

Imagine being the eternal twins in this scene

So Revan wasn't the ultimate chaotic good dude trying to reunite the galaxy to fight off something like the Yuuzhan Vong?

Why take away the agency of what is arguably the best EU character outside of Kyle Katarn? The whole point of Kotor 2 was to contextualize Revan's choices during the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars so that there was a bigger picture rather than "I'm so smart. I'm gonna use the star forge to rule the galaxy and crush any opposition like a bug, BUT NOT LIKE MALAK" or this stupid sith emperor bullshit where I assume he's just evil because they needed a villain.

more like eternal rape

>one takes the front
>the other takes the rear
I don't see the problem

Where's kotor3 you pieces of shit

>the video highlights that
It's also boring. You want boring lightsaber fights that end in 5 seconds?

Valkorion started out really well, but the scope of the game became to narrow for the potential of the character i think

in any case, having both enjoyed and suffered through the story in SW:ToR i like individual components of the story in that game a lot more than any of the shit nu-Hollywood has given us

So for videogame fags Star Wars is Dragon Balls Z now? Typical brainlets, don't even realize they are the reason the thing they like is AIDS.

Incoming dick

How did the exile get wrecked by a nobody? The same exile that slapped the shit out of three sith lords just gets offed?

Where the fuck is my stand alone Kotor 3 where those two along with T3, HK and his droid army after that business with Telos in the RCM, Bao-Dur because I don't think he's dead, and Atton figure out the genuine sith threat or whatever it is and actually rally the galaxy to fight it?

YOU JUST KNOW

After watching a trailer like that I refuse to believe modern Bioware is as bad as people like to claim.

This. I'm not playing online with other people. I want my vidya to be like my sex, by myself. Is there just playing the story offline or do you gotta do it online?

No you retard no one wants jedi floating through space like superman or being mary sues. Star Wars so far has been for children so I don't get what you're implying like the original trilogy was some high-brow art that we're not appreciating.

Wanting good action scenes with characters that are well developed has nothing to do with your anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=X9sdwpbL4kc

Have you played the game these kinographic trailers are promoting? It's utter shit. They contracted an outside studio for these trailers Bioware has nothing to do with them

>Video game has better fighting choreography and cinematography than multi-million dollar movies
How can flicks even compete?

Makes you think. Did the twins pleasure themselves after a good battle? It must get awfully lonely day in and day out of conquests

Jedi Exile was made into some literally who female Jedi that had a thing for Revan. Then she got killed off by some other literal who Sith because reasons. No powers whatsoever like the ones you had in KOTOR 2.

That first trailer was literally DBZ level trash. Fuck off back to your hole, Sup Forumseddit. Star Wars was always shit but it's because of you Sup Forumseddit scum that it's turned into Feminist BayWars. Just throw more lightsabers and le ebin explosions in it amirite? Moron.

It was something along the lines of
>exile gets to sith planet
>exile meets revan's jailor and convices him to help them
>the 3 get into the emperors throne room
>jailor gets force vision
>backstabs exile
>revan gets rekt when he looks away from emperor

Pretty cliche and a lovely way to shit on the exile's strengths

>be the sons of the emperor of fucking galaxies
>feel lonely

Compare the trailers to the actual game

She teamed up with some sith lord to free Revan and assassinate the Emperor. When the sith betrayed her she never saw it coming

Did we watch the same video? He deprived those boys of everything from birth. They had to work for what they had the only thing they were given were armies to carry out the emperor's bidding.

>her whole story is fucking tragic
Oh so that makes her immune to criticism and she is automatically forgiven for everything

Well... yeah

Shes a woman after all

>Valkorion started out really well, but the scope of the game became to narrow for the potential of the character i think
Judging by the way his son and daughter are written I think writers just had massive daddy issues. Can't think of a more plausible explanation.
>having both enjoyed and suffered through the story in SW:ToR i like individual components of the story in that game a lot more than any of the shit nu-Hollywood has given us
Imperial Agent story is pure fucking kino. Neutral/Light inquisitor story was fine too. The rest are pretty generic and boring although my friend played as dark trooper and said it was a blast.

>be incredibly powerful with the force
>have a shit life in every other regard
Yeah that's about equal I would say. You can criticise her for being a mary sue if you like but you would be wrong.