Po traded a handful of bombers for one of the most destructive starships in the galaxy

Po traded a handful of bombers for one of the most destructive starships in the galaxy.

If he hadn't, the Resistance would have been crushed. Even if, by some plot contrivance, it's superior firepower still could no snuff the rebel fleet at range, it would have eradicated that old rebel base from orbit in a heartbeat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=puvD_FDS_jE
youtube.com/watch?v=1ESg7PmiLNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread reeks of toxic masculinity

Umm sweety let the female force be with you

yeah, but the force if female now, so stop manplaining

Poe blew up the Starkiller Base.
You would think that would get him a higher rank than some menopausal bitch but apparently he was too toxic.

War of attrition, the first order has vast fleets of star destroyers whilst those rebel bombers represented like a quarter of resistance firepower.
Poe wasted those bombers and numerous fighters and ace pilots to put barely a dent on the military might of the first order.

Perhaps you could post some more feminine starships to balance it out.

umm sweety dont question strong female commander

Idiot could use one of the Galoffree transports to hyperspace ram it instead of loosing all bombers. Stupid CIS male.

Well wtf is their strategy Then? Unleash super rey?

literal cockpit

As of right now? Yes. It's almost like the movie is bad it something.

YAAAAASSS QUEEN REY SLAY

So what you're saying is the resistance is basically a non-issue?

Typical rebel strategy is to launch precision attacks with a squad of fighters against important imperial targets. Sending large ships to meet imperial/first order fleets is opposite to the doctrine of asymmetrical warfare and will see the empire/first order win due to sheer superiority of men and firepower. The rebels should only deploy their fleet if it has the potential to instantly destroy the empire AKA destroying the death star.

This was just an artillery ship. Little more than a space worthy catapult.
Snoke's Mega Star Destroyer outclasses it by a couple orders of magnitude and was still unable to get range on the rebels.

Also purple kamikaze crippled their fleet, and would have crippled that dreadnought just the same.

IMO the lamest thing was that the hyperspace kamikaze worked.
In the comics a super star destroyer took 3 simultaneous impacts from rebel cruisers in hyperspace and took only a 2% dip in their shields.

That was their strategy until the saviour of the resistance, Admiral Holdo developed the advanced hyperspace ramming technique.

It's kinda sad when there is more than one thing in a single movie that invalidates the 8 previous movies

oh my fuck

Next movie will be all about the rebels using starships of peace to defeat the empire

Uhh no honey, it was a bad idea because some people died

Skills

>yfw Snoke just wanted to bring Pizza to the Galaxy

That scene really boggled my noggle. If hyperspace kamikaze works against a fleet that big even with a cruiser that small, why hasn't the resistance turned into WW2 Japan 2: Electric Boogaloo? They could've wiped out the First Order in a matter of days by hyperspacing remote controlled or unmanned ships into their large fleets, forcing the First Order to scatter the remaining ships into smaller fleets that the rebels could easily take on in a fight.

>In the comics a super star destroyer took 3 simultaneous impacts from rebel cruisers in hyperspace and took only a 2% dip in their shields.
Sauce?

>Holdo smashes the right wing of the Supremacy

So what are the chances the next command ship in Episode IX will be 69 km long and called the Patriarchy?

>50% off your FIRST ORDER

>mega-class
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

If Poe had left immediately, the rebels would have escaped without the tracking beacon affixed and the dreadnought would have kept firing on an empty base.

TLJ is the biggest pleb filter we've seen in years.

Why are they using feet when metric is established in Star Wars?

>most destructive starship
>a single fighter ship can easily damage it without much trouble and probably even destroy it if it has an other fighter helping it

Disney took the Super-class designation of the Executor too seriously and didn't think to follow normal convention of naming the ship class after the first one constructed. But the same thing happens with the Finalizer being the first of the Resurgent-class or the normal Imperial Star Destroyer actually being called the Imperial-class, so it's not like the series is known for getting that sort of thing correct anyway.

>the first order has vast fleets of star destroyers
>doesn't just hyperspace jump some ships in front of the resistance

>doesn't just hyperspace supremacies into planets instead of building oversized death stars

havent seen the new star wars, what's this hyperspace jump meme

except theyve blown up three death stars now and the empire still hasnt been instantly destroyed

The destruction of the second death star did destroy the empire as it made the deaths of vader and the emperor inevitable.
And even then, the empire/first order can't build death stars faster than the rebels/resistance can acquire more ships so it still works out.

>the empire/first order can't build death stars
they've already built another 50

what the fuck

no they haven't

underrated

Fucking this.
Just make purpose built hyperspace capable torpedoes. Similar to those kamikaze planes the japs built towards the end of WW2. Except, you know, maybe remote control them instead of having vice admirals pilot them.

>Finalizer: 2.9km with 1,500+ weapons
>Fulminatrix: 7.6km with 28 weapons

Must have hired an engineering intern for the siege dreadnought design. With all the defense turrets topside it seems the ship was designed just to be a set piece for a two dimensional B-17 boming run in space.

????

thumbs up

>That fucking huge bridge

Just take a slab of tungsten and add a hyperdrive and an engine. Going off the damage a hollow shell like the Raddus made you'd only need one, maybe two missiles to crack a planet core.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

Exactly. Even assuming you'd need to make it cruiser size for the engine to fit, it would probably still be far cheaper per "missile" as compared to firing the death star(s) which I can only imagine takes a tremendous amount of energy, not to mention the insane amount of capital required to build the damn thing.

Then again, anyone who navigates space ships in tight formations for a battle are fucking retarded to begin with considering the existence of giant fucking space lasers. See: the bombing run in TLJ

If hyperspace ramming works, space fleets wouldn't be a thing, everyone would just throw hyperspace missiles at each others planets. Death stars would be obsolete before the series even started.

Poe did absolutely nothing wrong.

>>doesn't just hyperspace jump some ships in front of the resistance
They were stringing them along until Rey came back. Snoke wanted to show her friends die in front of her. hat is why the first order allowed the chase to go on for as long as it did.

>Star Wars IX
>BEHOLD THE GIGA-STAR DESTROYER
>Rey looks at it and grins
>Hux get mind controlled and crashes the giga-star destroyer into kylo's TERA-Destroyer
>Starkiller Base 2.0 is an entire solar system of hyperspace death stars, orbited by small moons of regular death stars.
>They all shoot at once and somehow destroy every planet ever.
>Rey uses the force to cause a black hole to swallow up the death system
>Galaxy is nothing but asteroid fields and stars.
>Only Rey and Kylo survive.
>Have to unite to save at least humanity.
>They fly off with C3P0 and R2D2 in the Falcon to another galaxy far, far away...

FUK

>Snoke wanted to show her friends die in front of her. hat is why the first order allowed the chase to go on for as long as it did.

Did Snoke say that in the movie?

This.
It pretty much broke the whole saga.
It would have taken 10 seconds in the very beginning to explain the Resistance had a new type of weapon they needed to keep out of First Order hands.

Whoever designed that trowel doesn't understand why star destroyers are sexy.
It's because the pyramidal dagger shape allows all forward guns to superfire (fire over turrets in front/below) Such that if a ISD is pointed at a target pretty much EVERY gun can hit it's target. While also pursuing it and closing distance (ISDs were fast enough to even catch the Falcon at sublight) Also at the same time minimizing it's own front profile.
This fucking pizza slice is lame, only the guns on the outside edge could superfire hit anything in front, and all the guns on the flat face would risk hitting other flat face placed guns and would thus not fire. No wonder it got taken out by 1 heavy bomber and 1 x-wing.

So... he wanted to make her sad for a few seconds before his apprentice executed her...?

They lost a lot of experienced soldiers and military gear to take one out, considering how little the rebels have left compared to the last order it's debatable if it was worth it.

Then again you got retarded decisions like captains with years of experience going down with empty ships since apparently there is no auto pilot or just fucking locking the bridge at a set course for a few minutes (or hell rigging it to blow up)

There is so many dumb decisions on both sides that i can understand why weapon dealers exploit these retards.

The Galaxy Gun was halfway there with the hyperspace capable torpedoes, but they exit hyperspace before attacking and create a nuclear chain reaction instead using a particle disintegrator warhead.

>traded a handful of bombers for one of the most destructive starships in the galaxy
Apparently could have just traded one bomber going at relativistic speeds for it

>no last stand for general Ackbar
>instead we got this

>If he hadn't, the Resistance would have been crushed.
You just like what happened at the end you fucking retard?

>that size
Its a step in the right direction, but still prohibitively large and expensive. The other thing with that is that really big things tend to make really good targets for, you know, single bombers or strike forces. Youd think the Empire of all people would have fucking realized this by now.
Whereas say a hundred self propelled missiles would probably be a fraction of the cost while not being easily destroyed.

Or they would have just left with that many more people alive and that much more intact equipment

It's criminally stupid to trade that much when he could have just put anything with a hyperdrive on autopilot and blew up the entire enemy fleet.

>you must destroy the giga

Kylo confirmed for being based on Kai?

True dualism is knowing what you are and adapting.

Screw me iffin' I don't love the salesmanship and reckless abandon.

/asp/

The topic being... Vince mCmhaousnn has it all over you.

>hyperspace ramming didn't exist before the last je-

I need a webm of user designing this ship in Paint

>30 years or your death star is free

I remember a copypasta from WH40 about some terrorists launching a ship like this into planet's spaceport, it had some juicy descriptions.

Probably can use this as an inspiration.

*blocks your path*

I know this is bait but, you do realize what OP aid saying right? They would have all died if Poe hadn’t brought down that dreadnaught.

Yeah thank God those 20 rebels got away

Ah but it wasn’t hyperspace ramming, they dropped out of hyperspace because of the hyperspace shadow of the executor

A bald assertion isn't an argument, I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

wew

The thing about hyperspace as a weapon is that it definitively removes certain barriers and confusion as to understanding how things worked.

Was hyperspace always a direct increase in speed past the speed of light, without being in a different dimension while doing it? It would presumably be fairly catastrophic if you hit anything if you were in real space the whole time, not to mention it being impossible in the current understanding of this universe.

What is the point of lasers and energy weapons on capital ships if solid projectiles are entirely devastating at FTL velocities? Only reason I could think of would be that energy weapons negated the effectiveness shields have against solid matter, like how in the fifteenth century the advanced plate armour of the day was basically impervious to swords but was useless against bullets, requiring everyone to switch over to using guns.

>soon pizza orders will be restored throughout the galaxy

youtube.com/watch?v=puvD_FDS_jE

>I HAVE BROUGHT PIZZA
>FREE JUST EAT PIZZA
>JUST DON'T EAT MY PIECE

but why tho

wait is this what actually happens?
I was under the impression this was some mixed gif made by some user
how can it be a hyperdrive attack if she just mary sues the whole thing
don't make me watch this shit to find out Sup Forums

Literally the SDSD Freudian Nightmare. Bravo Disney. Bravo.

Bring this weapon back for IX, make it as little thicker in the shaft, add two spherical devices to the bottom (say SD shield generators) and you would literally have a representation of male genitalia for all the strong independent waman to smash.

>War of attrition
>Trading resources at hundreds of times the value
You don't know what attrition means, do you?

IIRC it was a wormhole that allowed you to go faster-than-light by folding space. So no, it wasn't like just going super duper fast. Theoretically a ship in hyperspace would just pass through any object on its path.

No they wouldn't, i thought the same when I first saw it, but I watched it again with some friends last weekend.

Leia ordered him to return to the cruiser after the base evacuated it's last remaining transporter and the dreadnought destroyed the base with it's volley. There was enough time for him and the fleet to leave, but he was in the middle of teabagging the entire turret range, so he wanted to use this chance to destroy that ship.
He actually risked the whole fleet with him disobeying orders. Leia probably should have jumped away without him

Had the same issue running the game on an older machine back in the day, the sound effects and music weren't synced up to the visuals. Here's the intro properly paced on a computer not using a potato for a processor.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ESg7PmiLNo

A squadron of bombers and fighters cost more to the resistance than the dreadnought costs to the first order.

>material_defender.jpg

shoulda just had a bomber hyperspace jump through it

That’s not what I meant mate, my bad for not elaborating further though. I meant the dreadnaught would have destroyed them later, since they were being tracked through hyperspace.

Like as in it would have showed up along with the white Supremacy and blown up their shields